Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 (32052 Views)

Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market / Naira Continues Recovery, Strengthens To ₦‎950 / How CBN Deliberately Prevents Naira From Appreciating Against Dollar - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by Ulogwe1: 8:24pm On Apr 08
I love this. CBN all hand must be on deck. No more laziness.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by Konquest: 8:26pm On Apr 08
emkz:
Let us remember someone insisted the naira would plunge to 2,000 to a dollar.

Some of his disciples here said his cry was the reason the naira did not crash further.

For those naysayers, the naira appreciated because CBN clamped on speculators, enhanced regulation, kicked out unlicensed operators and sold dollars at their own rate and warned those who resold the dollars to do so at a specified margin or face sanctions.

Guess what? Many people like La.nd.ma.nn are unhappy because they probably lost a lot of money betting against the naira.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:26pm On Apr 08
IMAliyu:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/07/nigerias-fx-reserve-dips-by-1-02-billion-in-18-days-on-cbns-naira-defence/

Still the same thing that I said, nobody sought to report when it rose by over 1b early last month, but they went to report when it lost 1b

Well you didn't know of this because it didn't suit an agenda

2 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by advanceDNA: 8:33pm On Apr 08
iamtoofan:

What factors wink bro you don't really understand these things topic,

i agree FG/Nigeria have to do more, esp. as to more local production
However to a great extent Dangote refinery will save Nigeria a great deal of her foreign reserve, $20billion might be chicken change to you but its all to Nigeria

With a private firm like Dangote in the Mix all that corruption you are hinting at, will be sidelined cos there is no course to inflate or lie

Infact with dangote on board, it is now we will know the true consumption of Nigerians per day

I don't understand this topic??
But u agree?? Sigh!!

No

Dangote will not, to a great extent save us because we have other huge imports and corruption everywhere...dangote will only help a bit...

With private firms like Dangote in the mix??

What has Dangote got to do with CBN corruption on FX dealings with importation....crude oil products is not our only imports naaaaa
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by Ulogwe1: 8:40pm On Apr 08
I love this news. CBN, all hands must be on deck. No more laxity.

God bless Nigerians.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by Goodlady(f): 8:45pm On Apr 08
MetalJigsaw:
I expected you to answer my question
I still buy things at costly rates

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by IamCookie(f): 8:59pm On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

I heard We are not even selling crude oil to the Dangote...the man imports crude oil in dollars from outside

So I heard too. Yesterday's actions often reflect in today's reactions...
Everyone trying to cash out before leaving the stage undecided
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by EnterpriseMan: 9:09pm On Apr 08
Image123:

Lolz, quick question. How much do you wish a dollar to be to naira? Don't act confused now please.
I don't really care how much it is. I'm above the level where it changes how I live my life. I might shrug if prices are high but it won't matter to me.
To answer your question I would prefer if it was below N200 per $ like it was before APC came in.
And you don't act confused now. What do you think the implications of borrowing billions and throwing it into the fx to back the Naira would do.
If you're not familiar with Trading, ask someone who is. I trade for a hobby so I know the implications. When you stop supporting it, it will bounce right back to where it was and the money borrowed to support it becomes close to worthless in a lame man's term.
One of the major issues is BDC. They need to be completely removed. Do you know BDC still sells at $1400? I bought dollars today at N1400 and tge so called rate is N1241. If there's dollars to sell to BDC, why not let the banks sell it directly to the consumers
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:12pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:

I still buy things at costly rates
You see?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by HBB1(m): 9:14pm On Apr 08
EnterpriseMan:

I don't really care how much it is. I'm above the level where it changes how I live my life. I might shrug if prices are high but it won't matter to me.
To answer your question I would prefer if it was below N200 per $ like it was before APC came in.
And you don't act confused now. What do you think the implications of borrowing billions and throwing it into the fx to back the Naira would do.
If you're not familiar with Trading, ask someone who is. I trade for a hobby so I know the implications. When you stop supporting it, it will bounce right back to where it was and the money borrowed to support it becomes close to worthless in a lame man's term.
One of the major issues is BDC. They need to be completely removed. Do you know BDC still sells at $1400? I bought dollars today at N1400 and tge so called rate is N1241. If there's dollars to sell to BDC, why not let the banks sell it directly to the consumers

Report the BDC simple.

Don't be part of the rot!
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by hansomb: 9:15pm On Apr 08
May the stregthning of dollar favour me and my family.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by hansomb: 9:15pm On Apr 08
hansomb:
May the stregthning of naira favour me and my family.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by charlsecy(m): 9:23pm On Apr 08
emkz:
Let us remember someone insisted the naira would plunge to 2,000 to a dollar.
Prediction was based on prevailing circumstances. You can't condemn him after the fact.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by Goodlady(f): 9:23pm On Apr 08
MetalJigsaw:
You see?
I see it. But dollar is now N1200 which is improvement. Hoping it ll crash more and those neighborhood prices ll come down too gradually
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by iamtoofan: 9:40pm On Apr 08
advanceDNA:

I don't understand this topic??
But u agree?? Sigh!!

No

Dangote will not, to a great extent save us because we have other huge imports and corruption everywhere...dangote will only help a bit...

With private firms like Dangote in the mix??

What has Dangote got to do with CBN corruption on FX dealings with importation....crude oil products is not our only imports naaaaa

So many things you said that are wrong which you will rather not admit but shift the goalpost, no one is against upscaling local production

US has trade deficit, yet china with the highest trade surplus is 2nd to US ...you are entitle to your opinion but where they are talking facts please just watch and learn

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by IMAliyu(m): 10:06pm On Apr 08
slimthugchimee2:

Still the same thing that I said, nobody sought to report when it rose by over 1b early last month, but they went to report when it lost 1b

Well you didn't know of this because it didn't suit an agenda
Nobody sought to report when it rose?
What are you trying to argue fam?
That was all over the front page of NL, and bunch news reports.

A simple search could disprove that.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by IMAliyu(m): 10:09pm On Apr 08
garfield1:

The depreciation was artificially induced too
Fair enough
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by christejames(m): 10:14pm On Apr 08
Basic123:

Just like wishing the country and the government evil will not make your stupid candidate the president

Why are you quoting me? Do I look like your father? undecided undecided
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by fortune1968: 10:24pm On Apr 08
Richtaiwo:
Reno has advised hoarders of dollars to sell them out before Dangote refinery products hit the market, but ipob miscreants said Tinubu paid Reno Omokiri to help spread propaganda. This is because any good news about Nigeria always give them diarrhoea, and therefore prefer it isn't true. Let's see how it goes.
Really ,I don't know their problems ,They hate the country that has given them much because Obi lost election and he will lose again should he contest .They don't know how to be diplomatic in relationships and politics

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by fortune1968: 10:28pm On Apr 08
IamCookie:

So I heard too. Yesterday's actions often reflect in today's reactions...
Everyone trying to cash out before leaving the stage undecided
Learn to hear good things . Nigeria gave Dangote crude oil .
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by God2man2again(m): 11:03pm On Apr 08
How do we bring down the prices of goods?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by emkz: 11:05pm On Apr 08
charlsecy:
Prediction was based on prevailing circumstances. You can't condemn him after the fact.

No sensible economist would have made such an uninformed, puerile, uneducated, ignoramus, pig-headed, hare-brained and completely infantile prediction.

What he did is called speculation. There is no sense in it.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by LordAdam16: 11:50pm On Apr 08
karkinase:
#1000 is the last support .. @ this point CBN and speculators will have a huge battle for price next direction.. anyone who wins we will follow

No one will fight the CBN during the intervention.
In financial markets, this phenomenon is called "Don't fight the tape" or "Don't catch a falling knife" or "The market can remain illogical longer than you can remain solvent."
The prevailing trend right now is downward and this is not a free market.
The duel will commence when the CBN does the victory dance after hitting its rate target.

As you'd notice, buyers and sellers in all FX windows rapidly change their prices immediately after every CBN peg.
No one will waste their resources when they know they'd be able to get the $ cheaper by waiting and make bigger profit afterwards.
The US Dollar is backed by $3 TRILLION worth of exports. And Nigeria is an economic basket case.
In the medium term, everyone on this thread will buy $ at above 2500.
Water seeks its own level.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by Niok: 11:59pm On Apr 08
Richtaiwo:
Reno has advised hoarders of dollars to sell them out before Dangote refinery products hit the market, but ipob miscreants said Tinubu paid Reno Omokiri to help spread propaganda. This is because any good news about Nigeria always give them diarrhoea, and therefore prefer it isn't true. Let's see how it goes.
efulefu dn yarn dust as usual
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by Vision101(m): 12:15am On Apr 09
Melagros:
COMRADES and the prices of goods and services remain very high and it will remain so till infinity
For the past two weeks the media had been awashed with this news of naira appreciation, but that did not reduce the price of any commodity in Nigeria. What a shameless and incompetent government?
Nigerians are wicked by nature. When the value of naira depreciated the traders sold their old stock at the current rate then. When the value appreciated the same traders refused to sell at the current rate. Who's fault is it? Government or Nigerians?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by advanceDNA: 12:40am On Apr 09
iamtoofan:

So many things you said that are wrong which you will rather not admit but shift the goalpost, no one is against upscaling local production

US has trade deficit, yet china with the highest trade surplus is 2nd to US ...you are entitle to your opinion but where they are talking facts please just watch and learn

As usual U just came to be condescending .that's all
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by JapaPrince: 12:41am On Apr 09
blacknp:
Hoard your dollars, make we see if you get dollars pass CBN.

Dey go crash the currency, only you go go sell your weak dollars to them.
Been holding dollars as reserve since 2018, best financial decision I ever made. I’m willing to wait even it takes 3 years and I’m buying more. You can sell yours
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by blacknp(m): 2:33am On Apr 09
JapaPrince:

Been holding dollars as reserve since 2018, best financial decision I ever made. I’m willing to wait even it takes 3 years and I’m buying more. You can sell yours
Holding the dollars as a souvenir or what? because in reality, you are not making any sense.

You bought dollars @ 500 last year, it got to 1500 but you didn’t sell, you held it, until it fell back to 1200?

Because if you make your money In dollars, there will be no reason for you to hoard it , since your inflow is regular, weekly or monthly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by pacespot(m): 3:09am On Apr 09
advanceDNA:

Demand for naira is what largely will boost naira in a floating currency system....

...hope u understand that Dangote is not exporting crude oil products to other nations in naira...he's being paid in dollars for his exports ....

If care is not taken...the old man can start to demand for dollars from local market because he imports crude oil in dollars to refine... grin grin grin

His business operation will not significantly boost naira as Reno claimed without the government heavily paying subsidy on the exchange rate as they are doing now......

Thats why they are saying Reno is a paid propaganda spreader.....

Thanks for educating that rotten brain Agbado man wink
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by pacespot(m): 3:24am On Apr 09
It is actually foolish to say Naira is appreciating when it is still trading at above N1000 per $
Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by JapaPrince: 3:27am On Apr 09
blacknp:
Holding the dollars as a souvenir or what? because in reality, you are not making any sense.

You bought dollars @ 500 last year, it got to 1500 but you didn’t sell, you held it, until it fell back to 1200?

Because if you make your money In dollars, there will be no reason for you to hoard it , since your inflow is regular, weekly or monthly?
Save your money in Naira. I will save mine in dollars. Only Time will tell who made the best decision. Peace

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciating Against Dollar, Sell At ₦‎1,100 by Blazetrailer: 4:17am On Apr 09
No markerter imports fuel since June last year. Only NNPCPL does.

Oluwademilade:

Marketers who currently import refined fuel will no longer need to source for $ to import since they can buy from Dangote in naira. If you’re holding $ you better sell now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Can Five Naira Note Buy Nowadays? / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.