Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges (22811 Views)

Energy Crisis: More Troubles For Power Plants As FG Increases Gas Price By 11% / Reactions Trail ‘Drop’ In Cooking Gas Price / Marketers Blame Oil Price, FOREX As Cooking Gas Price Rises Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Titanium001: 11:33am On Apr 09
I find it crazy that such a long article does not contain the price per kg of the product.
Poor reporting angry

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 11:43am On Apr 09
And many people are expecting prices of goods to fall yakaya because dollar rate dropped when other accompanying factors of production are increasing in cost/price.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 11:45am On Apr 09
Titanium001:
I find it crazy that such a long article does not contain the price per kg of the product.
Poor reporting angry

The report said 5kg is 5700.

It is expected of you to do the maths and get the unit price, you no go school?
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by HisXLNC1: 11:55am On Apr 09
This government will favour me...and my family.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by EdiskyHarry: 12:11pm On Apr 09
Buhari was the worst president in Africa, but was 100 million times better than tinubu

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by ivandragon: 12:20pm On Apr 09
waice6571:
Nigeria economy should be a major case study for new economic theories.

It is only in Nigeria that the local currency would be gaining strength but the commodities will be soaring in prices on daily basis.

I have never seen such a case anywhere in the whole world.

It is happening for two major reasons.

1. It is being artificially forced down (which is not too bad) but

2. The funds are not circulating where it can make a real positive and productive impact on the economy.

Those forcing the dollar down are the same people using the naira. They simply swapped funds because they need naira now more than dollars.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Emmabyte: 1:10pm On Apr 09
can a local man cook beans again with the price of cooking gas now. 2027 will be between real Nigerians and fake Nigerians
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Tonnyray: 2:14pm On Apr 09
SpecialAdviser:
Tinubu should keep the pressure on his useless supporters until they are done like AKARA
And how are his non supporters immune to the pressure?
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:30pm On Apr 09
Tonnyray:
And how are his non supporters immune to the pressure?
Everybody is under pressure but the disappointment and shame is more on his useless supporters

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by surgical: 2:47pm On Apr 09
jayce232:
Why only increase increase increase!!!
Haba!!! sad
but dollar is decreasing ,why is the government that should lead by example still continues to hoke prices,xample gas and electricity or is only the people that should be reducing prices, cornheads we need answers
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by surgical: 2:50pm On Apr 09
Offpoint1:
Welcome to a new Nigeria where man cannot afford to buy food, the one he collects on credit he can't afford to cook it.

One thing I learn from religious books, when a curse king rules there's always hunger in the land.

An evidence of fail government is when her citizens can't afford common food.

It'll take someone extremely daft to cast another vote for Bulaba next election.

I'm reading this thread with cylinder in my hand cuz I ran out of gas last night.
Last I filled was N1400 per kg... As I'm typing right now it's N1600

Imagine CMS to lekki that used to be N200, I paid N700 yesterday. Elf to contain N300, I paid N700...Imagine those working on the island what they spend daily on TF ...Nigeria is fxxked.
Do not underestimate the daftness of Nigerians they will shock,just give them their normal dose of religion and ethnicity and watch them sign away their lives

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by DMerciful(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09
Nobody is telling Tinubu anything. He did it in Lagos by using Agberos to tax poor market women and bus drivers to death. You guys praised him as generating IGR.

He is doing same at the center
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Whoever is telling the government of the day led by some group of very inhumane beings that subsidy is an adversary to the economy and indeed the people of the nation must be hanged on a stake.

Corruption and a very useless constitution has being the problem of the nation.

We have Natural Gas, we pay more to access it than those who buy for export from us and the corn god and his gangs think its normal?
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by surgical: 3:01pm On Apr 09
Paparazi2011:
Tinubu has said that if we are not ok with his government after four years we should vote him out.
We are watching
Because he thought he got it all covered,he has pocketed the judiciary by awarding them juicy pay 5.3 million per month, he will appoint inec chair,unleash his area boys, distribute peanuts to buy votes,finance some elites and influences,including the media to brainwash the people, that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that the pain they are going through is like child birth ,the unquantifiable joy comes after delivery which is not far of
The people will buy it,if somebody after apc currency change that caused catastrophe a cross the country can still vote anybody from apc despite their track record
You should know Nigerians are In love with hardship and suffering, it like tonic to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by onyxo76(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09
Dyfynezz12:
This high cost of living is killing us,how do married men with children earning salaries even cope?
you wake up at 3am and already have a throbbing headache calculating how to take of the days expenses.
Even if you are earning 500k as a family man in this present economy you probably have no savings as bills and expenses will consume everything.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by waice6571: 4:12pm On Apr 09
ivandragon:

2. The funds are not circulating where it can make a real positive and productive impact on the economy.

Those forcing the dollar down are the same people using the naira. They simply swapped funds because they need naira now more than dollars.

I quite agree with your last sentence. They only swapped to currency of interest with the same intent. The obvious fact is that, no currency can gain a true strength out the market force... I.e consumer/commodity driven economy.

Artificial empowerment for any currency will brutally backfires where there's no sustainable production/industries that will take advantage of the fluke favourable economic condition.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Dyfynezz12(m): 4:16pm On Apr 09
onyxo76:
you wake up at 3am and already have a throbbing headache calculating how to take of the days expenses.
Even if you are earning 500k as a family man in this present economy you probably have no savings as bills and expenses will consume everything.
I swear the bills and expenses is much,I have stop calculating how much I spend in a week cox it makes me feel like a waster
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by waice6571: 4:18pm On Apr 09
ivandragon:

I quite agree with your last sentence. They only swapped to currency of interest with the same intent. The obvious fact is that, no currency can gain a true strength outside.the market force... I.e consumer/commodity driven economy.

Artificial empowerment for any currency will brutally backfires where there's no sustainable production/industrial capacity that will take advantage of the fluke favourable economic situation
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Abemy(m): 6:37pm On Apr 09
12.5kg of gass that has been selling for N16,875 since January this year in Imo state?

N14,150 is better self.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by grandstar(m): 7:17pm On Apr 09
yewit37486:

Examples please. I'm really curious to see the country that has HIGH levels of corruption and is still growing fast.

China, Taiwan and South Korea are some examples.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by zuchyblink(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09
And no protest will be entertained. We must enjoy Tinubulation together.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by Titanium001: 7:58pm On Apr 09
Yes
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

The report said 5kg is 5700.

It is expected of you to do the maths and get the unit price, you no go school?
It’s funny how we quickly jump in to support mediocrity in this part; no be me you wouldn’t ask dat question: as mr reporter
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by IbeOkehie: 8:20pm On Apr 09
Qadaffi2idiamin:
Whoever is telling the government of the day led by some group of very inhumane beings that subsidy is an adversary to the economy and indeed the people of the nation must be hanged on a stake.

Corruption and a very useless constitution has being the problem of the nation.

We have Natural Gas, we pay more to access it than those who buy for export from us and the corn god and his gangs think its normal?

All subsidies MUST be abolished for Nigeria to ever have a chance at economic development.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by yewit37486: 8:31pm On Apr 09
grandstar:

China, Taiwan and South Korea are some examples.

Taiwan is certainly not a country with a high level of corruption. Same with South Korea. China has death penalty for corruption offenders, they certainly are not in the league of Nigeria when we talk about "high" levels of corruption.
https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2023

A new record! Taiwan Jumps in Global 2021 Rankings on Least Corrupt Countries:
Transparency International published the 2021 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), in which 180 countries and regions around the world (including Taiwan) were listed in its rankings on perceived corruption. Taiwan moved up three notches to 25th, indicating an improvement of 3 places from 28th in 2020.

1 Like

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by AcrylicProperty(f): 9:15pm On Apr 09
Nigerians have high expectations that the price of LNG will reduce drastically.

For you our readers reading this, your best is yet to come guys...

Reach out to us for the best of genuine & verified properties with a reputable Real Estate company that delivers. Read more on our signature below here 👇to leverage the current promo and contact the number.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by grandstar(m): 9:49pm On Apr 09
yewit37486:

Taiwan is certainly not a country with a high level of corruption. Same with South Korea. China has death penalty for corruption offenders, they certainly are not in the league of Nigeria when we talk about "high" levels of corruption.
https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2023

A new record! Taiwan Jumps in Global 2021 Rankings on Least Corrupt Countries:
Transparency International published the 2021 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI), in which 180 countries and regions around the world (including Taiwan) were listed in its rankings on perceived corruption. Taiwan moved up three notches to 25th, indicating an improvement of 3 places from 28th in 2020.

I knew you'll make the mistake of basing it on the present. No, base it on when these countries were poor and still growing. Countries tend to be tolerant of corruption while poor and less tolerant as they grow richer.

For instance, despite Taiwan now being a wealthy nation, semblance of the past still exist

https://www.voanews.com/a/taiwan-struggles-to-shake-off-era-of-corruption-in-local-politics/6846530.html

Below refers to ex-South Korean ruler who embezzled hundreds of millions of dollars.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSDEE98907I/

https://apnews.com/general-news-4e1c24dac76a48f2a8124ad08b7385e2

The mistake many make about corruption in China is the death penalty for it. It is very rarely used. It is only when your action pisses off the Communist Party or bring China shame that it is administered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_China

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by SolarEngr(m): 10:02pm On Apr 09
bet9ja:

I have a 2.5kva inverter, I need a Solar panel with good charging system. What will it cost me

Depends sir. Kindly chat me on whatsapp let's discuss the available option.

Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by ironheart(m): 2:10am On Apr 10
Soliddust3030:

I bought 5kg for 6500 on Sunday. 5,800 cheap na, every 1 naira matters this days.
brother, I feel your pain. We will survive
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by ironheart(m): 2:10am On Apr 10
Gentlesoul2021:

Last year or this year
a week ago bro
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by ironheart(m): 2:12am On Apr 10
Gentlesoul2021:

Last year or this year?!
a week ago. I don't buy from those refillers close to homes. I buy from a fuel station on my way from work
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by BALLOSKI: 7:25am On Apr 10
I bought 12.5kg 16000 less than 10 days ago. 14k per 12.5kg is a reduction for me right now.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by yewit37486: 8:08am On Apr 10
grandstar:

I knew you'll make the mistake of basing it on the present. No, base it on when these countries were poor and still growing. Countries tend to be tolerant of corruption while poor and less tolerant as they grow richer.

For instance, despite Taiwan now being a wealthy nation, semblance of the past still exist

https://www.voanews.com/a/taiwan-struggles-to-shake-off-era-of-corruption-in-local-politics/6846530.html

Below refers to ex-South Korean ruler who embezzled hundreds of millions of dollars.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSDEE98907I/

https://apnews.com/general-news-4e1c24dac76a48f2a8124ad08b7385e2

The mistake many make about corruption in China is the death penalty for it. It is very rarely used. It is only when your action pisses off the Communist Party or bring China shame that it is administered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_in_China

No country can GROW FAST with HIGH levels of corruption. It's an oxymoron.
Re: Energy Crisis: More Problems For Households, Others As Cooking Gas Price Surges by CodeTemplar: 8:29am On Apr 10
grandstar:

Corruption isn't the only problem. Economies can still grow fast despite high levels of corruption.

Poor management snd bad policies actually play a far greater than corruption in ruining economies.

The petrol subsidies was killing the economy. The government was borrowing money to pay the subsidy over the years. By the time Buhari was leaving, office, over 90% of the government revenue was used to service debt. Where's the money for any subsidy?
As usual unintelligent lies.

You have petroleum and refineries and if not for corruption have no business paying subsidy. Just refine and sell cheap. Corruption necessitated the payment of subsidy. You skillfully bypassed the problem and retionalized the effects and symptoms as the problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 22 Herdsmen In Borno / Baba-Ahmed: There Is No Better Qualify Candidate To Lead Nigeria Than Peter Obi / Festus Keyamo Trolls Obasanjo On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.