Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa (17204 Views)

Electricity Workers Demand Withdrawal Of New Tariff / NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff / Please Don't Fall Victim Sit At Home From 23rd Of Feb Still Stand - Simon Ekpa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by enemyofprogress: 11:11am On Apr 06
Who never see anything. All of una go suffer
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by davidtemi(m): 11:12am On Apr 06
ForValour:
I feel less concerned about this new tariff because l dont feel them at all.
Whether u are on band A or E the thing is... It will affect everybody because band A will pay more on electricity and the company/industry under band A will increase price of whatever they are producing. That's just d hard fact

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by RhinoChest: 11:13am On Apr 06
The reason subsidy has to go is because government care about poor people. Rich people already have alternatives and they get the bulk of the meagre electricity already being generated. Rich people already have generators.

Once production goes up, you pretty much want many Nigerians in band A because you want as many customers to sell to. Only way to help poor on minimum wage in the long run is increase power output by inducing competition in the sector.

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by Angelfrost(m): 11:17am On Apr 06
helinues:

If areas are grouped to the right band based on the electricity they are supplied, this new tariff shouldn't have much effects.

All this epistle is unnecessary

Lol... Learn to face the truth once in a while.

It is just cowardice and duplicity that kept them from outright removal of subsidy across board.

Claiming that it only affects Band A is laughable.

The scope is simple!

Push many into Band A by starving other lower bands of electricity supply... Then you will have band B, C, D, to Z staying days to weeks without power supply.

The customers are left with no option but move to generators, solar, or UPGRADE to the 'winning' team. cool

In a few years (if not months), almost everyone will be in band A paying over the top for light, which will still depreciate due to the Naija factor.

Tariff increased indirectly across board without much fuss.

That's Capitalism through the back door! cool

3 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by akaahs(m): 11:17am On Apr 06
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

It is too late to cry over spilt milk. Next time sane Nigerians must do everything to fight for competent leaders to lead the country to better heights.

2027 is another opportunity cheesy grin

Elections have consequences like reasonable people would say.

grin grin

E don be o grin grin
Fortunately or unfortunately people like me have vow not to vote again. I can't be risking myself and family to travel to my home state and the election ll be manipulated. Not me again nor my family member.

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by advanceDNA: 11:24am On Apr 06
helinues:

If areas are grouped to the right band based on the electricity they are supplied, this new tariff shouldn't have much effects.

It shouldn't even be legal charging anyone different rate from others when it's the type of product......
Electricity is electricity....Are they giving band A customers different type of electricity??

How can u say because I'm buying more then I will be charged at a higher than those getting less

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by Lavor234: 11:31am On Apr 06
Hopefully if Trump wins, it may trickle down to genuine elections, remember he advocated for seizing the properties of electoral thieves. This may mean just 3 years of this govt

3 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by benardtotti(m): 11:35am On Apr 06
SmartPolician:
Unfortunately, this writer didn't do justice to the issue at hand; he was only writing as a consumer who wanted the increase to be reversed.

However, I want to see a fair investigative journalist who will try to unravel what happens in that sector. The article should be able to answer the questions:

1. Why do Discos and Gencos owe banks nearly one trillion naira?

2. Why do Gencos not reinvest their earnings in the power generation infrastructure to improve power distribution?

3. How does the FG intend to have states supply power when Discos' licenses will still be valid for about 5 years?

4. When will the FG end the national grid regime and limit power generation, transmission and distribution to states?

5. What happens to FG power stations when states start generating their own power?

Please nobody should quote and tell me it is because of corruption. We need to get our journalists to think and do some serious work so that the citizens will understand what's happening in their country.

God bless you for this , we need to start asking the right questions, but our journalists are more interested in either whipping up sentiments with their articles or social media trends. So even the politicians don't take them seriously anymore.
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by CrossRhodes: 11:36am On Apr 06
ForValour:
I feel less concerned about this new tariff because l dont feel them at all.
Your emotions change nothing........
Playing the ostrich changes nothing at all.....
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by CrossRhodes: 11:37am On Apr 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Peguin2 has suggested who will vote in 2027.
Obi will continue giving you high BP till eternity

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by MidasTouch15: 11:37am On Apr 06
No be una Nigerians? Everybody will adjust to the price. In a few weeks, labour will call for strike and then cancel on midnight of the d-day. It's a recurring theme

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by michlins(m): 11:37am On Apr 06
PressMyButton:
PDP sold NEPA to incompetent individuals while Government keeps paying subsidy to support their operations. Such can only happen in Nigeria where we keep giving money to buyers of public assests. They are only interested in collecting subsidies to futher enrinch themselves, for so long, Government has been paying subsidy for darkness. Kudos to the President for gradually putting a stop to the fraud.
APC have had nine years to fix the problem

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by CrossRhodes: 11:38am On Apr 06
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

Gaz"elle garan"gaja simplification ?

Dis man.

grin grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by benardtotti(m): 11:40am On Apr 06
zionstaar75:
this write up is a bloody lie and only ignorant people will believe it. First you can never use the same number of units in a month. It's practically impossible. I know because I've been using prepaid meter for 12 years and I've never used the same units twice. Secondly if u don't have light your meter will not read so you can't be using the units when there's no light. Common sense has become scarce on nairaland I now use the platform only once or twice a week

Don't mind the writer who was just being sentimental.
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by ForValour: 11:48am On Apr 06
Cul4real:

This is exactly the black mentality that may never let the black people's countries Advanced. Whatever is not directly concern you but seriously affecting others is a less concerned to some people like this person, you have forgotten that what will concern you is coming to you one way or the other in the future.
Do you understand that statement at all? Or your brain is too literal to decode complex undernote or even a simple satire. Always think before you reply
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by ForValour: 11:51am On Apr 06
davidtemi:

Whether u are on band A or E the thing is... It will affect everybody because band A will pay more on electricity and the company/industry under band A will increase price of whatever they are producing. That's just d hard fact
Where is the electricity?
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by maasoap(m): 11:51am On Apr 06
helinues:

You think only rich people's houses fall under band A?

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by nlreserve: 11:52am On Apr 06
PressMyButton:
PDP sold NEPA to incompetent individuals while Government keeps paying subsidy to support their operations. Such can only happen in Nigeria where we keep giving money to buyers of public assests. They are only interested in collecting subsidies to futher enrinch themselves, for so long, Government has been paying subsidy for darkness. Kudos to the President for gradually putting a stop to the fraud.
Both pdp and Apc qre fraudulent. Why put subsidy in the first place? APC can as well reclaim the assets from the individual. And continue the subsidy. What has changed after the privatisation?

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by maasoap(m): 11:55am On Apr 06
PressMyButton:
So, it was all fraud all along but you're still saying Kudos to Tinubu for shifting that scam to the poor citizens. Is it not his responsibility to protect the citizens?

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by maasoap(m): 11:58am On Apr 06
Lanretoye:
Those who no Dey for the band A na them Dey complain,una go cry another man cry tire.
Some of them don’t even get up to 2hrs daily,them carry tariff hike for head without thinking about how they have been paying for those in band A.

And you believe that band A dey get light for 20 hours? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by ForValour: 12:01pm On Apr 06
CrossRhodes:

Your emotions change nothing........
Playing the ostrich changes nothing at all.....
Your people have proven incapable of good leadership and it is best for distinct minds to separate from the limiting quagmire.

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by maasoap(m): 12:04pm On Apr 06
zionstaar75:
this write up is a bloody lie and only ignorant people will believe it. First you can never use the same number of units in a month. It's practically impossible. I know because I've been using prepaid meter for 12 years and I've never used the same units twice. Secondly if u don't have light your meter will not read so you can't be using the units when there's no light. Common sense has become scarce on nairaland I now use the platform only once or twice a week

I believed that you're the one who failed to employ common sense here. You might not use the same units every month but there is what we call average consumption.

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by ForValour: 12:05pm On Apr 06
Jostoman:
let the people that are feeling it complain about the wicked increment from Government.
THINK. Not everyone is as simple as you are.
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by mipeesoft(m): 12:05pm On Apr 06
Correct...
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

It is too late to cry over spilt milk. Next time sane Nigerians must do everything to fight for competent leaders to lead the country to better heights.

grin grin

E don be o grin grin

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by mipeesoft(m): 12:06pm On Apr 06
You're very correct Correct...
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

grin grin

E don be o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by 234GT(m): 12:11pm On Apr 06
akaahs:

Fortunately or unfortunately people like me have vow not to vote again. I can't be risking myself and family to travel to my home state and the election ll be manipulated. Not me again nor my family member.

Election was not manipulated...people voted foolishly for Tinubh and they are still foolishly defending his useless policies...unfortunately, the very poor are the ones defending his wicked policies...

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by InvertedHammer: 12:16pm On Apr 06
markidoo:
First it was subsidy for petroleum products,then came the Fall 🍂 of the Naira💵, increase in Food and other essential commodities skyrocketed, not to talk 🦜🐦🦜 about insecurity, now it's electricity 🔌, these people keep biting Nigerians and the funny 🤣 thing is the elasticity that we can be stretched defies the Laws of Elasticity.. What can really be done to bring succour to the Common Man
/

Nigerians will only complain and then adapt.

Don't ever take them serious.

All the tiers of government know it.

/
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by janvier27(m): 12:17pm On Apr 06
The new tariff is crazy and unrealistic

2 Likes

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by tnerro1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 06
Lanretoye:
Those who no Dey for the band A na them Dey complain,una go cry another man cry tire.
Some of them don’t even get up to 2hrs daily,them carry tariff hike for head without thinking about how they have been paying for those in band A.

Be like say u never hear say for some compound in the same area, some meters na Band A , some Band B and other C D etc. all supplied by the same power holding company.

Classifications should be according to the area u live , not the type of meter you buy. I have heard some AEDC people saying some meters can work in some areas but not in other areas, why is that when we are all in Abuja?
Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by top4: 12:45pm On Apr 06
Nigeria people should rise up against any detrimental to economic life

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by Anatolia: 1:11pm On Apr 06
If not for outright foolishness on some Nigerians defending the wicked policies of Tilumbu government. Why will e everyone not be in band A. Secondly, how can payment for band A be higher than the minimum wage ?

1 Like

Re: This New Tariff Must Not Stand! - Simon Musa by nairalanda1(m): 1:12pm On Apr 06
Anatolia:
If not for outright foolishness on some Nigerians defending the wicked policies of Tilumbu government. Why will e everyone not be in band A. Secondly, how can payment for band A be higher than the minimum wage ?

People living in band A are the rich and wealthy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official / We Will Never Forgive Buhari For This.... Pictures. / Mugabe: Osinbajo Returns To Nigeria From Zimbabwe (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.