Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel (16929 Views)

NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Use Of Corps Uniforms, Logo, Others / Delta Corper Survives Lassa Fever, Passes Out (Photo) / Fortune Ihe: Corper Dies In Sokoto NYSC Camp Due To 'Negligence' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Cruzmaster: 11:27am On Apr 08
thesicilian:

A very preventable death
Passengers should learn to be vigilant while travelling. If you see your driver dozing off, rebuke him or engage him in a light conversation to keep him awake. We should learn to observe our surroundings more instead of being glued to our phones 24/7.

You are right. I remembered when am traveling from Plateau state to Ibadan by night. Our driver was showing sign of tiredness. Thankfully, am sitting in front seat. I keep talking to him till we reach Ondo in the morning. That's when I slept off

1 Like

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Originalsly: 11:27am On Apr 08
McLizbae:

Lols... Is there really anything like death benefits for corps who died in service?

Lols.... wasn't there?.... isn't there?
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Originalsly: 11:30am On Apr 08
geoworldedu:

Does NYSC service mean you can't travel for weekends? I don't understand anymore o

You need to understand the meaning of authorized..... and unauthorized. Google is your friend.
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by geoworldedu: 11:33am On Apr 08
Originalsly:

You need to understand the meaning of authorized..... and unauthorized. Google is your friend.
What is the reason for bringing up this authorise word in the first place? NYSC officials are just being insensitive. They should just give their condolences and walk away. Very fooolish people

1 Like

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Asswipemod: 11:34am On Apr 08
post=129324767:

Source: https://punchng.com/delta-corper-dies-in-crash-nysc-warns-against-unauthorised-travel/

Are these bozos saying that the cause of the crash was because the deceased didn't take permission before traveling?

1 Like

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by pretydiva(f): 11:36am On Apr 08
EbenezerTriumph:
you be idiot.
If he had stayed one place he wouldn't have died cos I'm sure nysc would have declined his request
You are the biggest idiot. Éwobi

3 Likes

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Blazetrailer: 11:49am On Apr 08
This is the same NYSC that someone dodged and was rewarded with a Ministerial position. If you ve got the opportunity and the means, fly your kids out of the country to continue their lives...if they need the nonsense NYSC certif8cate they can always come serve later in comfort and luxury....I know many returnees from overseas who did the damn NYSC dhit from the comfort of their homes
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Originalsly: 11:50am On Apr 08
geoworldedu:

What is the reason for bringing up this authorise word in the first place? NYSC officials are just being insensitive. They should just give their condolences and walk away. Very fooolish people

The word is very important .... you should check its meaning .... it an save you a lot of trouble in life.... it is even posted in sooo many places .. at airports .. in planes ... in office buildings ... in compounds .... authorize persons only .... no authorized persons allowed... NO PARKING unauthorized cars will be towed at owners expense.... this word must be an important one... Google is your friend.
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by geoworldedu: 11:58am On Apr 08
Originalsly:

The word is very important .... you should check its meaning .... it an save you a lot of trouble in life.... it is even posted in sooo many places .. at airports .. in planes ... in office buildings ... in compounds .... authorize persons only .... no authorized persons allowed... NO PARKING unauthorized cars will be towed at owners expense.... this word must be an important one... Google is your friend.
You don't understand what I'm talking about. NYSC never asked you in any of their forms that you can't travel at will. All they want you to do is your primary assignment. So blaming accident on unauthorized travelling is unnecessary. That's what I'm telling you. Not that I don't know the meaning of the word.
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by thesicilian: 12:02pm On Apr 08
sunsweet33:

…what kind of victim-blaming is this..is a passenger who paid for their passage supposed to be babysitting the driver…?
Your life literally depends on it.
You pay a complete stranger to drive you and you can't even make sure he's awake?
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by thesicilian: 12:04pm On Apr 08
CorrectionFLuid:

Nothing novel.
Just victim blaming as usual.

The day e go reach you, I pray it doesn't, I wonder what people like you would type.
Funny enough your prayers only have effect on you, good or bad. A smart person would understand what I said
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by thesicilian: 12:05pm On Apr 08
Innobee99:
Me I'll take over the steering oooo
Whatever you can do to stay alive
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by highchief1: 12:27pm On Apr 08
thesicilian:

A very preventable death
Passengers should learn to be vigilant while travelling. If you see your driver dozing off, rebuke him or engage him in a light conversation to keep him awake. We should learn to observe our surroundings more instead of being glued to our phones 24/7.
how people take Dey sleep for steering.

1 Like

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by kenmaro: 12:40pm On Apr 08
post=129324767:

Source: https://punchng.com/delta-corper-dies-in-crash-nysc-warns-against-unauthorised-travel/
"NYSC is a one-year national service to give back to the country, and it’s just one year for you to stay in the state you are posted to and do your primary assignment. We always advise corps members not to embark on unnecessary journeys".

I don't quite understand this quoted part: Why should a Nigerian student give back to the country? What assistance did Nigerian government give to the Nigerian students during their course of study whose parents personally suffered to train? The fees were never subsidised neither were no interest loans given?

RIP to the dead young corner. May God grant him an eternal rest 🙏

1 Like

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Chukwuka319(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08
Very unfortunate loss.May his soul rest in peace.
During my NYSC programme of 2022/23, I always travel from Niger state all the way down to the SE without permission from my PPA.
Only once when I started newly in my PPA ,did I write a permission letter to the principal of the school.
I served in Agaie LGA,in Nupeland.
The HOD read my permission letter and asked me " Have you wroten a permission letter before?
😂😂 The word wroten still amuses me till date.
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Originalsly: 12:54pm On Apr 08
geoworldedu:

You don't understand what I'm talking about. NYSC never asked you in any of their forms that you can't travel at will. All they want you to do is your primary assignment. So blaming accident on unauthorized travelling is unnecessary. That's what I'm telling you. Not that I don't know the meaning of the word.

Bro ... we can only take what is posted... and respond to that. So that's what you grabbed?... that he was saying the cause of the accident was unauthorized travel? You be thinking too much outside the box. That's not what he was saying. But I do agree the statement was unnecessary and out of place. That was not the time ... or the place to make such a statement. Back in camp .... yes... it would have been appropriate to make such a statement and let corpers know why.
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by deltaF0SS: 12:54pm On Apr 08
CartelKenneth:
So people still dey do this nysc
Stupid people

...We get choice?
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by stanbright(m): 1:33pm On Apr 08
free2ryhme:

Corpers stay one place during your service year.

It is just for a year you wont die
Shut up
What use is the NYSC?
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by zoomzoom(m): 1:47pm On Apr 08
[quote author=thesicilian post=129324896]

A very preventable death

You missed the kennel in this sad story.
What if the corp member was the lone occupant and thus the driver of the said mercedes vehicle (maybe a YAHOO boy sef)?.
Rip to the dead joor, before i go begin drive rough!!!.
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by free2ryhme: 1:47pm On Apr 08
stanbright:

Shut up
What use is the NYSC?

Make una see clown 🤡 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Arrowss(m): 2:20pm On Apr 08
Unauthorized here and there, NYSC is just using the "Unauthorized" as excuse that doesn't hold water to dodge whatever responsibilities to be carried out to the corps member. So he died because his travel is unauthorized? Is that sensible at all, so death wdnt have killed him if the travelling was authorised, say this one Dg permit am, no kill am, besides, its holiday break, he can't report at PPA till schools resume. Even if no be sch be hin PPA, Waiting concern death with corp member wey dem permit to travel or not. Or say at most NYSC no go allow am go, ok, e mean say e don safe be that if hin no go, na here we dey wey one corps member sleep no wake again.. if person go die and hin time don reach, hin go die, the ones wey their time never reach na the ones wey still dey move about.
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Truvelisback(m): 2:29pm On Apr 08
Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by jaszplus12(m): 2:33pm On Apr 08
thesicilian:

A very preventable death
As a driver myself, I can't just sit without observing the driving style and technique when someone else is behind the wheel!
Years ago it saved my life and 10 others! I had to use my "military" voice to keep the driver sane and safely arrive destination!
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by EbenezerTriumph: 2:36pm On Apr 08
pretydiva:

My father is the biggest idiot. Éwobi

Fixed.
Ashawo get a life
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by BouquiLake: 2:38pm On Apr 08
So if he had been authorised, he wont be involved in any accident? shocked shocked shocked I don't understand

post=129324767:

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Bryan77: 3:07pm On Apr 08
Pls good people of nairaland
Just want to know if d ban of foreign student
Is still on ?
Any idea embarassed
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by pretydiva(f): 3:20pm On Apr 08
EbenezerTriumph:

Fixed.
Ashawo get a life
Is this how low you can get? I did hit a nerve there grin. Change the post for all I care

1 Like

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by EbenezerTriumph: 3:32pm On Apr 08
pretydiva:

Is this how low you can get? I did hit a nerve there grin. Change the post for all I care
you've been on this forum for more than 11 years, yet all your posts from day 1 has always been toxic.
Are you a embittered feminist?
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by pretydiva(f): 4:10pm On Apr 08
EbenezerTriumph:
you've been on this forum for more than 11 years, yet all your posts from day 1 has always been toxic.
Are you a embittered feminist?
Feminist kor,feminist ni. Oshey stalker! Y'all think because it's a faceless forum, you can do as you please. And when you get a response you start crying.

You came on my post and insulted me. What were you expecting? A pat on the back or a warm hug. You should probably learn how to state your opinion without throwing insults.

I dont go about attacking people. You come for me, I come for you. Period!

This is my last response to you. Bye

1 Like

Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Niok: 12:26am On Apr 09
The authorized travels corpers never die for am before?
Re: Ige Adedayo: Delta Corper Dies In Crash, NYSC Warns Against Unauthorised Travel by Yinkusgold: 8:01am On Apr 09
deltaf0ss deltafoss kenmaro Blazetrailer DeltaBachelor CartelKenneth Nawa4nl Sylvell Mercury12 BondRiv Hezmatosky stanbright

All of you above , you have to be reasonable, whenever anything happens around NYSC , first thing you beings of shallow thought spit is scrap NYSC bla bla bla!..... So if it's market woman that died in the accident, ok scrap market, if it's university student scrap university, if it's police man scrap police, if a school of nursing student scrap nursing school? are you guys for real!? Who no dey die? Just tell me!

Yes , if there are areas of danger , warlike zone , they won't put them there....they turn everything as if they have personal issues against NYSC all the time , they follow bandwagon, after all these corps members also serve in their geopolitical zones and also geopolitical zones not far from theirs ..or friendly to them.....common! They even get redeployment letter.

Let's be idealist , some benefits are intangible, even though NYSC still offer some tangible benefits, it also offers intangible benefits .... let's be nationalistic , welcoming , loving in our mindset and do away with sectional , parochial and shallow thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Ondo / Life As A Corper In Maiduguri. (faqs) / NYSC Mobilization Time Table For 2013 Batch 'A'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.