Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike (12676 Views)

Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action / Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike, Blackout Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Neddstark: 2:48pm On Apr 08
oluwaseyi0:
300% on band A is high

They should have done

150% on A, 75% on B, 50 on C and 25 on D rather than all the increase on A

Though most band A user are elite citizen they mostly can afford it so far there is light

Band A na everybody for urban area oo. Whether you rich or poor

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by ezenna191(m): 2:53pm On Apr 08
Please you guys should help poor Nigerians. We don't know if Labour has been settled or compromised.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by oluwaseyi0: 2:53pm On Apr 08
Neddstark:

Band A na everybody for urban area oo. Whether you rich or poor

You mean most people in urban areas enjoy 20-24 electricity per day

In Lagos as far as I personally know most of Yaba, shomolu, bariga , ojuelegba and it's environs are on band C

The whole of magodo estate are in band A

Irawo, owode along ikorodu are mostly on band B (trust me this people have made amount of light)

Yet to see a band A person that is not living in high brow area, I may be wrong sha
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by GenderMix: 2:56pm On Apr 08
Why do we have different bands categories since the people are metered. Wether they get power or not, they pay according to the readings on the meter. Same applies to postpaid. There's no sense in separating it
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by ClearFlair: 3:00pm On Apr 08
Honestey:
I don't understand these people o, shouldn't you be happy about this? You stand to reap more income and increment in salary. When did you take over from Ajaero?

What sort of selfish thinking is that. So because they can get higher salaries, the majority should continue suffering. This is the problem with most Nigerians. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by enemyofprogress: 3:01pm On Apr 08
Let's go there.

Seun I hope this new tarrif will not make you to start charging us on nairaland? Me I no get money. Anyways, Mynd44 go dey subscribe for me

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by blowjohn(m): 3:03pm On Apr 08
Thunder fire them if they go on that strike!

The government shud increase the tarrifs again sef!!!!
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by ericmor: 3:03pm On Apr 08
Honestey:
I don't understand these people o, shouldn't you be happy about this? You stand to reap more income and increment in salary. When did you take over from Ajaero?

You should know there is more to it. May be another way for them to cash out
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by blowjohn(m): 3:05pm On Apr 08
enemyofprogress:
Let's go there.

Seun I hope this new tarrif will not make you to start charging us on nairaland? Me I no get money. Anyways, Mynd44 go dey subscribe for me

Nairaland no dey band A
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by ericmor: 3:05pm On Apr 08
enemyofprogress:
Let's go there.

Let him try it and see how nairaland will crash right in his own face

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by blowjohn(m): 3:07pm On Apr 08
ClearFlair:

What sort of selfish thinking is that. So because they can get higher salaries, the majority should continue suffering. This is the problem with most Nigerians. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

grin cheesy grin cheesy

I hope they increase the tarrifs again.

Our sense never return yet.

Even common 3rd party insurance for motor una no protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Verbtips(m): 3:09pm On Apr 08
225 times 20hours times 30 days equal to 135,000 mimimum wage 30,000
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by ericmor: 3:09pm On Apr 08
ezenna191:
Please you guys should help poor Nigerians. We don't know if Labour has been settled or compromised.

Nobody is helping anybody anymore in Nigeria, it's operation fight for yourself. Nigerians are not worth dying for because they are weak
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by capnies: 3:10pm On Apr 08
oluwaseyi0:

You mean most people in urban areas enjoy 20-24 electricity per day

In Lagos as far as I personally know most of Yaba, shomolu, bariga , ojuelegba and it's environs are on band C

The whole of magodo estate are in band A

Irawo, owode along ikorodu are mostly on band B (trust me this people have made amount of light)

Yet to see a band A person that is not living in high brow area, I may be wrong sha

BAND A IS THE SO CALL FEDERAL LINE; ITS FOR THE RICH.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by enemyofprogress: 3:13pm On Apr 08
blowjohn:

Nairaland no dey band A
na which band seun put am?
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by capnies: 3:14pm On Apr 08
Verbtips:
225 times 20hours times 30 days equal to 135,000
mimimum wage

That's not how to calculate it.
What you just did is if you consume 1kw/hr
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by enemyofprogress: 3:16pm On Apr 08
ericmor:

Let him try it and see how nairaland will crash right in his own face
are you sure. Some people go pay o.
You pay to subscribe, you pay to post threads and you'll also pay to be unbanned, if you're banned.

See as I just dey give seun business ideas free of charge
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by CCIA: 3:24pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:
All of you should getat. Light that's not regular.
I v spend over N200K on fuel & gen this year. Without a sugar daddy.
I m now used to life without electricity.
which one are you staying with in Asokoro?

because I often see you there? grin
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Verbtips(m): 3:24pm On Apr 08
capnies:

That's not how to calculate it. What you just did is if you consume 1kw/hr
ok lemme break it down how many house hold have electricity meter to measure the kw of electricity used secondly what is nigeria gov sub for their citizen
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by faceland: 3:27pm On Apr 08
They x3 the cost, so now they give us 1/3 of the light and still make their profit.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by oluwaseyi0: 3:29pm On Apr 08
capnies:

BAND A IS THE SO CALL FEDERAL LINE; ITS FOR THE RICH.

Why are people now crying over the increase ?
Seems this compliant against the increase is more political than sensible
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by oluwaseyi0: 3:30pm On Apr 08
faceland:
They x3 the cost, so now they give us 1/3 of the light and still make their profit.

Are you in band A? Do you currently get 20-24 hours light a day? If not you are not affected
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Goodlady(f): 3:30pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

which one are you staying with in Asokoro?

because I often see you there? grin
Come to Wuse 2 this afternoon.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by CCIA: 3:31pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:

Come to Wuse 2 this afternoon.
Diamond Junction?

is that where you normally stand for business? grin
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Goodlady(f): 3:33pm On Apr 08
CCIA:

Diamond Junction?

is that where you normally stand for business? grin
Keke must jam you this week. You this werey boy!

Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by CCIA: 3:35pm On Apr 08
Goodlady:

Keke must jam you this week. You this werey boy!
Talk price here so that when I come carry you, na just for you to off pant make i inspect first then proceed if conditions are ok cool
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by faceland: 3:37pm On Apr 08
oluwaseyi0:

Are you in band A? Do you currently get 20-24 hours light a day? If not you are not affected

Since they announced it, I coincidentally get 4 to 6 hours daily. Things are getting worse.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Innomach(m): 3:47pm On Apr 08
Honestey:

Discos are owned by briefcases individuals who are only there milking Nigerians and government. The regular men and women you see carrying ladders in your street are more or less like their errand boys who has little or Nothing to gain from the increment. Yet, they will be the ones to bear the brunt from angry Nigerians.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by blacknp(m): 3:47pm On Apr 08
Honestey:
The mumus will go on strike, who will suffer, government or the consumers?

Everyone go just wan feel relevant.
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by blacknp(m): 3:49pm On Apr 08
Innomach:

Discos are owned by briefcases individuals who are only there milking Nigerians and government. The regular men and women you see carrying ladders in your street are more or less like their errand boys who has little or Nothing to gain from the increment.
Who sold it to them on November 7th 2013, no be Pdp & Jonathan?
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by blowjohn(m): 3:58pm On Apr 08
enemyofprogress:
na which band seun put am?

Band G grin grin
Re: Electricity Workers Fault Tariff Hike, Threaten Strike by Innomach(m): 4:01pm On Apr 08
blacknp:
Who sold it to them on November 7th 2013, no be Pdp & Jonathan?

And this is the second regime after PDP/Jonathan. Yet, unable to review or revoke the concession. But passing the suffering to the masse's.... If you still believe that there are much difference between politicians, then you must be very naive.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Nigeria Lost N2.5b To Fake Ceasefire Brokered By Presidential Aides In Chad / Rivers APC: Supreme Court To Rule On Three Other Pending Appeals / Atiku, PDP Seek Tribunal’s Permission To Inspect Inec’s Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.