Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. (2569 Views)

Nigeria Policemen Protest: "Stop Killing Us, Stop Burning Police Stations" / Border closure killing us, Ogun monarchs declare / Danjuma And Ishaku In US; Insist Fulani Herdsmen Are Killing Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by enemyofprogress: 7:33am On Apr 09
Apparently, for 9 years, a civil law case has been going on against Coca Cola Bottling Company, manufacturers of Fanta and Sprite,

That impacts directly on our health and lives.

Let me try and paraphrase it, so una no go sleep off.

Basically, one Dr Fijabi, had in 2007, bought about N12 million worth of Fanta and Sprite drinks from Coca Cola Ltd, and exported same to the United Kingdom.

However, on reaching England, under Health and Safety regulations, the authorities tested the products and found them to contain "poisonous levels of Benzoic Acid and Sunset addictives"

And were therefore declared "unfit for human consumption".

The whole export consignment was consequently destroyed.

Dr Fijabi therefore, sued Coca Cola for Negligence, breach of duty of care to its customers, and loss of earnings.

Fine.

Now comes the interesting part, so sit your yansh well :

The Almighty Coca Cola only offered one defence in court :

That Mr Fijabi did not tell them he was going to Export the Fanta and Sprite to England;

That they were indeed manufactured "FOR LOCAL CONSUMPTION".

What

For local consumption?

Make I continue?? Hmmmmmmmmmm

So what Coca Cola bottling company is telling us, is that,

If they knew the Fanta and Sprite were to be exported to England, they would not have added so much poisonous acid;

But for the people of Nigeria, it is normal to poison us.

Chikena.

That is the official courtroom statement of Coca Cola Bottling Company of Nigeria.

Yesterday, The Lagos High Court under Justice Adedayo Oyebanji, was 'crying' when he gave judgement against Coca Cola, declaring them callous and negligent.

He 'cursed the parents' of NAFDAC for not carrying out proper laboratory checks on 'minerals' production in Nigeria.

Cancer was listed as one of the ailments that the present Fanta and sprite can cause, especially if taken with Vitamin C tablets.

He therefore, ordered Coca Cola to henceforth add a WRITTEN WARNING on Fanta and Sprite bottles that "this product must not be taken with Vitamin C."

Once again, Oyinbo has come to our rescue.

Odiegwu!

©Mazi Abe Media (MAM)™ 2017

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Tolumiide: 7:37am On Apr 09
I have stopped taking anything drink from Nigerian market for over two years now. I am a lover of soft, cold drinks and when I realised the colour of soft drink A in one store is different from the colour of soft drink A in another store I advised myself accordingly. I can not use my money against myself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Pussyisgud: 7:54am On Apr 09
Problem for people wey dey drink mineral

1 Like

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by illicit(m): 8:34am On Apr 09
Thank God o

I no kuku dey dey drink Fanta and Sprite

Na Coke I dey drink

🥵
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by onumadu: 8:49am On Apr 09
make I take seat.
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:56am On Apr 09
Nearly all drinks 🍸 outside WATER 💧 is poison.

2 Likes

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Olachase(m): 9:06am On Apr 09
Na people way get 50years to live I pity,

Coca cola go don remove 14 years from their age

You go just hear he/she sleep and no wake up cry cry

On the other hand what if the O.P is lying his handle name is ENEMY-OF-PROGRESS 😁😁😁
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Ozommadu: 9:12am On Apr 09
NAFDAC died with Dora Akunyili(may her gentle soul rest in perfect peace)... subsequent directors of the organisation are just mere figures and errand tools for the elites going into production.

As tho we don't have a president...the incompetent Tinupoo will rather sit and watch Nigerians get poisoned.

It shall never be well with them

7 Likes

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by SadiqBabaSani: 9:13am On Apr 09
Olachase:
Na people way get 50years to live I pity,

Coca cola go don remove 14 years from their age

You go just hear he/she sleep and no wake up cry cry

On the other hand what if the O.P is lying his handle name is ENEMY-OF-PROGRESS 😁😁😁
dumb comment
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by MMWandali: 9:27am On Apr 09
Thank God I have for long decided against these junk poison
Just cos I believed it was not beneficial to me in any way
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Olachase(m): 10:23am On Apr 09
SadiqBabaSani:
dumb comment
reply from someone who's more dumped 😏😏
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by condensedmilk: 10:35am On Apr 09
Hmm

How come this news didn't go viral?
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Yankee101: 10:38am On Apr 09
Avoid sodas altogether
The sugar level alone is disease causing
The benzoate additive is cancer causing
NAFDAC not doing their job or taking bribes is a death sentence to many Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by navyseal2220: 11:34am On Apr 09
What they did is not up to the evil Igbos are facing from their fellow blacks and country men, including tribalism. Hypocrites!

3 Likes

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by flokii: 11:47am On Apr 09
When agencies like NAFDAC that are meant to checkmate these beverage companies producing cancer causing drinks are taking bribes, how will they care?..
I think I read one time that those people (especiallly the foreigners) manufacturing the cokes and whatnot that we drink in Nigeria do not taste them, not to talk of having them in their homes for consumption.

Corruption in every facet of our lives is a very big problem.
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Smitaro100(m): 12:04pm On Apr 09
Nice write up.. but how can someone in his right sense drink Fanta and vitamin c, what a combo.😏
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Kaido: 12:10pm On Apr 09
I stopped taking coke for over two years now.

But for the past two weeks, I resumed and my stomach is killing me.

2 Likes

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Namaster: 12:23pm On Apr 09
Kindly add a link to the post.

It sounds like MADNESS that the only thing a Court could do after evidence suggests that Coca-Cola was manufacturing and selling wholesale poison in Nigeria was to advise them to add "Not to be taken with vitamin C" to the label.

I know Nigeria is shittt. Didn't know they would disregard the sale of poison as long as there is a label on it.

For those reading this:

STOP drinking anything that is NOT water. That includes alcohol and sexual enhancement drugs. All of them contain some level of poison.

Even without thetoxic level of Benzoic acid and Sunset Additives, Coca-Cola drinks already contain a POISONOUS amount of sugar.

1 Like

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by faceland: 12:24pm On Apr 09
Most of our drinks are fake and very local (bottled within a 50 km radius).

Anything in plastic bottles is probably fake.
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by faceland: 12:25pm On Apr 09
Kaido:
I stopped taking coke for over two years now.

But for the past two weeks, I resumed and my stomach is killing me.

Mine is Chapman. It use to hurt my kidneys like I drank alcohol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by ayo84(m): 12:46pm On Apr 09
Someone should do a lab analysis of beer and fruit juices like chivita

1 Like

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Rexymania(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09
That's for people that takes it on daily basis
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Beautifulday: 1:20pm On Apr 09
illicit:
Thank God o

I no kuku dey dey drink Fanta and Sprite

Na Coke I dey drink

🥵

lol! person export coco samba go germany. it was destroyed because it contained a large amount of vigra.

90% of food in nigerian, is dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Bongadu: 2:11pm On Apr 09
Only happens when a group of Jews decide to monopolize consumption

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by ghettochild4u(m): 3:07pm On Apr 09
enemyofprogress:
Apparently, for 9 years, a civil law case has been going on against Coca Cola Bottling Company, manufacturers of Fanta and Sprite,

That impacts directly on our health and lives.

Let me try and paraphrase it, so una no go sleep off.

Basically, one Dr Fijabi, had in 2007, bought about N12 million worth of Fanta and Sprite drinks from Coca Cola Ltd, and exported same to the United Kingdom.

However, on reaching England, under Health and Safety regulations, the authorities tested the products and found them to contain "poisonous levels of Benzoic Acid and Sunset addictives"

And were therefore declared "unfit for human consumption".

The whole export consignment was consequently destroyed.

Dr Fijabi therefore, sued Coca Cola for Negligence, breach of duty of care to its customers, and loss of earnings.

Fine.

Now comes the interesting part, so sit your yansh well :

The Almighty Coca Cola only offered one defence in court :

That Mr Fijabi did not tell them he was going to Export the Fanta and Sprite to England;

That they were indeed manufactured "FOR LOCAL CONSUMPTION".

What

For local consumption?

Make I continue?? Hmmmmmmmmmm

So what Coca Cola bottling company is telling us, is that,

If they knew the Fanta and Sprite were to be exported to England, they would not have added so much poisonous acid;

But for the people of Nigeria, it is normal to poison us.

Chikena.

That is the official courtroom statement of Coca Cola Bottling Company of Nigeria.

Yesterday, The Lagos High Court under Justice Adedayo Oyebanji, was 'crying' when he gave judgement against Coca Cola, declaring them callous and negligent.

He 'cursed the parents' of NAFDAC for not carrying out proper laboratory checks on 'minerals' production in Nigeria.

Cancer was listed as one of the ailments that the present Fanta and sprite can cause, especially if taken with Vitamin C tablets.

He therefore, ordered Coca Cola to henceforth add a WRITTEN WARNING on Fanta and Sprite bottles that "this product must not be taken with Vitamin C."

Once again, Oyinbo has come to our rescue.

Odiegwu!

©Mazi Abe Media (MAM)™ 2017
Did the judge award payment to the complainer
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by AcadaWriter: 3:13pm On Apr 09
Problem for people wey dey drink mineral
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by nabiz(m): 3:26pm On Apr 09
Tolumiide:
I have stopped taking anything drink from Nigerian market for over two years now. I am a lover of soft, cold drinks and when I realised the colour of soft drink A in one store is different from the colour of soft drink A in another store I advised myself accordingly. I can not use my money against myself.
also with me. I dont drink anything mineral. I learned it in a hard way. I stopped taking all these packaged juice when I realized that they were damaging my daughter kidney.
I bought blender to make juice for my family which even cheaper. Ordinary zobo is far better than all these nonsense.
Nigerian is a world dumping ground for rejected goods. Our leaders are greedy and don't care about us. I hate imported food with passion. Not only imported food even the food produced by one man that brought bilgate to Nigerian. Go to national hospital abuja and you will weep.

I have warned my children teacher never to give my children any injection from government will informing me first to do my personal finding.

The best way now is to grow your natural food in your compound. Do you know you can grow almost everything in Cement
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by LogicBomb8: 3:33pm On Apr 09
WHY FGS IS THIS NOT ON FRONT PAGE FOR ALL TO SEE?
Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Feldie: 4:43pm On Apr 09
Learn to write properly without childish interjections

1 Like

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by Macdeey: 5:02pm On Apr 09
cool
I never new say people dey export Coca Cola 🥤 to England ! I thought na Globe company Wey get production plant round the Globe ! Abi dem no get production plant for England undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: They Are Killing Us Slowly In Nigeria, And We Do Not Know. by dominique(f): 5:52pm On Apr 09
I don't know how true this case is, what I know is that a country like UK will never allow you import something like Coca-Cola that can be sourced from their local markets. Such items are most likely smuggled in and would be seized and trashed upon arrival into their country without being subjected to any evaluation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Local Government Election / What's The Purpose Of A Committee? / Buhari Was Actively Involved In 1983 Coup, Looted The Treasury- Tanko Yakasai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.