Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding (8694 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, 4 Others Spend N28.3bn On Ramadan Feeding / Sokoto To Spend N6.7bn On Ramadan Feeding / Court Sacks Aminu Kanta As APC House Of Reps Candidate In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Racoon(m): 11:46am On Apr 06
ganye1:
It is the duty of government to do what will make the citizens happy, so if they are happy when a government provides food for those fasting and subsidy for hajj that's none of your business.
Embezzling government money in the name of religion? Stealing in God's name? UAE, Saudi Arabia didn't developed that way.
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by TableLeg(m): 11:47am On Apr 06
Ole ji ja ninu awe?
Subhuhannallah! cheesy
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:48am On Apr 06
shedy03:

To a northern Muslim, it's always Islam first. lol.

While to the South Easterner, he is confused between Biafra and Nigeria between being a Christian or being a Jew lol.
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by SULBELL(m): 11:54am On Apr 06
ganye1:

It is the duty of government to do what will make the citizens happy, so if they are happy when a government provides food for those fasting and subsidy for hajj that's none of your business.

But that will be sentimental and unproductive, so what happen to those who will not get the Ramadan food, or in this case where the fund is embezzled by one person?. is it only during Ramadan that people need food?
Then what is the business of Government sponsoring or subsidizing people to hajj which is a private tourist visit when there are many poor and unfed citizen
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Tarabye: 12:00pm On Apr 06
If such actions occur during Ramadan, when will they not? We need to take our eyes off what doesn't belong to us. A thorough investigation is crucial to uphold transparency and prevent future misuse of public funds
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by kalufelix(m): 12:09pm On Apr 06
Dem no arrest am ni.. ?
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Pat081: 12:10pm On Apr 06
Musablessing:
What's wrong with Nigerians and mismanagement of funds
it is part of us bros
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by phemmie06(m): 12:12pm On Apr 06
When you turned Ramadan in to a scam... Why is it that the Ramadan month is the only month people should be fed, what happened after Ramadan?
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by GenFunction: 12:17pm On Apr 06
Every year dis northern goro chewing bastard political class loot large monies in the name of ramadan feeding.
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by ganye1: 12:32pm On Apr 06
There is always those who do not benifit from government spending. Government builds schools, hospitals, roads etc but it is not everybody that benefits from them.

SULBELL:

But that will be sentimental and unproductive, so what happen to those who will not get the Ramadan food, or in this case where the fund is embezzled by one person?. is it only during Ramadan that people need food?
Then what is the business of Government sponsoring or subsidizing people to hajj which is a private tourist visit when there are many poor and unfed citizen
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by ganye1: 12:35pm On Apr 06
I'm not supporting embezzling money in whatever name. My response is to the person who wants to derail the threat by bringing in issues of sponsorship of hajj and feeding the poor during the Ramadan.
Racoon:
Embezzling government money in the name of religion? Stealing in God's name? UAE, Saudi Arabia didn't developed that way.
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by SULBELL(m): 12:45pm On Apr 06
ganye1:
There is always those who do not benifit from government spending. Government builds schools, hospitals, roads etc but it is not everybody that benefits from them.

On the contrary sir, the examples you raised are example of social services which every citizen have equal right to. I may decide to put my child a public school or attend a general hospital, its my right. and i may decide otherwise to go to a private hospital.

This is different from sharing food during fasting, what happen to those who are not fasting, they loose out on that right,
What happened after the fasting period, will they continue the food sharing?
Even during the food sharing will they be going from house to house or it will only be for some selected few.

Same as hajj, those who are not close to those in power automatically loose out, those who don't have the unsubsidized amount will not be ncluded.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by SULBELL(m): 12:53pm On Apr 06
ganye1:
I'm not supporting embezzling money in whatever name. My response is to the person who wants to derail the threat by bringing in issues of sponsorship of hajj and feeding the poor during the Ramadan.

How is that derailing the thread when the topic is boldly on Ramadan feeding fund being mismanaged.
What is the different between my opinion and that of @ Racoon

Let the Government take on their responsibilities for which they are coted for.
Sentimental food sharing in a selected month and selective tourist visa subsidy is sure not part of those functions but rather an avenue to embezzle.
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Ejiakusmith(m): 12:59pm On Apr 06
This Northern Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ has been dragging this nation backwards since time in memorial 😭😭😭😞😭😞
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by GenFunction: 12:59pm On Apr 06
ganye1:

So if ur child requests for a snake u go give am?
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Emekajacob(m): 1:24pm On Apr 06
lexy2014:

how is the focus on Tinubu responsible for many state governments misplacing priorities?

Shut up
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Kingzmate(m): 1:39pm On Apr 06
SOME SEE RAMADAN AS RAMALOOT grin

LOOTING RAMA cheesy
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Babaken(m): 1:47pm On Apr 06
emkz:
One of the greatest anomalies in northern Nigeria is the misappropriation of resources on matters that have no developmental value to those states, for example:

(1) Ramadan feeding
(2) Hajj subsidy and outright payment
(3) Mass weddings.

Internally generated revenue in some of the states doing these things are extremely poor. They include: Sokoto, Kebbi, Jigawa, and Kano. The quality of life of the population is also disturbing, yet they invest in things that cannot improve the lives of their citizens. For example, do all these states have good drinking water? Are their citizens gainfully employed? Are their children in school? Is infrastructure in top shape?

Okay, the funds allocated for Ramadan feeding: are the included in the budget? If not, how will the funds be accounted for? After Ramadan, will the people not eat again? Is it the responsibility of state governments to feed citizens during Ramadan? Do the governments of Qatar and Saudi Arabia feed their citizens with public funds during Ramadan?

Then to the issue of Hajj sponsorship: when the sponsored return from Hajj, would they return to an eldorado state of affairs or they return to an endemic poor state of affairs?

Northern governors must separate personal spiritual pursuits from public funds. Public funds belong to the public and should be geared towards public good and not fund people's private spiritual pursuits.

As for the Jigawa State Commissioner for Commerce suspended for alleged mismanagement of iftar feeding programme funds, I think the state government and entire cabinet ought to suspend themselves too for misappropriation of public funds to a feeding programme unknown to the state's appropriation bill.
mass wedding to breed More almajiri to be use during election and their bandits business.
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by lexy2014: 1:53pm On Apr 06
Emekajacob:

Shut up

how is the focus on Tinubu responsible for many state governments misplacing priorities?
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by lexy2014: 1:56pm On Apr 06
ganye1:

can you show where it is in the constitution that it is the duty of government to do what will make the citizens happy?

which is better, providing food for fasting and subsidy for hajj or improving standard of living so that people can afford to live the lives they want?

does the constitution provide for providing food for fasting?
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by adecz: 2:13pm On Apr 06
APC na looting machine......

... Just no allow them see money or
palliatives for eye, if no dem must loot amβ—οΈβ—οΈπŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘

Imagine an old man like this, who is
probably a grandfather.

He will loot such religious funds and then
use it to marry a new wife who he will
take to Mecca for pilgrimage next month😑

Den of rogues❌❎❌❎
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Bluntemperor: 2:13pm On Apr 06
Racoon:

It's is Prone to the Northern States but copied by the Southerners because,how can -Kano,Jigsaw,etc, and other States be dolling out NBILLIONS - that supposed to be for the Youthful Employments,
-Development of their States, in---------------Infrastructures,
-Agriculture Development.e g where are the Groundnuts Pyramids of the North before now?
-24/7 Lights for Industries,
-Educational Advancements,etc,is being diverted, without anything to show for it.
Surely, because they got Free Quarterly NBILLIONS Money from the Federal Govt, nobody is being responsible and accountable again.
To worsen the situation, they will go for another one in travelling to Hajj,but why are Dubai,UAE,not bringing their own Money here? Religion should be an individual thing,no government should be involved!
Something is wrong with us, especially our System and Nigeria- Structure and that is why Corruption will continue from Top to Bottom- because no Discipline and No Accountability!
I beg, make Una park somewhere!
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by ganye1: 2:41pm On Apr 06
I'll not give my children snake if they request but but I'll not complain if the children make such request and the parents oblige them. I have seen parents who taught their children how to rear snakes. If it makes them it is none of my business.
GenFunction:
So if ur child requests for a snake u go give am?
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by Danmisra(m): 2:41pm On Apr 06
Setting an example is very good to serve as deterrence to others.

When you Don't enjoy anything from your governors because the don't care and you are so jealous of others , then you will say all sort of rubbish.
Please hold your governors accountable. What other states did is none of your damn business.
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by ganye1: 2:44pm On Apr 06
All I know is that the government exists for the people.
Anywhere in the world making sure no citizen goes hungry is considered as a most.
lexy2014:

can you show where it is in the constitution that it is the duty of government to do what will make the citizens happy?

which is better, providing food for fasting and subsidy for hajj or improving standard of living so that people can afford to live the lives they want?

Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by lexy2014: 2:45pm On Apr 06
ganye1:
All I know is that the government exists for the people.
Anywhere in the world making sure no citizen goes hungry is considered as a most.

you have not answered my questions.

Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by GenFunction: 3:14pm On Apr 06
ganye1:
I'll not give my children snake if they request but but I'll not complain if the children make such request and the parents oblige them. I have seen parents who taught their children how to rear snakes. If it makes them it is none of my business.
Okay,u'll nt grant za snake request abi? na jus wetin i wan knw.
Re: Jigawa Suspends Aminu Kanta Over 'Mismanagement Of Funds' For Ramadan Feeding by NaijaSumigan: 4:21pm On Apr 06
Even the Governor who suspends is a thief. Who will then suspend Mr Governor?

It shall be ill for all political thieves in government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Ban Okada, Fashola’s Committee Endorses Plan / Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani / Battle Of Imagbon (the Anglo-ijebu War) 1892

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.