Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana (7559 Views)

Subsidy: FG To Disburse 50,000 Naira Grants To Nigerians / Fuel Subsidy: FG Begins 40% Pay Rise For Workers April Ending / Buhari's Picture Doctored To Add Face Masks To Deceive Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by DMerciful(m): 7:55am On Apr 08
You like Tinubu, like Atiku who are confirm axes of corruption but hate Obi, a man of impeccable integrity
benuejosh:
May Nigeria win.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by correctguy101(m): 8:06am On Apr 08
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Buhari-removed-electricity-subsidy-2022-prove-N3tn-payment-Falana

The inquiry is necessary as arrangements have been concluded by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission to further hike electricity tariffs under the pretext of removing subsidy from the sector. The panel should also inquire into the diversion of the N32bn paid into the account of a private company account in 2003 for the supply of three million prepaid metres in the country.”

Oh...

There seems to be no agency in place to combat matters like this in the country.

E dey like say e no dey..

SMH

1 Like

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by racerve(m): 8:11am On Apr 08
APC propagandists are notably quiet on this one.

Una 30k don finish?

2 Likes

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by Xscape1993(m): 8:12am On Apr 08
Hezzyluv:

The political party called APC really dealt with Nigerians. cry

To make matter worse, people that protested against PDP are totally quiet now. undecided
You are a good Nigerian with a good and clear conscience. I love people that say the truth no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by themanderon: 8:16am On Apr 08
Apc is a curse inflicted by the higher powers on Nigerians for their foolishness. Till they decide to boot them out through the ballot nothing will change.

1 Like

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by texazzpete(m): 8:19am On Apr 08
Klington:

This man those days.
He scared the hell out of corrupt politicians. But today he is tweaking for them.

Why can’t you read na?

1 Like

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by Klington: 8:23am On Apr 08
texazzpete:

Why can’t you read na?

Read what??

Who takes him serious these days??
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by sterlingD(m): 8:24am On Apr 08
Similarly in the statement, Falana noted that on March 12, 2022, the former Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, disclosed that the Federal Government had quietly removed electricity subsidy. The lawyer said Ahmed made the disclosure at a virtual meeting of African Finance Ministers and the International Monetary Fund.

I remember the above vividly.Something is just not adding up

3 Likes

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by aremubabs: 8:26am On Apr 08
salem1996:

As if he's not part of those who voted these Dumbos...
Well, he's better than one pastor (can't remember his name) and wole the writer who would have to chew their fingers and wondering how to defend their lord by now

Please, what did Wole Soyinka do other than speak against bullying?

Did you know how toxic the political landscape became because of Obidients? They were bullying even those who merely refused to have a preferred candidate. They wanted everyone to vote for Obi, forgetting that everyone has a right to vote for whomever they want, and that we cannot build a great country on human rights violation.

Soyinka will be 90 years old in July. No matter how hard you try to demonize him, the man has made his mark. Was imprisoned for visiting Ojukwu to broker peace, was sentenced to death for identifying with Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni cause, used his huge Nobel Prize money to battle Sank Abacha, did a long walk in solidarity for Goodluck Jonathan when the cabal refused to let him act as president when Yar'Adua was bedridden...

Before you judge this man who has given so much for Nigeria in terms of personal glory (the first black man to win the Nobel Prize in Literature) and through activism, ask yourself what your father or grandfather did when dictators ruled the country in wickedness.

You all expect a 90 years old man to continue to speak at every opportunity?
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by slowice(m): 8:30am On Apr 08
oka4ugoo:
Abeg what of the Portharcourt refinery? Has the project been abadoned?
grin they said march, maybe they mean march 2027 grin
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by slowice(m): 8:37am On Apr 08
There's so much hidden in this subsidy claims. They are all lying to Nigerians. Never trust a criminal with your valued property

1 Like

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by Yadid(m): 8:37am On Apr 08
Someone finally said it. How they are removing again what they earlier removed in 2022 and 2021 few months after lockdown still beats me. The tariff went up on those two occasions. Now they are removing the same subsidy again.

1 Like

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by texazzpete(m): 9:10am On Apr 08
Klington:

Read what??

Who takes him serious these days??

That’s irrelevant.
In this particular thread, and this particular issue, where do you see him ‘tweaking for politicians’?
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by Kukutenla: 9:17am On Apr 08
Falana made very valid points

But I think the "subsidy" came about as a result of the fall in exchange rate

Gas is priced in dollars so with fall in value of naira, it will affect the cost of producing power

Again, we can all see the effect of the stupid policy of floating the naira
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by Anatolia: 9:18am On Apr 08
The three major tools of evil politicians are 1. Bribery 2. Propaganda/lies and 3. Intimidation. APC is using all three in full swing to the detriment of Nigerians.
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by luizpippo(m): 10:19am On Apr 08
bewla:
Am an APC but this is to much

People are die yet you increase the speedometer

Kai

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Don't worry, 2 secs to die, Bulaba will release the ghen ghen pressing
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by surgical: 10:46am On Apr 08
Xscape1993:
The evil party call APC is a big curse to humanity. The deadliest political mistake made in the history of Nigeria's political development was in 2015. With these terrorists, kidnappers, strange men, certificate forgers, drug barons, agberos and touts in government at the moment, Nigeria is not ready for growth and development yet.
Honestly it baffles me how Nigerians can tolerate this people for this long ,these are evil people, it is very clear the evidence abound, then does this mean majority of Nigerians are evil people for them to be comfortable with them ,because they say birds of a feather flocks together
Since 2015 no good news has come from these people, it has been back to back unleashing of pain ,oppression, poverty,insecurity, depression, suicide,hunger on the people and they do it without remose

1 Like

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by salem1996: 11:33am On Apr 08
aremubabs:

Please, what did Wole Soyinka do other than speak against bullying?

Did you know how toxic the political landscape became because of Obidients? They were bullying even those who merely refused to have a preferred candidate. They wanted everyone to vote for Obi, forgetting that everyone has a right to vote for whomever they want, and that we cannot build a great country on human rights violation.

Soyinka will be 90 years old in July. No matter how hard you try to demonize him, the man has made his mark. Was imprisoned for visiting Ojukwu to broker peace, was sentenced to death for identifying with Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni cause, used his huge Nobel Prize money to battle Sank Abacha, did a long walk in solidarity for Goodluck Jonathan when the cabal refused to let him act as president when Yar'Adua was bedridden...

Before you judge this man who has given so much for Nigeria in terms of personal glory (the first black man to win the Nobel Prize in Literature) and through activism, ask yourself what your father or grandfather did when dictators ruled the country in wickedness.

You all expect a 90 years old man to continue to speak at every opportunity?

Well, they didn't do anything, but at least they weren't hypocrites.

Where was his age and the wisdom when he refused to stop the evil done to Jonathan.
Was he not part of those supporting casket carriers in hope to burry Jonathan's regime?

To think of how dumb and guilty you are, you've shifted your discussion to Obi. tell me, you claim he only came out to speak against obidient attacks, now that the government is attacking the masses, is his strength so derailed and his speech so closed that he cannot utter a word?
A leech indeed will always have two daughter.
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by aremubabs: 11:40am On Apr 08
salem1996:

Well, they didn't do anything, but at least they weren't hypocrites.

Where was his age and the wisdom when he refused to stop the evil done to Jonathan.
Was he not part of those supporting casket carriers in hope to burry Jonathan's regime?

To think of how dumb and guilty you are, you've shifted your discussion to Obi. tell me, you claim he only came out to speak against obidient attacks, now that the government is attacking the masses, is his strength so derailed and his speech so closed that he cannot utter a word?
A leech indeed will always have two daughter.

Was evil was done to Jonathan?

Jonathan was not performing well, and Soyinka joined many other Nigerians to denounce him.

When Buhari was not performing well, did Soyinka not criticize him?

So, it is now an evil thing to criticize a president that is performing below par?
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by salem1996: 12:00pm On Apr 08
aremubabs:

Was evil was done to Jonathan?

Jonathan was not performing well, and Soyinka joined many other Nigerians to denounce him.

When Buhari was not performing well, did Soyinka not criticize him?

So, it is now an evil thing to criticize a president that is performing below par?

Is not evil to do so, however, it is evil when one do so hypocritically. My apologies for insulting, I was upset initially for bringing my parents in the case.

The truth is, how much was fuel and dollar when he supported the criricts?
Beside, who criticize someone by carrying a casket and move around?

If Wole would support those critics, I expect him to be a critic directly in this government, unfortunately, he has remain one of the most silent man.

Tinubu is his close friend, I guess is the reason maybe.

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by aremubabs: 12:10pm On Apr 08
salem1996:

Is not evil to do so, however, it is evil when one do so hypocritically. My apologies for insulting, I was upset initially for bringing my parents in the case.

The truth is, how much was fuel and dollar when he supported the criricts?
Beside, who criticize someone by carrying a casket and move around?

If Wole would support those critics, I expect him to be a critic directly in this government, unfortunately, he has remain one of the most silent man.

Tinubu is his close friend, I guess is the reason maybe.

Carrying casket is a practice well known in the South West. In the university, caskets are carried by workers to symbolize rejection of their boss. It doesn't mean they are wishing him dead.

Soyinka is almost 90. He would be 90 this year. His public appearances have greatly reduced.

When Soyinka was still Soyinka, he was Obasanjo's loudest critic for 8 years.

Despite the fact that he and Obasanjo are from the same Egba tribe, he was still Obasanjo's loudest critic, right from when Obasanjo was military head of state.

That is why I laugh when people say Soyinka is quiet because Tinubu is his kinsmen.

When Shonekan was made interim president in 1993, who was his loudest critic if not Soyinka?
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by Exceed15: 12:15pm On Apr 08
Tinubu used all his life and resources planning towards one day election not guvernace using gullible people to achieve his selfish ambition.

He orchestrated the emergence of Buhari who destroyed the economy and took over from him to become the worse president in the history of Nigeria.
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by blacknp(m): 12:50pm On Apr 08
Hezzyluv:

The political party called APC really dealt with Nigerians. cry

To make matter worse, people that protested against PDP are totally quiet now. undecided
Abi they are now all in The APC today?
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by blacknp(m): 12:52pm On Apr 08
Exceed15:
Tinubu used all his life and resources planning towards one day election not guvernace using gullible people to achieve his selfish ambition.

He orchestrated the emergence of Buhari who destroyed the economy and took over from him to become the worse president in the history of Nigeria.
Who stopped your father from contesting, abi isn’t he Nigerian also?

Did Nigeria dash the presidency to Tinubu?

You cannot sit on the fence & complain, who the cap fits, let them wear it.
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by salem1996: 1:15pm On Apr 08
aremubabs:

Carrying casket is a practice well known in the South West. In the university, caskets are carried by workers to symbolize rejection of their boss. It doesn't mean they are wishing him dead.

Soyinka is almost 90. He would be 90 this year. His public appearances have greatly reduced.

When Soyinka was still Soyinka, he was Obasanjo's loudest critic for 8 years.

Despite the fact that he and Obasanjo are from the same Egba tribe, he was still Obasanjo's loudest critic, right from when Obasanjo was military head of state.

That is why I laugh when people say Soyinka is quiet because Tinubu is his kinsmen.

When Shonekan was made interim president in 1993, who was his loudest critic if not Soyinka?

Exactly what I expect from him. He's still strong to speak. Beside, he has handles to air his views. He still grants public interviews [though very less now].
We can't shy away from the evil of this government, and we can't claim Wole Soyinka don't have a voice at least to say something against it.
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by COMPAQ(m): 1:18pm On Apr 08
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Buhari-removed-electricity-subsidy-2022-prove-N3tn-payment-Falana

Mr Falana should stop delving into matters where he's not the subject matter expert.

Lets even assume that subsidy on electricity was removed in 2021, will the price remain exactly the same thereafter?

Is there subsidy on bread? No! Didn't the price increase from N700 to N1500 from this time last year till now? Along with other foodstuffs?

A car in April 2023 and now, are they the same price.

Mr Falana should stick to law and stop trying to be an expert in all things.

Only him will comment authoritatively on oil production, on minimum wage, on economy, on exchange rate, on Banking fraud!!
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by aremubabs: 2:54pm On Apr 08
salem1996:

Exactly what I expect from him. He's still strong to speak. Beside, he has handles to air his views. He still grants public interviews [though very less now].
We can't shy away from the evil of this government, and we can't claim Wole Soyinka don't have a voice at least to say something against it.

He doesn't have any social media handles.
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by socialmediaman: 4:57pm On Apr 08
Xscape1993:
The evil party call APC is a big curse to humanity. The deadliest political mistake made in the history of Nigeria's political development was in 2015. With these terrorists, kidnappers, strange men, certificate forgers, drug barons, agberos and touts in government at the moment, Nigeria is not ready for growth and development yet.

This thunderous comment could open up the floodgates of Kainji dam

1 Like

Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by oka4ugoo: 9:31pm On Apr 08
slowice:

grin they said march, maybe they mean march 2027 grin

Nobody is talking about it again. I don't just understand this country any more.
Re: Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana by blacknp(m): 10:32pm On Apr 08
Exceed15:

Foremost, your miserable parents didn't train you well. Secondly u are victim of people brainwashed. Thirdly I didn't vote Tinubu, I voted pdp so I didn't sit on the fence.. carry ur frustrated and rotten life away from social space. Tinubu till 2098 sef... Awon alayi ni ronu
Sharap.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You All Not Tribalists? / Massob Vows To Retaliate Killing Of Igbos! Wop Wop! Ghen Ghen! / See Latest Development @ Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.