Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) (38924 Views)

Peter Obi Prays For Soludo On His 1st Anniversary As Anambra Governor (Photos) / Yusuf Buhari Visits Bala Mohammed, Bauchi State Governor (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu’s Wife Receives One-Day Lagos Governor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 3:16pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:

Can you tell the meaning of Akoko in Edo or Benin language?
Akoko Edo origin are Yorubas. Na Yorubas full there and their local govt.
And if it's to go by history of Benin, na Yorubaland in extension. You can cry Judas. All those stupid stories and blogs they are sharing on social media no remove fact say Oranmiyan is the father of their king. When it's time for Nigeria to split, Edos better be humble or become landlocked. Surrounded by frenemies.
My love you're quoting the wrong guy lol

1 Like

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Slytiger: 3:17pm On Apr 08
Zeezenho:

What are you trying to demonstrate even oduduwa is from edo . yoruba come from benin kingdom through oduduwa a benin prince.
that has been debunked already.

Check out the 5th paragraph from the bottom. Oduduwa coming from Benin is a fabrication concocted by Oba Erediauwa to boost the ego of tiny Edo kingdom.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Slytiger: 3:21pm On Apr 08
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

But according to a lot of uninformed people, there are none Igbo speaking tribes outside of south east?
which people. Everybody knows Asaba people speak Ibo.
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by CCIA: 3:22pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:

They are Yorubas cut by mao inside Edo State.
Hope you are not from Edo.

if you are, I am sure you will be in Italy very soon.
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Slytiger: 3:22pm On Apr 08
Benwems:

Don't mind him. He's most likely yoruba. Most of the people commenting and been happy are yoruba people who were not happy with the way Shaibu fought tinubu boy(oshiomole). So they are happy to see shaibu disgraced. Check most of them, they are not based in Edo.
Yes, Obaski will also become irrelevant.
but Obaseki also fought (Tinubu's boy) Oshiomole? Lol.
Shuabu is not even relevant in the scheme of things.
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Usenokpevbo: 3:23pm On Apr 08
sagitariusbaby:
Akoko-Edo is the third most populous local government in Edo state only less populated than local governments in Benin metropolis. Yes everyone likes Omobayo in Akoko-Edo, APC rigged him out via Oshiomole
It is not the third largest local government,it should be the 5th or 6th. Oredo, Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Ovia north east and Etsako west because of the Urban nature of Auchi should be larger than Akoko Edo

Uniben, Ugbowo, Oluku, Iguosa, Isihor, Okhunwun, Ekosodin are all in Ovia north east

Akoko Edo cannot beat the present Urban nature of Auchi with over 400 thousand people residents there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by fastanddubious(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08
LegendHero:
Yoruba Lokan.

Edo no be Lagos don be Lagos by fire by force.

By the way, no one is screaming democlacy is in danger. If na Sanwoolu impeach him deputy like this, they go don dey cry to UN and CNN.

Nigeria is a nation of hypocrites, that’s why nothing gets done correctly.
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Goodlady(f): 3:26pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

I m from Edo

1 Like

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Slytiger: 3:27pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

so you are are saying all Edo woman are doing ashawo work in Italy. Tribalist Ibo boy.
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08
Greed for power to the point of confrontation with ur boss is not a smart thing to do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by CCIA: 3:29pm On Apr 08
Slytiger:
so you are are saying all Edo woman are doing ashawo work in Italy. Tribalist Ibo boy.
Did I say that?

also, I can never be IPOB. cool
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Goodlady(f): 3:30pm On Apr 08
tollyboy5:

thanks for the correction sir

2 Likes

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by CCIA: 3:30pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:

I m from Edo
congrats in advance on your journey to further your business in Italy grin
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by CCIA: 3:33pm On Apr 08
tollyboy5:

You don the plan to off Goodlady pant abi? cool
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by ObidenceNeckpre: 3:34pm On Apr 08
If Tinubu or South west Governor do this , you children of hate and zpmbiess called Obidients will be shouting impunity upandan . The dictatorship style of Obaseki knows no bound shocked shocked shocked shocked
Localemperor:
Shaibu miscalculated, yesterday he was a Deputy Governor and today he is a nobody in Edo state politics.

We don't immediately get the things we wanted, he should have waited for his time to be the governor, no dey drag with person way pass your power. Ganduje was Kwankwaso's Deputy in 1999-2003. He was patient and waited for when he would be politically viable. And that was 2015...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Donaldoni: 3:35pm On Apr 08
LegendHero:

So what tribe are they?

Edo tribe smiley

1 Like

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by CluelessMODS: 3:35pm On Apr 08
sunsweet33:

South south guys can fine, but for some reason their politicians will just be looking like burnt Akara. Maybe their moral shortcomings are showing in their faces.
Lmao 😂🤣 @ burnt akara...😂😂

1 Like

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Kellie069(m): 3:37pm On Apr 08
ryloy:

They are Yoruba... that is the Yoruba part of Edo State

Which one is Yoruba part of edo state? How akoko edo take be Yoruba part? I agree that they bear Yoruba names and most of the older persons understand Yoruba, but it doesn’t have nothing to do with Yoruba as they don’t speak the same thing! 70% of akoko edo local government don’t have same local dialect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Bimpe29: 3:39pm On Apr 08
As one man is falling another man is rising.

Congratulations Mr Deputy Governor!

1 Like

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by tnerro1(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08
Na where Shaibu go see money take hold press conference now?
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 3:40pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

You don the plan to off Goodlady pant abi? cool
grin I dey follow normal process Na.
I no be ashawo like u tongue tongue
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by CCIA: 3:42pm On Apr 08
tollyboy5:

grin I dey follow normal process Na.
I no be ashawo like u tongue tongue
Any way na still to off Goodlady pant. cool

She dey Asokoro cool
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

Any way na still to off Goodlady pant. cool

She dey Asokoro cool
shocked I don dey suspect you.
You don sabi too much. My last days 4 ABJ Na 2002 garki then lol.
Make I follow her talk
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by CCIA: 3:58pm On Apr 08
tollyboy5:

shocked I don dey suspect you.
You don sabi too much. My last days 4 ABJ Na 2002 garki then lol.
Make I follow her talk

Me na this kind thing I wan do Goodlady

cool

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by landon(m): 4:00pm On Apr 08
Politics sha.
This guy is the LP leader in akoko Edo and was it's house of rep candidate in the last election.
As of last week, he was campaigning for akpata as governor and holding out to be his deputy.

1 Like

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Azzik: 4:02pm On Apr 08
fergie001:
38-year old Omobayo Godwin sworn-in as the new Deputy-Governor of Edo State.

The swearing-in ceremony took place at the Festival Hall of the Government House in Benin-City with friends, well-wishers, traditional leaders, party faithfuls and Governor Obaseki seated present.
Shaibu was just too stubborn, serve him right... you can't fight with your principal and come out victorious...the executive is very powerful unlike a deputy governor.
He forgot that every power he has is given to him by his boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by seunowa(f): 4:04pm On Apr 08
[quote author=LegendHero post=129331165]

Is Akoko Edo a tribe name? [/quo
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Menclothing1: 4:05pm On Apr 08
Nothing u wan tell me this Yoruba clan big oooo
They reach kwara Kogi Edo delta and 2 neighboring countries

1 Like

Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by Menclothing1: 4:07pm On Apr 08
Kellie069:

Which one is Yoruba part of edo state? How akoko edo take be Yoruba part? I agree that they bear Yoruba names and most of the older persons understand Yoruba, but it doesn’t have nothing to do with Yoruba as they don’t speak the same thing! 70% of akoko edo local government don’t have same local dialect

They speak same language with AkokoOndo
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by TYCO77: 4:08pm On Apr 08
[color=#000099][/color]
Fiscus105:

Even you urself miscalculated, going by ur own analysis.

By this time of next four years, both Obaseki and Shaibu would not be relevant in Edo politics
, not to talk of 8 years. (Sitting gov would ensure nobody except him is relevant in politics) Immediately you slip out of power, almost impossible to be relevant, not even deputy that has little or no power wen he is in govt.

Tinubu case is rare and it happens once in 100 cases!( You can see how Wike wants to replicate it in Rivers. I also biliv you are seeing the attendance effects)

You are correct, in addition, I think Asiwaju Tinubu succeeded in monopolizing Lagos state political power due to his influence, being the founder and sole financier of the then ACN in Lagos state and other South-West states.
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by DJInfluence: 4:09pm On Apr 08
No time or power to chook mouth for big men their fight and greed.
At the end of the day, they are all living in opulence.
Re: Omobayo Marvellous Godwin Sworn-in As Edo Deputy-Governor (Photos) by sagitariusbaby(m): 4:13pm On Apr 08
Usenokpevbo:
It is not the third largest local government,it should be the 5th or 6th. Oredo, Egor, Ikpoba Okha, Ovia north east and Etsako west because of the Urban nature of Auchi should be larger than Akoko Edo

Uniben, Ugbowo, Oluku, Iguosa, Isihor, Okhunwun, Ekosodin are all in Ovia north east

Akoko Edo cannot beat the present Urban nature of Auchi with over 400 thousand people residents there
figures don't lie, go ahead and check the previous year figures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangote, Otedola & Ovia At A Meeting With Buhari Today (Pictures) / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Rotimi Amaechi For Denying Kidnappers' Attack / Biafra: Dutch Lawyers File Complaint Against Buhari At The Hague - Reuters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.