Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,350 members, 7,829,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) (2493 Views)

Onwe Zack Onyebuchi Provides Borehole For His People In Enonyi / Ize-Iyamu Commissions Borehole In Uromi, Edo (Photos) / Borehole Collapses In Kogi 3 Weeks After Commissioning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Penguin2: 7:47pm On Apr 09
Before I say anything further, I want to ask, how are boreholes built in the rural areas without electricity in the part of the world you come from?

One thing I’ve come to realize is that a lot of people who criticize Peter Obi do so, sometimes, out of pure malice or out of sheer ignorance or both.

Seeing what Peter Obi has been doing in the north where he has been providing boreholes to rural communities to give them access to clean water, his opponents, fearing he might start getting more popular in the north, have started sending their attack dogs and paid propagandists to try to denigrate the little efforts he is making.

What they have started doing now is to post pictures of Obi’s projects and ridicule it as small or substandard or whatever comes to their mind.

That’s how they’ve been criticizing the one he commissioned in Zaria. But the one that irked me is the attempt to also criticize the manual borehole Obi donated in Sokoto. And I want to ask, what is wrong with a manual borehole?

Is it that these guys are children of the rich who have never experienced life in the rural areas? Or are they being outrightly malicious and wicked?

I ask because those of who grew up in the village where there is no electricity know that overhead water tanks is luxury.

I call it luxury because if you build a borehole with overhead water tank where there is no electricity, you would have to provide such people with power generating set to enable them be pumping water from the borehole into the tank. Now, with provision of power generating set comes the expenses of providing gas for the generator.

Now, it is either the donor will be providing gas for the generator for life or until such a time that someone takes over the responsibility or the expenses falls back to the villagers.

Imagine the expenses of buying fuel for generator falls on villagers who are merely scraping through life, how long do you think they can sustain it? What if the generator breaks down? Who will pay for its repair?

The above headaches are what manual boreholes eliminate. Once they are set up, just go and push the handle and get water out. These boreholes take no extra expenses and are even more durable.

Now, this is what somebody is criticizing, and that’s why I’m asking, what is wrong with the borehole?

And show us how boreholes are constructed in your rural villages where there is no electricity.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by helinues: 7:49pm On Apr 09
Is this a graveyard?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Iykopee(m): 7:51pm On Apr 09
Most of them criticising it don't have something of this type in their remote villages. All of them hail from Lagos state. grin grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Penguin2: 7:51pm On Apr 09
Caveat emptor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by seunmsg(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09
All these long grammar to defend rubbish? This is 2024 and solar powered boreholes are so easy to deliver. Your defense is absolute trash.

Peter Obi is nothing but a desperate politician seeking power at all cost. When you guys talk about weaponizing poverty, this is the real definition. Tokenization of water just for political gain is evil. No one should be building this nonsense in any community in Nigeria in 2024. It is total nonsense.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Makunahatata: 7:56pm On Apr 09
Iykopee:
Most of them criticising it don't have something of this type in their remote villages. All of them hail from Lagos state. grin grin
we Kno u dey shame fr your messiah..talk tru 😂

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Iykopee(m): 8:00pm On Apr 09
Makunahatata:
we Kno u dey shame fr your messiah..talk tru 😂

Shame for who? I'm very proud he could do this for a people lacking clean water.

Show us what your ex state governor has done for people of the North no matter how small.

Lol you wanted to pride with foolishness but it backfired

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by LegendHero(m): 8:01pm On Apr 09
It look like a graveyard.

Now what’s wrong with the world class bridge from Desmond Elliot below?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by illicit(m): 8:01pm On Apr 09
Why does it look like a grave

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Iykopee(m): 8:02pm On Apr 09
seunmsg:
All these long grammar to defend rubbish? This is 2024 and solar powered boreholes are so easy to deliver. Your defense is absolute trash.

Peter Obi is nothing but a desperate politician seeking power at all cost. When you guys talk about weaponizing poverty, this is the real definition. Tokenization of water just for political gain is evil. No one should be building this nonsense in any community in Nigeria in 2024. It is total nonsense.

How come your Ex state governor hasn't delivered the solar powered borehole to this same people till now.

I just dey see foolish people today because of this little project. grin grin

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by MadamExcellency: 8:04pm On Apr 09
seunmsg:

Peter Obi is nothing but a desperate politician seeking power at all cost. When you guys talk about weaponizing poverty, this is the real definition.

And you will guarantee the security and maintenance of the solar system? Sometimes I wonder about the type of childhood experiences you got out of your comfort zone.

This is the type of pump suitable for that location. And it wasn't the sponsor that advised or came up with this model but the experts.

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by nedu666: 8:04pm On Apr 09
In Ogun state where I did youth service this hand held borehole is the most popular kind of borehole. No need for light or generator. Yet many haters and wailers from South west are condemning it. But are using it in their communities

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by LegendHero(m): 8:05pm On Apr 09
Penguin2:
Before I say anything further, I want to ask, how are boreholes built in the rural areas without electricity in the part of the world you come from?

One thing I’ve come to realize is that a lot of people who criticize Peter Obi do so, sometimes, out of pure malice or out of sheer ignorance or both.

Seeing what Peter Obi has been doing in the north where he has been providing boreholes to rural communities to give them access to clean water, his opponents, fearing he might start getting more popular in the north, have started sending their attack dogs and paid propagandists to try to denigrate the little efforts he is making.

What they have started doing now is to post pictures of Obi’s projects and ridicule it as small or substandard or whatever comes to their mind.

That’s how they’ve been criticizing the one he commissioned in Zaria. But the one that irked me is the attempt to also criticize the manual borehole Obi donated in Sokoto. And I want to ask, what is wrong with a manual borehole?

Is it that these guys are children of the rich who have never experienced life in the rural areas? Or are they being outrightly malicious and wicked?

I ask because those of who grew up in the village where there is no electricity know that overhead water tanks is luxury.

I call it luxury because if you build a borehole with overhead water tank where there is no electricity, you would have to provide such people with power generating set to enable them be pumping water from the borehole into the tank. Now, with provision of power generating set comes the expenses of providing gas for the generator.

Now, it is either the donor will be providing gas for the generator for life or until such a time that someone takes over the responsibility or the expenses falls back to the villagers.

Imagine the expenses of buying fuel for generator falls on villagers who are merely scraping through life, how long do you think they can sustain it? What if the generator breaks down? Who will pay for its repair?

The above headaches are what manual boreholes eliminate. Once they are set up, just go and push the handle and get water out. These boreholes take no extra expenses and are even more durable.

Now, this is what somebody is criticizing, and that’s why I’m asking, what is wrong with the borehole?

And show us how boreholes are constructed in your rural villages where there is no electricity.

Save your nonsense epistle.

Have you heard of Solar powered boreholes?

This is 2024, stop thinking like you are living in the 60s.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by rantingpigs: 8:06pm On Apr 09
In IRABIJI which is TINUBUs home town.

Even the OBA fetches water from the stream.

Tinubu rodents are crying for a borehole donated by a private individual in another region, while their PRESIDENT brother can't even do same in a country he claims to govern.

Na WA ..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by nedu666: 8:06pm On Apr 09
MadamExcellency:

And you will guarantee the security and maintenance of the solar system? Sometimes I wonder about the type of childhood experiences you got out of your comfort zone.

This is the type of pump suitable for that location. And it wasn't the sponsor that advised or came up with this model but the experts.

Recognise individuals with half education. Going to school and learning how to read and write does not equate to ability to engage in critical thinking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by rantingpigs: 8:08pm On Apr 09
Was it donated by TINUBU?

You rant ceaselessly about a private citizen while your President has not commissioned even a 'motuary' in OSUN State grin

LegendHero:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by LegendHero(m): 8:09pm On Apr 09
nedu666:
In Ogun state where I did youth service this hand held borehole is the most popular kind of borehole. No need for light or generator. Yet many haters and wailers from South west are condemning it. But are using it in their communities

Nope, the people in the North are also condemning it.

Arewa Renaissance group already made a statement.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by rantingpigs: 8:12pm On Apr 09
Arewa what?

E be like say your brain don freeze. Have this same Arewa group condemned the wanton poverty perpetuated by their Governor's?

Is TINUBU NOT President? What happened to his Minister of Water Resources?

You decieve yourselves with gapping foolishness believing your Propaganda has traction.

You go cry Blood.

LegendHero:

Nope, the people in the North are also condemning it.

Arewa Renaissance group already made a statement.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by surgical: 8:12pm On Apr 09
seunmsg:

what of your supposed president that has the responsibility to cater for the people but instead will trigger hardship through his thoughtless policies and then offer palliative that will not even reach the people not to talk of mitigating their problems, which government around the world do you know that govern by palliatives, that deliberately improvish his people and then result to giving them token ,if not the wicked government you support
The joke is on you guys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by rantingpigs: 8:17pm On Apr 09
Truly the joke is on them

They are all mentally shallow.

Castigating a PRIVATE citizen when their brother is President, who appointed idiots as Minister of water Resources. grin

surgical:
what of your supposed president that has the responsibility to cater for the people but instead will trigger hardship through his thoughtless policies and then offer palliative that will not even reach the people not to talk of mitigating their problems, which government around the world do you know that govern by palliatives, that deliberately improvish his people and then result to giving them token ,if not the wicked government you support
The joke is on you guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by DMerciful(m): 8:18pm On Apr 09
Make you dey shame o
seunmsg:

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by mrvitalis(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09
seunmsg:

Solar powered borehole is at risk of being stolen

The main motive is water clean water, this is the cheaper n most financially effective method

Budget was 1 million

If u can come up with a better borehole for 1 million I give you 2 million

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by paramakina202: 8:28pm On Apr 09
helinues:
Is this a graveyard?
As far as say water dey rush the job is done.
Peter Obi won't waste money to please your eyes cos there are many others that needs such amenities.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by helinues: 8:40pm On Apr 09
paramakina202:

As far as say water the rush the job is done.
Peter Obi won't money to please your eyes cos there many others that needs such amenities.

Toh

Even if na cholera water running?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by mobisonkk2: 8:43pm On Apr 09
Arewa group warns Peter Obi, asks him to desist from erecting Substandard projects in Northern Nigeria.

Arewa Renaissance Group, a socio-political organization dedicated to the advancement of Northern Nigeria, has strongly criticized Peter Obi for his unkind gesture and issued a warning against the construction of substandard boreholes in the region.

The warning comes in response to Peter Obi's recent construction of a substandard borehole in one of the Northern communities. The group expressed their dissatisfaction with the project, particularly highlighting the fact that Peter Obi had inscribed his name on the borehole, indicating that he was responsible for its construction.

In a statement, Arewa Renaissance Group stated, "The borehole Peter Obi installed in our community is an eyesore. Furthermore, his act of inscribing his name on the project is an insult. If Peter Obi believes that such an unkind gesture and substandard project can win the hearts of Northerners, then he must be joking."

The group further challenged Peter Obi, asking if he would dare to construct a similarly substandard project in any community in Southern Nigeria with his name attached. They asserted that they do not need his substandard and useless projects and warned him against patronizing the Northern region.

"We are not people to be used to advance his dying political career. We can see through his charades, and when the time is right, we will demonstrate to Peter Obi that we are not people to be toiled with"

This should serve as a stern warning to Peter Obi never to insult Northern Nigeria in such a manner again.

Obi China has been warned to stop putting up rubbish. Obi is a con man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:44pm On Apr 09
Tinubu fans are in much pain and I'm very pleased 😂

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by socialmediaman: 8:45pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

Some remote locations will benefit better from manual than solar powered boreholes, especially if the solar panels are prone to vandalism

Tinubu’s government hasn’t done much in improving security in the country

Shehu Sani has already told you guys to drop this thing and be thankful for what Peter Obi is doing that none of you are doing. You’re not spokespersons of the communities or core northerners.

At some point it will become an insult to be dragging the north to every idle post you make on nairaland because you’re not their spokespersons

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Makunahatata: 8:51pm On Apr 09
Iykopee:

Shame for who? I'm very proud he could do this for a people lacking clean water.

Show us what your ex state governor has done for people of the North no matter how small.

Lol you wanted to pride with foolishness but it backfired
hmmmn..u lots just using plenty words to save face..we understand, Agulu lying machine fuvked up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by RenaissanceGuy: 8:53pm On Apr 09
mrvitalis:
Solar powered borehole is at risk of being stolen
The main motive is water clean water, this is the cheaper n most financially effective method

Budget was 1 million

If u can come up with a better borehole for 1 million I give you 2 million
Everything was embellished in quackery. Borehole tap-points are always beautified and protected from wearing away by plastering the wall and the floor with tiles. No single tile in all of the boreholes Obi has being donating.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by UcheKingsley1: 8:53pm On Apr 09
Borehole I was thinking as in pussy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Never4getU: 8:54pm On Apr 09
Penguin2:

Nobody is forcing him to erect any borehole if he doesn't have the capacity to deliver a modern day drinkable water. Who asked him? So why building something that suggested he is doing something out of desperation
Re: What Is Wrong With This Borehole? (photo) by Penguin2: 9:00pm On Apr 09
seunmsg:

How many of the solar powered boreholes did Tinubu donate in the north or even Southwest?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This A School Or An Animal Farm? / How Demons Stop Our Prayers From Answering / Oil Marketer Advocates Death Penalty For Pipeline Vandals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.