Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. (1683 Views)

What Are The Difference Between National Symbols And Other Symbols. / Symbols Of Freemason In Covenant University / What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by EnemyofGod2: 8:05am On Apr 06
Somebody said is a symbol of illuminati,but I disagree with the person, although I actually don't know the meaning of it.

I Just pretending am fine but deep inside me i don't know the meaning of this 👇👇

Please can someone tell me the meaning of those symbols in our currency ?

Mod please do the needful.
( Olawalebabs,fynestboi,Richiez. )

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by vibemad007: 8:17am On Apr 06
Nigeria govt they play with us like video game

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by muyico(m): 8:17am On Apr 06
Hrtly unity
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Cassandraloius: 8:19am On Apr 06
Lols.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Ibaaboy(m): 8:22am On Apr 06
hmmm
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Blakjewelry(m): 8:30am On Apr 06
Na so una say because Obama is the first black president of America na illuminati, as he don leave office, I dey ask na who come be the new head of illuminati nobody dey give me answers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Hahjascho(m): 9:03am On Apr 06
Why do these shapes look related to Squid games movie?…lol

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by illicit(m): 9:35am On Apr 06
It's for blind people

They touch it to identify the note's denomination

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Pussyisgud: 10:11am On Apr 06
illicit:
It's for blind people
They touch it to identify the note's denomination
They touch it, i don't understand?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by illicit(m): 10:19am On Apr 06
Pussyisgud:

They touch it, i don't understand?

They have to touch it and feel it

It's like braille

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Starboytwo(m): 10:26am On Apr 06
Na X and O.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by emmy512: 10:35am On Apr 06
When this currencies were jntroduced.
Those symbols were labeled to help the blind know the currency they held.

If you touch it, you'll feel it different and somehow embossed.

You may not feel it much as someone that can see properly.

But trust me to a blind person they'll feel it well as their sense of touch and smell is increased when they loose sight

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by mytime24(f): 11:08am On Apr 06
Waiting for answer
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Pussyisgud: 11:41am On Apr 06
illicit:

They have to touch it and feel it
It's like braille
U dey smoke Igbo, touch a smooth and flat paper abi

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by webincomeplus(m): 11:43am On Apr 06
The signs are to help those with sight challenges to identify the polymer notes.

You might not feel anything if you touch it, but give it to someone who cannot see, and they'll tell you how much it is by merely touching that sign.

The signs are not on the non-polymer notes because the figure values of those ones have already been embossed on the paper.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by illicit(m): 11:44am On Apr 06
Pussyisgud:

I don quit smoking

That symbol is not flat
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by webincomeplus(m): 11:52am On Apr 06
Pussyisgud:

Stop arguing blindly. Here's a a document from CBN's website.

Read the second paragraph under "front".

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by webincomeplus(m): 11:56am On Apr 06
The fact that Nigerians will confidently spew all sorts of nonsense (illuminati, etc) about this stuff without sparing just a few minutes to research speaks volumes about their IQ levels.

You'd hardly find a Nigerian who can argue based on accurate and provable facts for just 10 minutes without mixing them up with beer parlor gist.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Nairalander248: 11:57am On Apr 06
EnemyofGod2:
Somebody said is a symbol of illuminati,but I disagree with the person, although I actually don't know the meaning of it.

I Just pretending am fine but deep inside me i don't know the meaning of this 👇👇

Please can someone tell me the meaning of those symbols in our currency ?

Mod please do the needful.
( Olawalebabs,fynestboi,Richiez. )

It's called Tactile mark (The raised prints ) - for someone to feel it, the blind can tell how much is that with that texture...

You can learn more here

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Currency/FeaturesCoins.asp

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by PlayerMeji: 12:55pm On Apr 06
They are identifies for laser counters etc

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Seunpapa65: 1:56pm On Apr 06
It's the 4 element of Nigeria
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by henndukwe18: 2:23pm On Apr 06
Play station currency
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Mikespecialone(m): 6:40pm On Apr 06
webincomeplus:

Stop arguing blindly. Here's a a document from CBN's website.

Read the second paragraph under "front".

Indeed, I learned something on Nairaland today .... Beautiful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Exousiang01: 2:06am On Apr 07
Pussyisgud:

You are actually the dumb one here.
It's just like Braille it was designed for the blind.
It is to be touched and felt.

The GenZ na the loudest empty headed generation of human to ever exist.
You folks know nothing yet so loud.
Do you young people even think at all?
Why not try too find out why he said what he said? You dont know yet you are quick to insult him.
Nothing in your brain but insults.

This generation will slow down development globally, nothing dey their head
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by AcadaWriter: 2:17am On Apr 07
Nigeria govt they play with us like video game
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Pussyisgud: 6:36am On Apr 07
Exousiang01:

You are actually the dumb one here.
It's just like Braille it was designed for the blind.
It is to be touched and felt.

The GenZ na the loudest empty headed generation of human to ever exist.
You folks know nothing yet so loud.
Do you young people even think at all?
Why not try too find out why he said what he said? You dont know yet you are quick to insult him.
Nothing in your brain but insults.

This generation will slow down development globally, nothing dey their head
Ogun kill you fool
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Exousiang01: 9:12am On Apr 07
Pussyisgud:

Ogun kill you fool

Lol
You just proved me right.
Nothing in your head aside insults.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Symbols In Our Currency Naira. by Pennywise2: 1:41am On Apr 30
webincomeplus:
The fact that Nigerians will confidently spew all sorts of nonsense (illuminati, etc) about this stuff without sparing just a few minutes to research speaks volumes about their IQ levels.

You'd hardly find a Nigerian who can argue based on accurate and provable facts for just 10 minutes without mixing them up with beer parlor gist.
what can we do after Google update can you please update your thread

(1) (Reply)

Direct Admission Into Any University In Ukraine / Best Nigeria University For Masters In English Language / What Is The Importance Of IT Log Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.