Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike (12663 Views)

Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action / Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike, Blackout Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by HugoBoss10(m): 4:01pm On Apr 08
These are the real insiders who had the first hand information about government insincerity on the whole matter.
Who knows what they knew that we didn't know grin grin grin
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Callosobruchus: 4:09pm On Apr 08
When I heard that the increment would only affect band A customers(i.e customers with power supply of 20 hours and above in a day I wasn't that worried,but do you know what?There has been an instant,massive improvement in power supply for the past three days in my area.What are they trying to do?Turn me to a band A customer?
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Innomach(m): 4:12pm On Apr 08
oluwaseyi0:

Why are people now crying over the increase ?
Seems this compliant against the increase is more political than sensible

Wait until it hits you. And I hope you are rich enough to shoulder the high bills
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by blacknp(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08
Innomach:

And this is the second regime after PDP/Jonathan. Yet, unable to review or revoke the concession. But passing the suffering to the masse's.... If you still believe that there are much difference between politicians, then you must be very naive.
Yes o, those so called Nigerian politicians, whether Federal, State, or Local Government are just a reflection of you Nigerian on Nairaland, you are all the same, no difference.

Charcoal pot, calling electric kettle black.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by enemyofprogress: 4:34pm On Apr 08
blowjohn:

Band G grin grin
band G is very very sheep

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Luckki1001(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08
Honestey:
I don't understand these people o, shouldn't you be happy about this? You stand to reap more income and increment in salary. When did you take over from Ajaero?

They stand to gain nothing. Problem is, the increment does not impact on their salary. No allowances or staff benefits to help the average electricity worker who is billed the same thing as the average Nigerian, so now, the thing dey pinch everybody seriously, including them. I have some of them as my friends, both junior and senior cadre, and they are all complaining vehemently.

Lastly, NEPA is now secretly profiling areas that don't even have 5mins light as being under Band A and charging them the new price and the affected people are not even saying anything. It is well.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Patojargz: 4:43pm On Apr 08
Ezehillary:
Obi must learn a lesson

Na Obi b topic? Oboi many of ona no well oh!!!
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by blowjohn(m): 4:44pm On Apr 08
enemyofprogress:
band G is very very sheep

😂😂Lil
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Bluntemperor: 5:03pm On Apr 08
Luckki1001:

They stand to gain nothing. Problem is, the increment does not impact on their salary. No allowances or staff benefits to help the average electricity worker who is billed the same thing as the average Nigerian, so now, the thing dey pinch everybody seriously, including them. I have some of them as my friends, both junior and senior cadre, and they are all complaining vehemently.
Lastly, NEPA is now secretly profiling areas that don't even have 5mins light as being under Band A and charging them the new price and the affected people are not even saying anything. It is well.

•That is the problem you analysed there,when those in other Bands will be cajoled as using A Grade Bank and is not true and is the Corruption we are talking about!
•Who will help them out ?
•Why should we allow Discoss, especially - Eko &IKEJA (IKD)- to be Switching Off and ON- every day for 365- Days!
-It is doubtful,if the Power Minister,who was sold this Falsehoods to,can deliver Nigeria, from this Darkness!
-When ALL this Disco Executives travel outside- Nigeria- do they see lights going off and on in 21st- Century !
Very Shameful Indeed!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by jude79(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08
Electricity subsidy, gone!!
Petroleum subsidy, gone!!
Education subsidy, gone!!
All subsidies gone
Tax to the rooftop
Cost of living, to the rooftop

Minimum wage, unchange
Common man's earning power, destroyed

It essence the aim of having a government
Completely defeated

Government of nigeria under Apc
Is a burden

In definition, the Apc government is a useless setup comprising of useless parasites, headed by a capon, leaching on the body of nigerians and sucking their blood, as fast as they can.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Realtord43: 6:14pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:
All of you should getat. Light that's not regular.
I v spent over N200K on fuel & gen this year. Without a sugar daddy.
I m now used to life without electricity.
stop defaming and spamming Nairàland with this image.
What your motivation with this pic you always post here? Be a responsible girl and act nice while in public domain
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Goodlady(f): 7:03pm On Apr 08
Realtord43:
What your motivation with this pic you always post here? Be a responsible girl and act nice while in public domain
Yes sir!

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by CCIA: 7:12pm On Apr 08
Realtord43:

You like Goodlady to use this one? cool

did you notice how her bra is trying to suppress the opinion of her boobies? cool

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by caracas: 7:25pm On Apr 08
oluwaseyi0:
300% on band A is high

They should have done

150% on A, 75% on B, 50 on C and 25 on D rather than all the increase on A

Though most band A user are elite citizen they mostly can afford it so far there is light
Who told you most of the band A users are elites?
I work in Victoria island and we are under band b but where I live in agodo, off ikotun road we are grouped under band A…
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Exceed15: 7:28pm On Apr 08
Tinubu is so useless. Everything falling apart under his watch.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by oluwaseyi0: 7:42pm On Apr 08
caracas:

Who told you most of the band A users are elites?
I work in Victoria island and we are under band b but where I live in agodo, off ikotun road we are grouped under band A…

How many hours of light do you have on a regular day
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Goodlady(f): 7:51pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

You like Goodlady to use this one? cool

did you notice how her bra is trying to suppress the opinion of her boobies? cool
I ll petition DSS if you post my pic again

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by torqque7(m): 8:18pm On Apr 08
It will favour me and my family idiots hope you all tariffs are far cheaper as APC devotees?lol modafuckers
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Laboosh(m): 9:51pm On Apr 08
[quote author=oluwaseyi0 post= Bro you are right. I’m on band A the burden is much aswear, though there is 24hrs light but there should be equity so far other citizens on other plans don’t complain if they are enjoying as well as others.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by rapheal5(m): 10:43pm On Apr 08
bigsmoke2:
The tariff hike is madness. Amenities like power/healthcare etc should be funded with government revenue but when you budget so much for frivolities like 4 billion for renovation of vice presidents house where osinbajo stayed and did not die , 500milion for yacht , 2 billion for renovation of presidential wing of dodan barracks in Lagos when seat of government is in Abuja etc you have little to fund capital projects like power. Then you Push the masses under the buses of PPP funded by capitalist business who are out to make unholy profit which drives up the cost of such services at the end of the end users.
You are wrong but the rich and poor are on band A, make your research most rural area with less population are mostly on band A.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by StarRida: 11:48pm On Apr 08
Una nefa chee chumtim una aice go clear chuun
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by tete7000(m): 12:40am On Apr 09
GenderMix:
Why do we have different bands categories since the people are metered. Wether they get power or not, they pay according to the readings on the meter. Same applies to postpaid. There's no sense in separating it

Because the people in govt are corrupt and they enrich themselves from corruption. They refused to give people meters but want to reap higher proceeds from estimated billing. Does anywhere in Nigeria enjoy up to 20hrs of electricity? Its just a gimmick to increase tariff through the back door.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Iamanoited: 6:26am On Apr 09
WHAT A THINKLESS HIKE?
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by caracas: 8:34am On Apr 09
oluwaseyi0:

How many hours of light do you have on a regular day
During Gej n buhari’s regime we usually go two to three days or more without any interruptions but since tinubu took over it’s being dangling between 8 to 15 hrs a day….
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by oluwaseyi0: 8:39am On Apr 09
caracas:

During Gej n buhari’s regime we usually go two to three days or more without any interruptions but since tinubu took over it’s being dangling between 8 to 15 hrs a day….

2 to 3 days no interruption, wawu

You people are the real first class Nigerians

Hope during those period you are still not following them to shout Nigeria is bad, bla bla bla because Nigeria is good to you

Hopefully they will take you back to the glorious days of no interruption even though it comes at a premium price
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by AcrylicProperty(f): 8:47pm On Apr 09
Well, the new Eletrician tariff is the reality we just have to live with now especially in the wake of this subsidy removal dispensation.

And for you reading this, your best is yet to come guys...

Reach out to us for the best of genuine & verified properties with a reputable Real Estate company that delivers. Read more on our signature below here 👇to leverage the current promo and contact the number.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diezani Allison Madueke Skipped Nysc / 4000 Policemen Deployed To Nasarawa As Buhari Visits / Peter Obi Donates Computers, Printers, Generator Set To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.