Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

He Has Interest In An Honest Doubter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Has Interest In An Honest Doubter (52 Views)

An Honest Question / An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds / "The Doubter's Prayer" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Has Interest In An Honest Doubter by Interesting15: 11:47am On Apr 07
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(7th April, 2024)*

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: He Has Interest In An Honest Doubter

‭‭‭
John 20:25 NKJV‬‬
[25] The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

*Message*

After Jesus was resurrected from death, His disciples witnessed some more splendid extraordinary signs and wonders that were beyond what they saw before that time. See John 20:24-28 -

*[24] Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. [25] The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.” [26] And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” [27] Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” [28] And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”*

Jesus walking through a closed door and suddenly appearing before them was pretty impressive quite right. But what was even more impressive was that He showed up to commune with a doubter like Thomas. Of course, being God, He knew the heart of men, as He wasn't even in the room 8 days earlier when Thomas doubted.

*It is possible that some of the brethren would have thought Thomas was no longer fit to be an Apostle and was possibly backsliding. But Jesus is amazing. He recognized an honest heart and a soul seeking genuine answers, and He came. If you still have some doubts about certain things, go to the Lord too, and He will come quickly to help give you illumination that will make you also exclaim, "My Lord and my God".*

*Prayers*
Lift up any doubt you still harbor in your heart to the Lord today in prayer.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭
‭‭
‭‭John 20:29 NKJV‬‬
[29] Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

Magical Remedies: Spells For Healing The Body / Practicing Successful Habits Daily (part 1) / Transform Your Self-image With This Powerful Spell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.