Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin (3006 Views)

Wike Cheered By The Crowd As He Embarked On Road Inspection Tour (photos) / Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times / Boko-Haram Was Planning To Declare Their Own Country - Tukur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
PointB:

Your first post is actually idi.otic. When Boko Haram finishes targeting the so-called corrupt politicians in South, who did you think the will turn their guns on? Themselves? Or ordinary people?

People open their mouth here and there to wish for thing they don't understand upon themselves, and they think they make sense. Boko Haram should target corrupt politicians in the South indeed!

Well perhaps like you have been correctly told, they should start and end in your village. They are certainly not welcome in my part of the South.

Take your pills and stop posting like a woman in day 3 of her period.

I explicityly stated that innocent citizens are not their target. So if they could refine their target to only corrupt politician, then all will be well. If they target innocent people after they are "done" with these politicians, then obviously it is not well.

Do us all a favour and select "[size=18pt]f[/size]" as your gender, let us know the emotional femme we should avoid in this section.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by aljharem3: 12:09am On Nov 19, 2011
haka_nai:

^^^^Doubt if you have visited the ND.you think people like to arm and die?The ND waters are contaminated you could see the pollutants floating on the water.The last i watched pollution of the Ozone,ND in Nigeria after Russia was blasting hot from satellite images capture of gs flaring.It's a fact the ND is neglected even if they reacted negatively period.That apart we have alot of issues flying here and there unattended to until they also become Boko haram or MEND like before government go listen.

^^^^^Sad and condemnable but what can i say when security fails to serve and protect the people from danger.

^^^^Not a fair perspective of the current situation.The same type populace is held in both case by armed groups.The same political party wrangling caused the problem.The same kind of misconception kept the flames burning.Today as a Northerner i don't know what Boko haram wants and why they choose to victimize the innocent regardless.The media and some people want to make it look like they strictly target a particular people,i say you are wrong there target even in Damaturu caused significant Northern Muslim death.Since the sentiment is there people prefer to deny the Muslim mourns and assume it is pretending.Alot of FGN and state government staff,which when Identified did get gunned down regardless of faith.I can't find a place to define Boko haram struggle honestly.There demands are ridiculous and there actions unthinkable.

Hmmmm words, I see your point brother Na gode.

Thanks for the education especially the ND struggle bit. Really it is sad, i did not think of it from the people's point of view but from the politicians point of view. I guess sometimes we get so into politicics that we have turned a blind eye on the poor masses.

Thank I would definatly change my views on MEND.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Sometimes, I want to blame these northerners, but we have to come to the truth and shift the blame to the Govt.

Let's be honest, whoever complains and vilifies Boko haram will feel the burning end of the Bokoharam stick. So who would protect the Northern citizens if they speak against BH; will it be the govt?

The govt that is going in circles lead by a blind chicken? The Govt that cannot even protect itself?

Boko Haram is welcomed in the South when they get their priorities right. Innocent citizens are not their problem, corrupt politicians are. Boko Haram is urgently needed in the Nigerian society.

Northerners keep mute for same reason the Southerners cry out; the location of the BH and those being targeted.
You are either mentally ill, or you are just an evil person who wishes death to his whole community and wants the terrorists to rule. Do you actually think that Boko Haram ruling would make Nigeria a better place ? Have you listened to their messages lately (kill the non muslim, impose sharia law, ), these people you love so much are killing people who look very much like you in the north. And if you were to be in the north and came across them, then they would kill you. If your parents, siblings, wife or husband were to come across them then your familly would lose some members. I do not understand how you could praise people who very much want to kill you, your family and every one looking like you!  You belong to a mental health facility.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Take your pills and stop posting like a woman in day 3 of her period.

I explicityly stated that innocent citizens are not their target. So if they could refine their target to only corrupt politician, then all will be well. If they target innocent people after they are "done" with these politicians, then obviously it is not well.

Do us all a favour and select "[size=18pt]f[/size]" as your gender, let us know the emotional femme we should avoid in this section.
Well 97 percent of their victims are innocent civilians, so I hardly see where you get your claim of them not targeting civilians. In the Bombing of the church on christmass, I can't imagine how that was suppose to be a battle against federal forces !
alj_harem:

My brother ND struggle was not genuine at all.

If the people clapped for Boko haram for killing or assulting Police or military men in the north, it is perfectly understanable, In fact just 2 weeks ago in Maiduguri, 100 muslims were killed by soilder. This people were praying in the mosque before the soliders came and kill them the the attempt to fight Boko haram

The ND "struggle" was a struggle by some few cabals in the ND region ecspecially edwin clark to make an Ijaw majority aka South south man the President.

It was a well staged cause, and done according to plan. Lets ask ourselves this questions

1. How did the so called ND militant get those weapons ?

2. How did Boko haram get those weapons ?

Do you know that in the last election, the Sultan among other northern leaders suppoted GEJ for the presidency, I mean how did GEJ get 40% in Sokoto ?

to answer your question, you need to look at the previous administration and where militancy begun aka OBJ era.

MEND was created for power to remain in the South, just like OPC

Boko haram does not favour northern interest but only deceive the people we were clapping for them. Boko haram has killed more northern MEN than any single group before. It is all for political power but they have sweep up sentiments of US the people to support them as a form of anti-police force
What scares me is people like you who can't see the difference between terrorism and armed rebellion. MEND was not targeting civilians, and MEND was not asking people to throw away their liberties and embrace the faith of MEND. How many mosques did MEND bomb ? You have a problem of understanding reality.
haka_nai:

It beats me that some people are being bias here.The security in Nigeria in so many ways have failed to build a bond between them and the community.We are only loving them because they can frame you,accuse,violate your right and mess you up with no one to call for help.In a case where another force marches them alot of us just cheer openly or in our hearts.The news is also not clear.Is it that the people simply watched the incident and cheered or were viewing a different thing here, the football match
What ever the reasons, times without number in Nigeria people have supported or cheered where the security is victimized by an anti-government group or there fellow operatives.The people are not to blame.The British police have created a bond with the community so much they rely on the community as for information and sheer support.Can the police sermon the people for help and they respond?Last i witnessed the simple demonstration over the air-tel troubles in Abuja.when the police arrived one officer was upset and complaining bitterly that they had no order to engage the crowd violently for a hand full of peaceful protesters.Plain silly.
You can't even reason with a policeman or security operative on duty.They are like trained to victimize the innocent in Nigeria and let criminality prevail.Do you know before the Militancy they always enjoyed the floor of being untouchables.Its sad the table are turning and they now the people who they have denied sleep and support.Now they have a monster greater than them and they are playing,i am doing it for you.They better start by apologizing,orientation,PR and building a strong bond that will make people even vote a uniform man over boko haram or MEND.They must define and implement "the police is your friend" to the later.
@alj harem
You are definitely wrong to dispute or say the ND people didn't support the MEND militia.Dokubo and rest of them have come out categorically to spell it out they got funding and support from the communities.
Who were honestly deprived without doubt.My point is despite the reasons for there struggle it was obvious they had significant support and people praised,where they targeted security personnel.Especially does of the Northern extract.They helped them without doubt and saw it as a struggle to kill northern military personnel.I tell you this with facts from even the people that serve there.I have a brother that is in the military and serves in the ND.I have also being sent to work there and i have spoken with some of the security men about the environment.You don't know or have a clue.I still maintain the ND struggle is genuine and the likes of my brother only follow orders.They may not like being there but have no choice than to obey.

I can not believe how much ignorance is displayed around here, is my country Nigeria the home of the idiots ? The security people whose deaths you are justifying were killed while they were trying to bring security and protect civilians, you are taking everything out of context and saying because the security has done bad things in the past, now they deserve death. What a good message to the various Nigerians joining federal academies to save Nigerians and Nigeria. Do you believe that Nigerians are flying from abroad to serve their nation ? And you are calling them monsters ? The good thing with the security forces is that it can be reformes but how do you reform terrorists who are thirsty for Nigerian blood ?
ekt_bear:

Makes a lot of sense.
In that cace I wish your dad would die a horrible death and the same with your mother for making you.
Ileke-IdI:

You and what army can deal with them if they decide to come to your village?
undecided
Dont worry, I'll give you time to dig your grave before sending them to your village.
Actually the main reason Boko Haram doesn't come south is because it lives from popular support and it has non in the south except from mentally ill individuals like you. If they come south then I give them two days before the locals kill all of them.
oyb:

for the majority of nigerians, security agents (police, SSS, soldiers etal ) are little more than thuggish, swaggering bullies with guns - people who bash your car if you dont move out of their way fast enough, who shake you down for money, incarcerate you at will, slap you for not getting out of their way etc

it is even worse for teh poor, those who clearly 'no sabi pesin'

i wont really be surprised at the idea of people cheering when bullies receieve their comeuppance - even if it is from a differnt set of monsters.
Absolutly not, Just go and see how many people candidate to join the armed forces every year, it is one of the highest in the world. Nigerian soldiers are very well respected, the Nigerian officers are well educated and very professional. But in every army there is excess time to time, and that is why there is a police force, but our police being inefficient we need to reform it so that the army can go back to the barracks and to peace keeping missions where they belong.
dayokanu:

Just the way most SS ppl cheered and openly supported MEND and even bank rolled them

That includes the president Odechukwu Retardeen
you see ignorance is really dangerous in this world: the joint task force is a combination of army, navy, airforce , mobile police and (guess who ?) SSS. How do you expect SSS agents to be rejoicing when they are being killed. You are just plain st.upid.
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 26, 2012
from my experience when i was in maiduguri, people usually run for cover whenever boko haram attacks, because if u hang around for too long after such attacks until the police and military men arrive, they are definitely going to shoot you. this situation is same for yobe and other places.
the BBC and its likes repeatedly describe nigeria as "mainly muslim north and mainly christain south". now thesame BBC is the first to report nothern nigerian youths "cheering and clapping?" whilst boko haram attacked nigeria security forces,
how is it possible for innocent citizen to fearlessly stand clapping while BH throw bombs and engage security forces in gun battle
Re: Northerners Clapped & Cheered Whilst Watching Football & Boko haram was attackin by Jenifa1: 6:33am On Jan 26, 2012
this thread is stupidly misleading.

the people were clapping and cheering to a football match. not to boko haram.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk On Sale To Homosexuals: Secret Gay Lifestyle Of David Cameron Exposed / History: World War II In Photos (part 5): Conflict Spreads Around The Globe / Photos Of Buhari And His Team In A Jet As They Head To Kaduna For A Rally Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.