Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather (33791 Views)

How Texas Cold Turned My Water To Ice On Christmas Eve / Tanker Explosion On Kara Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Road: LRU & Fire Service Attacked / Anambra Explosion: Delta State Fire Service Came To The Rescue (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by FuckYeyeMods: 9:03am On Apr 08
morikee:
Effect of Global Warming too much carbon footprints.
Continue to dey listen to oyinbo..
It has been like that for ages..
If you wear black jean and climb bike, your laps go tell you.
Sokoto and Maiduguri are very hot.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Angelfrost(m): 9:04am On Apr 08
You would be amazed that most homes don't have stable electricity to use fans and Air conditioners in this heat...!
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by ThatFairGuy1: 9:05am On Apr 08
Sorry, it blows heat.

The natural breeze itself is very hot like 🔥

Achoghim:
Car AC is very likely to fail in this extreme hot environment

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Itiskdg121(m): 9:08am On Apr 08
I heard something of such years back.
Is this real?
Amuluonyenaego:
I can remember those days in Maiduguri when we used a fresh egg to experiment on the heat to my greatest surprise, the heat got the egg done. Abeg they need the water spray.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Barryspear: 9:11am On Apr 08
Grow trees too. It will help!

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by lastkingsman: 9:22am On Apr 08
BigDawsNet:
We could have installed the largest solar panel in africa inside these states... that will generate atleast half of northern states electricity...

But Nigerians gov will not think abt that one...

Projects in Nigeria are money laundering scheme. It's mostly companies in construction that have effective mechanics for moving large amounts of cash. That's why politicians love doing roads, buildings and flyover projects.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Lovenorth: 9:22am On Apr 08
bewla:
But most time we forget as Muslim to forgive and look to christen as our people for been the first religion that shield Muslim from kafir

Don't be offended I degrees from the topic
Either you are a Muslim or Christian there is the need for all of us to respect one another, it's not a one way traffic
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by kmaster007: 9:24am On Apr 08
This North nah another level
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by periphetes: 9:34am On Apr 08
Plant more trees yearly in the north !
It has been done successfully in China converting a desert into vegetation.

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by donem: 9:35am On Apr 08
Ejiakusmith:
45c that's extremely harsh ooo ...... Just wishing if the sun 🌞 will Also dry those bandits & bokoharam up
Those days when they kill Boko Haram blood no the comot from their body, very surprising now I see why, desert sun done clot their blood.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Expanse2020(m): 9:37am On Apr 08
jeromestarks:
For how long?

Their iniquities are too much in that part of Nigeria. Their sins are off the heavenly chat. The only way for things to normalize (including the weather) in that place is TOTAL REPENTANCE!

The are in Hell!

Repent the people of Maiduguri. Repent for hell is closer to you. Repent now and have peace.
Christianity has turned some people to madness ooooooo
Kaii
Something they did frequently in Asia, Europe during summer...
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by verifiablefacts: 9:54am On Apr 08
havenz:
Government of joke, when fire come now them no go fit put am off while in Benue State we get rivers of water but we no dey see water to drink.

Humans, hard to please.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Ejiakusmith(m): 9:59am On Apr 08
😂😂😂😂😅😅 haha
donem:

Those days when they kill Boko Haram blood no the comot from their body, very surprising now I see why, desert sun done clot their blood.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Emmani360(m): 10:00am On Apr 08
I'm currently in Maiduguri and seriously I don't know how this people are able to fast in this harsh weather. I drink more than half bag of Satchet water every day and yet I wake up every morning with a very dry mouth and throat, how they go for hours without taking water blows my mind.
If you enter keke or car with no A/C here, it will just feel like you are sitting inside a mild air fryer and I just can't help but imagine how painful your death will be if someone locks you inside the trunk of a car here.
Yesterday I nearly burnt the sole of my feet by stepping outside on the interlock barefooted just for a few seconds and yet I see almajiri boys walking around with no slippers and I just wonder how hardened the sole of their feet must be
As early as 7am some days, every metal object outside is already very hot to touch and the one that shocked me was when I entered the gen house, this gen house is positioned in a way that the sun does no touch the gen directly but the sun was able to heat up the concrete roof so much that the air inside was hot enough to heat up the gen.

The fact that there are habited places hotter than Borno state is scary and funny enough, it was extremely cold when I arrived here in January, cold enough that the windows and door of my room was always shut and I forgot how hot it was the last time i was here years ago

3 Likes

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by adolfHitler1934: 10:04am On Apr 08
benuejosh:
North East is always as hot as fire.
That's why people of that other religion there reason thru their anus. The heat fries the brain, leaving them brainwashed, killing and maiming fellow country men and women in the name of one jihadist who rapped children.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Nauttyprof(m): 10:07am On Apr 08
havenz:
Government of joke, when fire come now them no go fit put am off while in Benue State we get rivers of water but we no dey see water to drink.

Government is acting. Yet, people of hate will come up with criticism again. This is sick
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Exceed15: 10:08am On Apr 08
To survive this one must drink plenty of water.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by BigDawsNet: 10:08am On Apr 08
lastkingsman:

Projects in Nigeria are money laundering scheme. It's mostly companies in construction that have effective mechanics for moving large amounts of cash. That's why politicians love doing roads, buildings and flyover projects.

You know dis flyovers are just too much... how can someone becomes a gov do like 2 flyovers for 8 years and feels like he has achieved a lot for the State..
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Hogwarthtrades: 10:09am On Apr 08
You begin to wonder what ecological funds are used for in the northern states. This is a project where intercollegiate professor chair can be given in the north east to see how to incorporate syntropic farm hubs in urban areas and rural areas ( start at small scale then scale up). the state Town planning + agroforestry agency can be involved. You create jobs while solving the heat crisis. if this strategy is properly implemented, heat waves will be reasonably reduced and the rainfall days and length will increase within a decade. Challenging but feasible. It's not everything we will go cap in hand begging world agencies for .

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by BucketHat(m): 10:13am On Apr 08
BigDawsNet:
We could have installed the largest solar panel in africa inside these states... that will generate atleast half of northern states electricity...

But Nigerians gov will not think abt that one...

Bro you have just spoken mind & you deserve a gift !!!!!

Meet at lekki phase 1 Gate by 5pm to collect 10 billion Liberian dollars.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by CartelKenneth: 10:18am On Apr 08
ayinde2020:
The weather is too hot even in Lagos

And our own is just 33 degrees o
Wonder how those guys up north are not bursting into flames 😂😂😂

Maybe this is just Gods way of punishing them for practicing Islam 😂😂
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by CartelKenneth: 10:20am On Apr 08
Exceed15:
To survive this one must drink plenty of water.

No be by water o
The poor must stay under tree shade
AND the rich must stay under AC

Most northern aboki cannot even afford ac sef so most will be dead before the end of this year…

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Stephench: 10:21am On Apr 08
When Dubai is seeding the atmosphere to bring rain, these dmnfvcks are spraying water on the ground.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by BigDawsNet: 10:28am On Apr 08
BucketHat:

Bro you have just spoken mind & you deserve a gift !!!!!

Meet at lekki phase 1 Gate by 5pm to collect 10 billion Liberian dollars.

That's around 51,853.77 United States Dollar

Oya, shey I should bring ghana must go sack to collect it or you will pay me by check?

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by CartelKenneth: 10:29am On Apr 08
Coolboy009:
Hell on earth

Why can’t those stupid northern fools plant trees
Don’t they know that it can cool down the environment and breathe life into the areas

Mumu people let the heat even kill them finish sef
The less Muslims in the world , the better

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by BluntCrazeMan: 10:35am On Apr 08
Some people see it as waste of water.

We didn't see water to DRINK.
And you're wasting it on the ground..

Put water for me inside this small bucket abbegg jarree.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Cheeryfeet: 10:54am On Apr 08
havenz:

You people are sadists. There's nothing any one does that will pacify you people. Thank God they don't listen to people like you. It's people around you that I pity
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by jeromestarks: 10:55am On Apr 08
pretydiva:

This really got me laughing grin. Like are you for real
I feel nice that I can put a smile on your face in this hard time in Nigeria.
Oya credit my account love.
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by Coolgent(m): 11:09am On Apr 08
layuns:
Wow!
Surviving a temperature of 45C (113F) would be rare and challenging. If the brain got that hot, it would probably be fatal in a very short time. In general, If our body temperature rises to 40°C or higher, it can lead to heatstroke, which is a life-threatening condition. At 45°C, the body would be under extreme stress, and vital organs could start to fail.
People need to stay away from the scorching sun, get hydrated and be in a very low humidity zone, wear loose cloths and cover the head.
Na Nigerian’s we be, last last we shall be alright!
Am currently in a state where temperature range is fluctuating between 38c to 45c infact i have experienced 46c last week.
And guess what? I am observing fasting from 5am to 7pm
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by ShoeGetSize: 11:16am On Apr 08
Satan We Trust (SWT)

Lovenorth:
Subhanallah
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by oranget(m): 11:16am On Apr 08
jeromestarks:
For how long?

Their iniquities are too much in that part of Nigeria. Their sins are off the heavenly chat. The only way for things to normalize (including the weather) in that place is TOTAL REPENTANCE!

The are in Hell!

Repent the people of Maiduguri. Repent for hell is closer to you. Repent now and have peace.
You are even a greater joker compared to Pastor Righteousness. Maiduguri is closer to hell?
Re: Maiduguri 45°c: Fire Service Sprays Cool Water To Mitigate The Harsh Weather by EbenezerTriumph: 11:42am On Apr 08
Emmani360:
I'm currently in Maiduguri and seriously I don't know how this people are able to fast in this harsh weather. I drink more than half bag of Satchet water every day and yet I wake up every morning with a very dry mouth and throat, how they go for hours without taking water blows my mind.
If you enter keke or car with no A/C here, it will just feel like you are sitting inside a mild air fryer and I just can't help but imagine how painful your death will be if someone locks you inside the trunk of a car here.
Yesterday I nearly burnt the sole of my feet by stepping outside on the interlock barefooted just for a few seconds and yet I see almajiri boys walking around with no slippers and I just wonder how hardened the sole of their feet must be
As early as 7am some days, every metal object outside is already very hot to touch and the one that shocked me was when I entered the gen house, this gen house is positioned in a way that the sun does no touch the gen directly but the sun was able to heat up the concrete roof so much that the air inside was hot enough to heat up the gen.

The fact that there are habited places hotter than Borno state is scary and funny enough, it was extremely cold when I arrived here in January, cold enough that the windows and door of my room was always shut and I forgot how hot it was the last time i was here years ago
how about people whose survival depends on hustling under this scorching sun?
Jobs like brick layers building under the sun, those who sell or hawk in the open.
How do they survive?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Commissioning Of The Ilaje Bariga Ferry Terminal (Photos) / Terrible Accident In Nyanya Abuja, Many Passengers Killed (Graphic Photos) / President Jonathan Launches New E-passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.