Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project (14038 Views)

Rufai Oseni's 8 Questions About The Coastal Road Project. / LASG Meets With Entertainment Captains Over Noise Pollution At Christmastime. / LASG Meets With Stakeholders On Reconstruction Of Adeniji-Adele Road, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project by udomonday: 9:52pm On Apr 07
SmartPolician:
Can someone tell me why this project is more critical than investing that money in the almost-dead power sector? A country of 220 million is generating less than 5k megawatts of power in 2024. Instead of investing massively in power generation across the country, FG would rather splash #1.06 trillion (almost the entire budget of the FCT) on a road project where there's an existing road connecting the same route.

Many companies and businesses close shop because we have epileptic power supply, yet no government declares a national power emergency! Is it that we don't understand priorities in this country or there is a value this project will deliver that I don't see?
I really do not understand the importance of this project,a whole lot of peoples livelihood and huge investment s will be destroyed,the existing road infrastructure in the county they have not been able to maintain them,yet they want to destroy people's businesses to build another road that they might not even be able to complete,they are so quick to destroy and start projects without finishing them,look at eko Atlantic that was started by the same tinubu,after many years it is still a ghost town,instead of using the money to build infrastructure that can solve the immediate problems of this county ,they are planning white elephant projects.
Re: LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project by Believeintruth: 9:53pm On Apr 07
tollyboy5:

Keep jealousy attitude lol.
Lagos is taking the responsibility lazy governor to cater for mass production,migration.
Alot or extra pressure on the available infrastructure in Lagos state.
When other state decide to fund 30% of federal government road in their state from their personal purse like Lagos has been doing then come back for this discussion.
Federal Government are yet and I don't even think prepared to refund Lagos state for most federal road repaired by the state.

I'm very sure your state governor is still waiting for federal government to build federal road just like our close neighbor Ogun state is waiting lol.

The tragic thing about you people criticising this amazing project is that you live in Lagos but your heart is not with Lagos.
Your heart is with your home state so put pressure on state governor.

We Epe natives/people have paid our dues and thats what's important to us.

You don't have sense. You think this is a missing contest the road for the first phase ends at the LFTZ it doesn't even reach Epe. You are here saying rubbish. People like you need to be flogged to have sense.
Re: LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project by tollyboy5(m): 9:56pm On Apr 07
Believeintruth:

You don't have sense. You think this is a missing contest the road for the first phase ends at the LFTZ it doesn't even reach Epe. You are here saying rubbish. People like you need to be flogged to have sense.
Are you trying to teach me about Lagos state?
Eredo, Epe, Ibeju, Eti-osa are under Epe division.
Project is classified by division here not by local government.
Re: LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project by tollyboy5(m): 10:00pm On Apr 07
udomonday:
I really do not understand the importance of this project,a whole lot of peoples livelihood and huge investment s will be destroyed,the existing road infrastructure in the county they have not been able to maintain them,yet they want to destroy people's businesses to build another road that they might not even be able to complete,they are so quick to destroy and start projects without finishing them,look at eko Atlantic that was started by the same tinubu,after many years it is still a ghost town,instead of using the money to build infrastructure that can solve the immediate problems of this county ,they are planning white elephant projects.
The major investment at risk along that line is the landmark beach resort of which some certain kilometers has been rerouted to protect his business.
The natives whose property are along that axis are not complaining
Re: LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project by udomonday: 10:09pm On Apr 07
tollyboy5:

The major investment at risk along that line is the landmark beach resort of which some certain kilometers has been rerouted to protect his business.
The natives whose property are along that axis are not complaining
I really do hope they protect his business,because that young man has really sunk in some huge money into developing the place.
Re: LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project by Believeintruth: 10:14pm On Apr 07
tollyboy5:

Are you trying to teach me about Lagos state?
Eredo, Epe, Ibeju, Eti-osa are under Epe division.
Project is classified by division here not by local government.

You are really smoking dried cow dung. You have change from Epe town it is now Epe division Ibeju Lekki where Dangote refinery and LFTZ form part of Ibeju Lekki LGA now all of a sudden it is Epe division. Bros stop smoking that rubbish.
Re: LASG Meets Community Over Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road Project by tollyboy5(m): 11:48pm On Apr 07
Believeintruth:

You are really smoking dried cow dung. You have change from Epe town it is now Epe division Ibeju Lekki where Dangote refinery and LFTZ form part of Ibeju Lekki LGA now all of a sudden it is Epe division. Bros stop smoking that rubbish.
Epe division, Epe village, Epe town, Epe anything. How we see ourselves is not your business. You should exercise those energy on your village and leave us alone.
Last time i checked you have zero importance in whatsoever is going on in Epe axis.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Settle Patience, Turai Land Case Out Of Court / Nigerias Democratic Moments (in Pictures) / Please What Is Power Situation In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.