Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani (8692 Views)

Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor / Ministerial List: Buhari Only Sent 21 Names, To Send Other Before Tuesday / Ondo Elections Not Free And Fair- Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by aljharem(m): 9:09pm On May 24, 2012
Abuja – Former Senate President Ken Nnamani said on Thursday in Abuja that Gen. Muhamadu Buhari only called for free and fair elections in the country and not bloodshed. Nnamani said this in an interview .

He said based on his understanding of the statement credited to Buhari, the former head of state was not boisterous in his comment. The former senate president urged well-meaning Nigerians not to take undue advantage of developments to create tension in the country, saying opinions such as Buhari’s should be taken objectively.

“The way I understood him I don’t think he was being too boisterous because our people responded to that in a way that seemed like he was calling for blood to flow; I didn’t understand him that way.

“The way I understood the statement is that if it’s not free and fair it might spell doom for the country, is a kind of prediction but he’s not calling for blood.

“I didn’t understand him as calling for blood am not his spokesman by any means, but am only trying to interpret it the way I understood that statement and it is important for us to shoot for free and fair election.”

Speaking on Nigeria’s Vision 20:2020, Nnamani said a lot needed to be done for the country to attain the feat. According to him, Nigeria should be growing faster than the 19 most developed economies if it is to join the 20 industrialised countries of the world.

“It will be wrong for us to think that in the next eight years we will overtake the countries like Indonesia or India or Korea; it is not possible that we will do it. “We are still battling with our light (power) situation; still battling with the security situation; other countries are doing the same. Our government, as far as I am concerned looks very focused and working hard to solve some of the problems.

“But for us to assume that we are going to launch people in the moon in the next eight years and so on and overtake all those countries that we consider highly industrialised nation, it is good to aspire but it should be based on facts.”

Nnamani said there was nothing wrong in aspiring to be in the class of the 20 most industrialised economies in the world, but called for proper measures that would help Nigeria achieve such target. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/buhari-only-called-for-free-fair-elections-not-bloodshed-ex-senate-president/
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Gbawe: 6:45am On May 25, 2012
One can always expect Statesman-like utterance and general class from Ken Nnamani. Thoroughly refined chap. Folks should bear in mind that he is a prominent PDP member as well. Yet he is not jumping on the bandwagon , over-dramatising Buhari's utterances, like other mediocrities happy to gain some distraction that moves attention away from their pathetic leadership of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Pukkah: 7:38am On May 25, 2012
Thank God that we still have some neutral and fine minds left in Nigeria. People who can rise above the pettiness of politics.

I ask, is Nigeria not headed for failure if the 2015 elections are mindlessly rigged?
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Gbawe: 8:10am On May 25, 2012
Pukkah: Thank God that we still have some neutral and fine minds left in Nigeria. People who can rise above the pettiness of politics.

I ask, is Nigeria not headed for failure if the 2015 elections are mindlessly rigged?

I have nothing but respect for Ken Nnamani. How he breaks rank here is indicative of his quite bravery and resolve. The chap will stand up for what he believes in even if his opinion is unpopular or against the collective pontification of a herd given to attacking others because of blind loyalty to an Indolent President allowing them to "eat" gluttonously.

We need more men like Nnamani to speak up so the foolish children everywhere , refusing to grow into adults, will stop boring us with talks of how it is the Yoruba, Hausa and Fulanis alone who stand up for anyone percieved to be an opponent of GEJ.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Apesin001: 8:28am On May 25, 2012
nice talk by Nnamani. Tell mr Gej that 2015 election should be free and fair.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by sheyguy: 8:28am On May 25, 2012
Gbawe:

I have nothing but respect for Ken Nnamani. How he breaks rank here is indicative of his quite bravery and resolve. The chap will stand up for what he believes in even if his opinion is unpopular or against the collective pontification of a herd given to attacking others because of blind loyalty to an Indolent President allowing them to "eat" gluttonously.

We need more men like Nnamani to speak up so the foolish children everywhere , refusing to grow into adults, will stop boring us with talks of how it is the Yoruba, Hausa and Fulanis alone who stand up for anyone percieved to be an opponent of GEJ.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by AnotherOkija: 8:42am On May 25, 2012
Mr. Ken Nnamani!!! Mr. Ken Nnamani!!!!! Mr. Ken Nnamani!!!!!!!!!!!! How does this ;

Buhari (Leader and Financier of Boko Haram/Cattlefucker):
“If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and the baboon would all be soaked in blood.’’

Mean calling for a free and fair election?!

Buhari rigged and lost.. If we put the rigging aside, Jonathan won the election hands down... The Cattlefucker did not even campaign in the East or South-South at all.. And after sniffing glue, and molesting cows, he still thought he would win!! This fhucker needs to be shot in the head!!

And Ken, do not align yourself with terrorists.. Ndi Igbo are watching you!! You have started giving off the vibes we got from Late Chuba Okadigbo!! You have been warned..
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by mufc009(m): 8:43am On May 25, 2012
I always believe we still have some sensible leader in Nigeria.. Thumb up Mr Ken
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by olyivy(f): 8:48am On May 25, 2012
Apesin001: nice talk by Nnamani. Tell mr Gej that 2015 election should be free and fair.
Hope you also read the part where he said he believed the Government is very focused and working hard to solve some of our problems.

I quite agree with him. People who want GEJ to focus on chasing bombers and corrupt politicians around were dissapointed and thats why they stepped up their bombing campaign.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Demdem(m): 8:49am On May 25, 2012
Ken is an example of a wise man.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Nobody: 8:52am On May 25, 2012
Ken is a stoopid man. He's trying to pally up with buhari so igbo's can have a chance in 2015. It will never happen. Igbo will never rule nigeria. Infact they should all go to hell.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Nobody: 8:56am On May 25, 2012
if only ebere can surround himself with people like nnamani as advisers,he would save us the trouble of all the diarhea utterances that come out of aso rock these days!
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by mufc009(m): 8:57am On May 25, 2012
Say it loud in Otueke, proclaim it in Abuja; If PDP dare rig in 2015 they have murdered sleep and they will not sleep
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by mufc009(m): 8:59am On May 25, 2012
Igbo_hater: Ken is a stoopid man. He's trying to pally up with buhari so igbo's can have a chance in 2015. It will never happen. Igbo will never rule nigeria. Infact they should all go to hell.
You are talking with your ass
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by megxo(m): 9:00am On May 25, 2012
[b][/b]
Igbo_hater: Ken is a stoopid man. He's trying to pally up with buhari so igbo's can have a chance in 2015. It will never happen. Igbo will never rule nigeria. Infact they should all go to hell.
does it always av 2 go Tribalistic shocked, smh 4 u
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by megxo(m): 9:01am On May 25, 2012
mufc009:
You are talking with your ass
he's definatly full of shit, he shud shut his mouth n let his ass talk
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Jakumo(m): 9:02am On May 25, 2012
Another Okija:

Buhari rigged and lost.. If we put the rigging aside, Jonathan won the election hands down... The Cattlefucker did not even campaign in the East or South-South at all.. And after sniffing glue, and molesting cows, he still thought he would win!! This fhucker needs to be shot in the head!!

And Ken, do not align yourself with terrorists.. Ndi Igbo are watching you!! You have started giving off the vibes we got from Late Chuba Okadigbo!! You have been warned..

The Oracle has spoken. Boko Haram terror bombing campaign organizer Ayatolah Buhari Bin-Laden is in pain, and should be put out of his misery by a Good Samaritan Drone sent courtesy of Uncle Sam, as a favor to mankind.

Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by lafuria1(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2012
Buhari spoke in hausa and not in english. U choose to interpret wat he said base on wat suit u. It has been explained wat buhari meant but ofcourse hatred for buhari won't allow pple to accept it.
Ken speaking in defence of buhari means he wants to align with him eh? Do u think is everybody dat is blinded dat is blinded by hatred or sentiments towards buhari? No. Free urseleves from unnecessary high b.p becos an igbo man said simtin different
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by chuks49(m): 9:13am On May 25, 2012
What has free and fair election got to do with "Dogs and Baboons soaked in blood". This son of satan is preparing his supporters for another round of blood letting come 2015 because it appears that the blood of innocent corps members killed in the post 2011 general election wasn't enough for them.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Ogamgil(f): 9:19am On May 25, 2012
Hav u noticed how slim GEJ is getn. Saw him on tv and culd hardly recognize him.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by olyivy(f): 9:21am On May 25, 2012
Jakumo:

The Oracle has spoken. Boko Haram terror bombing campaign organizer Ayatolah Buhari Bin-Laden is in pain, and should be put out of his misery by a Good Samaritan Drone sent courtesy of Uncle Sam, as a favor to mankind.
I love this guy

grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Jakumo(m): 9:31am On May 25, 2012
Ogamgil: Hav u noticed how slim GEJ is getn. Saw him on tv and culd hardly recognize him.

Johny B. Goode has been pumping iron and sparring full-contact with fellow karate experts, in preparation for attacks by Enemies of Frogress.

For a resonable fee, I can set you up on a blind date with our fighting-fit El Presidente, Ogamgil, assuming of course that you are a female with the right credentials.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by doctokwus: 9:38am On May 25, 2012
Ken Nnamani is a relatively rare nigerian politician,given d horde of "rogues& rascals" dat populate d 1999-date class.U will always see objectivity,honesty& refinement in his statements;is it any wonder d man has bn out of any political office since he left d senate presidency?Its either he cannot stand dis breed or dey cannot stand his uprightness.I just hope he kps to his dignified path.Despite what pple wud mke Buhari look like,dis man dies everyday wen he sees d rot dis nation is& how easily he can turn things around,his fervent call for free/fair elections does not mean its so only if he wins,but wen u av consistently bn rigged out by d political class& d judiciary in sometimes evn glaring ways,u unconsciously voice out ur innermost frustration& it may come out harshly.Buhari means dis country well,far betta dan d PDP& evn other opposition party members can ever do.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by killuminati(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2012
shocked
Another Okija: Mr. Ken Nnamani!!! Mr. Ken Nnamani!!!!! Mr. Ken Nnamani!!!!!!!!!!!! How does this ;

guy your papa dey mad Ooo! shocked
Another Okija: Mr. Ken Nnamani!!! Mr. Ken Nnamani!!!!! Mr. Ken Nnamani!!!!!!!!!!!! How does this ;

guy your papa dey mad Oooo
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by killuminati(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2012
la furia: Buhari spoke in hausa and not in english. U choose to interpret wat he said base on wat suit u. It has been explained wat buhari meant but ofcourse hatred for buhari won't allow pple to accept it.
Ken speaking in defence of buhari means he wants to align with him eh? Do u think is everybody dat is blinded dat is blinded by hatred or sentiments towards buhari? No. Free urseleves from unnecessary high b.p becos an igbo man said simtin different
mumu+juju dey worry you tongue
la furia: Buhari spoke in hausa and not in english. U choose to interpret wat he said base on wat suit u. It has been explained wat buhari meant but ofcourse hatred for buhari won't allow pple to accept it.
mumu+juju dey worry you
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by pdpiperpippen: 9:49am On May 25, 2012
Nnamani your brain is stuffed with bull sh*t, rmbr you are a product of incest btw siblings frm the same parents, I'm not surprised at you said this.
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by kusugh: 9:50am On May 25, 2012

who is this toddler?look if intellectuals are contributing to a sensitive issue,i dont like kids playin around.Go buy a biscuit for urself.(stretch 2 hand him 20 naira.)
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Nobody: 10:26am On May 25, 2012
y'all bigots can twist buhari's word to mean free and fair but i will never b fooled..maybe when next he says gej must die,some fools will change it to ''i love u gej''...mtcheeeeewwww....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Detongue: 10:44am On May 25, 2012
Ken Nnamani is a typical igbo man
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by malc619(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2012
Detongue: Ken Nnamani is a typical igbo man

Because he refused to follow a blind crowd......

He said based on his understanding of the statement credited to Buhari, the former head of state was not boisterous in his comment. The former senate president urged well-meaning Nigerians not to take undue advantage of developments to create tension in the country, saying opinions such as Buhari’s should be taken objectively.

“The way I understood him I don’t think he was being too boisterous because our people responded to that in a way that seemed like he was calling for blood to flow; I didn’t understand him that way.

“The way I understood the statement is that if it’s not free and fair it might spell doom for the country, is a kind of prediction but he’s not calling for blood.

“I didn’t understand him as calling for blood am not his spokesman by any means, but am only trying to interpret it the way I understood that statement and it is important for us to shoot for free and fair election.”

Does he have to agree with GEJ's interpretation? The question any intelligent person should be asking is: What is the meaning of the Expression Buhari used? Not the word-for-word interpretation that GEJ's people want to make us believe, but what the expression connotes.

Thanks Sir Ken for standing for the truth, EVEN IF YOUR STAND IS UNPOPULAR
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Nobody: 10:57am On May 25, 2012
pd piper pippen: Nnamani your brain is stuffed with bull sh*t, rmbr you are a product of incest btw siblings frm the same parents, I'm not surprised at you said this.

some of the characters i see on nairaland makes me question the intergrity of our educational system!
Re: Buhari Only Called For Free Fair Elections, Not Bloodshed – Nnamani by Silva79(f): 11:01am On May 25, 2012
Truly buhari spoke in hausa and according to d interpretation by mustapha muhammed of RAYPOWER FM,There was nowhere he mentioned dogs and baboon would b soaked in blood. Gbam!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Ayogu Eze Paid A Condolence Visit To The Family Of Ngwoke / Ondo Records Fastest IGR Growth As Nigerian States Generate N1.1tn In 2018 / You Can Accuse Osinbajo Of Anything But Not Corruption - By Fredrick Nwabufo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.