Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (413 Views)

Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 8 Years Of Waiting / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. / Met Used Condom On My 8 Months Wife Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Pacesetter2021: 6:00am On Apr 11

1 Like

Re: . by RoyalBlu(f): 6:23am On Apr 11
Just take a walk or a ride to the High Court nearest to you. You'll get the answers you seek at their Registry department.

1 Like

Re: . by immortalcrown(m): 7:08am On Apr 11
The most important thing is, have you learnt to not use Google to choose names for your children?
Re: . by Kajaard: 7:13am On Apr 11
Pacesetter2021:
We named our child based on what we found on Google whereas the true meaning of the name is devotee to a certain goddess.

I believe that at 8 years old, it is not too late to correct this error and change her name. Unfortunately I have no idea how to start.

Please any advise as to how we can go about this will help

Then solemn advise to my fellow parents, please dig deep and know the true meaning of your child's name or better still, stick to the ones in the bible.

The devil is not playing out here.

Go and do a change of name and put it in the national newspaper if you have the funds. Then swear to an affidavit in court. That's all. Your child now has a legal new name. Thank me later.
Re: . by tommy589(m): 7:32am On Apr 11
I guess it's not an African name grin
Re: . by Pacesetter2021: 8:46am On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
The most important thing is, have you learnt to not use Google to choose names for your children?
I have learnt the hard way.

1 Like

Re: . by frozen70(f): 5:43pm On Apr 11
Pacesetter2021:
We named our child based on what we found on Google whereas the true meaning of the name is devotee to a certain goddess.

I believe that at 8 years old, it is not too late to correct this error and change her name. Unfortunately I have no idea how to start.

Please any advise as to how we can go about this will help

Then solemn advise to my fellow parents, please dig deep and know the true meaning of your child's name or better still, stick to the ones in the bible.

The devil is not playing out here.

Nothing much, get another birth certificate and go to NIN to get him enrolled for NIN, take both NIN and the new birth certificate to the school and effect the name in the school records, that's all

1 Like

Re: . by Mariangeles(f): 6:02pm On Apr 11
Pacesetter2021:
I have learnt the hard way.

What name is that?

4 Likes

Re: . by henrimoto(m): 8:44am On Apr 12
Kajaard:

Go and do a change of name and put it in the national newspaper if you have the funds. Then swear to an affidavit in court. That's all. Your child now has a legal new name. Thank me later.
Kajaard, which one be "if you have the funds" ? It doesn't cost much to do the above. Even, the court Affidavit.
Re: . by Kajaard: 9:28am On Apr 12
henrimoto:
Kajaard, which one be "if you have the funds" ? It doesn't cost much to do the above. Even, the court Affidavit.

It's good to put it out there so at least they have an idea that the newspaper advert will cost them some token at least. An advert in the papers name change section will set them back a minimum of 75 - 100k going by this years inflation rate.
Re: . by henrimoto(m): 9:39am On Apr 12
Kajaard:

It's good to put it out there so at least they have an idea that the newspaper advert will cost them some token at least. An advert in the papers name change section will set them back a minimum of 75 - 100k going by this years inflation rate.
.. Abeg, let me ask o, which part of Nigeria you dey stay ?

.. advert of change of names on news paper na very small rectangular column, e no reach 12k. The 12k I mentioned sef is on the high side.

Then court Affidavit no reach 10k too. So, it's not up to what you think.

1 Like

Re: . by Kajaard: 9:43am On Apr 12
henrimoto:
.. Abeg, let me ask o, which part of Nigeria you dey stay ?

.. advert of change of names on news paper na very small rectangular column, e no reach 12k. The 12k I mentioned sef is on the high side.

Then court Affidavit no reach 10k too. So, it's not up to what you think.

Haa that cheap? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I have been away for too long so no blame me. I thought prices in naija skyrockets on a daily basis, that's why I used that figure cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by henrimoto(m): 9:46am On Apr 12
Kajaard:

Haa that cheap? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I have been away for too long so no blame me. I thought prices in naija skyrockets on a daily basis, that's why I used that figure cheesy grin cheesy
E no cheap like that o, e still dey hard alot of us to pay. E no easy for 9ja.

1 Like

Re: . by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:26pm On Apr 12
Don't stress yourself go to the school change the name, when it's time to enroll him on nin do it, their is no need for going to court and newspaper since he doesn't have an bank account/education certificate that needs amended

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To I And All Other June15 Babies / You Need To Read This! / We Resolve All Life Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.