Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M (26036 Views)

Police Place Chioma Okoli On Watchlist Over Erisco Product Review / 'How Tomato Paste Importers Are Killing Nigerians' - Erisco Foods (2015) / Erisco Foods Arrests Chioma Egodi For Saying There Is Too Much Sugar In Tomato (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 3:34pm On Apr 09
FreeStuffsNG:

Yinmu.

Quit the idleness and vain entertainment of the social media, go work hard to build a formidable business like Erisco foods first then when your sweat and hardwork comes under attack, let's see what you will do. Talk is cheap.

Erisco did the right thing by taking the lawful and legal route instead of taking the laws into his own hands, all these media escalation doesn't help the lady.

What her lawyer is alleging above is a civil case where her lawyer is demanding money while the client he claims to be defending is facing a serious criminal case. In my opinion, the strategy is incoherent and seems that he is not ready for reconciliation. I believe that it's only reconciliation and amicable resolution that can help that lady. I pray she comes to that reality soon enough.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

No one takes you serious on this forum.

Even if Chioma's accusations or complaints are massive, there are better ways of handling the issue to his own company's advantage.

Either you it or not, this issue has more negative effect on his brand than the positive one.

Well, I am not sure you own a business to understand this, just keep sharing your freestuff abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Tizu(m): 3:36pm On Apr 09
Why N100 Million?
You should have filed for a N1Billion suit against that useless wicked man.
I told people the end of that man and his business empire has come 😄😄😄

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by treatise: 3:38pm On Apr 09
obataokenwa:
See your mindset and your assertions. With your statements, one will only see that you're not critical in your analysis. You're just part of the bandwagon of people that felt Chioma is right and Erisco must be brought down by all means. Which state are you based cos I know states Erisco food thrives.
We've been patronising tomatoe paste brands for years and proud of the brands but something isn't right lately. Your unbridled biases wouldn't help them.

2 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by obataokenwa(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09
Daystar7:

You don't know anything... This is hustle. He's doing exactly what you said and that's the right thing to do if you know abt power moves. You got to always maximize opportunities to shoot yourself up the ladder. He's a real G. Involving Falana will get him both money and fame.
Is it possible to talk without abusing who you've not met or know? Think about it
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by donbenie(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09
blacknp:
Chioma Okoli attacked Eric Umeofia, they will soon gather to accuse Yorubas of hate, and jealousy.

Erisco’s head office is in Oregun, Lagos State, not in Nnewi Anambra State.
Shut up,you dumb fvc.k.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by obataokenwa(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09
flexyrule:
Lol. Inibehe Effiong is a fine ass lawyer and human rights activist.

He has handled and won loads of cases (plenty of which were pro bono)

Your argument against his modus operandi is weak and tasteless.

You don't need Google and the Internet to know that Inibehe is a popular learned fellow!
Everything must not end in a court room.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Max24: 3:42pm On Apr 09
Rubbish ! Does Falana want a Nigerian company go bankrupt? Does he know how many people will lose their jobs because of one fake SM journalist who wants to catch cruise. Fighting Erisco to me is fighting all the masses that work there. If the girl can do better products why doesn't she set up her own company and run it better? Why can't the girl and Falana face bigger multinationals committing all forms of atrocities against Nigerians. This is harassment of local companies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Idaytesj29(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09
FreeStuffsNG:

Yinmu.

Quit the idleness and vain entertainment of the social media, go work hard to build a formidable business like Erisco foods first then when your sweat and hardwork comes under attack, let's see what you will do. Talk is cheap.

Erisco did the right thing by taking the lawful and legal route instead of taking the laws into his own hands, all these media escalation doesn't help the lady.

What her lawyer is alleging above is a civil case where her lawyer is demanding money while the client he claims to be defending is facing a serious criminal case. In my opinion, the strategy is incoherent and seems that he is not ready for reconciliation. I believe that it's only reconciliation and amicable resolution that can help that lady. I pray she comes to that reality soon enough.

No wonder this country is crawling, look at your thinking. The same accusation the Erisco man gave chioma is the same the lawyer is giving Erisco.

That of Chioma is just and legal cos na you Erisco tribe man and a business man with money, you are ready to defend him cos it's not easy to build a business.

But the same situation that the lawyer accused the Erisco man is not legal or just cos how can you accuse a developer or investor of malicious statement right?

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Vulcan24(m): 3:53pm On Apr 09
obataokenwa:
This lawyer is the major problem of Chioma. The guy has always been looking for a case to shoot himself to limelight to attract customers.

Chioma apologised, but this lawyer retracted it, then see where we are now.
The guy want to be a celebrity lawyer. Listening to his arguments most times, this one will hardly win a case. I listened to how he was trying to defend chioma on Arise TV last year, I nodded my head. Nothing go come out for this guy matter concerning Chioma.

This case alone he involved Falana shows this guy mixed this matter with hatred and grudge. That's not quality of a lawyer.

Funny! Erisco is lucky ! This is Africa
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Ykc2(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09
Kukutenla:
grin grin grin

Let us see how the supporters of Erisco foods will react to this
dangote's cement trucks are sending thousands of people to their early graves does that's stops us from buying his cement?Nigerians are poor and hungry to understand which which products to boycott, chioma must pay eric umeofia his 5 billion naira
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Ykc2(m): 4:05pm On Apr 09
treatise:

Last month my wife drew my attention to the erisco tomato which red colour painted stew pot that was highly unusual and difficult to wash away. Something is truly not right with that tomatoe brand but time will tell.
if you know more about Chinese tomato in the market you go laugh,
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Ewedegubbler: 4:07pm On Apr 09
Falana should desist from engaging in frivolous lawsuits. Where did the Erisco man mention the lawyers name? abi de lawyer accepted that his name is charge and bail fake lawyer?
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by IamAsiri: 4:09pm On Apr 09
aremubabs:

Sugar is added to tomato paste. NAFDAC attested to it.

The original issue is not even whether it had sugar added to it, but that it was sugary, which could mean that it had too much sugar (than allowed) added to it.

Thank you jare. Your own no go spoil. Sugar is usually added to tomato paste to reduce its acidity and not to give it a sweet taste. Adding a little quantity of sugar as expected and recommended is supposed to only alter the taste of the tomato paste a little and not really be conspicuous to the extent that a woman will be complaining about it.
They were supposed to just improve on the quantity being added (if that was the case), afterall there are usually recalls in the USA if there is anything wrong with some batches which shows that no company is above mistakes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by IamAsiri: 4:14pm On Apr 09
aremubabs:

Umeofia didn't mention any names. He can easily wriggle out of this by claiming that he never knew she had employed him to provide her counsel.

Ha! How did he now know that she has changed lawyers and that it was a different lawyer that followed her initially? This your argument cannot stand in the court of law o.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by treatise: 4:21pm On Apr 09
Ykc2:
if you know more about Chinese tomato in the market you go laugh,
It's pathetic truly, you'd see youngsters developing kidney challenges and the cassatives may not be unrelated to these unchecked substandard foods.

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by yemex04(m): 4:22pm On Apr 09
CatchMeIfUCanMO:

No one takes you serious on this forum.

Even if Chioma's accusations or complaints are massive, there are better ways of handling the issue to his own company's advantage.

Either you it or not, this issue has more negative effect on his brand than the positive one.

Well, I am not sure you own a business to understand this, just keep sharing your freestuff abeg.

If the case has negative effects on their brand or not, how come Erisco Products still flood the Markets & people still buy? I, like Millions of others, majority of whom are not in the social media space still use the Products steady...Nigeria is not only about the social media o
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by IamAsiri: 4:24pm On Apr 09
Pepperdemisback:

They said ki***"ling is not killing.
How Fake Charge and bail come mean Ihenebe or Falana.
The soap opera dey sweet me.

Don't worry. Casually accuse the present governor of Lagos state of something worth picking you over. And when you get picked, just tell the security personnel that you didn't mention his name.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Good2go1: 4:34pm On Apr 09
Multiple companies always avoid bad publicity because of the implications to their businesses, I don't know who is advising this man
benuejosh:
Is it the tomato paste they said had sugar added to it?

I just hope this Chief Eric will not have this case turned against him. There should have been a better way to handle the case. Because the more people want to know about the case, the more the sugar in his tomato paste will spread.

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Pepperdemisback: 4:40pm On Apr 09
IamAsiri:

Don't worry. Casually accuse the present governor of Lagos state of something worth picking you over. And when you get picked, just tell the security personnel that you didn't mention his name.
Nobody can accuse you for anything you didn't mention his name for. How many bloggers who report without mentioning names have been arrested.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Bennycollins: 4:43pm On Apr 09
drtwist:
I was actually looking for the place he mentioned anything close to your name as the fake lawyer.
The law applies logic and facts . If someone says my father is a thief, without calling his name, the fact is I have a father who is the accused in the statement. Chioma had a lawyer whom she has replaced with another, is that true? The new lawyer said to be a quack by Erisco Chief can sue and be sued. The matter is for the law to adjudicate anyway.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by IamAsiri: 4:44pm On Apr 09
Pepperdemisback:

Nobody can accuse you for anything you didn't mention his name for. How many bloggers who report without mentioning names have been arrested.

That they don't get arrested does not mean that they can't be. They are entirely two different issues.
Bloggers even mention names but most have not gotten arrested because people involved have decided not to have their time.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Onyedikachi231: 4:49pm On Apr 09
NLCreator:

Inibehe Effiong

This foolish man has bought a load of market, This Mr. Falana is a great counsel, a tactical and flexible approach.

I love him.

2 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by PointZerom: 4:55pm On Apr 09
fourboys:
As a business man, Erisco scored an own goal, should have just ignored that Chioma

They've circled him here.
He'll beg for peaceful settlement and Falana will tell him to withdraw his case against Chioma.

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by CCIA: 4:59pm On Apr 09
fourboys:
As a business man, Erisco scored an own goal, should have just ignored that Chioma
Now, Chioma don popular. grin

this thing fit be new found grace for her in disguise grin

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Curiouscity(m): 5:01pm On Apr 09
obataokenwa:
you don start, I hope you're not keyboard warrior oo cos no prove of what you're saying incase you're picked up

Can we stop all these threats?

I am venturing into food processing. I give out samples to people for review periodically. In the last few years, I have gotten very useful and also very ridiculous, insane and insincere reviews from friends, family and even competitors. If anyone, individual or corporate entity, is not ready for these, they should quit. Enough of this bullying.

1 Like

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Pepperdemisback: 5:08pm On Apr 09
treatise:

Last month my wife drew my attention to the erisco tomato which red colour painted stew pot that was highly unusual and difficult to wash away. Something is truly not right with that tomatoe brand but time will tell.
[b] I thought they said Person wen fall for pit na eye opener for back people.
1. Hope you and your wife still have the container of the tomato paste with the batch number on it and called their customer care before bringing this allegation online?
2. Hope you have the proof of using it and the red pot?
3. Hope you know some people drew the man's attention to Chioma's post and this is an online forum where your post can be screenshot?
4. Hope you know your mail and tracking is with Nairaland Incase he comes for you?
5. Do you know Obi Invictus was tracked through Nairaland post, tracked with the help of NL's owner?
6. Hope you have a good Lawyer to defend yourself and you will not start crying like this diarrhea mouth when time comes?
7. Please give me the go ahead to help you to send this screenshot to Erisco or I help you out myself.
It will be nice reading about you too.

Read this below comment of someone and Chioma talking about destroying the product. If it is an imitation and you don't have the proof of the container with it's batch number and videos of the usage and pot, you didn't call their customer care to complain before posting this comment, be fully prepared. I shall share your post to him.
Una go get sense by force! [/b]

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Nairalander248: 5:11pm On Apr 09
FreeStuffsNG:

Yinmu.

Rest brother...

Erisco could have use that platform to advertise his goods by sending free samples of his food to chioma and ask her to rest and retract the statement... He is doing business with Nigerians and he's loosing
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by UnabashedIPOB: 5:21pm On Apr 09
I am NOT here to take sides either way because I do NOT know enough about the case to declare whether or NOT she defamed the company. However, in civilized societies, Defamatory Statements are NOT criminal but civil. So, I do NOT see why the lady, Chioma was arrested in the first place. All the business owner had to do if he believed that the reputation of his business was impugned, was to bring a civil suit which, the only recourse would be for monetary damages if he were to be successful in the suit. But to turn it into a criminal case is absurd and shows that Nigeria is still a country way behind time legally speaking.

3 Likes

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by HIPROFILE(m): 5:30pm On Apr 09
FreeStuffsNG:

Yinmu.

Are you sure you are a Nigerian? cos your capacity to reason against emotions and pity in this case is not akin to many Nigerians who would always involve pity and emotions on everything even when that Lady is totally wrong cos she said THE PRODUCT IS KILLING PEOPLE! hence a need for her to show evidence of the people Erisco products have killed so far simple! else she is in trouble and should seek to apologize and resolve with Erisco group amicably.
I have said that the best way to sort this and create a win win for both the lady and Erisco group is to resolve in a way that the lady becomes their brand ambassador cos she has gained more followers via sympathy based on who Nigerians be. So she gets paid and at the same time champion more sales for Erisco products.

Again that particular product she reviewed was Erisco tomato source kind of and not the paste as circulated.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Daystar7: 5:50pm On Apr 09
obataokenwa:
Is it possible to talk without abusing who you've not met or know? Think about it

Where's the abuse? "U don't know anything"? That's not abuse, sorry if u took it as one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by obataokenwa(m): 5:52pm On Apr 09
Curiouscity:

Can we stop all these threats?

I am venturing into food processing. I give out samples to people for review periodically. In the last few years, I have gotten very useful and also very ridiculous, insane and insincere reviews from friends, family and even competitors. If anyone, individual or corporate entity, is not ready for these, they should quit. Enough of this bullying.
I agree with you but Chiomas case escalated unnecessarily cos she withdrew the case earlier but was advised wrongly. She provoked the man when she withdrew the apology.
Saying the product kills is bad and you know the country we live in, other companies can capitalise on it and bring down the man's business. No healthy competition in Nigeria.
Re: Inibehe Effiong: Falana Sends Demand Letter To Erisco Foods, CEO; Demands N100M by Odani: 5:55pm On Apr 09
blacknp:
Chioma Okoli attacked Eric Umeofia, they will soon gather to accuse Yorubas of hate, and jealousy.

Erisco’s head office is in Oregun, Lagos State, not in Nnewi Anambra State.

Even 'YOU'will not understand wat you have just written.
If u desperately wanted to commend you could have just dropped an emoji

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'? / Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures) / This Thread Is For Food Lovers ( Foodies)..upload The Foods You Eat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.