Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Sustainable Business Ideas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sustainable Business Ideas (2314 Views)

25 Small Scale Business Ideas In Nigeria / Three Ways To Start Earning A Sustainable Income Within The Next 24 Hours. / Business Ideas For Nigerian In UK With Contacts In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sustainable Business Ideas by rajiade: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2011
helo forumites, Please i need sincere advice and suggestion as regards sustainable business/investment one could start, expand and make a living out of it.

Thanks
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by rajiade: 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2011
@toptic, tanx 4 your response.
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
From your post, i will suggest you start a desktop publishing business designing and printing business cards, flyers and posters for your locality. You can then progress to multimedia and other things depending on your skills.
Just start from somewhere.
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by LagBlogger(m): 2:56am On Nov 18, 2011
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:08am On Nov 18, 2011
its ok
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by rajiade: 6:35am On Nov 18, 2011
Thanks All.
@donchippy, nice idea.
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by rajiade: 6:38am On Nov 18, 2011
I welcome more ideas and suggestions please.
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 18, 2011
With your p.c, 50k is more than enough to start from home. You don't even need a shop to start.
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by rajiade: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2011
still hoping to get more suggestions please.
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by page9(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2011
I feel you especially when things are not working as anticipated.
I suggest you narrow your choice of biz down to
A) Would you like to go into manufacturing / production of goods?
B) Would you prefer to go into trading(buying & selling)?
C) Would you like to offer services?
Which of these areas would you prefer to explore if you could have it your way?
Do you like marketing? Have you any experience in mktg? These questions will guide me to give you appropriate advice.
I was once like you, way back in 1997. Though, I eventually got the job with a computer firm in Ilupeju then. I soon realised I was not happy with the job, despite the pay I had to resign in 2001 to start my own business.
10 years after I am happy I took that decision. It has not been easy but I am always grateful to God for the grace whenever I meet some of my old colleagues still struggling with life.
Now, I have over 70 pple on my pay roll. I am not there yet because success is a journey not destination.
I cannot and will not offer you any help beyond the sharing of knowledge, it's left for you to turn the knowledge to money and be ready to make necessary sacrifices in financial discipline and management when the money start coming
Wish you best of luck
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by rajiade: 5:39am On Nov 25, 2011
@page9
thanks for your concern. In response to ur questions, i would prefer the manufaturing/production or offering of service. Dont realy like trading in any form. Havent been involvd in marketing befor, but i belive if i want to do it, i would do well in it.
Thanx
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by page9(m): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
The truth is, you will have to know a bit of all. You must be a good trader to be a sucessful manufacturer.

The real challenge is that to be a manufacturer of any Fast Moving Consumer Goods 3(FMCG) you probably have to deal with NAFDAC. Setting up smallest NAFDAC standard factory will gulp millions.

The only product I am aware you can produce without worrying about NAFDAC is paints (emulsion,anti-rust etc)
If you do not have "enough or sufficient resources (Money inclusive), then it might be wise to start with trading or offering services and after savings and experience in those areas, you can launch into production.
The services are usually easier to set up than trading while trading are far easier than manufacturing.
FYI, Dangote started from trading cement before he went into
its manufacturing.

His knowledge of the distribution gave him an advantage when he started the cement production.

If you have enough money, you may simply go into beverages or even pure water.
Forget about competition, if the population is within ur areaa, all you need is a good truck and reliable staff.
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by rajiade: 6:32am On Nov 30, 2011
@page9. thanks bro, really appreciate
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by Thethy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2011
Grasscutter farming,for more detail talk to us @ THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, Tel: 08023050835 , 07033632285.

Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by Thethy(m): 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2012
Re: Sustainable Business Ideas by Thethy(m): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2012

(1) (Reply)

20 Lucrative Businesses You Can Start In Nigeria With Low Capital / Lalasticlala Make A Nigeria Group Proud Please! / How Many Hours Do You Work A Day? A Lesson From Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.