Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri (229 Views)

“My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman / I Still Masturbate Even After I Got Married / A Family Man Can Have This Too: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Questionnaires(m): 7:51am On Apr 08
As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Home-Based Garri With Wifey....!!!

All The Necessary Machines For Processing Cassava into Garri Can Be Fabricated And Sourced Locally.

Presently; The Cost of A Big Basin of Garri is 24,000 Naira in My Region. Whereas; Buying Cassava of Just 16,000 Naira Will Produce 2 Big Basins of Garri Saving Yourself Another 24,000 Naira Provided You Have Got All The Equipments And Tools Already in place.

1 Share

Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Questionnaires(m): 8:06am On Apr 08
Two Days Ago was The Cassava Market Day @ Abinni Village, Cross River State. The Market Days Are Counted Every 4 Days Apart. So, The Next Cassava Market Day is on Wednesday Since The Previous was Saturday.

Unlike Before; The Price of A Small Basin of Cassava Presently Sells Around 5,500 Naira - 6,500 Naira.

As at last month; The Price was within The Range of 3,500 - 4,500 Naira.

This Goes To Show The Reason The Price of A Big Basin of Garri Has Increased From 20,000 Naira To 24,000 Naira.

If You Notice Clearly: The Increment in Prices of Raw Foods Contributes Heavily To The Increment of Processed Foods.

This is also how it is in the case of Paddy Rice; Palm Oil, Maize, Soybeans etc.

This is The Reason It is A Clever Thing For Every Family To Learn How To Process Some Foods For Themselves.

When We Have More Families Processing Their Some of Their Own Foods For Themselves; We will ALL Notice That The Price of Many Food Items Will Begin To Drop in Nigeria.

REALITY CHECK: We've Got Fewer Farmers And Fewer Food Processors Satisfying The HUNGER NEEDS of Millions of Nigerians. And For A Fact - This is The Reason For Consistent Increase in The Price of Food Items in Nigeria.

1 Share

Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Jewessgratitud3: 8:43am On Apr 08
Nice one. I want to start producing my own ijebu garri. So I can be sure of it hygienic state. I'm tired of buying from the locals who may not be hygiene conscious during the process..

The thing is where to get large quantity of cassava in Lagos. I have no idea.

1 Like

Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Questionnaires(m): 10:08am On Apr 08
Jewessgratitud3:
Nice one. I want to start producing my own ijebu garri. So I can be sure of it hygienic state. I'm tired of buying from the locals who may not be hygiene conscious during the process..

The thing is where to get large quantity of cassava in Lagos. I have no idea.

Hygiene is Another Priority You Should Consider When Dealing With Where You Buy Your Foods From. This is why processing your own Family's Food would provide you with cleaner foods.

You can get large quantities of cassava Tubers from Ikorodu or you simply start up your own Cassava farms within Lagos.

Cassava will grow very well on Lagos Soil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Questionnaires(m): 10:21am On Apr 08
Whenever I Get Home with The Cassava Tubers That I Purchase From The Market; The First Thing I Do is To Weigh The Cassava Tubers Using A Weighing Scale inorder to be Able To Relate The Weight with The Prevailing Price of Cassava Tubers Over Time.

Earlier This January; I Bought A Small Basin of Cassava For 3,200 Naira. The Weight of The Cassava Tubers Was 26.4 KG Before Peeling The Cassava Tubers.

Later in The Month of February; I was able to get 1½ Basin of Cassava Tubers for 5,500 Naira. The Weight of The Cassava Tubers Before Peeling Them was 46.4 KG.

All Through The Month of March; I Didn't Need To Travel To Go Buy Cassava Tubers Because The Processed Garri And Fufu Flour of The Month of February Was Enough For Us Until Recently (This Present Day of April).

So, Upon Getting Back Home with The Cassava Tubers That I Bought For 6,400 Naira (1½ Basins); We Did The Usual Again...!

And This Time; Upon Our Measurement - We Got Exactly 47.2 KG of Cassava Tubers Before Peeling Them.

1 Share

Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Jewessgratitud3: 10:32am On Apr 08
Questionnaires:

Hygiene is Another Priority You Should Consider When Dealing With Where You Buy Your Foods From. This is why processing your own Family's Food would provide you with cleaner foods.

You can get large quantities of cassava Tubers from Ikorodu or you simply start up your own Cassava farms within Lagos.

Cassava will grow very well on Lagos Soil.

Ikorodu lowun .. it's far from me though. Will try other local market around. Never been to ikorodu before.

Yes processing your own food is the best. Hopefully I can achieve that feat before the Easter break is over. I would really like it..

Please a quick one. Can I use this sieve here to sieve my garri before frying? since I'm only making a small quantity for myself.

Thank you.

Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Questionnaires(m): 10:35am On Apr 08
After Peeling The Cassava Tubers; It is Also A General Routine To Weigh The Peeled Cassava Tubers.

Hence;

Weight of Peeled Cassava Tubers (Using Basin) = 34 KG.
Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Questionnaires(m): 10:36am On Apr 08
Jewessgratitud3:

Ikorodu lowun .. it's far from me though. Will try other local market around. Never been to ikorodu before.

Yes processing your own food is the best. Hopefully I can achieve that feat before the Easter break is over. I would really like it..

Please a quick one. Can I use this sieve here to sieve my garri before frying? since I'm only making a small quantity for myself.

Thank you.

Yes, You can use it to sieve your Cassava Flour For Garri Production. But, it will be stressful for you.

You can buy this type or pay a carpenter to do it for you.

Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Jewessgratitud3: 11:42am On Apr 08
Questionnaires:

Yes, You can use it to sieve your Cassava Flour For Garri Production. But, it will be stressful for you.

You can buy this type or pay a carpenter to do it for you.

Hmm. Ok. Will see if I can get something with bigger holes like this

Re: As A Family Man And Digital Entrepreneur, I Still Find Time To Produce My Garri by Questionnaires(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08
Jewessgratitud3:

Hmm. Ok. Will see if I can get something with bigger holes like this

Great Then.

It would do the work.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Please, Who Has Any Land In Abuja He Or She Doesn't Intend To Develop This Year? / Assist Me Pls / Buy Your Properties, Investments Is The Key,properties Banking Is The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.