Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Practicing Successful Habits Daily (part 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Practicing Successful Habits Daily (part 2) (38 Views)

Practicing Successful Habits Daily (part 3) / Practicing Successful Habits Daily (part 1) / The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Practicing Successful Habits Daily (part 2) by Interesting15: 7:38am On Apr 10
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(10th April, 2024)*

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: Practicing Successful Habits Daily (Part 2)
‭‭‭
I Samuel 17:34 NKJV‬‬[34] But David said to Saul, “Your servant used to keep his father’s sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock,

*Message*

Take note of what happened as recorded in Samuel 17:33-37 -‬‬

*[33] And Saul said to David, “You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him; for you are a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.” [34] But David said to Saul, “Your servant used to keep his father’s sheep, and when a lion or a bear came and took a lamb out of the flock, [35] I went out after it and struck it, and delivered the lamb from its mouth; and when it arose against me, I caught it by its beard, and struck and killed it. [36] Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God.” [37] Moreover David said, “The Lord, who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” And Saul said to David, “Go, and the Lord be with you!”*

First, Saul told David, this guy Goliath who was the national Best warrior of the Philistines didn't just become a dreaded fighter all of a sudden but had been practicing warriorship for many days since he was a very young lad. He has been doing that every day for many years, and the sum total of those daily successes culminated into the national stature he can now boast of.

Nevertheless, David too has to intimate the king, "You might not know me yet, but I didn't just appear too. For a long time now, I've been practicing warriorship too in the wilderness, defeating wild animals all alone. In fact, my own uniqueness is not limited to the physical exploits obtained with human strength alone, but the fact that I've also been practicing how to contact the spiritual realm to move the hand of God in my favor."

*As children of God with a mandate of showcasing God's glory via the instrumentality of dominion in our different spheres, we must always remember that the world and its stakeholders (who are still under the influence of the devil) would try to contend with us for the reins of leadership (which we must obtain if we are really going to be light and salt).*

Many of these folks too have been practicing habits

*Prayers*
LORD, help me to be alive to the opportunities you have surrounded me with to make me a global phenomenon.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭
‭‭
‭‭Genesis 24:63 NKJV‬‬

[63] And Isaac went out to meditate in the field in the evening; and he lifted his eyes and looked, and there, the camels were coming.
‭‭

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

In One Accord / Your Noon / The King's Highway....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.