Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,720 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat (8231 Views)

Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat / Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations / Jubril Gawat: What The Yaba Train Station Will Look Look When Finished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Lanrelagboi: 6:06am On Apr 09
Posted By Jubril Gawat, Senior Speacial Assistant (New Media) To Lagos State Governor, Sanwo-Olu

I remember when we introduced them (1st May 2023) and so many people said it will breakdown on 3rd Mainland Bridge, It will be a year by next month and it has been a huge success story so far. We are bringing in a lot more of the electric buses soon. In fact, people want to enter it more than the regular BRT buses. Adupe ti oro awon ‘ota’ o she lori wa 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Previous threads
https://www.nairaland.com/7721928/all-need-know-lagos-electric

https://www.nairaland.com/7717578/lagos-electric-brt-buses-begin

https://www.nairaland.com/7672794/pictures-more-information-new-lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/7672431/sanwo-olu-unveils-electric-buses-lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/7668769/lagos-oando-take-delivery-first

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Lanrelagboi: 6:07am On Apr 09
The electric Buses were launched in May 2023 as a test

THREAD: Governor of Lagos State, Mr @jidesanwoolu and @Oando_PLC announced the arrival of the first set of electric buses in Lagos, plenty questions popped up. I went to the Lagos Bus Services Limited (@Lbslng) Office, Oshodi to explore the buses myself. 

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1652944281194168320?t=xetryMEH_JIMhw2ru5H1pQ&s=19

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Juliusganduje: 6:14am On Apr 09
With Niger Delta oil money
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by KIDfurniture(m): 6:21am On Apr 09
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:22am On Apr 09
Juliusganduje:

ND inside Nigeria, the % that is due to every oil states had been stated in the Constitution if you aren't agreed with it request for more through appropriate channels

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by helinues: 6:23am On Apr 09
Juliusganduje:

Are Niger Delta people forbidden of replicating something better than this upon the monthly Oyel money they have been receiving.

Bayelsa state with just 3m population, what wonders in terms of development is happening there?

Make una continue to dey blame others for your woes, na typical pattern of a failure

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by MorolayoVictor(m): 6:24am On Apr 09
Do you know they have increased the electricity bill?
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Kadejo(m): 6:25am On Apr 09
Perfect !
But wait, with the increased tariff in electricity, won't that be a recurring reflection of price hike?
Abi the buses are solar powered ni?

1 Like

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Sheuns(m): 6:27am On Apr 09
Some govt officials talk like what I don’t understand.

If people said the buses would breakdown on the road or it’ll have terrible maintenance, it’s simply because they’ve seen what was done with the previous ones (non electric) that’s been bought.

What’s oju ti awon ota, when people were only pointing out poor maintenance culture of anything that belongs to the government. Even though monies are budgeted for these maintenance it still isn’t used for that purpose.

Just do your work and leave otas alone.

To the tribal bigots forming attache to Lagos. None of you, I repeat none of you is more of a bonafide lagosian than I am. If you’re confident that you can point to your fathers family in Lagos state, mention the family name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Juliusganduje: 6:28am On Apr 09
helinues:

Are Niger Delta people forbidden of replicating something better than this upon the monthly Oyel money they have been receiving.

Bayelsa state with just 3m population, what wonders in terms of development is happening there?

Make una continue to dey blame others for your woes, na typical pattern of a failure
What are you saying?
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by babaRUNtinz(m): 6:31am On Apr 09
If it can be charged with power bank sha
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Khyrvxjzy: 6:31am On Apr 09
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by BluntCrazeMan: 6:32am On Apr 09
Ok naa
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by StOla: 6:33am On Apr 09
Juliusganduje:
What are you saying?

He is telling you that nothing stops the NigerDelta from also developing as any other state that has received allocations owing to government revenue from NigerDelta oil.

What is also stopping the NigerDelta states from improving in their IGR performance?

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by ryloy: 6:34am On Apr 09
Put picture of electric buses moderator....he was reacting to a post, can't we see it

1 Like

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Richtaiwo: 6:36am On Apr 09
Those people who hid under endsars to burn brt buses should be placed under close surveillance. Because this development go really pain dem.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Inspirer1: 6:36am On Apr 09
Fix more roads, let it be smoother
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by bennybuhari: 6:51am On Apr 09
Mr Jags the Commissioner for Information in Lagos
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Angelfrost(m): 6:51am On Apr 09
Juliusganduje:

What you should be really concerned about is what Niger Delta does with Niger Delta oil money... What exactly have your governors, elders, and youth leaders been doing with the oil money for decades now?!!

Last time I checked, those producing the oil get the largest chunk (I believe over 13%) of the revenue generated...!

If other states getting less than 5% are doing wonders with theirs, what is the excuse for Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, etc?!!

Why are your states less developed than Lagos and Kano?!!

Demand answers... Look inwards rather than outwards.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Hespee93: 6:52am On Apr 09
Sheuns:
Some govt officials talk like what I don’t understand.

If people said the buses would breakdown on the road or it’ll have terrible maintenance, it’s simply because they’ve seen what was done with the previous ones (non electric) that’s been bought.

What’s oju ti awon ota, when people were only pointing out poor maintenance culture of anything that belongs to the government. Even though monies are budgeted for these maintenance it still isn’t used for that purpose.

Just do your work and leave otas alone.

He referring to people like who is allegic to good news and good development.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by princepee: 6:55am On Apr 09
cool oga gawat the ones you introduced last year is nowhere to be found oo.
About one or two use to run from ikorodu to oshodi, now they are no more.
From CMS to ikorodu is another story entirely

4 Likes

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Babangidapikin: 6:58am On Apr 09
Must you acquire,can't you built....You have virtually all the components needed to built one in Nigeria.... You can even make it driveless with machine learning ....let patronize made in Nigeria products and brains..and make the black race proud ....

2 Likes

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Tunde835(m): 6:58am On Apr 09
Juliusganduje:
You dey find niger oil money for lagos.

6 Likes

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Sheuns(m): 7:00am On Apr 09
Hespee93:

He referring to people like who is allegic to good news and good development.

I pay taxes to Lagos state. I have a right to question what’s been done with the taxes I pay. I have used BRT buses a few times. I have a cowry card and I used the Lagos blue rail line once to see for myself.

I contribute more to the development of Lagos than you.

Also learn to spell. If you can’t, make use of your phone’s autocorrect feature.

It’s allergic, not allegic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by CodeTemplar: 7:04am On Apr 09
Juliusganduje:
is anyone stopping your govs from buying 10, 000 of those? One of the oyel state says they want to build three gigantic flyovers in one city where agbero won't allow port authority entrance rest. Whose fault is it that they are reckless compared to Lagos?

5 Likes

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by taobudao(m): 7:04am On Apr 09
Good
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by CodeTemplar: 7:05am On Apr 09
Babangidapikin:
Must you acquire,can't you built....You have virtually all the components needed to built one in Nigeria.... You can even make it driveless with machine learning ....let patronize made in Nigeria products and brains..and make the black race proud ....
Lol. You are ignorant.

6 Likes

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by ednut1(m): 7:06am On Apr 09
Juliusganduje:
Tell your leaders to stop spending their faac allocation on ogogoro and women

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by Babangidapikin: 7:06am On Apr 09
CodeTemplar:
Lol. You are ignorant.
And you are wise I guess
Re: LASG To Acquire More Electric BRT Buses - Jubril Gawat by tefishy(m): 7:08am On Apr 09
This is really good. Lagos leads, others follow

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara: Nigeria’s Wild Northwest / 33 Nigerians Deported From Us / How Often Do You Visit Your Local Zoo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.