Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) (17341 Views)

Afolabi Mabogunje, Cyclist Dies After Being Stabbed By Armed Robbers / Onuh Makedomu: Policeman Arrested For Taking Bribe From A Motorist / FRSC Official Collects N10,000 Bribe From A Man, Forgets His IPhone 7 In His Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by officialwdhtv: 12:09pm On Apr 07
Lagos police command to sanction officers demanding bribe from a drone operator on Lekki-Ikoyi bridge, insists anyone to use a drone must obtain a permit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gju6-aQm-t0

The Lagos state police command has reacted to a viral video of two police officers demanding a drone permit from a drone operating individual on the Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge.

In the video, a man who was cycling could be seen being interrogated by some police officers. The officers asked the man for the permit he obtained before using the drone on the bridge. The cyclist said he had none and wondered when Nigerians needed a permit to fly a drone. The officers mentioned that he needed to obtain a permit from Lekki Concession Company LCC or the police. After delaying him for over an hour, the officers were caught on camera asking for bribe.

In a statement released, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said the police officers acted within the ambit of the law to demand to see a permit.

‘’For emphasis, Nigerian aviation laws stipulate that a permit must be obtained from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) for the operation of drones weighing more than 250 grams anywhere within the country.’’ Hundeyin said

He added that nonetheless, the Lagos State Police Command totally condemns the unprofessional conduct of the officers in attempting to extort the drone operator as can be seen in the concluding part of the video.

‘’The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, CP Adegoke Fayoade, mni has, therefore, directed the Commanding Officer of 49 PMF Akodo, from whose squadron the police officers were duly posted to the bridge, to produce the men for appropriate disciplinary actions.’’ the statement read

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by slivertongue: 12:15pm On Apr 07
police and bribe are friends

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by thesicilian: 12:16pm On Apr 07
I saw the video of them harassing that young guy and I just shook my head for my country. Everyone is just waiting to take advantage of the next guy. Good thing it was caught on camera

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by alpharoyalty: 12:54pm On Apr 07
I think we have too many illiterate policemen in this country blinded by corruption .
Same goes for most civil servants and politicians

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by officialwdhtv: 2:09pm On Apr 07
thesicilian:
I saw the video of them harassing that young guy and I just shook my head for my country. Everyone is just waiting to take advantage of the next guy. Good thing it was caught on camera

Sad situation... and yeah, good thing it was caught on camera

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Melagros(m): 3:38pm On Apr 07
COMRADES are speechless at this news grin
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Stanleymaster1: 4:55pm On Apr 07
The only thing Nigeria police can do effectively is to collect bribe, they have turn themselves into illegal tax collected.

11 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by epondudu: 6:21pm On Apr 07
Not all policemen are like this, if you meet the professional ones you will love the job.

8 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by nedekid: 6:43pm On Apr 07
Wahala to fly drone again? shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by jjcena(m): 10:34pm On Apr 07
Edward don finally cast these bribe seeking police men. In your encounters with the nigerian forces, always make sure you have a secret camera to record the situation

22 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by NaijaCover(m): 10:52am On Apr 08
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Angelfrost(m): 10:55am On Apr 08
Today sanction, tomorrow another set will do worse...!

At what point are y'all going to come to terms with the reality that over 90% of your officers are poor trained and ill-equipped?!!

In developed nations, most of our top Police officers won't even make it into their Boy's Scouts. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by InteliJ(f): 10:55am On Apr 08
Impressive

The NPF should keep sanctioning and sanctioning and sanctioning all unscrupulous elements in the force until it becomes a sanctuary.

5 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Exceed15: 10:56am On Apr 08
The initial interrogation wasn't for the good of us , their motive is to extort him. Useless Nigerian police. No wonder they are rated one of the worse globally. They should be dismissed.

6 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by UselessBuharist: 10:56am On Apr 08
You can’t take bribe away from these guys, they don’t learn, the police authorities are making scapegoat out of them everyday yet they keep doing same thing

4 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Amigoss: 10:56am On Apr 08
Audio sanctioning, mtcheeew!!!
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Klington: 10:56am On Apr 08
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by ProudNigerian01: 10:56am On Apr 08
I have worked with police men at the Force Headquarters and I know a lot of them are very decent, honest and professional but these ones will keep giving them a bad name.

This is just greed and nothing more. Their pay is not that bad, they are just using the opportunity to satisfy their greed.

Let the authorities keep dismissing the bad ones maybe the others will learn one day.

Meanwhile to all of you, repent of your sins and stay repented, remember Jesus loves you and has the best in store for you

6 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by KosiGee(m): 10:56am On Apr 08
epondudu:
Not all policemen are like this, if you meet the professional ones you will love the job.

….If and only if…
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Haydens: 10:57am On Apr 08
Police is same all over the world, very corrupt and immoral force.

Drone operators are being demanded to give bribe ?😂😂😂 Wonder shall never cease.

God wey do am for the should avoid me.

Soon they will start demanding bribe for walking in fact anything moving will start paying homage or bribe to them very soon cos na naija we dey where everything is possible.

1 Like

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by saasala(m): 10:57am On Apr 08
I have once paid bribe to fly a drone on this very bridge. They told me and my crew exactly the same. We were desperate 'cos we needed the footage the following day for a film/documentary. They frustrated the hell out of us that day. We had to part away with 5k.

3 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Exceed15: 10:58am On Apr 08
epondudu:

Abegii..
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by KosiGee(m): 10:58am On Apr 08
UselessBuharist:
You can’t take bribe away from these guys

There are like Siamese twins.

You can’t take bribe away from them and you can’t take them away from bribe.

3 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by inoki247: 10:58am On Apr 08
Lol and State still dey load so na the two go dey extort us together like this ..
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by taiwotimitt: 10:59am On Apr 08
drone permit lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by bigdammyj: 10:59am On Apr 08
Noted.
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Chinjo2: 11:00am On Apr 08
One day they will ask for tracking permit.
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by Felabrity: 11:01am On Apr 08
I just have two questions:

1. Who dey train these police people
2. Why are they always looking unkempt and hungry?

3 Likes

Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by YorubaKing: 11:01am On Apr 08
Typical Nigerian!
Re: Police To Sanction Officers Demanding Bribe From A Cyclist Drone Operator (Vid) by pretydiva(f): 11:01am On Apr 08
They will never learn. Bunch of nuisance

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stock Fraud Suspect Dies In EFCC Custody / 80 Persons Killed In Cross River State (photo) / Court Remands 65-year-old Father For Raping Own Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.