Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers (16143 Views)

‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers / Presidency Backs Lawan As APC Senators Protest Over Juicy Panels / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 6:07pm On Apr 11
millionboi2:
it doesn't matter what he is doing,the most important thing is that is working,uk is not anywhere near to china in production and exportation but their pounds is very strong.

off point

are you aware that Cardoso is defending the naira against the dollar and regulating the price of the dollar just as Emefiele did but publicly claiming that the dollar is being floated?

simple yes or no
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by millionboi2: 6:09pm On Apr 11
Basicend:
Create more exportation avenues. . Start the process and modalities for it now.

Embark on massive agriculture. . Revive exploration and exportation of Iron Ore and Coal.

Move from Hydo-Generated power source to coal and other sources. South African's electrical output last year was 55,000 Megawatt and coal is the main driver. Much affordable electricity is needed to drive the micro sectors of the economy.

allow government to use whichever means possible to bring down dollar rate,uk are not anywhere close to china in production and exportation but their pounds is strong.
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by millionboi2: 6:16pm On Apr 11
lexy2014:

off point

are you aware that Cardoso is defending the naira against the dollar and regulating the price of the dollar just as Emefiele did but publicly claiming that the dollar is being floated?

simple yes or no

off point

You are sad because your candidate is not the president....... don't die hating.
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 6:20pm On Apr 11
millionboi2:
off point

You are sad because your candidate is not the president....... don't die hating.

who is my candidate?

can you remind me of the discussion we had when I told you that I have a candidate?

am I constitutionally allowed to have a candidate as an individual?

am I WAEC or JAMB that you claim that I have a candidate?

simple yes or no

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by millionboi2: 9:53pm On Apr 11
lexy2014:

who is my candidate?

can you remind me of the discussion we had when I told you that I have a candidate?

am I constitutionally allowed to have a candidate as an individual?

am I WAEC or JAMB that you claim that I have a candidate?

simple yes or no
you are a saddist.... simple.

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by lexy2014: 9:58pm On Apr 11
millionboi2:
you are a saddist.... simple.

you didnt answer my questions.

1. who is my candidate?

2. can you remind me of the discussion we had when I told you that I have a candidate?

3. am I constitutionally allowed to have a candidate as an individual?

4. am I WAEC or JAMB that you claim that I have a candidate?

5. are you aware that Cardoso is defending the naira against the dollar and regulating the price of the dollar just as Emefiele did but publicly claiming that the dollar is being floated?

simple yes or no

1 Like

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Emday(m): 11:50pm On Apr 11
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by Raph82(m): 11:53am On Apr 12
The fact that the exchange rate at the parallel market or black market is lower than the official market is an all-time indicator that panic sale is about to begin by the hoarders. The naira has the potential to gain more strength against the dollar in few months time. We've not witnessed this kind of scenario in a long while, so it's a green light. Why am I having this feeling that things are about to change?

2 Likes

Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by BALLOSKI: 7:41am On Apr 13
westlius:
My own is let price of goods come down
Nigerians are to blame for this...
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by BALLOSKI: 7:48am On Apr 13
Raph82:
The fact that the exchange rate at the parallel market or black market is lower than the official market is an all-time indicator that panic sale is about to begin by the hoarders. The naira has the potential to gain more strength against the dollar in few months time. We've not witnessed this kind of scenario in a long while, so it's a green light. Why am I having this feeling that things are about to change?
Bro, you're right. Since IBB with his SAP introduced us to this parallel or black market forex dealers, we've never been this deliberate and organised at curbing racketeering like we're doing now.

I heard Bismack Rewane saying Naira is under-valued and we're truly getting to that true value. We'll get it right by God's grace.

“That was one of the ways the economy was losing liquidity in foreign exchange. So when people have foreign currency rather than put in the economy and use it for import; they put it in an account unutilised and use it for collateral for naira transactions which again is one of those things that have become prevalent in Nigeria and helping to lower the value of the naira.” Idahosa said.

Can you imagine the kind of nonsense we allow in our system? Too bad.
Re: Rising Naira: Presidency Backs Cardoso, Vows Further Clampdown On Racketeers by westlius(m): 7:57am On Apr 13
BALLOSKI:
Nigerians are to blame for this...
U correct 100%

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Averted In Kaduna / Has Bukola Saraki Served Kwara State? / Thugs Nabbed In Ado With Guns And Thumb Printed Ballot Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.