Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers (16149 Views)

โ€˜You Goofedโ€™, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers / Presidency Backs Lawan As APC Senators Protest Over Juicy Panels / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by jose556(m): 1:01pm On Apr 11
I hope the dollar keeps falling.

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by spiSeyi: 1:02pm On Apr 11
dealslip:

That's the work of the external reserves, to cushion impacts on the local currency. Nigerians are the enemies of Nigeria. Hoarding dollars for gain not minding the impact on the economy. It should be cushioned up to the point that the heavy need for forex in the importation of fossil fuels subsides.
That was the same thing PMB did that led us here, external reserve shouldn't be used to subsidized FX. undecided what happened to pegging the Naira and foreign reserve to diversify the economy. The purpose of foreign reserve is to booster the economy not subsidizing the currency undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Vulcan24(m): 1:03pm On Apr 11
lexy2014:

that is not what I asked you.

are you aware that Cardoso is defending the naira against the dollar and regulating the price of the dollar just as Emefiele did but publicly claiming that the dollar is being floated?

simple yes or no

I have answered u, he's using multiplicity of approach unlike straight jacket- political emefiele!

Emefiele was working with a dullard, cardoso has a better boss

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Paraman: 1:03pm On Apr 11
PlasmaTV:
I'm seeing many comments up there,and I am disappointed that rational and thinking adults are dissing LP supporters. Assuming you lot were thinking,you'd know that APC met dollar to naira at less than N250/$1.
Tinubu still has time. PDP met a dollar at #24.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by YorubaNOlevel: 1:06pm On Apr 11
helinues:
Heads must definitely roll

Must be jobless?
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Mervingreat: 1:11pm On Apr 11
Where are those shouting dollar-naira? I can see some of you already saying if even 1dollar is N100 things won't change so why are you complaining then when it went 1,500N to 1dollar?

Failure have no joy, they must always have excuse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Came4amod: 1:12pm On Apr 11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by SirBunky85(m): 1:14pm On Apr 11
Nbotee:
First things first, they have abandoned the naira floatation and reverted to using dollar from the foreign reserves to subsidise dollar rates to BDCs.
so says a daft

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by SirBunky85(m): 1:15pm On Apr 11
Artscollection:
We told them floating naira with the current indices cannot work, they still went back to defending the naira.
All i have to say is that these Lagos boys should understand that nigeria economy is not a private Enterprise where you wake up and take a decision based on your emotion. Due consultation with stake holders and experienced people in that niche is very important. We don't need unnecessary propaganda just get to work!!!
silly submission from a dumb being

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 1:28pm On Apr 11
Vulcan24:
I have answered u, he's using multiplicity of approach unlike straight jacket- political emefiele!

can you show me where I asked you what he is using or not using?

are you aware that Cardoso is defending the naira against the dollar and regulating the price of the dollar just as Emefiele did but publicly claiming that the dollar is being floated?

simple yes or no

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 1:36pm On Apr 11
Vulcan24:

Am aware there are multi-approach employed to tackle the issue! Which is good.

What you are aware of is not the only strategy been used, Tinubu is working and attacking the economy and the enemies of economy at all sides. Same with Petrol, diesel, foodstuff and transportation.

which work and attack is tinubu working and attacking the economy?

does the economy need attack or does it need management?

who are the "enemies of the economy"?

what happened to "Petrol, diesel, foodstuff and transportation"?

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Skyehigher1: 1:36pm On Apr 11
What I know pretty sure is that before tinubu one year in office naira to dollars is going to be 650 naira to a dollar ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿ’ฐ inshallah and by the end of this year naira to a dollar is going to be more than 250 naira or 300 to a dollar ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿ’ฐ by December inshallah if not less than that price self because next year budget is going to be pending on 250 naira to a dollar by the grace of God or even 200 or 300 naira to a dollar

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Asswipemod: 2:04pm On Apr 11
Islie:

https://punchng.com/rising-naira-value-presidency-backs-cardoso-vows-further-clampdown-on-racketeers/?amp
Borbor Cardoso! seunmsg must be envious now. You stole the position and the shine. Cardoso Michael aka actionman!
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Vulcan24(m): 2:07pm On Apr 11
lexy2014:

If you don't know I can't help u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by PHAYOL81: 2:07pm On Apr 11
May GOD bless Nigeria

May GOD bless the current administration team working tirelesly for the betterment of the country and her populace

May GOD bless all patriotic Nigerians too, myself and you

WE RISE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 2:11pm On Apr 11
Vulcan24:

If you don't know I can't help u

since you know, then you should not have any problems answering the questions.

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 2:12pm On Apr 11
PHAYOL81:
May GOD bless Nigeria

which other blessing should God bless Nigeria?
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 2:13pm On Apr 11
Skyehigher1:
What I know pretty sure is that before tinubu one year in office naira to dollars is going to be 650 naira to a dollar ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿ’ฐ inshallah and by the end of this year naira to a dollar is going to be more than 250 naira or 300 to a dollar ๐Ÿ’ต๐Ÿ’ฐ by December inshallah if not less than that price self because next year budget is going to be pending on 250 naira to a dollar by the grace of God or even 200 or 300 naira to a dollar

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 2:16pm On Apr 11
Vulcan24:

if Emefiele was working with a dullard, why then did Tinubu tell Nigerians that the "dullard" was Nigeria's only solution?

how come Tinubu campaigned for and supported this "dullard" for 8 good years?

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Ebeano49(m): 2:20pm On Apr 11
So after all, the government has reverted to subsidizing the naira by selling dollar below market price to BDCs?
Basically, Nigerians were subjected to sever economic pains all for nothing!
Our foreign reserves dipped 2% last week alone due to the cost of subsiding naira. This means that the government is using our earnings to subsidize FX. Isn't this one of the sins of Emefiele?
The government often get away with all sorts of atrocities due to people's ignorance.
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Vulcan24(m): 2:29pm On Apr 11
lexy2014:

if Emefiele was working with a dullard, why then did Tinubu tell Nigerians that the "dullard" was Nigeria's only solution?

I think u are too young to understand politics!

Are u gen Z cos these questions are kids questions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Tonnyray: 2:33pm On Apr 11
Awesome news this is.
GOD bless Nigeria ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฌ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Basicend: 2:35pm On Apr 11
Create more exportation avenues. . Start the process and modalities for it now.

Embark on massive agriculture. . Revive exploration and exportation of Iron Ore and Coal.

Move from Hydo-Generated power source to coal and other sources. South African's electrical output last year was 55,000 Megawatt and coal is the main driver. Much affordable electricity is needed to drive the micro sectors of the economy.
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 2:42pm On Apr 11
Vulcan24:

I think u are too young to understand politics!

Are u gen Z cos these questions are kids questions

since you are not gen Z and you are as old as a dinosaur to understand politics, I dont see why you cant answer these simple questions.

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by rotadeco27: 3:44pm On Apr 11
lexy2014:

simple yes or no

He is not aware kindly bring up a valid evidence to keep his mouth shut.
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Lexicon123: 3:56pm On Apr 11
Good job by Cardoso and Team so far!

However, the government needs to expand its horizon beyond just monetary policies and measures. That is really not sustainable in the medium to long term. The monetary policies need to be supported by clear and strategic fiscal, economic and even security policies and actions. We need to see clear actions on security to encourage local food production; manufacturers need to be incentivized (in contrast to some of the current measures that worsen costs of production), etc.
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by darediamond(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11
PressMyButton:

If you checked this one very well, he could be in one 2by2 shop selling beans but comes online to utter truckloads of ignorant comments over a subject that's beyond his mental reasoning.
Okay.
Does floating Naira makes SENSE TO YOU?
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Midex88(m): 4:08pm On Apr 11
Richtaiwo:
Chai, Tinubu about to finish foreign reserve to defend the Naira according to ipob miscreants. Na their way. Whenever they wish for something bad to happen to Nigeria and it goes the other way, they cook up some fairy tales and try pushing down your throats. They so much believe in their lies. They wished buhari dead, it didn't happen, they later said na jubrin from sudden. They wish Naira fall to N3000 to a dollar, it failed, they said it was being defended by foreign reserve.

don't be surprised, they are same people who carried the baseless rumour that President Buhari was dead and the one in Aso rock is an impostor. grin

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Deadlytruth(m): 4:17pm On Apr 11
PlasmaTV:
I'm seeing many comments up there,and I am disappointed that rational and thinking adults are dissing LP supporters. Assuming you lot were thinking,you'd know that APC met dollar to naira at less than N250/$1. Buhari left it at around N700/$1,which is gross failure.

Tinubu came on board,and in less than a year, dollar ramped up to N1,800/$1.

They're working hard,admittedly, to bring it down and some unscrupulous elements are angry that we are not jumping around cos the naira is rising.

Well,consider me unimpressed until the dollar gets to N200/$1. Until then, all these shenanigans are still a pointer to party failure.

You seem to have forgotten that PDP met Dollar at less than N80 in 1999 but took it to over N200 as at 2015

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by dealslip(f): 5:31pm On Apr 11
spiSeyi:

That was the same thing PMB did that led us here, external reserve shouldn't be used to subsidized FX. undecided what happened to pegging the Naira and foreign reserve to diversify the economy. The purpose of foreign reserve is to booster the economy not subsidizing the currency undecided
PMB was still subsiding importation as well. That's a major problem too

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by millionboi2: 5:55pm On Apr 11
spiSeyi:
The Naira is gaining momentum against the USD while Nigeria's foreign reserve is draining, we understand the game wink PBAT & his team are about crashing the economy because it's evident that the Naira is being heavily subsidized. The USD might bounce back to 2k + if the artificial growth of Naira is not stoped. CBN is clueless if not the Naira should have been pegged at 1K for now while the FG work effectively to bring back our refineries and fully diversify our economy grin
it's working,thy should keep doing what thy are doing,uk is not anywhere close to china in production and exportation but their pounds is strong...... naija shall be great again,it doesn't matter who is the president.

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by millionboi2: 6:02pm On Apr 11
lexy2014:

simple yes or no

it doesn't matter what he is doing,the most important thing is that is working,uk is not anywhere near to china in production and exportation but their pounds is very strong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Ministers, Bureaucrats, Lawmakers Hijack Federal Jobs / Abdullahi Binuyo Charged With $120,000 Fraud / Fuel Scarcity: NNPC Intensifies Efforts To Flood Market With Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.