Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,551 members, 7,819,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment (359 Views)

We’ll Fight You Till Death – Wike’s GDI Turns Against Him, Backs Fubara / Fubara Must Go: Wike's Men Restrategjse, Insist On Impeachment Of Rivers Gov / Godwin Obaseki Congratulates Philip Shaibu On His 54th Birthday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by Ofunaofu: 3:28pm On Apr 08
The embattled Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu has rejected his impeachment by the state House of Assembly, describing it as illegal.

DAILY POST earlier reported that the assembly impeached Shaibu on Monday following reports by Justice S.A.Omonua,- led seven-man panel investigating the impeachment petition against the deputy governor.

The panel in its reports said the allegation of perjury was not proven beyond reasonable doubt by the complainant against the Deputy governor while that of disclosure of government official documents was proven beyond reasonable doubt against the Deputy Governor.

Reacting to his impeachment, Shaibu in a broadcast shared on his official X handle, vowed to seek redress, saying “We will fight this injustice with every strength in us for the sake of Edo State and the future of Democracy”.

He said, “I denounce in the strongest terms the illegal impeachment by the Edo State House of Assembly. This is not just an attack on me as an individual but on our very democratic principles.

“It is a threat to the foundation of our democracy. Let it be clear that this impeachment came because of my ambition to contest the 2023 Edo State Governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party PDP.

“An ambition that is a legal right to all citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“It is a sad reality that those in power seem to silence opposition through illegitimate means. I have dedicated my love to serving the good people of Edo State with integrity and honesty”.

The former Deputy Governor alleged that the members of the State Assembly had “chosen to forsake their oath of office and participated” in his impeachment.

He said history “will judge you harshly for your betrayal of people who elected you to represent them”.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/08/well-fight-this-injustice-philip-shaibu-on-impeachment/
Re: BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by Slytiger: 3:35pm On Apr 08
Oga go rest. Before you complete court case, another administration would have been sworn in.
Re: BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by Bigboytinz: 3:42pm On Apr 08
Slytiger:
Oga go rest. Before you complete court case, another administration would have been sworn in.
he doesn't need the position again. He just wants to prove a point and you know cancel that impeachment by having a clean record
Re: BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by Slytiger: 3:48pm On Apr 08
Bigboytinz:
he doesn't need the position again. He just wants to prove a point and you know cancel that impeachment by having a clean record
Lol okay o. Lawyers must chop
Re: BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by blacknp(m): 3:53pm On Apr 08
Ofunaofu:
The embattled Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu has rejected his impeachment by the state House of Assembly, describing it as illegal.

DAILY POST earlier reported that the assembly impeached Shaibu on Monday following reports by Justice S.A.Omonua,- led seven-man panel investigating the impeachment petition against the deputy governor.

The panel in its reports said the allegation of perjury was not proven beyond reasonable doubt by the complainant against the Deputy governor while that of disclosure of government official documents was proven beyond reasonable doubt against the Deputy Governor.

Reacting to his impeachment, Shaibu in a broadcast shared on his official X handle, vowed to seek redress, saying “We will fight this injustice with every strength in us for the sake of Edo State and the future of Democracy”.

He said, “I denounce in the strongest terms the illegal impeachment by the Edo State House of Assembly. This is not just an attack on me as an individual but on our very democratic principles.

“It is a threat to the foundation of our democracy. Let it be clear that this impeachment came because of my ambition to contest the 2023 Edo State Governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party PDP.

“An ambition that is a legal right to all citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“It is a sad reality that those in power seem to silence opposition through illegitimate means. I have dedicated my love to serving the good people of Edo State with integrity and honesty”.

The former Deputy Governor alleged that the members of the State Assembly had “chosen to forsake their oath of office and participated” in his impeachment.

He said history “will judge you harshly for your betrayal of people who elected you to represent them”.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/08/well-fight-this-injustice-philip-shaibu-on-impeachment/
Just like you have been judged, useless Judas.
Re: BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by ivolt: 3:55pm On Apr 08
It is too late.
The highest he will get is court victory after Obaseki's tenure is over.
Re: BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by Chinjo2: 4:33pm On Apr 08
Baba go and sit down.
Who no know Philip now go dey pity for am.

DVD and Jareth Tenebe. The much awaited day has finally come.
Philip Shaibu is now and ordinary citizen of Edo state.
Jareth go and collect back the rolex watch that you said Shaibu stole from you and DVD go and collect the 6 million Shaibu extorted from you when he illegally impounded your truck with it's product.
Re: BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by slivertongue: 4:39pm On Apr 08
sadly you remain impeached till the end of the term you were elected
Re: BREAKING: We’ll Fight This Injustice – Philip Shaibu On Impeachment by fergie001: 5:18pm On Apr 08

(1)

Funny But True. / Anti -GEJ Be Like / Buhari Poised To Win APC Presidential Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.