Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers (11385 Views)

AFCON: Arsenal Celebrates Nigeria As They Beat South Africa (Photos) / AFCON: Angry Egyptians Beg Super Eagles To Beat South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by extol1(m): 12:09pm On Apr 06
Goodlady:
Oshoala is injured ni or why she no play.
That 1-0 small o, fear don dey for our qualification

She played for her club about 3 days before this game. I think the coach is concerning fatigue but I am sure she will start second leg of the game
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by naptu2: 12:11pm On Apr 06
Goodlady:
Oshoala is injured ni or why she no play.
That 1-0 small o, fear don dey for our qualification

Oshoala and Okoronkwo arrived Nigeria a day before the match, that's why the coach didn't start them.
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by aswani(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06
naptu2:

Plumptre was initially invited, but she had to pull out of the team a few days ago due to injury. Chidinma Okeke (who has been away from the team for a while) was called up as her replacement.

Thanks for the info
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by Deogratiasfx: 12:18pm On Apr 06
extol1:

What are you saying, do you know that the coach is not a Nigerian, so why bring tribalism into the selection of the players

Someone that just wants to trend and u are here flattering him by replying him.
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by femi4: 1:17pm On Apr 06
Deogratiasfx:

Is it only Olympic they play? Check AFCON History:
Men: took 3 out of 34 Tournaments
Women: 11 of 14 Tournaments

World cup: Best Results
Men: Round of 16
Women: Quarter Final

Judging by the level of supports these categories receive, the difference is like day and night. These ladies ought to forever celebrated and each of them given National honours
the context here is Olympics. Stay on the topic
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by Rumundele(m): 1:19pm On Apr 06
How come they cannot show this match? What are we really benefitting from this government. This little thing they cannot provide for citizens.
Too bad
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by Goodlady(f): 1:30pm On Apr 06
naptu2:

Oshoala and Okoronkwo arrived Nigeria a day before the match, that's why the coach didn't start them.
Hope they start next game. Meanwhile, is there a way we can have a formidable starting 11 that has Echeginni, Alozie, Ajibade and Oshoala. Make we just barter South Africa. Anytime Nigeria manhandle South Africa, Cameroon or Ghana for football, it gives me joy. Also, it don tey wey we qualify for Olumpic from what I v read. Since 2008? Na JSS3 I dey that time.
I no too like football but women football better pass

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by femi4: 3:32pm On Apr 06
Goodlady:

Hope they start next game. Meanwhile, is there a way we can have a formidable starting 11 that has Echeginni, Alozie, Ajibade and Oshoala. Make we just barter South Africa. Anytime Nigeria manhandle South Africa, Cameroon or Ghana for football, it gives me joy. Also, it don tey wey we qualify for Olumpic from what I v read. Since 2008? Na JSS3 I dey that time.
I no too like football but women football better pass
We didn't win the last nations cup, and they were all there
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by Goodlady(f): 4:03pm On Apr 06
femi4:
We go win next one n qualify for Olumpic. All my friends must be in that team for second leg. Including Plumptre wey get injury.
South Africa must cry again!
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by Deogratiasfx: 4:07pm On Apr 06
femi4:
the context here is Olympics. Stay on the topic

I am not taking based on Olympic alone. The ladies made us more proud than the men and should be acknowledged as such.
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by naptu2: 5:01pm On Apr 06
femi4:

They weren't all there. Echegini was not there and Oshoala only played the first match before she got injured. That's 2 of the 3 people she mentioned.

As the South African coach said, this is not the same team. We were in transition in 2022, but now the transition has been completed.
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by Princezibk: 5:23pm On Apr 06
femi4:
The boys have done better than the girls in Olympics

Gold 1996
Silver 2008
Bronze 2016
Our men and boys had dazzled the continent’s and world too .

Many Nigerians are myopic and lack good memories,,,
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by femi4: 6:21pm On Apr 06
Princezibk:
Our men and boys had dazzled the continent’s and world too .

Many Nigerians are myopic and lack good memories,,,
Don't mind them. The men game are more competitive. We have top 8 teams recycling the afcon among themselves in the last 20yrs
Re: Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers by Reussite: 6:10pm On Apr 07
Taking 1-0 to Pretoria isn't really a good victory. We missed two sitters that would have buried the game in our favour. I hope the girls hold their own on tuesday to emerge victorious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? / Wladimir Klitschko To Fight Nigeria's Samuel Peter / Oshoala Scores 2 Goals In Barcelona's First Training Match Since Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.