Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Nwifuru, Anyim, Egwu, Umahi, Elechi Unite - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nwifuru, Anyim, Egwu, Umahi, Elechi Unite (93 Views)

Wike, Diri, Udom, Umahi Attends Governor Ikpeazu's Son Marriage In Umuahia(pics) / Why Are Some Families So Divided And What Can I Do To Unite Mine? / Please Help Unite A Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nwifuru, Anyim, Egwu, Umahi, Elechi Unite by Benwallt(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06
Leaders of Ebonyi State, including Governor Francis Nwifuru, former Senate President, Anyim Pius Anyim, former Governors, Senator Sam Egwu, Senator David Umahi, and Chief Martin Elechi, have united.

The leaders have not been together following their political differences and have not been attending public functions until yesterday, when all of them attended the 83rd birthday celebration of Elechi in Abakaliki, the state capital.

The event was organised by the state government.

The leaders came together into the Christian Ecumenical Centre, venue of the event. It was the first of such incident in the state for some years now.

Anyim was the chairman of the event. He described Elechi as a foremost, resilient and uncompromising founding father of the state, who fought for the unity the state was enjoying.

“It is true that Chief Elechi was the Governor of Ebonyi State, but I tell you, that was just a calling to fill a vacuum which he accepted in his usual willingness to make the utmost sacrifice for Ebonyi people,” he said.

Former governor of the state and former Minister of Education, Senator Sam Egwu noted that Elechi displayed exemplary leadership as the Governor of the state and made enormous contributions to its development.

“Your dedication and tireless efforts in spearheading the struggle for the creation of the state has left an indelible mark on the history of our beloved state. Your resilience in the struggle for the creation of Ebonyi State served as an inspiration to countless individuals, myself included.

“At the end of my tenure as the first democratically elected governor of the state, I felt naturally happy to transmit the administration of the new state to you who spearheaded the struggle for the state creation.

“As a governor, you demonstrated exemplary leadership and made significant contributions to the development of our state.”

On his part, Elechi’s successor and Minister of Works, Sen David Umahi, described him as an experienced administrator, who taught him administration in governance.

In his speech, Governor Nwifuru said the state had every reason to celebrate Elechi.

He commended the former Governor for his leadership style and his contributions to the development of the state.

He described Elechi as one of the most respected elders in the state, Igbo land and the nation in general.

“Chief Elechi, no doubt, remains one of our respected elder statesmen in Ebonyi State, who continues to offer rare insights and counsel on how best to organise our state, with the benefits of hindsight, for effective governance.

“I have benefited immensely from Elechi’s knowledge and perspectives on a wide range of issues as they affect our state. As an astute politician, he has been part of every political epoch in our state.

“Beyond his sagely contributions to our development and political evolution over the decades, the most enduring aspect of his enviable life is his forthrightness, integrity, reliability and spartan life.

“Those who witnessed the tenure of Chief Elechi as the Governor can attest to the fact that he deploys tact, deft, probity, accountability, respect for the rule of law and respect for the state civil service.

“As a former Governor of Ebonyi State, he dutifully served the people with tremendous success from 2007 to 2015. Industrial laxity, disregard for due process and ethical breaches were all history during his time as the governor. He doggedly institutionalised punctuality and discipline in the workplace.

“As a committed democrat, die-hard progressive, and prudent yet compassionate leader of men, Chief Elechi has done much for this state and the progressive family,” he stated.

Elechi, in his remarks, lauded Governor Nwifuru for organising the event in his honour, describing it as the best gift to him.

He opined that the Governor has opened a new chapter in governance and assured of his continued support to his administration.

He commended Ebonyi leaders for the unity among them.

https://sunnewsonline.com/nwifuru-anyim-egwu-umahi-elechi-unite/?amp
Re: Nwifuru, Anyim, Egwu, Umahi, Elechi Unite by Benwallt(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06
Ebonyi is APC top to bottom

(1) (Reply)

Are You Searching For A Self Contain Shared Apartment In Abuja / Hardwork Pays. / Make 5k Daily Selling Cheap Affordable Data And Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.