Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? (4286 Views)

If Yorubas Can Do This In Lagos, Why Can't Igbos Do It In Imo State? / So Why Can't Igbos Vote Whoever They Chose In Lagos? / Why Can't Igbos And Yorubas Unite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by adamusuleiman1: 2:27am On Apr 07
RisenObinna:

See bah, Na you Sabi wetin you dey talk about Anambra hating Ebonyi.

Even if it's true, it's a family issue. It's not your concern and the truth is all you presumably think you intelligently and knowledgeably listed as the reasons Umahi can't be supported are lies and false assumptions.

Rest Oga
LMAO. If?

Even Umahi himself complained about the discrimination.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by RisenObinna: 2:40am On Apr 07
adamusuleiman1:

LMAO. If?

Even Umahi himself complained about the discrimination.
His problem. I am from Ebonyi. And, an Anambrian is married to us who changed her surname to ours. Haven't seen any hatred from the family nor from her and it's been 7 years and on the count, so it's his problem, not mine.

I do business in Anambra too and and I haven't felt this hatred you all talk about online. Na Umahi sabi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Ofunaofu: 4:00am On Apr 07
BondRiv:
Una don start. That was how one "saint" was projected.

This was also how Una Project a notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture as a blueprint builder. He has successfully turned the entire country into a huge IDP camp.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 4:02am On Apr 07
Slytiger:
Umahi said your people (Ibo delegates) sold their votes.

Umahi was only able to garner 38 votes in the APC Presidential primary which saw Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former Lagos governor, declared winner, after securing 1,271 votes.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/12/2023-it-is-a-shame-that-igbo-leaders-delegates-sold-our-votes-umahi/
Lmao so na only Igbo delegates for make am win?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by papyjaypaul: 4:42am On Apr 07
flokii:
They wouldn't want to support him because:.

3. Interests.. the foot soldiers of Obi like Kenneth Okonkwo, Joe Igbokwe et al. are after appointments in Abuja thinking he would win, most of them got their permutations wrong and now they are nowhere near power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luR2ivKaHKs
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by wediehere1: 5:00am On Apr 07
Penguin2:

Go and check Anambra’s balance sheet and see how much dividends they get from the factory at the end of every financial year.

Meanwhile, Umahi is our second choice after Peter Obi because he has maintained some level of decorum and maturity in rolling with the APC unlike the letter writing fool in Anambra who thinks he is wiser than every Igbo man alive.
the same investment that worth next to nothing as declared by the sitting Governor?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by grandstar(m): 7:15am On Apr 07
CodeTemplar:
How much has the airport generated ?

Most of these airports governors are building are white elephant projects. The demand isn't there to justify them.

I wonder if they have any good advisors.

Edit

I replied you by mistake. I didn't check the username

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Mercury12(m): 7:17am On Apr 07
RisenObinna:

See bah, Na you Sabi wetin you dey talk about Anambra hating Ebonyi.

Even if it's true, it's a family issue. It's not your concern and the truth is all you presumably think you intelligently and knowledgeably listed as the reasons Umahi can't be supported are lies and false assumptions.

Rest Oga

The truth hurts and you don't want it said huh😂 the truth is the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by 49cents(m): 7:18am On Apr 07
flokii:
They wouldn't want to support him because:

1. He is from Ebonyi and Anambra Igbos especially don't regard the people from Ebonyi as true Igbos.

2. He is a member of amala and ewedu party according to mu.mu Obi followers. If he likes, let him turn South East to Dubai, they'll still treat him with disdain.

3. Interests.. the foot soldiers of Obi like Kenneth Okonkwo, Joe Igbokwe et al. are after appointments in Abuja thinking he would win, most of them got their permutations wrong and now they are nowhere near power.

So awarding contracts is now a sign of leadership..any one can actually do this really.

The indicators should be what systems na institutions did Umahi put in place to boost education, food securtiy, health care delivery and entreprenuership...these are markers but because politicans know how small minded the masses are they just focus on the visinle projects like flynover and airports just like Wike's formula..

You see all those boys you see hawking phone chargers and accessories or selling lacasera and gala...they are all from Ebonyi state...was there ever a plan by this man to get them out of the streets?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Putinofrussia: 7:23am On Apr 07
Otamendi99:

Our is who. I will pick Umahi 10x over Obi. Umahi beats him in everything.
I am also surprised why some people will pick Obi over Umahi.

Obi was a total failure in Anambra.
His scorecard is there for everybody to see.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by donbrowser(m): 8:03am On Apr 07
Putinofrussia:

If you want to be more shocked. Do an anonymous poll between Umahi and Ikpeazu. You will be more shocked with the result.

Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by UcheKingsley1: 8:45am On Apr 07
donbrowser:
This is the question I ask myself everytime.

24 flyovers
1 airport
1 stadium

In just 8 years!

You support am first to fvck your wife. grin
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Penguin2: 9:26am On Apr 07
RisenObinna:

You mean the talkative Soludo that thinks himself higher above every one in Igbo land while he builds white elephant and substandard structures in Anambra?

He's nothing less of the tribalistic Wole Soyinka who has being in hiding all the while the failure Tinubu has been rolling out his anti-people policies but will crawl out of his hypocritical hole once he sees an anti-Igbo news or event to show his foolery and hypocritical self.

I can’t wait to see Ndi Anambra reply Soludo’s letter in the next Anambra guber election.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Penguin2: 9:29am On Apr 07
SmartPolician:

Guy, watch this video and be informed. That investment didn't do much for Anambra State.

Obiano was a terrible governor; he should have sold the shares when they were still high.
Thank you for acknowledging that it was Obiano’s fault.

Because Obi was not being malicious when he made investments he thought would favor Anambra. What if those shares had performed well? Who would have enjoyed it? Obi or Anambra govt?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by dawnomike(m): 11:25am On Apr 07
donbrowser:

24 flyovers
1 airport
1 stadium

In just 8 years!
He did not contest
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Tohmey(m): 11:34am On Apr 07
donbrowser:

24 flyovers
1 airport
1 stadium

In just 8 years!
That saboteur
Tueh!
Biafra or nothing
We are not after any presidency
We need Federal Republic of Biafra
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Tohmey(m): 11:35am On Apr 07
donbrowser:

24 flyovers
1 airport
1 stadium

In just 8 years!
DAVE UMAHI
&
PETER OBI
should go one side with there presidency
We need Biafra only
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by abbasajao(m): 12:33pm On Apr 07
Penguin2:

Go and check Anambra’s balance sheet and see how much dividends they get from the factory at the end of every financial year.

Meanwhile, Umahi is our second choice after Peter Obi because he has maintained some level of decorum and maturity in rolling with the APC unlike the letter writing fool in Anambra who thinks he is wiser than every Igbo man alive.
The state investment in his burukutu company is next to nothing now.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by richie240: 1:05pm On Apr 07
Under which party biko?
I hope it's not what I'm thinking o, bcus ndigbos don't roll with 'almajiri/amala-ewedu' party o.
cool

Penguin2:

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by lordofreal(m): 1:11pm On Apr 07
Igbo are not going to support anyone to come and fix Nigeria problem but someone that can push their agendas.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by richie240: 2:08pm On Apr 07
You and I both know why a poor performing Nwafor Peter obi will be preferred a million times before a sterling *** David Umahi.

If u don't know, ask around!
cool
Putinofrussia:

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by 9japride(m): 2:31pm On Apr 07
donbrowser:

24 flyovers
1 airport
1 stadium

In just 8 years!
[color=#006600][/color]

Why don't you give him APC presidential ticket, since you all love him so much.
You guys are looking for whom to control and someone that will play according to your games.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Slytiger: 2:33pm On Apr 07
mrvitalis:

Lmao so na only Igbo delegates for make am win?
The key point of that post flew over your head. Atleast let his own people vote for him first before you accuse others of not voting for him.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Slytiger: 2:34pm On Apr 07
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You guys are looking for whom to control and someone that will play according to your games.
APC and PDP are not foolish like LP party. They practice true democracy within their ranks and don't dash tickets or worship a consensus candidate.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by 9japride(m): 2:39pm On Apr 07
Slytiger:

APC and PDP are not foolish like LP party. They practice true democracy within their ranks and don't dash tickets or worship a consensus candidate.
[color=#006600][/color]

The truth is that he will play according to your games that's why you all love him so much. Same with Imo state governor.
Nigeria needs someone who is ready to work and not anyone who is vindictive and too political to do the right things.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Slytiger: 2:41pm On Apr 07
Putinofrussia:

You are suprised. I thought you knew them. They have some funny bias towards people from Ebonyi.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 2:46pm On Apr 07
Slytiger:

The key point of that post flew over your head. Atleast let his own people vote for him first before you accuse others of not voting for him.

Igbos shou rally around him so you can call him ipob candidate?
He got 38 votes from South East how many delegates did you expect him to get?
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Slytiger: 2:53pm On Apr 07
mrvitalis:

Igbos shou rally around him so you can call him ipob candidate?
He got 38 votes from South East how many delegates did you expect him to get?

Atleast let ibos rally around him first. Show us the proof that the 38 were Ibo 😂

You are also making shit up. The reason why Peter Obi is called IPOb candidate is because of his frolicking around IPOB. Peter Obi said they are not terrorists and that he lives, wines and dines with them.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by Slytiger: 2:55pm On Apr 07
richie240:
You and I both know why a poor performing Nwafor Peter obi will be preferred a million times before a sterling *** David Umahi.

If u don't know, ask around!
cool
You gerrit.
Abakeleke tag is strong.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by donbrowser(m): 3:06pm On Apr 07
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

He's not a coward that will run to a party that he won't contest primary. When the time is right, he will contest, it's left to his kinsmen to support him.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by WeddingParol: 3:09pm On Apr 07
Because the guy is from Ebonyi as they are always stigmatised by other igbos particularly the Anambra and Imo people.

Enugu people remains the best igbos ever.

Argue with your phone if you like.
Re: Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? by nabiz(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07
CodeTemplar:
How much has the airport generated ?
hypocrite why didn't epc support hi. During primary

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Pledges N500bn To Boost Economy Of S-east / Jonathan Sweeps S-West, Gets 80% Lagos Vote / Contradictions In The Al-mustapha Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.