Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges (22792 Views)

Energy Crisis: More Troubles For Power Plants As FG Increases Gas Price By 11% / Reactions Trail โ€˜Dropโ€™ In Cooking Gas Price / Marketers Blame Oil Price, FOREX As Cooking Gas Price Rises Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by harsysky(m): 8:40am On Apr 09
God bless Tinubu, and curse be upon those supporting his wicked policies

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Obviouslyblunt: 8:40am On Apr 09
These are old news, why dig them up to brew FEAR in the heart of investors?
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:42am On Apr 09
Paparazi2011:
Tinubu has said that if we are not ok with his government after four years we should vote him out.
We are watching
It will be easier for a cow to pass thru a needles eyes than for Tinubu to no complete 8 yrs as president
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:45am On Apr 09
ironheart:
Dollar has been on a steady decline in price yet gas price keep going up. Bought 5kg gas for 5,800

Last year or this year?!

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:46am On Apr 09
ironheart:
Dollar has been on a steady decline in price yet gas price keep going up. Bought 5kg gas for 5,800

Last year or this year
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Confirm4real(m): 8:47am On Apr 09
Emilokan hope you remember sey minimum wage na still #30,000 cheesy

Nigerians must learn the hard way tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by ivandragon: 8:48am On Apr 09
When you tell some people that this administration have no plans to alleviate the burden on Nigerians, they begin to throw tantrums and ethnic slurs without even knowing where you come from.

Bat had no reasonable plans for Nigeria beyond being president. It was more of an ego thing for him than borne out of any sense of duty to make things right.

The only time he spoke up under the disaster that was buhari was when his own ambition was threatened and not out of solidarity with the masses.

Nigerians need to come together and 'push' bat to the right direction. That is the only way any succour can come the way of Nigerians.

Those who keep trying to shut up critics of this government are those eating crumbs from the table of filth. If you supported the disaster that was buhari for 8 years and now insisting that everyone should be quiet because it is BAT, then you are an enemy of Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by bet9ja(m): 8:49am On Apr 09
SolarEngr:
As the prices of LPG and other fuels continue to rise, it's clear that finding sustainable and cost-effective energy solutions is more important than ever. At The Trills Consulting, we offer solar installation services that not only help you save on energy costs but also contribute to a cleaner environment. With solar power, you can reduce your reliance on expensive and volatile fuel sources while enjoying uninterrupted energy supply. Reach out to us today to learn more about how solar energy can benefit your home or business!

We have helped a handful number of nairalanders Go Solar and you will be no exception. Find on my profile Solar Inverter Installation thread, to know more.

I have a 2.5kva inverter, I need a Solar panel with good charging system. What will it cost me
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Lolz419: 8:50am On Apr 09
PointZerom:
grin

APC is satanic.

They give with left hand and collect it back with both hands.
APC have never given Nigerians anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Vadese1: 8:53am On Apr 09
Tinubu has made me to see buhari as a Saint in all ramifications

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by grandstar(m): 9:00am On Apr 09
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Whoever is telling the government of the day led by some group of very inhumane beings that subsidy is an adversary to the economy and indeed the people of the nation must be hanged on a stake.

Corruption and a very useless constitution has being the problem of the nation.

We have Natural Gas, we pay more to access it than those who buy for export from us and the corn god and his gangs think its normal?

Corruption isn't the only problem. Economies can still grow fast despite high levels of corruption.

Poor management snd bad policies actually play a far greater than corruption in ruining economies.

The petrol subsidies was killing the economy. The government was borrowing money to pay the subsidy over the years. By the time Buhari was leaving, office, over 90% of the government revenue was used to service debt. Where's the money for any subsidy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by emmaitive(m): 9:01am On Apr 09
Offpoint1:
Welcome to a new Nigeria where man cannot afford to buy food, the one he collects on credit he can't afford to cook it.

One thing I learn from religious books, when a curse king rules there's always hunger in the land.

An evidence of fail government is when her citizens can't afford common food.

It'll take someone extremely daft to cast another vote for Bulaba next election.

I'm reading this thread with cylinder in my hand cuz I ran out of gas last night.
Last I filled was N1400 per kg... As I'm typing right now it's N1600

Imagine CMS to lekki that used to be N200, I paid N700 yesterday. Elf to contain N300, I paid N700...Imagine those working on the island what they spend daily on TF ...Nigeria is fxxked.
APC dividends of democracy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by TomiSwag(m): 9:02am On Apr 09
Sometime I feel nigeria is run like a ponzi scheme.
The naira 'appreciates' against the USD, but all the so called 'saved' money is siphoned through another sector. How can Gas prices go up exponentially and Ikorodu is now band A for electricity

This is why I cannot criticise all the doctors and professionals who japa from this country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by emmaitive(m): 9:04am On Apr 09
I hope agbados are buying at 400 per kg๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by nnewsnjobs: 9:04am On Apr 09
The writer is late to the party, price of 12.5kg cooking gas is over 15k, but you are quoting less than 15k.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by lexy2014: 9:05am On Apr 09
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Whoever is telling the government of the day led by some group of very inhumane beings that subsidy is an adversary to the economy and indeed the people of the nation must be hanged on a stake.

Corruption and a very useless constitution has being the problem of the nation.

We have Natural Gas, we pay more to access it than those who buy for export from us and the corn god and his gangs think its normal?

pls how is the constitution "very useless"?
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Adewale1603(m): 9:06am On Apr 09
Paparazi2011:
Tinubu has said that if we are not ok with his government after four years we should vote him out.
We are watching
dey play. Tinubu, a big lier is who you are believing. He has achieved his ambition, them no born anybody well to try and vote him out

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by waice6571: 9:17am On Apr 09
Nigeria economy should be a major case study for new economic theories.

It is only in Nigeria that the local currency would be gaining strength but the commodities will be soaring in prices on daily basis.

I have never seen such a case anywhere in the whole world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Angelfrost(m): 9:20am On Apr 09
Sigh... We are exporting gas, yet we pay more for gas than those importing it.

Nothing can ever really make sense in this country... The harder you look, the dumber you seem.

Naira has been strengthening for weeks now, yet inflation continues to soar.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 9:24am On Apr 09
Hopeless
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Soliddust3030: 9:29am On Apr 09
ironheart:

I bought 5kg for 6500 on Sunday. 5,800 cheap na, every 1 naira matters this days.

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by saintmm(m): 9:31am On Apr 09
Price of gas is gradually on the decline, but this is not as a result of any special policies from government, just a normal forces of demand and supply as there's a gradual reduction in value of dollars

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by just2endowed: 9:44am On Apr 09
What's the cost of kg of gas in your arwa
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Faposky95: 10:12am On Apr 09
PointZerom:
grin

APC is satanic.

They give with left hand and collect it back with both hands.
The moment we accepted to follow the DEVIL you know than the ANGEL you don't......
We enter one chance.
This evening will be a long one.
Even the military that we would hope would take arms to force change are also tied. But by what.....?
The Mercurial question.
Let some one with the resources document pre 2027 elections and you will see how the hope for a future is nothing but a cassette reel
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by clems88(m): 10:32am On Apr 09
My main annoyance now is everything keep increasing and dollar keeps dipping . I'll have to spend more dollar now to meet up with household needs as I earn in $$ cry . This administration disgust me
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Everlastingson: 10:43am On Apr 09
Kukutenla:
Tinubulation is real

Petrol cost high
Kerosene high
Diesel high
Electricity cost high
Even gas is now high
A lot of people are turning to charcoal now more than ever

This means the whole noise about CNG is already dead on arrival

What's the update on the minimum wage anyway

Even charcoal isn't cheap. A bag is #7k here. Something we used to buy #1300 per bag before APC took over. SMH.

4 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by yewit37486: 11:00am On Apr 09
grandstar:

Corruption isn't the only problem. Economies can still grow fast despite high levels of corruption.

Poor management snd bad policies actually play a far greater than corruption in ruining economies.

The petrol subsidies was killing the economy. The government was borrowing money to pay the subsidy over the years. By the time Buhari was leaving, office, over 90% of the government revenue was used to service debt. Where's the money for any subsidy?

Examples please. I'm really curious to see the country that has HIGH levels of corruption and is still growing fast.

3 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by InvertedHammer: 11:05am On Apr 09
/
Convert your gen to LPG? I know that it is a matter of time before they jack up the price of LPG. Nigeria is a concentration camp and Nigerian Customs are the warders. Good luck escaping without proper documents.

/

3 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by CrossRhodes: 11:16am On Apr 09
jayce232:
Why only increase increase increase!!!
Haba!!! sad
The zombie group are coming to explain why

Check below comments

2 Likes

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by CrossRhodes: 11:18am On Apr 09
Angelfrost:
Sigh... We are exporting gas, yet we pay more for gas than those importing it.

Nothing can ever really make sense in this country... The harder you look, the dumber you seem.

Naira has been strengthening for weeks now, yet inflation continues to soar.
We are still exporting zero commodities, the dollar crash might not last.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by AK481(m): 11:28am On Apr 09
Now now now now , I bought 16k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ICPC Probe: โ€˜super Richโ€™ Civil Servants Rush To Sell Houses / Fayemi Honours Olaiya, Oau's Best Graduating Student At Convocation / Samuel Ortom Wins Re-election As Benue Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.