Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central (2743 Views)

Top Five Largest Ethnicities In The North West / Ten Largest Ethnicities In South South / PDP Mocks Buhari Over Flopped North Central Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 8:16pm On Apr 10
Armaggedon:
use your garfield account and return with logic instead of running with tale in-between your legs.

The boy can't even spell tail

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 8:17pm On Apr 10
slivertongue:
Hausas, Tiv, Fulani, Kanuri, Gwari/gbagi, Igala, Idoma, Berom, Jarawa/ Gera/jar.

I left out Yoruba cos they are more southern than Northern
Kanuris are not native to north central na.where gerawa dey

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 8:17pm On Apr 10
paramakina202:

There are indigeous Igbo Communities in Kogi and Benue States they are more than a million.

Dah
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by majole: 8:18pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

I have modified my post.fulanis dominate wase and kanam lgas of plateau and each lga is over 200k in population.them and Hausa dominate Jos north lga.fulsnis are also in lafia,keffi,nasarawa,Toto lgas of nasarawa,ilorin,pategi in kwara and many parts of Niger state...
Beroms dominate plateau north zone 80% and have about 6 lgas.taroks are in 2 lgas,ngas in four.
Igalas dominate 8 out of 9 lgas in kogi east zone

You still don't get it. For your information am from Kanam and there are no indigenous Fulanis there but boggom are the plurality. Kanam is dominated by Muslims and believe me Fulanis are not up to 5% of Kanam. Which Ngas in 4 LGAs? Tarok only 2 where they are 100% but Wase is 30% Tarok at the least. There are Taroks in Kanam, Mikang, Wase, Kanke plus Langtang North & South. Meeting 5 Fulanis in Pategi, Ilorin doesn't bring them close to top 10 largest tribes in the NC & its surroundings. My top 10 largest tribes in the NC & its environs are thus in no order:
1. Tiv 2. Yoruboid 3. Igala 4. Nupe 5. Hausa/Fulani - Kindly note that Fulanis would make only 10% of the stock Hausa/Fulani.
6. Gwari 7. Berom 8. Jukun 9. Idoma 10. Ebira mentions: Tarok

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by Armaggedon: 8:21pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

The boy can't even spell tail
At least I am smart enough to make you reply me without actually mentioning you.

I called garfield and garfied1 replied. Isn't that wonderful?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:29pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

Are there up to 500k
Indigenous Igbos in Kogi and Benue will pass 500k, so they should be among your notable mentions..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by slivertongue: 8:42pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

Kanuris are not native to north central na.where gerawa dey

Hausa, fulani and Kanuri appeared in error but there are pockets of Kanuri and fulani in the North Central and but shouldn't be included because they predominantly belong to another geopolitical zone
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 8:47pm On Apr 10
slivertongue:

Hausa, fulani and Kanuri appeared in error but there are pockets of Kanuri and fulani in the North Central and but shouldn't be included because they predominantly belong to another geopolitical zone

Tivs are the most numerous followed by HAUSAS except you are adding settler HAUSAS from nw ne.you have to add yorubas because they are indigenous to kwara and kogi,nothing like being more southern.it is puerile and can't fly

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 8:48pm On Apr 10
ImmaculateJOE:

Indigenous Igbos in Kogi and Benue will pass 500k, so they should be among your notable mentions..

Hmmm.which lgas do they dominate

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by slivertongue: 8:50pm On Apr 10
ImmaculateJOE:

igbos are not known to North Central polities. They were not part of the kwararafa kingdom, Nupe and Ilorin Emrate. it's lack of proper boundary demarcation that saw them in those States.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 8:52pm On Apr 10
majole:

You still don't get it. For your information am from Kanam and there are no indigenous Fulanis there but boggom are the plurality. Kanam is dominated by Muslims and believe me Fulanis are not up to 5% of Kanam. Which Ngas in 4 LGAs? Tarok only 2 where they are 100% but Wase is 30% Tarok at the least. There are Taroks in Kanam, Mikang, Wase, Kanke plus Langtang North & South. Meeting 5 Fulanis in Pategi, Ilorin doesn't bring them close to top 10 largest tribes in the NC & its surroundings. My top 10 largest tribes in the NC & its environs are thus in no order:
1. Tiv 2. Yoruboid 3. Igala 4. Nupe 5. Hausa/Fulani - Kindly note that Fulanis would make only 10% of the stock Hausa/Fulani.
6. Gwari 7. Berom 8. Jukun 9. Idoma 10. Ebira mentions: Tarok

I like the issues you raised,you anchored them well with sufficient points making the Taroks to deserve a notable mentions.even HAUSAS alone in NC outnumber yorubas.Nupe and GWARI outnumber igalas who are only in kogi east.jukun are predominantly in NE like kanuri

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by slivertongue: 8:56pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

Tivs are the most numerous followed by HAUSAS except you are adding settler HAUSAS from nw ne.you have to add yorubas because they are indigenous to kwara and kogi,nothing like being more southern.it is puerile and can't fly

Yorubas and Hausas are more dominant elsewhere so they migrate and increase the population where their kith and kins are that's why i left them out. Hausas are found in pockets across the zone. Your library should have provided you enough information to know NC is home to indigenous people's of the North.
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by BeninRefugees: 10:02pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

Are there up to 500k

Less than but surely more than 200,000

and they should be acknowledged

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by forgiveness: 10:07pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

Yorubas are mainly in kwara and parts of kogi west but HAUSAS are in Niger,nasarawa,plateau,kwara etc

Yorubas are also in Niger state. Jebba to be precise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

Hmmm.which lgas do they dominate
Igalamela/Odulu in Kogi
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:16pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

An emir is a Muslim ruler of an emirate who is of Fulani origin
Emir is not Fulani originated, its and Arabian origin.

The fulani word for Emir is Lamido

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by LifeofDream: 10:19pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

I like the issues you raised,you anchored them well with sufficient points making the Taroks to deserve a notable mentions.even HAUSAS alone in NC outnumber yorubas.Nupe and GWARI outnumber igalas who are only in kogi east.jukun are predominantly in NE like kanuri
You don't know what you're saying, there's no way Hausa will be more than Yoruba in North Central..

Yoruba in North Central can only be outnumbered by the TIV, no other tribe has Yoruba population in NC.. 💯

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by LifeofDream: 10:29pm On Apr 10
ImmaculateJOE:

Igalamela/Odulu in Kogi
Igbo indigenous to NC central is less than 200k.. The population of igalamela/odulu is just 140k as of 2006 and Less than 30% of that is Igbo, there are far more igala... The fee Igbo carve into Benue are just border communities.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by Paraman: 10:31pm On Apr 10
garfield1:
1)
3) NUPE: they make up 40% of Niger state and 50% of kwara north.they are also present in small numbers in kogi and nasarawa.they number about 2.5 million.

If Nupe are 50% of the population in Kwara, what about the Yorubas?

Yoruba is at least 76% of Kwara population

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 10:40pm On Apr 10
Paraman:
If Nupe are 50% of the population in Kwara, what about the Yorubas?

Yoruba is at least 76% of Kwara population

I said kwara north.
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 10:41pm On Apr 10
ImmaculateJOE:

Emir is not Fulani originated, its and Arabian origin.

The fulani word for Emir is Lamido

All emirs in Nigeria are fulanis

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 10:43pm On Apr 10
ImmaculateJOE:

Igalamela/Odulu in Kogi

They are less than 200k and it's mostly igala

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 10:43pm On Apr 10
forgiveness:

Yorubas are also in Niger state. He Jebba to be precise.

Minorities compared to the Hausa
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 10:44pm On Apr 10
BeninRefugees:

Less than but surely more than 200,000

and they should be acknowledged

They can't except there over 500k

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by AmuDimpka: 10:50pm On Apr 10
Svoboda:

The fulani presence in jos should predate that of the igbos. Besides, their is a recognized emir of wase, a first class chief. Also, no igboman is buried in jos.
we have Igbo villages in Benue and Kogi State ...not as migrants but indigenous people
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:27pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

All emirs in Nigeria are fulanis
Is that what we are discussing..?

The guy you quoted that brought about this discussion said , Emir is a Islamic title, you come say no, na Fulani origin, which is not very true.
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 11:33pm On Apr 10
ImmaculateJOE:

Is that what we are discussing..?

The guy you quoted that brought about this discussion said , Emir is a Islamic title, you come say no, na Fulani origin, which is not very true.

I said emirs in Nigeria are fulanis and they usually rule where fulanis and HAUSAS have presence.that guy that said it svoboda is from anambra
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:36pm On Apr 10
Armaggedon:
very unreasonable explanation. An emir is a Muslim ruler not an ethnic ruler. Being buried somewhere is a choice and not really indicative of indigeneship.
Fulani presence predate Igbo, any evidence?
You are very correct, Emir is an Islamic ruler, or even more clearer an Arabian ruler.

The Fulani word for Emir is Lamido.
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:38pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

An emir is a Muslim ruler of an emirate who is of Fulani origin
This is what you said earlier.
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:40pm On Apr 10
garfield1:

I said emirs in Nigeria are fulanis and they usually rule where fulanis and HAUSAS have presence.that guy that said it svoboda is from anambra
What is the sense in mentioning that the guy who said so so, is from Anambra...?

Abi you want start an ethnic profiling like you people normally do..?

You said Emir is Fulani originated, which is not true.
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 11:47pm On Apr 10
ImmaculateJOE:

This is what you said earlier.

It seems you have comprehension problem or you are being deliberately mischievous or you simply chose to misapprehend the sentence like ihedioha vs uzodinma.even a mad man knows I meant that an emir must be Fulani in Nigerian settings not a Fulani creation as you wrongly believe
Re: Top 7 Largest Ethnicities In The North Central by garfield1: 11:50pm On Apr 10
ImmaculateJOE:

What is the sense in mentioning that the guy who said so so, is from Anambra...?

Abi you want start an ethnic profiling like you people normally do..?

You said Emir is Fulani originated, which is not true.

To show you that he's of your stock and is unbiased.he was just trying to educate the gullible ones that they are two Fulani Emirates in plateau

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Much Are We Contributing To Development Back Home? / Notorious Tony Anenih Is Back As The New Npa Chairman / Yar’adua; Pray For His Body And Soul Thursday —t.b. Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.