Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,074 members, 7,814,720 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees (19183 Views)

NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fee At Gate / 6,000 Illegal Miners Flood Osun From Mali / Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by amosnaira: 6:14pm On Apr 07
Look at politics in Nigeria.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by AareGaa: 6:16pm On Apr 07
Armaggedon:
Suddenly customs have become helpless because they want to play politics. It is a well known fact warri people frustrate business in their place with their entitlement mentality just like in Lagos. Customs should kindly extend the kind of determination that made Lagos port a monopoly to warri, even though I think Igbo importers prefer Onne port to Lagos and warri.

Leave Lagos out of this.

You and your blodas are always envious of Lagos since your Mkpurumini region is a barren land

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Gboom: 6:18pm On Apr 07
honeyB2018:

The Warri guys, will never learn. It will hit them hard soonest. I have lived and work in that port for sometimes, the attitude of the youths in that place is too bad. Give them jobs, they won't work, only to claim ownership mentality.
Warri used to be the hub of business before,but their ownership mentality has driven lots of investors out of the place. NPA quarters is now gone, no serious business is going there. Shops there are empty.
They will soon regret, just like what happened, when the oil companies left the area in droves.
Where are their leaders and state actors to curtail this pull-down syndrome of these lazy youths?
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Cargome(f): 6:22pm On Apr 07
Starz825:
I could remember I red an article one time on here Abt how delta used to be Nigeria's biggest business hub before Lagos ....but the deltans ruined it as they were too high-handed and corrupt.

Who else did?
I read that as well!

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Leo34rf(f): 6:24pm On Apr 07
honeyB2018:

The Warri guys, will never learn. It will hit them hard soonest. I have lived and work in that port for sometimes, the attitude of the youths in that place is too bad. Give them jobs, they won't work, only to claim ownership mentality.
Warri used to be the hub of business before,but their ownership mentality has driven lots of investors out of the place. NPA quarters is now gone, no serious business is going there. Shops there are empty.
They will soon regret, just like what happened, when the oil companies left the area in droves.

Did you ever think maybe they just want you guys gone? As in, they don't like you?
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Thinktwicemybro: 6:25pm On Apr 07
deeway200:
South South should have been the most developed region if not for corruption. Even their activists are highly corrupt
And their chiefs too are all corrupt

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Leo34rf(f): 6:25pm On Apr 07
hotseat:
When a crime continues to take place openly while the appropriate authorities turn a blind eye, just know it's a syndicated affair with the tacit approval of some people high up there.

The SS has continued to draw the attention of the FG of the need of reviving the Warri ports and others in the region.

Now that activities are beginning to pick up gradually, lo and behold, here comes touts and criminals disguising as so-called indigenes.

This "indigene" is not even from the area, in the first place!

The authorities must sanitize activities at the Warri Ports if it won't go comatose once again.

@hotseat

Una dey complain about 4000, your brothers in Lagos charge each truck 87,000 naira. Una propaganda will die a natural death.

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by nedekid: 6:26pm On Apr 07
This is the bane of doing business in naija, so called indigenes now extort and creating problems. I drove the other day to shimawa. I was made to understand a there was attempts to fix the road, but the work stopped because the indegines demanded huge sum of money to enable the work be completed. I passed the then GSM vallage at Ikeja, oshodi road, a once booming market. The place looks deserted. I remember going there back then and touts bothering me to pay between 500-1k, even though I just drove in waited in the car for 2 for something to be brought to me. The question is as the place has closed down, who are they now extorting money from?
At akowonjo roundabout at night, you see young men with sticks stopping and harassing trunks, trailers etc every day, hitting and breaking their side mirrors.
All over the country, same wahala. How will this help business for God's sake.

2 Likes

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Leo34rf(f): 6:27pm On Apr 07
AareGaa:

Leave Lagos out of this.

You and your blodas are always envious of Lagos since your Mkpurumini region is a barren land

Lagos touts and Agberos charge 87,000 yet your brothers open thread on top 4,000. No be witchcraft una dey practice so?

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Leo34rf(f): 6:31pm On Apr 07
ogascomax:
They have started with all these rubbish talk again. If you search well you will see that Lagos even pays more.

Lagos own is 87,000 and above. Seems their propaganda is against Delta indigenes, probably Urhobo and Ijaw. Why so will be revealed very soon. Nature should tear their nyash wide open.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by TLE900: 6:32pm On Apr 07
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by phemray(m): 6:34pm On Apr 07
SensualMan:
It's perfectly in order. The indigenes gas to raise revenue for the communities.
The CORNmaster increased the price of petrol, LNG, electricity to raise revenue for his pocket so what these people are doing is in order to balance the equation.

The only people feeling the heat are the CORNtree people who stood on the mandate, they are gnashing their teeths in pain, screaming g Ebi n pawa every now and then.
Stupeed CORNtree people.

Now nigerians are supporting evil in some area but quick to shut agbero down in other areas. For what I know, that Port can never work cos no investment will stay there. Even Lagos agbero are well organized and never disturbed anyone in the port. They will ensure they protect you to start your investment and making progress before they come to talk with you. I was shocked when they requested for 3M b4 we installed cargo scanner last time at onne while no one ask for a kobo in Apapa and Tincan. That was how Dangote refinery was sent packing about 10years ago with heavy community matching ground money. Now it Landed in Lagos, who is loosing?. Anyway, they should continue.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by ReubenE(m): 6:36pm On Apr 07
Starz825:
I could remember I red an article one time on here Abt how delta used to be Nigeria's biggest business hub before Lagos ....but the deltans ruined it as they were too high-handed and corrupt.

Who else did?
Yes, Delta was especially Warri.

Warri has been reduced to a ghost town with only Keke driving and other menial activities

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by CorrectionFLuid: 6:36pm On Apr 07
abc115:
Devee

Not only the Port....all businesses and companies have been killed with illegal levies.. similar thing happening in Onitsha . If you go to Onitsha market... you will be taxed to death by hoodlums at multiple points for buying ordinary goods in the market

Which market ?
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Kakamorufu(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07
ecolime:
This was the same way they chased all the oil companies head offices to Rivers and Lagos.

Warri don turn ghost town finish and dem still never learn.

Issokay
They no wan learn at all. The elders too are just looking. Such a shame

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by israelmao(m): 6:39pm On Apr 07
The helplessness of NPA simply means collusion.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by jaszplus12(m): 6:40pm On Apr 07
deeway200:
South South should have been the most developed region if not for corruption. Even their activists are highly corrupt
The real definition of every man for himself!
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by jaszplus12(m): 6:41pm On Apr 07
Kakamorufu:
They no wan learn at all. The elders too are just looking. Such a shame
Mostly they're elders by age, not in wisdom and authority....it's a big shame

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Kakamorufu(m): 6:42pm On Apr 07
jaszplus12:

Mostly they're elders by age, not in wisdom and authority....it's a big shame
Exactly

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by blancsn1: 6:44pm On Apr 07
From your foolish comment one can clearly deduce you are Igbo I won't say more than that on that but in reference to the Levies by the community note that no community dare try such in Lagos.

Also not that Lagos does not earn a single dime from the port juxtapose that with how the Lagos state government keep dedicating manpower n resources to tame the ever present traffic in that axis even without earning a dime from port operation.

I will tell you why, Lagos understand failure to keep the port functioning will lead to impoverishing the community creating more joblessness nuisance Criminals n desititute that is what Delta state refuse to see when it is glaring to everyone. This will later lead to lose of economic activities for your like to start blaming Lagos that is rather proactive on such issues.

Armaggedon:
Suddenly customs have become helpless because they want to play politics. It is a well known fact warri people frustrate business in their place with their entitlement mentality just like in Lagos. Customs should kindly extend the kind of determination that made Lagos port a monopoly to warri, even though I think Igbo importers prefer Onne port to Lagos and warri.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Graficient: 6:47pm On Apr 07
Starz825:

Who else did?

Stop living a newspaper life. Na mumu dey believe newspaper lies
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by oluwaseyi0: 6:51pm On Apr 07
Dangrace01:
Omo
This car below didn't come through delta port but through lagos port. It's neatly used now and available for Sale. I prefer lagos port to be honest

How much
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Nigeriakan: 6:54pm On Apr 07
SensualMan:
It's perfectly in order. The indigenes gas to raise revenue for the communities.
The CORNmaster increased the price of petrol, LNG, electricity to raise revenue for his pocket so what these people are doing is in order to balance the equation.

The only people feeling the heat are the CORNtree people who stood on the mandate, they are gnashing their teeths in pain, screaming g Ebi n pawa every now and then.
Stupeed CORNtree people.

This was the same thing that sent oil companies away. Let them continue. When nobody uses the port again, they'll come to their senses.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by 1x2x3: 7:00pm On Apr 07
Hahahaha... If the govt wants it to work don't tell me agberos can stop them, it's impossible.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Nyanabo(m): 7:04pm On Apr 07
The port at warri is even cheaper. Come to port Harcourt port entering the gate you must pay the police at the gate 1k pay 1k to the customs at the second gate. Pay security men 1k at the 3rd gate ( the call it money for water)

After loading your cargo, you must pay same way you paid coming out. Outside the gate you would pay 14k to the community boys for whatever purpose I don't know.

Onto load a cargo at NPA port Harcourt you must spend at least 20k for each truck. I know this because our trucks carry fertilizer to auchi, and gympson to Ore.

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by hardon1(m): 7:07pm On Apr 07
TouchNfollow:

https://dailytrend.com.ng/2024/04/05/npa-helpless-as-warri-indigenes-kill-delta-ports-with-n4000-illegal-un-receipted-fee-collections-at-port-gates/

All these na story. The port is not functioning because the government doesn't want it to function.

It's has nothing to do with deve.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Keegan: 7:23pm On Apr 07
ecolime:
This was the same way they chased all the oil companies head offices to Rivers and Lagos.

Warri don turn ghost town finish and dem still never learn.

Issokay

Greed blinds people easily, and they will be thinking they are doing the right thing.

1 Like

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Keegan: 7:26pm On Apr 07
abc115:
Devee

Not only the Port....all businesses and companies have been killed with illegal levies.. similar thing happening in Onitsha . If you go to Onitsha market... you will be taxed to death by hoodlums at multiple points for buying ordinary goods in the market

And the werey from that God forsaken place will be complaining about Lagos all the time and not minding their home.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by Harddiskng(m): 7:31pm On Apr 07
That is Nigerians for you.

You enter into a community and tell them you want to repair or construct a road, the idiots would say you have to pay first. Imagine paying first before you can do something that would benefit that community.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by PROPEACE: 7:52pm On Apr 07
Starz825:

Who else did?
I did, I was even looking for that article some time back.
Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by SmartPolician: 7:57pm On Apr 07
People who complain about Omonile in Lagos would do worst things if they had the opportunities Lagos has. Nigérians were the worst humans God created.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NPA Helpless As Warri Indigenes Kill Delta Ports With N4,000 Illegal Fees by uuzba(m): 8:35pm On Apr 07
SmartPolician:
People who complain about Omonile in Lagos would do worst things if they had the opportunities Lagos has. Nigérians were the worst humans God created.
No not me.
You are the worst human ever created. YOU alone.!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: We Can’t Pay N24, 000 – NGF / Saraki Meets Emefiele, CBN Governor (photos) / Orji Uzor Kalu Should Be In Prison, Not FIFA – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.