Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Are You All Not Tribalists? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You All Not Tribalists? (7676 Views)

Where Are All The Tribalists? / Bini People Have Put Nairaland Tribalists To Shame / Boko Haram, MEND And Igbo Tribalists On NL Are CIA Agents Doing Covert Ops. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2009
We know the tribalists, we see their bait threads and titles and we still join in to encourage and enable them to spew their nonsense to start more needless and pointless threads.

We know they thrive on the back and forth so why not just sidestep such  threads and deny them the attention and oxygen?  Tribalism is a state of mind and you can't change such mindsets. It's a disease and problem they have to fix on their own.

If you don't like tribal threads, ignore and don't encourage,  encouraging simply = you're are part of the problem and you have no morale right to judge and complain because you enable them, you give them the time of the day to thrive and live to start another silly, ignorant and annoying thread.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by asha80(m): 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2009
see babapupa dey talk of tribalists.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2009
sorry,  but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

anyone who doesnt like it is free to log off NL.

If Seun and his mods cant keep this place clean then wild wild west it is.

I dont log on NL to read stories about how my thing is smelling becuase of my Yoruba gene.

Neither am I here to be regaled with tales of how I'm likely to stink, be promiscuous, do fetish, be filthy, am ugly, unmarriageable, because I'm Yoruba.

Its a free world- you can start a forum or join another one if the tribalism here worries you too much.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2009
Yes, babapupa is talking tribalists. We can stop it,
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 05, 2009
you're free to join some other forum where there's no tribalism.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
tpia.:

you're free to join some other forum where there's no tribalism.

This discussion is about NL, not about joining other forums. Let's stay focused my friend,
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2009
^^ when in Rome, do as the Romans.

anyone who wants to be a hero and smile while his tribe is being viciously bashed for no reason, probably in the hopes of getting some kind of hookup, should go ahead and do so.

As for me, I'm seeing people around getting influenced by whats being posted in this place, so I will defend myself as best as i can and let God handle the rest.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2009
tpia.:

^^ when in Rome, do as the Romans.

You don't have to jump over the bridge because other people are like mumu. Try make sense small small.

Stooping down to absurd level because you are defending your tribe means your thoughts  ain't any different from what you're challenging, meaning you are what you're criticizing.

Only insecure and shallow people waka around defending themselves over what's not what defending.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2009
^^ sorry, you're preaching to a wall.

I'm a tribalist- deal with it.

Thats Nigeria and if you want to be a hero, then good luck to you.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2009
tpia.:

edit,

Why are you convulsing? You don't have to slit your wrist because of babapupa. Dude, kill yourself if you like sef, lol. see wahala o.

I don't have to deal with your stupidity and tribal nonsense, I ignore such crap. Do you see me pay attention to the likes of mekusxxx and the other tribal zombies? @ least not lately.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by mekusxxx: 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2009
Red baba and Tilapia fighting. Who will win? grin grin
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
who is fighting?

certainly not me.

anyone telling me not to defend myself when being attacked by bigots and xenophobes, should think again cos its not happening.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2009
babapupa:

Why are you convulsing? You don't have to slit your wrist because of babapupa. Dude, kill yourself if you like sef, lol. see wahala o,

sweetie, dont get your knickers in a twist and become a byword.

if NL is disturbing you too much, then log off.

Even if you open 10,000 threads such as this one, telling people not to respond to tribalistic threads, that wont stop anyone from beating you up because of your tribe.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by kosovo(m): 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2009
shocked
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2009
Babapupa, I thought your initial post made a lot of sense but you've been somehow dragged into doing the same thing you talked against.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2009
tpia.:

sweetie, dont get your knickers in a twist and become a byword.

if NL is disturbing you too much, then log off.

Even if you open 10,000 threads such as this one, telling people not to respond to tribalistic threads, that wont stop anyone from beating you up because of your tribe.

Are you not the one going crazy because you think you're about to be stripped of your rights to be a tribal bigot and racists like the ones you're defending yourself against?

Be what you must be, it just doesn't mean what you must be is good for your fragile and insecure self.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
like i said- log off NL if its too much for you.

is someone forcing you to be here?

i am a tribal bigot and racist- does that decrease your salary.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
OMO IBO:

Babapupa, I thought your initial post made a lot of sense but you've been somehow dragged into doing the same thing you talked against.

In what way because I'm still on the same message and feel free to lead me where I transgressed.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2009
na scatter scatter dey end moonlight play.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2009
Had never even heard of the word 'tribalism' until I came to Nairaland

It's never going to stop by the way cheesy
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Beaf: 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2009
I am joining babapupa to say we shouldn't be like this. It is digusting.

God bless you babapupa for trying to tackle our "tribal" problems. I am sure we can win this if we start trying, the ocean is made up off many little drops.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2009
babapupa:

In what way because I'm still on the same message and feel free to lead me where I transgressed.
Surely engaging in some back n forth blige with an obtuse pugnacious harridan is counter productive.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2009
tpia.:

like i said- log off NL if its too much for you.

is someone forcing you to be here?

i am a tribal bigot and racist- does that decrease your salary.

If we all log off NL because we disagree, there wont be a soul left on NL but you talking to yourself. Stop arguing like a brick head.

Dude, it's not by force to repeat the same nonsense, I heard you the first time. Do you and be all you can be, defend your insecure self to eternity.

na you biko.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2009
tpia.:

youre so stu.pid!!! lol
if you are a tribalist, why are you defending your tribe when you wont hesitate to bash another person's tribe?
see mumu ooooo!! shocked shocked shocked
this "grown woman" no make any sense at all.
you get upset when your tribe is being bashed for no reason, you call yourself a tribalist, and bash another person's tribe.
do you not see the hypocrisy? the double standard? lolol!!
persin wan kill me oooo.
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
ibkaye:

Had never even heard of the word 'tribalism' until I came to Nairaland

It's never going to stop by the way cheesy
same here! lol cheesy
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2009
OMO IBO:

Surely engaging in some back n forth blige with an obtuse pugnacious harridan is counter productive.

I see what you're saying. I honestly think we can go back back n forth discussing the subject matter as long as we're not throwing tribal insults at each other,
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 05, 2009
babapupa:

If we all log off NL because we disagree, there wont be a soul left on NL but you talking to yourself. Stop arguing like a brick head.

Dude, it's not by force to repeat the same nonsense, I heard you the first time. Do you and be all you can be, defend your insecure self to eternity.

na you biko.

yes, logging off NL if you cant cope with the heat, isnt a bad idea.

overpopulation leads to all kinds of social problems and the world wont end if some people find another site.

a society with no police, or inefficient police who make little effort to combat crime, is a lawless one.

ending tribalism on NL isnt too hard, but of course you'd rather bark up the wrong tree, than face reality.

typical nigerian
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by MrCrackles(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
All the Arrow-ster tribalists on the forum can nosh a big chunky coc.k!
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2009
Anyway, let's ignore the distraction and carry on with the subject matter.

It's my believe that we have so much in common, but we're not willing to reach out, explore and take advantage of anything. We needlessly distract ourselves with worthless tribal sentiments. We even subscribe to what we know is bad for us and our future just because of tribal considerations.  We don't see good on the other side of the fence, we see only fear and mistrust, it's like education is incapable of washing away the dirty stench of ignorance and tribalims,
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by babapupa: 9:23pm On Dec 05, 2009
Why patronize threads with titles like An Igbo man did this/ that or a Yoruba man did this/that when a man or woman this or that would have sufficed?
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by KnowAll(m): 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2009
Tribal positioning is good for politics, it is one of the antecedents of politics. Politicians are not called political animals for nothing otherwise a more mundane term like political saints would have being a common and acceptable phrase in Politics. This is game not for the less discerning, provocative utterances and threat are some of the tools employed by politicians to test the water and weigh public opionion. So are the act of mis-quotation,  ambuigity and statement withdrawal, are what counteracts  the initial threatning stance.

A balance is required on how to use these 2 tools effectively without a total fall out. We saw it displayed this week, when JRC declared the SS region will seceede from the polity of Nigeria,  only for MEND to dis-own and rubbish them saying they are only voices of cyber-space. The most important thing is the cat has being let out of the bag, and the message has being passed to those threatning the VP with a force resignation.

Those powers who ever they are had to succumb and admit that history is actually unfolding b4 their very eyes and the question or doubt of the VP becomeing the President is a fait accompli that is unshakeable any thought to the contrary will not only be mutinious but a flagrant declaration of open hostilities.  
Re: Are You All Not Tribalists? by THEAMAKA3(f): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2009
babapupa:

Why patronize threads with titles like An Igbo man did this/ that or a Yoruba man did this/that when a man or woman this or that?
GBAM!! i was thinking about that like 20min ago.
did you see about that "Igbo Millionair attacked in Kano"
na wa oooo
why cant it just be the millionaire?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

River Niger Project Puts Jonathan Into Trouble / Questions every Nigerian should answer / Continuation Of The House Of Reps Fuel Subsidy Probe - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.