Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines (27481 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Man Jailed For Smoking On Board An Air Peace Flight / Air Peace Flight Lost A Tire While Landing At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Lemos14: 9:52am On Apr 11
Blaze14k:

Same fool saying air peace should have consulted other airline's 😂😂😂

That boy is very inconsistent and a nuisance. He should go back to school or if he is a graduate, learn a trade. He is all over the place being incoherent and unproductive.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by sultanofpigs: 9:52am On Apr 11
Its a good idea he can also wakeup the African airlines with a 'FIVE Star Alliance' type framework that will enable African carriers have passengers interconnectivity on the African continent. That will really smash the Monopoly enjoyed by

Air France
British Airways
Lufthansa

etc etc etc...

Nice submission grin

ignis:
What was Airpeace expecting ? I'm sure Onyema was not expecting an easy ride of Goat meat peppersoup, Afang soup with Pounded Yam.

There is competition and politics in aviation just like every other business. I expect Airpeace to explore their competitive advantages. Especially linking the London flights with local flights to various domestic Airports in Nigeria. Such that passengers can board from Kano, Abuja, Enugu, Anambra, PH etc with a seamless luggage transfer at Lagos Airport
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by ryloy: 9:52am On Apr 11
Barzinime:
You just come online and type jargons.
What is Warren Buffett doing?

That is for you to research before responding.

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Pimine: 9:53am On Apr 11
mytime24:
Goodnews for customers 😂

Not for long. If they succeed in pushing Air Peace out, they'll increase their fare 300% like it used to be. Watch out.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by djon78(m): 9:54am On Apr 11
004gist:

Buhari made Nigeria what it is today. How he turn blind eyes naira went low.

Exactly yes

The Naira debacle he caused it
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Goalnaldo(m): 9:54am On Apr 11
Even though I've never been to the four walls of an airport, I know healthy competitions always benefit people.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by martineverest(m): 9:56am On Apr 11
I don't think it's air peace ..it's the rise of naira and clearance of avation forex backlogs
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by northbird: 9:56am On Apr 11
BarrElChapo:

You’re not aware that Dstv decoders is now 100k and gotv 56k ?

Stop the lies. Gotv is 10k.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by MT: 9:57am On Apr 11
From the article, this is the quote that will save Air Peace:

"According to him, what would save Nigerian carriers was patriotism as well as government support"

The questions are:

1. Are Nigerians patriotic enough?

2. Is Nigeria Government ready to give Air Peace all the support it needs?
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Blaze14k: 9:59am On Apr 11
Lemos14:

That boy is very inconsistent and a nuisance. He should go back to school or if he is a graduate, learn a trade. He is all over the place being incoherent and unproductive.

Helinues has not realised he is part of Nigeria's problem. They are busy shouting enemies of Nigeria buh refusing to give anybody chance. Thank God tinubu have seen what we saw I pray he continue to do more for us.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by BarrElChapo(m): 10:01am On Apr 11
northbird:

There's no lie. Look at the poster very well besides the second screenshot is from Jumia. Why not do your research before commenting in order not to sound dotty on the long run.

I take this back I thought were commenting on the thread I created on the issue. Look at the poster below. The first is from DStv the other Jumia

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by treatise: 10:02am On Apr 11
ryloy:
Airlines business is not a profitable business . No serious businessman is into aviation business. As said by someone " no top 100 billionaire in the world is into aviation business" it's all fancy and glamour with no profitability or liquidity.

Since it is a very low margin business... volumes and routes are key . That's why having a national carrier is most.

We also need competition in local flights. It is currently too pricey and these guys are cheating customers. How can a flight of less than one hour to the east be #500k during festive season. That is devilish.
This is a submission from a Native/Rural Economist
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by wolebest: 10:03am On Apr 11
Islie:
•Keyamo commends Gatwick Airport for welcoming Nigerian carrier

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/04/11/air-peace-flight-to-london-sparks-price-war-among-foreign-airlines%3famp=1

Nigerians must patronise Air Peace and help sustain it.

Minister Keyamo don't let this project fail.

I wonder why foreign airlines will be providing services for our teeming travellers at the detriment of local airlines.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by koning: 10:05am On Apr 11
"Egyptair has dropped its Lagos-London economy ticket price further to ($470) N585,620; Air Peace London to Lagos now goes for ($655) N816, 130; British Airways goes for ($787.99) N981, 848; Virgin Atlantic ($927.99) N1.1 million and Royal Air Moroc ($456.99) N569,422."

This is outright wickedness. How the hell do you go from almost N2m to N585 and 569 thousand.

This shows that Nigeriand arebeing ripped off all the while. we suspected that already, but it's now confirmed.

I urge all Nigerians to continue flying Airpeace.

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Btruth: 10:05am On Apr 11
.......this is what should happen to all the products from Dangote and the rest monopolists. Government should license others that can import or produces their products.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by SeriouslySense(m): 10:08am On Apr 11
Even flights from India to europe are cheaper than flight from nigeria to London, and india is four times more farther, No wonder they are happy when they see Nigerians cheesy grin grin grin
koning:
"Egyptair has dropped its Lagos-London economy ticket price further to ($470) N585,620; Air Peace London to Lagos now goes for ($655) N816, 130; British Airways goes for ($787.99) N981, 848; Virgin Atlantic ($927.99) N1.1 million and Royal Air Moroc ($456.99) N569,422."

This is outright wickedness. How the hell do you go from almost N2m to N585 and 569 thousand.

This shows that Nigeriand arebeing ripped off all the while. we suspected that already, but it's now confirmed.

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by PHIPEX(m): 10:08am On Apr 11
ignis:
What was Airpeace expecting ? I'm sure Onyema was not expecting an easy ride of Goat meat peppersoup, Afang soup with Pounded Yam.

There is competition and politics in aviation just like every other business. I expect Airpeace to explore their competitive advantages. Especially linking the London flights with local flights to various domestic Airports in Nigeria. Such that passengers can board from Kano, Abuja, Enugu, Anambra, PH etc with a seamless luggage transfer at Lagos Airport.
Some of you don't have sense

If Dangote cement sells for 10k per bag and a new entrant pegs his price at 2k knowing the cost of production is 1k, then Dangote crashes his price to 500 naira all of a sudden in order to drive iut the new entrant, you will.come and blame the new entrant right. Once again some of you don't have sense
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 10:08am On Apr 11
northbird:

Gotv is now 56k
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Marpol2021(m): 10:10am On Apr 11
Air peace all the way
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Tektronics12: 10:12am On Apr 11
To be Honest, Air Peace is Still Pricey. 800,000 Naira for Return Ticket is a Fair Price. Add on Price for front and best Seat, wine and Food should be key ways of Making Money. Merchandise and Deploy Algorithm also to understand customer needs.

They could also introduce points like Avios or skymiles to keep Loyal Customers. Wish them the Very Best but Aviation is a very Dynamic Business.
Islie:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/04/11/air-peace-flight-to-london-sparks-price-war-among-foreign-airlines%3famp=1
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Pain(m): 10:27am On Apr 11
The only sustainable way out for the shark laden bloody waters called the airline industry is for the Tinubu Government to Adopt or Partner with Airpeace.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:33am On Apr 11
DrChukki:
Imagine how prices of things will crash in Nigeria if we can leave corruption and tribalism and support local investors

Some Nigerian big heads never wanted this Airpeace - London flight to work because they know what they're benefiting... Thank God no more food for them.

Like I used to say, if we don't use this opportunity a Southerner is the president and fix Nigeria, next time it's going to the north, we're completely finished

Mr onyenma want to come and cash out but unfortunately it's too late. I won't patronize him at the expense of my pocket.

Me first no onyenma
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Perseverance127: 10:34am On Apr 11
How I wish same thing could happen in the oil and power sector.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Cantonese: 10:34am On Apr 11
ryloy:
Airlines business is not a profitable business . No serious businessman is into aviation business. As said by someone " no top 100 billionaire in the world is into aviation business" it's all fancy and glamour with no profitability or liquidity.

Since it is a very low margin business... volumes and routes are key . That's why having a national carrier is most.

We also need competition in local flights. It is currently too pricey and these guys are cheating customers. How can a flight of less than one hour to the east be #500k during festive season. That is devilish.

Not profitable and Richard Branson, one of the richest on earth, continues with Virgin Atlantic? Not profitable and yet airlines were making three things from Nigeria for services to other countries, until Air peace entered the route? Not profitable and the airlines charge such huge amounts to SE airports, reaping citizens using that route? Not profitable, yet airlines like Lufthansa, Air France, Royal Maroc and BA have been in business for uncountable years?

Airlines fail when there is poor management. Airlines fail when they are not able to meet debt repayments, e. g. Laker air in 1981, which failed for their inability to meet the debt obligations. Airlines fail when there is unfair competition from other airlines, as experienced with Bellview and Medview on the same London route. Airlines fail when there is massive corruption and large scale embezzlement, like Nigerian airways. Airlines also fail due to unfair government policies.

As stated earlier, our government can make it easier for citizens by making Air peace pay lesser for aviation fuel. Again, make repatriation of funds difficult for foreign airlines, thereby causing them to lose interest.

Government also must intervene on the local routes, where airlines tell us that passenger pressure is the major cause of high fares to the SE. Airlines, including Air peace are complicit in it.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by dettolgel: 10:36am On Apr 11
leo047:
This people are ready to fly at a lost just to undermine AirPeace because the have the financial war chest to play the game, but at the end na we Nigerians go decide wether Airpeace will make headway or not

The money for airline comes mostly from add-ons and cargos.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Cantonese: 10:37am On Apr 11
MICHEALADEX:

Mr onyenma want to come and cash out but unfortunately it's too late. I won't patronize him at the expense of my pocket.

Me first no onyenma

Na your wahala be that.

For now, please mind your local day to day danfo and molue buses.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Tonytonex(m): 10:38am On Apr 11
Islie:

This is the kind of Nigerians we need now in this country.
Dangote should emulate this Igbo man.
No be to dey increase price of his products like madness
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Cantonese: 10:40am On Apr 11
koning:

When we talk about wickedness, we must not fail to include the evil Nigerians who make it possible for the country and citizens to be reaped off in that manner.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by adebowales: 10:41am On Apr 11
004gist:
This foreign airline that made me travel all the way to Cotonou before I could board a flight going to London for 450k
while Nigeria was showing 1.2m to 1.5m that was last year.

I kept on asking why is it like this? The Cotonou airport self is not that busy na we Nigerians come make am busy.. More than half of the plane na Naija full am.

This foreign airline are very wicked,heartless as they said their money was trapped in Nigeria that was why they had to charge Nigerians 3 times what other African countries pay.

Even the Cotonou weh I enter plan from to London na naira I used pay not dollar

Government need to ensure that they are taxed heavily, then reduce tax for airspeace to be able to compete better with them
I believe govt understand their game and make sure air peace isn’t frustrated out
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by ignis: 10:44am On Apr 11
PHIPEX:
Some of you don't have sense

If Dangote cement sells for 10k per bag and a new entrant pegs his price at 2k knowing the cost of production is 1k, then Dangote crashes his price to 500 naira all of a sudden in order to drive iut the new entrant, you will.come and blame the new entrant right. Once again some of you don't have sense

I can see your sense is full and pouring... Yet you don't know what is competitive advantage in business.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by Timmi: 10:44am On Apr 11
leo047:
This people are ready to fly at a lost just to undermine AirPeace because the have the financial war chest to play the game, but at the end na we Nigerians go decide wether Airpeace will make headway or not

No airline is trying to undermine AirPeace. Airline business is based on the survival of the leanest. And there is no gang up either against AirPeace either. It happened all the time in any market, for instance in the US, if JetBlue or any of the low cost carrier enter a market, the dominant carrier, say Delta will match the low carrier price to retain their market dominance. If JetBlue can’t survive in the price range for a long term, they will abandon that market and immediately Delta will default to its original price. It is the survival of the fittest.

AirPeace has to find a way to either match the price to retain the market, even with sentiments on their side, customers still want to be sure they are getting better price and of course excellent service. No need to be sentimental and start a blame game or use a gang-up trump card. The airline business is dog eat dog. The traveling public is better for it. Unfortunately, we don’t have that competition within the local market and that’s why a one hour flight is costing over 100k Naira because of lack of competition and where there is competition, the airlines collude to keep the ticket fare high.
Re: Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines by adebowales: 10:48am On Apr 11
sultanofpigs:
Its a good idea he can also wakeup the African airlines with a 'FIVE Star Alliance' type framework that will enable African carriers have passengers interconnectivity on the African continent. That will really smash the Monopoly enjoyed by

Air France
British Airways
Lufthansa

etc etc etc...

Nice submission grin

more also! The Nigeria govt should find a way to make air peace gets subsidized aviation fuel at a cheap cost which will further help air peace operations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sights & Sounds Of Obollo Afor In Enugu State: Pictures & Video / His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja / Accident In Lekki Kills 2, Injures Another 2 (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.