Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. (4133 Views)

⚫⚫ Jesus Taught About Speaking In Tongues / Is This The True Love Jesus Taught Or Just A Secret Cult Love? / How Is Religion The Cause Of Backwardness In Nigeria And Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:25am On Mar 30
There are many religions and in fact religion is as old as mankind on planet earth but with all the nations in ancient times being in one religion/form of worship or another everyone is saying "God is one"
Are you of the opinion that religions are like different roads leading to the same destination or there is a particular religion that God approves?
What should we expect from the religion that's approved by God?

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses!
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 4:40am On Mar 30
Long time no see πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You're still pushing agendas desperately and trying to be a discussable topic?

1 Like

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:44am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

Long time no see πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You're still pushing agendas desperately and trying to be a discussable topic?

You are new on Nairaland so what do you mean by:
Long time no see

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 4:47am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

If you believe in the existence of God and the topic interests you let's hear your opinion it's my job to reach out to as many people as possible with the truth about the one and only true religion!

Don't worry about all that...
I used to have the moniker preciousee17, we had many unfinished discussions πŸ˜‰

1 Like

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:49am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

Don't worry about all that...
I used to have the moniker preciousee, we had many unfinished discussions πŸ˜‰

Do you believe in Jesus of Nazareth who asked his disciples to PREACH and TEACH about God's Kingdom or you're an atheist?
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 4:52am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

Do you believe in Jesus of Nazareth who asked his disciples to PREACH and TEACH about God's Kingdom or you're an atheist?

If I were an atheist I won't spend an early morning on the Religious section.

Wait let me dig up our old unfinished conversation πŸ˜ƒ
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:55am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

If I were an atheist I won't spend an early morning on the Religious section. Wait let me dig up our old unfinished conversation πŸ˜ƒ

Please i don't joke with God's word so if you're truly interested in the topic i'm all ears!
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 5:09am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

Please i don't joke with God's word so if you're truly interested in the topic i'm all ears!

I'm back.

I remember asking to reply these and you said I should stop communicating with you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Let's start by noting that I'll be quoting scriptures, so reply scriptures, not me.

Then:
The book of Revelations is mostly symbolical so I may ignore that.
The books of the Old Testament that foretell things (the whole books actually) are also symbolical so I may ignore those.
The Words of Jesus Christ were full of parables β€” also symbolical, so I may ignore plenty.
But the words preached by the disciples/apostles were mainly straightforward, so let's dwell on that.

Let's paint a picture slowly.

{Picture status: blank}

β€’ Acts 17:30‭-‬31 NIV (Speaker is Paul).
β€œIn the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

Paul is saying that God has set a day, when the world will be judged through Jesus.

{Picture status: There's a day for judgment set by God. The world will be judged through Jesus}

β€’ Acts 10:42 NIV (Speaker is Paul).
β€œHe commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.”

According to Paul, Jesus asked him to tell the people that He (Jesus) has been appointed as the judge of the living and the dead. Which means the dead who had already died before Jesus came, and after Jesus came will also be judged by the same Jesus.

{Picture status: There's a day for judgment set by God. The world will be judged through Jesus, both living and dead, which means those who are still alive on that day and those who had died before that day}

β€’ Romans 2:5‭-‬8‭, ‬16 NIV (Speaker is Paul).
β€œBut because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God β€œwill repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.”

Here we see that there's a 'Day
of God's Wrath' β€” when His righteous judgement will be revealed. And every person will 'repay according to what they have done'.
This happens to be the judgement that will decide who will get eternal life and those who will get wrath, 'according to what they have done'.
And this day happens to be that same day when God judges everything through Jesus Christ.

{Picture status: There's a day for judgment set by God. The world will be judged through Jesus, both living and dead, which means those who are still alive on that day and those who had died before that day.
The sinful won't just get general punishment in hell, but will get punishment according to what they have done on Earth. The sinless guys qualify for eternal life.}

β€’ 1 Corinthians 4:4‭-‬5 NIV (Speaker is Paul).
β€œMy conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.”

Paul was admonishing the Corinthians not to start judging people at that time (because they don't know the complete story β€” they don't know what happened in secret and motives in the heart that drives every action). But that they should wait for Jesus to come (again) and reveal those secrets to that everyone will now see the 'full story'. Doesn't this verify that everyone will be judged individually, and their hidden secrets will be exposed for all to see?

{Picture status: There's a day for judgment set by God. The world will be judged through Jesus, both living and dead, which means those who are still alive on that day and those who had died before that day.
The sinful won't just get general punishment in hell, but will get punishment according to what they have done on Earth. The sinless guys qualify for eternal life.
Also, the hidden motives from the heart and the things done in secret will be shown to the whole panel of people who are witnessing your judgement}

β€’ 1 Corinthians 6:1‭-‬3 NIV (Speaker is Paul).
β€œIf any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!”

Paul was angry. The Christians of the early Church were dragging each other to the court of the ungodly.
He pointed out to them that they should practice by judging themselves, as a judge does in a court.
Because they (the ones who stay blameless of course) will judge the world, and even Angels too, just as a judge does in a court.

The sinful won't just get general punishment in hell, but will get punishment according to what they have done on Earth. The sinless guys qualify for eternal life.
Also, the hidden motives from the heart and the things done in secret will be shown to the whole panel of people who are witnessing your judgement.
That day will be a big day, because even Angels will be judged too! And Guess who's giving the judgement? Not everyone, but those who end up like Jesus β€” blameless in their spirit, soul and body. Remember Jesus says we should be like Him, that's why we accept the word, and call ourselves Christians β€” 'Christ-like'. We are to be a carbon-copy of Jesus.
So if Jesus is judging the world on that day, and He has some carbon-copies, those carbon-copies will also judge with Him because they now think and act like Him}

β€’ 2 Timothy 4:1 NIV
β€œIn the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge...”

The speaker here is confirming that Christ Jesus will judge the living and the dead.
But listen, Christ Jesus 'will' judge the living and the dead.
This means that this thing 'will' happen, and has not yet happened. Even Adam who died, has not yet been judged, but Christ Jesus 'will' judge... On that day!

Also, the hidden motives from the heart and the things done in secret will be shown to the whole panel of people who are witnessing your judgement.
That day will be a big day, because even Angels will be judged too! And Guess who's giving the judgement? Not everyone, but those who end up like Jesus β€” blameless in their spirit, soul and body. Remember Jesus says we should be like Him, that's why we accept the word, and call ourselves Christians β€” 'Christ-like'. We are to be a carbon-copy of Jesus.
So if Jesus is judging the world on that day, and He has some carbon-copies, those carbon-copies will also judge with Him because they now think and act like Him.
All these have not yet happened and 'will' happen...}

I may not have the chance to quote this many scriptures again so please read this twice before countering the scriptures one by one.

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 5:10am On Mar 30
From this post

MaxInDHouse:
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by hslbroker2(m): 6:11am On Mar 30
Oga maxinDhouse no fall my hand, como answer all this questions, we are here to learn no knowledge is waste.

Don't let Plusingpurple down pls

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

I'm back.
I remember asking to reply these and you said I should stop communicating with you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

First of all i don't remember chatting with you so if truly you want to discuss with me on scriptural topics try to be brief i hate lengthy posts.

So what is exactly your opinion on this topic and if you already had one in your heart you can present it but try to be brief not more than one or two paragraphs

Thanks.
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:00am On Mar 30
hslbroker2:

Oga maxinDhouse no fall my hand, como answer all this questions, we are here to learn no knowledge is waste.
Don't let Plusingpurple down pls

We're all learning so instead of pushing others forward why not ask your own question?
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by Paulink(m): 7:39am On Mar 30
I come read comment.
Make una fire down.

1 Like

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 8:09am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

First of all i don't remember chatting with you so if truly you want us discuss with me on scriptural topics try to be brief i hate lengthy posts.

So what is exactly your opinion on this topic and if you already had one in your heart you can present it but try to be brief not more than one or two paragraphs

Thanks.

You don't remember chatting with me?

Why not click on the moniker highlighted below to go back to the conversation?

MaxInDHouse:

Not like I really need your reply (you'll only beat about the bush like you're already doing)...

Was just happy to see you're still alive and up at 4am desperately trying to create a conversation that'll end with insults and braggings as usual.
So desperate that you couldn't even type the topic gently and correctly. πŸ˜‚

5 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 8:13am On Mar 30
By the way, since you desperately need people to ask you questions so that you can showcase your knowledge and advertise your brand, my question for you is:

What qualifies a movement to be considered as the only religion that practices Jesus' teachings?

And what disqualifies other movements?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:23am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

You don't remember chatting with me?
Why not click on the moniker highlighted below to go back to the conversation?
Not like I really need your reply (you'll only beat about the bush like you're already doing)...
Was just happy to see you're still alive and up at 4am desperately trying to create a conversation that'll end with insults and braggings as usual.
So desperate that you couldn't even type the topic gently and correctly. πŸ˜‚

Please what is your opinion on the topic and if you have something else in mind let's discuss on it but not more than one or two paragraphs is that difficult for you? undecided
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:30am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

By the way, since you desperately need people to ask you questions so that you can showcase your knowledge and advertise your brand, my question for you is:
What qualifies a movement to be considered as the only religion that practices Jesus' teachings?
And what disqualifies other movements?

Jesus is the key when talking about qualifying since it's all about what he taught.

First of all Jesus came in the name of God who is LOVE so any religion that's practicing what Jesus taught must work really hard on this one quality because it's God's predominant quality! 1John 4:8

What disqualifies a movement is their inability to work out God's predominant quality among them. Whatever any movement stands for if they failed to make LOVE work within them then they have been disqualified already! 1John 4:20
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 8:40am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

Please what is your opinion on the topic and if you have something else in mind let's discuss on it but not more than one or two paragraphs is that difficult for you? undecided

It's so hard for you to go back to your previous thread where I asked a simple question...?πŸ˜‚

Well well... Here's another question:

Is there going to be a Day of Judgement where we'll be rewarded for diligently following Jesus' teachings? 😁😁

2 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by hslbroker2(m): 8:42am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

We're all learning so instead of pushing others forward why not ask your own question?
It is not in me, I'm not thomas the doubt of the faith, I will from both side, you ask question they will answer you, you ask them, they will answer you, I will learn from there sir.
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 8:43am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is the key when talking about qualifying since it's all about what he taught.

First of all Jesus came in the name of God who is LOVE so any religion that's practicing what Jesus taught must work really hard on this one quality because it's God's predominant quality! 1John 4:8

What disqualifies a movement is their inability to work out God's predominant quality among them. Whatever any movement stands for if they failed to make LOVE work within them then they have been disqualified already! 1John 4:20

Arhh... I'm relieved. I thought being a JW is the first requirement πŸ’”

1. So I can qualify even in the church I attend?πŸ˜ƒ
2. So, what is LOVE according to scriptures? πŸ˜ƒ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by hslbroker2(m): 8:44am On Mar 30
Paulink:
I come read comment.
Make una fire down.
same here
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:52am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

It's so hard for you to go back to your previous thread where I asked a simple question...?πŸ˜‚
Well well... Here's another question:
Is there going to be a Day of Judgement where we'll be rewarded for diligently following Jesus' teachings? 😁😁

NO!

Those who followed him will be judged based on the level of their understanding it's not easy following a teaching that's not acceptable to people around you but if you have people around you who are working hard to do things taught by Christ then your inability to work with them will hinder you because they are humans like you therefore if they've done their best nothing should stop you from contributing your own quota! Matthew 25:24-30

Salvation is now what the Bible called the day of judgement is Christ's thousand years reign as for anyone who stands against the truth they've been judged already! John 3:18
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 8:59am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

NO!

Those who followed him will be judged based on the level of their understanding it's not easy following a teaching that's not acceptable to people around you but if you have people around you who are working hard to do things taught by Christ then your inability to work with them will hinder you because they are humans like you therefore if they've done their best nothing should stop you from contributing your own quota! Matthew 25:24-30

Salvation is now what the Bible called the day of judgement is Christ's thousand years reign as for anyone who stands against the truth they've been judged already! John 3:18

I see the subtle threat there, also seeing misuse of scripture...
Happen to notice poorly written reply with grammatical mistakes that seem to imply you're desperately rushing to pump out a reply without even carefully reading what you wrote...

Well, since there's no Day of Judgement... Help me interpret these scriptures on by one

β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’

Let's start by noting that I'll be quoting scriptures, so reply scriptures, not me.

Then:

The books of the Old Testament that foretell things (the whole books actually) are also symbolical so I may ignore those.

The Words of Jesus Christ were full of parables β€” also symbolical, so I may ignore plenty.

But the words preached by the disciples/apostles were mainly straightforward, so let's dwell on that.

β€œIn the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

Paul is saying that God has set a day, when the world will be judged through Jesus.

{Picture status: There's a day for judgment set by God. The world will be judged through Jesus}

β€œHe commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead.”

According to Paul, Jesus asked him to tell the people that He (Jesus) has been appointed as the judge of the living and the dead. Which means the dead who had already died before Jesus came, and after Jesus came will also be judged by the same Jesus.

{Picture status: There's a day for judgment set by God. The world will be judged through Jesus, both living and dead, which means those who are still alive on that day and those who had died before that day}

β€œBut because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God β€œwill repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.”

of God's Wrath' β€” when His righteous judgement will be revealed. And every person will 'repay according to what they have done'.

This happens to be the judgement that will decide who will get eternal life and those who will get wrath, 'according to what they have done'.

And this day happens to be that same day when God judges everything through Jesus Christ.

The sinful won't just get general punishment in hell, but will get punishment according to what they have done on Earth. The sinless guys qualify for eternal life.}

β€œMy conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.”

Paul was admonishing the Corinthians not to start judging people at that time (because they don't know the complete story β€” they don't know what happened in secret and motives in the heart that drives every action). But that they should wait for Jesus to come (again) and reveal those secrets to that everyone will now see the 'full story'. Doesn't this verify that everyone will be judged individually, and their hidden secrets will be exposed for all to see?

Also, the hidden motives from the heart and the things done in secret will be shown to the whole panel of people who are witnessing your judgement}

β€œIf any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people? Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!”

Paul was angry. The Christians of the early Church were dragging each other to the court of the ungodly.

He pointed out to them that they should practice by judging themselves, as a judge does in a court.

Because they (the ones who stay blameless of course) will judge the world, and even Angels too, just as a judge does in a court.

So if Jesus is judging the world on that day, and He has some carbon-copies, those carbon-copies will also judge with Him because they now think and act like Him}

β€œIn the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge...”

The speaker here is confirming that Christ Jesus will judge the living and the dead.

This means that this thing 'will' happen, and has not yet happened. Even Adam who died, has not yet been judged, but Christ Jesus 'will' judge... On that day!

So if Jesus is judging the world on that day, and He has some carbon-copies, those carbon-copies will also judge with Him because they now think and act like Him.

I may not have the chance to quote this many scriptures again so please read this twice before countering the scriptures one by one.

3 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

Arhh... I'm relieved. I thought being a JW is the first requirement πŸ’”
1. So I can qualify even in the church I attend?πŸ˜ƒ
2. So, what is LOVE according to scriptures? πŸ˜ƒ

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Corinthians 13:4-7

To break it down the religion practicing what Jesus taught must work along this line of thought so it's not a matter of what individuals like but the law of Christ.
If any religion can't work out this things in their teachings such a religion is FAKE.
Note that this is not about individual character but what each religion teaches so you can find nice individuals in all the religions on this planet just as you will find evildoers but when it comes to teachings there is only one religion that's practicing what Jesus taught!
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:04am On Mar 30
Too lengthy!
Please can you summarize what you have in mind in just one or two paragraphs?
I told you i don't read lengthy posts if you have something in mind you should be able to pick it one by one.

PulsingPurple:

I see the subtle threat there, also seeing misuse of scripture...
Happen to notice poorly written reply with grammatical mistakes that seem to imply you're desperately rushing to pump out a reply without even carefully reading what you wrote...

Well, since there's no Day of Judgement... Help me interpret these scriptures on by one

β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’

Then:

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 9:13am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous. It does not brag, does not get puffed up, does not behave indecently, does not look for its own interests, does not become provoked. It does not keep account of the injury. It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Corinthians 13:4-7

To break it down the religion practicing what Jesus taught must work along this line of thought so it's not a matter of what individuals like but the law of Christ.
If any religion can't work out this things in their teachings such a religion is FAKE.
Note that this is not about individual character but what each religion teaches so you can find nice individuals in all the religions on this planet just as you will find evildoers but when it comes to teachings there is only one religion that's practicing what Jesus taught!

The reply in bold β€” BULLSEYE.

1. Do you happen to know any sub-religion under Christianity that happens to practice that part that says 'Love is kind'?

2. When you say individual character doesn't matter, but about what the religion teaches... Its like an irony because a religion is supposed to influence the people under it, and if important core people in the religion can't live as the religion dictates, shouldn't it be said that the religion has failed its purpose?

Well, I know of a preacher in his sub-religion (aka church denomination) that taught LOVE all the time. TB Joshua to be precise.
From what you've said, that means followers of TB Joshua have all qualified to be among the religion that actually practices what Jesus taught (LOVE)

5 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 9:17am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:
Too lengthy!
Please can you summarize what you have in mind in just one or two paragraphs?
I told you i don't read lengthy posts if you have something in mind you should be able to pick it one by one.

Nice excuse... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It has suddenly become a lengthy post πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Previously the excuse was that you didn't know me...
And that I find it difficult to ask a question.

Now the question is too lengthy. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Do you think that's what Jesus or any of His disciples would have replied?

And funnily enough, you're known for making lengthy post and replying people with lengthy posts πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18am On Mar 30
Are you of the opinion that religions are like different roads leading to the same destination or there is a particular religion that God approves?

Above are the two questions i have in mind but it's like most people aren't interested in the topic of discussion rather it's my religion they're here to tackle.

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses!

Well for your information i was once a Muslim before i got converted to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses today so i wasn't born as one of Jehovah's Witnesses therefore if any religion practices what Jesus taught better than Jehovah's Witnesses nothing stops me from switching to the one and only religion that is doing God's will.

That's the purpose of this thread! smiley
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:27am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

The reply in bold β€” BULLSEYE.
1. Do you happen to know any sub-religion under Christianity that happens to practice that part that says 'Love is kind'?
2. When you say individual character doesn't matter, but about what the religion teaches... Its like an irony because a religion is supposed to influence the people under it, and if important core people in the religion can't live as the religion dictates, shouldn't it be said that the religion has failed its purpose?
Well, I know of a preacher in his sub-religion (aka church denomination) that taught LOVE all the time. TB Joshua to be precise.
From what you've said, that means followers of TB Joshua have all qualified to be among the religion that actually practices what Jesus taught (LOVE)

When Jesus taught his disciples in the first century there were individuals who joined the movement but failed to live by what he taught of course that doesn't disqualify Jesus as a teacher does it?

One thing Jesus said will serve as evidence that we have his group on planet earth is the love they have among themselves! John 13:34-35

So are you saying members of TB Joshua's church don't get involve in politics and military services?

Whether you accept it or not any religion having members in this two fields is already out of it because they will surely hate and kill their fellow worshipers just as it's happening in Russia and Ukraine today! Revelations 6:3-4
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:30am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

Nice excuse... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It has suddenly become a lengthy post πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Previously the excuse was that you didn't know me...
And that I find it difficult to ask a question.

Now the question is too lengthy. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Do you think that's what Jesus or any of His disciples would have replied?

And funnily enough, you're known for making lengthy post and replying people with lengthy posts πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Please try to make it brief after all i didn't call anyone to come and ask me questions as you insinuated rather i asked two questions so if you can't answer then your lengthy posts is like a diversion to the thread.

Please try to be brief!
Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by PulsingPurple(m): 9:32am On Mar 30
MaxInDHouse:

Above are the two questions i have in mind but it's like most people aren't interested in the topic of discussion rather it's my religion they're here to tackle.

Well for your information i was once a Muslim before i got converted to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses today so i wasn't born as one of Jehovah's Witnesses therefore if any religion practices what Jesus taught better than Jehovah's Witnesses nothing stops me from switching to the one and only religion that is doing God's will.

That's the purpose of this thread! smiley

By the way sir, I'm the only person tackling you here... The MOST people here admitted they came to read your replies and learn. So I'm here to give you a reason to reply πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And I knew you were a damn Muslim. For the last time I'm not a newbie πŸ˜ƒ
And like I said once: There's nothing really special about the fact that you preach to promote JW. Its brand loyalty. Just like you were loyal to Allah and Mohammed while you were still a Muslim.

I didn't even engage much and you're already trying to wriggle out.

4 Likes

Re: The Religion The Is Practicing What Jesus Taught. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:38am On Mar 30
PulsingPurple:

By the way sir, I'm the only person tackling you here... The MOST people here admitted they came to read your replies and learn. So I'm here to give you a reason to reply πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And I knew you were a damn Muslim. For the last time I'm not a newbie πŸ˜ƒ
And like I said once: There's nothing really special about the fact that you preach to promote JW. Its brand loyalty. Just like you were loyal to Allah and Mohammed while you were still a Muslim.

I didn't even engage much and you're already trying to wriggle out.

It's OK but do you have anything to say about the topic of discussion?

I think everyone wants to learn including myself so let's not push that aside since it's the main reason for this thread! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

God Made Me Small, Surgery Made Me Tall, / This Would Be My Excuse In Heaven To God / Happy Easter To Nairalanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.