Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,581 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:35 PM

Is Skinny Beautiful? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Is Skinny Beautiful? (9588 Views)

Introducing The Nylon Skinny Wears. New Style Of Going Nakéd (photo / Skinny Jeans On Men: Cool Or Not Cool? / The Ups And The Downs Of A Skinny Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Skinny Beautiful? by bridgitd: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2011
she said skinny isnt beautiful what do you think? http://www.porschnigerians.com/20/post/2011/11/skinnybeautiful.html
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by InkedNerd(f): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2011
The article is POORLY written. My baby cousin could have done a better job.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by jaybee3(m): 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^^
where u been hiding?
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by ElmA1(f): 6:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
Beauty gat nothing to do with body size.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by BABE3: 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2011
ElmA, :

Obesity is beautiful?

@ OP; Yes, "skinny" is beautiful.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by InkedNerd(f): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2011
BABE!:

Obesity is beautiful?

@ OP; Yes, "skinny" is beautiful.

lol grin

jay bee:

^^^
here comes me wifey
where u been hiding?
Coming NY in feb

I've been back for a while now grin
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by 9janinja1(f): 12:36am On Nov 18, 2011
beauty is in the eye of the beerholder , mistake beholder grin. depends some people like skinny girls while others like medium or fat girls depends on the person. the reason skinny is so in right now is because the media says that's whats in vogue. just like they say, straighter hair is in vogue and you see black females who are not blessed with , take needle, thread and a random woman's hair and sow it on.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 18, 2011
There are some clothes u can't just pull off if u have meat. Skinny can makes u look classier!
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by babyboy3(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2011

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Look Men are Guided by what they see, women are Guided by what they feel,

A man is first attracted to he sees then the rest is secondary, so if you look like FREE_WILLY well
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by 75kobo(m): 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2011
9ja-ninja:

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder , mistake beholder grin. depends some people like skinny girls while others like medium or fat girls depends on the person. the reason skinny is so in right now is because the media says that's whats in vogue. just like they say, straighter hair is in vogue and you see black females who are not blessed with , take needle, thread and a random woman's hair and sow it on.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by iykak47: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2011
yes skinny is beautiful but  with complete particulars   wink
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2011
iykak47:

yes skinny is beautiful but  with complete particulars   wink
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by sleekch1c(f): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
@michelin,
Seriously? Me thinks that curvy girls can go wrong in anything! Can someone like kim kardashin or beyonce ŋ☺† look classy in anything?pls dnt give urself hope if U̶̲̥̅̊ re anorexic, balance ur diet and U̶̲̥̅̊ will be fine!
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by sylve11: 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2011
i gat no word to those who believes orobo is beautiful cool
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Elprinz(m): 1:03pm On Nov 18, 2011
sleekch1c:

@michelin,
Seriously? Me thinks that curvy girls can go wrong in anything! Can someone like kim kardashin or beyonce ŋ☺† look classy in anything?pls dnt give urself hope if U re anorexic, balance your diet and U will be fine!

spot on!!
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2011
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
sleekch1c:

@michelin,
Seriously? Me thinks that curvy girls can go wrong in anything! Can someone like kim kardashin or beyonce ŋ☺† look classy in anything?pls dnt give urself hope if U̶̲̥̅̊ re anorexic, balance your diet and U̶̲̥̅̊ will be fine!

Typical of a/an fat/obese girl to call slim girls anorexic. If you have failed to have an attractive body, blame it on yourself not me! wink
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Goldieluks: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
Skinny as in broom stick level? No its not.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by yme1(f): 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2011
^^^^^ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Op
skinny is beautiful with uk size 6/8. anything below that hmmmmmm I don't like undecided
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
If you can call Nollywood actresses attractive, sexy and curvy, why hate on skinny girls?

Oh! Maybe because most of the girls posting here are just like those actresses and the guys are dating girls with that same physique!

Sleekch1k, work out and you'll also have that flat belly you have always wanted and stop hating on slim girls. I also like food (just ate rice and stew, banana, yogurt and chicken nuggets  kiss) but I have chosen not to make it an addiction like you did!
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by InkedNerd(f): 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2011
michelin89:

Typical of a/an fat/obese girl to call slim girls anorexic. If you have failed to have an attractive body, blame it on yourself not me! wink

LOL LOL LOL grin

sleekch1c:

@michelin,
Seriously? Me thinks that curvy girls can go wrong in anything! Can someone like kim kardashin or beyonce ŋ☺† look classy in anything?pls dnt give urself hope if U̶̲̥̅̊ re anorexic, balance your diet and U̶̲̥̅̊ will be fine!

No, Kim Kardasian and Beyonce can't look "classy" in everything. Anyone who opens their mouth and says that a person can look good in anything has only demonstrated that they know[b] NOTHING[/b] about fashion. Because you favor curvier bodies than slimmer bodies doesn't mean that they are better or worse than someone of a slimmer physique. Also, who said anything about being anorexic? Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they are anorexic. Learn to separate those two things. If I look at a curvaceous woman, should I just say she is fat or morbidly obese? You can keep thinking till thy kingdom come that "curvy" women can't go wrong in anything but that doesn't make your statement true. What a slimmer person wears will not look the same as a person a curvier physique, and vise vera. And telling an anorexic to simply "balance their diet" just goes to show how much understanding you lack of the disease. How can you even sit here and tell someone not to give themselves hope?!

baby-boy:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Look Men are Guided by what they see, women are Guided by what they feel,

A man is first attracted to he sees then the rest is secondary, so if you look like FREE_WILLY well

Well what? Just because you may not like someone like that doesn't mean someone else or everyone else won't.

michelin89:

If you can call Nollywood actresses attractive, sexy and curvy, why hate on skinny girls?

Oh! Maybe because most of the girls posting here are just like those actresses and the guys are dating girls with that same physique!

Sleekch1k, work out and you'll also have that flat belly you have always wanted and stop hating on slim girls. I also like food (just ate rice and stew, banana, yogurt and chicken nuggets  kiss) but I have chosen not to make it an addiction like you did!

Good question. I understand that for years, we have been bombarded with images of skinny women being beautiful but that doesn't means because things have changed a bit that it should be a free for all to bash women of a smaller stature. People shouldn't be trying to uplight others and in the same process put others down--it does nothing but create a unnecessary riff. Skinny can be beautiful and so can curvy. I don't see people in society all being so critical of men and their bodies. No one complains when a man gains or loses a few pounds but when a woman does it, all hell breaks loose.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by omoseksi: 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2011
it depends on d kina skinny u r talking abt, some are fine
some are just an eye-saw ewwwwwwwwww,
Wish i cud walk up 2 some of dem and ask wot d problem is exactly, lwkm4ho
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by BABE3: 3:09pm On Nov 18, 2011
michelin89:

Very Typical, my dear. Very typical. The fat/near obese ones are always the ones to shout "Fat is the real deal" "Fat is fabulous" "Fat women are the real women". Bunch of insecure Folks!

Common, will you go and work out and get in shape?!  angry

sleekch1c:

@michelin,
Seriously? [b]Me thinks that curvy girls can go wrong in anything! [/b]Can someone like kim kardashin or beyonce ŋ☺† look classy in anything?pls dnt give urself hope if U̶̲̥̅̊ re anorexic, balance your diet and U̶̲̥̅̊ will be fine!

LoL-- Nah I think not. Like Inked Nerd said, apparently, you know nothing about fashion/high fashion.

Btw, when I said "fat", I meant "unhealthy fat".
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2011
A skinny girl is any thing but beautiful, and useful for every other thing apart from sex, unless of course she's the rare and absolutely desirable 'slim n stacked' or 'top heavy' variety of skinny.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by sleekch1c(f): 3:47pm On Nov 18, 2011
@michelin,
Aren't U̶̲̥̅̊ d sweethrt who was rumoured to look like GEJ and needed a nose job badly?oh well!
@inked and babe! Hahahahahaa, high fashion indeed.honestly, I do think dat those two women have got very hot bodies, abt them being fat,anyone who says so need glasses sha. Abt me ŋ☺† exercising and being obese? Looooooooooool,I'm ₪o where close to dat, I J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ believe curvy women look better in almost anything they wear. By d way,simce wen does being curvy=being fat?If I had to pick d body type I wanted,I wld pick a well curved figure over a pencil and skinny one.
babe and inkerd once again a̶̲̥̅♏ very disappointed in U̶̲̥̅̊ two for dat comments U̶̲̥̅̊ make.maybe nairaland its beginning to take its toll on U̶̲̥̅̊ guys.an apology wld be in order!
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by sleekch1c(f): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2011
@michelin,
I bet U̶̲̥̅̊ read dat list off from the internet. lagos chic who feeds on amala round d clock.have U̶̲̥̅̊ seen M̶̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ belly b4 U̶̲̥̅̊ concluded it needed to be made flat? U̶̲̥̅̊ make me laugh. Madam am-hotter-than-that-miss-nigeria, I like d way U̶̲̥̅̊ defend dat nose on ur face anyway.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Theblessed(f): 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2011
[size=16pt]Is Skinny Beautiful?

Don't you know?  

Do we need to tell you that?  Being moderately slim is not only beautiful but healthy for you. It takes weight/pressure off your heart - preventing your heart from over-working itself - harder than it should.  Doing things in moderation never hurts, does it?  

Have you thought about illness such as, heart failure and stroke that being fat a r s e d can cause?  Obviously not, so get informed - research and learn and let go of this Nigerian ignorant mentality that says, if you fattened the cow it shows wealth and health, really?  undecided undecided undecided
[/size]
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by sleekch1c(f): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2011
^^word!
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by http(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2011
How i wish we can deports all the obese ladies here to naija for the men over there undecided

I don't like skinny girl cos am slim, not skinny but love moderate lady, not fat, not skinny, jus right in the middle, the front intack the defender all right grin grin

Being fat, i mean FATTTT is physically, mentally, emotionally, securitically lipsrsealed sustainably not okay, research show that.

The problem is that most of these ladies are moderate before marriage, after that, the BIG BANG THEORY set in motion in their bodies, ladies please work out pleeeeaaaaassssseeeee.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
@ sleekch1k

Oh u heard! Loving my nose even the more  kiss. And that doesn't change the fact that you are a frustrated fat pot bellied chick who likes to hate on slim chicks.

I needn't see your pic. From your tone of voice, it's sooooo obvious you are envious of slim/skinny chics because in your life time you have never been able to see a desirable body in your mirror! cool
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by sleekch1c(f): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2011
^^hehehehe,d men too! I suggest those ones be deported to mars.I really dnt understand ♈ one,be it a man or a woman should ŋ☺† be mindful of their weight.its simply unacceptable.
Re: Is Skinny Beautiful? by BABE3: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2011
@ sleekch1c: I never said you were obese (I was talking in general), neither did I say "fat=curvy".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips On Buying A Well Fitting Bra / Anita Joseph On The Cover Of Juvenis Magazine. / Ladies,which Of These Mercy Aigbe's Ankara Blouse Would You Rock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.