Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life (59259 Views)

Junior Pope Odonwodo Welcomes Third Child (Pictures) / Kcee And E-money Gift Junior Pope A Lexus SUV (photos) / Junior Pope Odonwodo, His Wife And Children Rock Matching Outfits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by bigdammyj: 1:45pm On Apr 11
Noted.
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Shinjawestern: 1:45pm On Apr 11
Which one we go blv?
He die abi he no die?
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Maj196(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11
The other side of life = Death
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Bmaster(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11
I blame nobody.
Pov:Nobody
What gone be gone be undecided

Rip Jnr pope John
#who~does~dat#
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by shogosco: 1:46pm On Apr 11
....not until the guy was sent to the other side of life cry
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by CaptainJune: 1:46pm On Apr 11
May the soul of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by TUANKU(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11
justdream:
Why calling for her head? Was she in the boat or rocked it? Was she in charge of life guard and never issued it to the crew?
It's unfortunate that such a sad incident happened but throwing blames and indicting the producer is unfair. May the souls of the departed rest in peace. Amen.
It's her project you dork. If your building collapse during construction it doesn't matter if you where there present or not you will still be charged for it.
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by babajero(m): 1:49pm On Apr 11
nlfpmod:
The title of the movie that claimed the life of Nollywood actor, Jnr Pope is "The Other Side of Life".

It was produced by Nollywood actress and producer, Adanma Luke, who recently welcomed her first child few months ago.

Some are calling out the producer and calling for her arrest.
Your assertion doesn't make any sense at all.
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by VIKTO83(m): 1:49pm On Apr 11
Obi was also without life jacket.
If the boat had capsize they will say it was APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by BuyMeBanger: 1:51pm On Apr 11
I know 'death' occurs everywhere but why does it feel that death is so synonymous with Nigeria It's almost like a pastime sad.
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by soccerlite: 1:51pm On Apr 11
Were they shooting the film in the capsized boat ⛵
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Inobeyourmate: 1:53pm On Apr 11
A guy posted here may be this morning or yesterday that bloggers won’t let us rest concerning this jnr pope guy throughout this week, now I am starting to believe him, you people should please let us rest, we are all destined to die, one way or the other, all of us go kpai. No he today people deu die
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by soccerlite: 1:53pm On Apr 11
TUANKU:

It's her project you dork. If your building collapse during construction it doesn't matter if you where there present or not you will still be charged for it.

You mean they were shooting a scene in the capsized boat
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Mandate1: 1:53pm On Apr 11
triple996:
Nigerians are very reckless people. If government enforce strict measures on boat rides without life jackets, na still "we" go still insult them. Just know that people will still travel on boat without life jacket saying :

......I cover myself in d blood of jesus

........that's how Allah wished
make dem enforce óò.
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:55pm On Apr 11
Chai! And they made a tragical definition of the movie. embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by AuwalYusuf812(m): 1:55pm On Apr 11
Now he is witnessing the othe side of life indeed. He need to see the other side of life tongue this life no be wetin person fit use ordinary eyes see sad
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by kendrick9(m): 1:55pm On Apr 11
seunny4lif:
This school need to be shut down.
Reckless behaviour
Funny enough I was around this age when I took my first boat ride from Rivers state to Bayelsa. alongside some family members.
I was so enthusiastic then...even dipped my fingers in thewaters....lol
Thinking about it now, no life jackets then...
The kind of risks and excitements that comes with being a child

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Aspayastudenthu(f): 1:57pm On Apr 11
Actors turning producers with no strong learning, training and development is one of the problems in Nollywood. Every actor is now a producer. Without going through the rigorous learning process, you may grow but with the isolation of key knowledge and awareness which eventually lead to drastic circumstances and outcomes such as in this case. My question is this: "Aren't there adequate measures to ensure absolute health and safety procedures are followed in the movie industry"? Who travels through such a body of water without a life jacket and makes a video of their bravery even before reaching the final destination - what message are these celebrities sending across??

RIP to him.

PS: I am not apportioning blame but simply suggesting that Nollywood actors should take their time and prepare for their growth. Delay is not denial. If you must be a producer, get it right and ban*ing. I have a lot to talk to these Nollywood actors about including health and safety, well-being, insurance and most importantly integrity. Most of them are getting it wrong...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by bluefilm: 1:57pm On Apr 11
He has moved on to the other side of Life: Life After Death
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Giantsking: 1:58pm On Apr 11
triple996:
Nigerians are very reckless people. If government enforce strict measures on boat rides without life jackets, na still "we" go still insult them. Just know that people will still travel on boat without life jacket saying :

......I cover myself in d blood of jesus

........that's how Allah wished
. You're very correct, how on earth would someone travel on boat without life and you don't know how to swim, if they must shoot the said film on boat, must they go far to the deeper side. Now this has sent some people to the other side of life. So painful

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by RealSolution001: 2:02pm On Apr 11
Truths9ja:
Hmm 🧐 may his gentle soul rest in perfect Peace . A life jacket 🧥 will have saved him. Rip jnr pope

Shows you how life has no value in Nigeria. Why didnt they use life jackets?

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by uuzba(m): 2:02pm On Apr 11
Quelme:
Avoidable death by every stretch of the imagination.

In US, movie industry brings about a lot of business.
How?
Well a lot of technicians are involved in creating and maintaining every equipment used in the film
And all these technicians are paid justly for their service.
The movie is watched mainly in cinemas where people buy movie tickets.
The ticket money is used to pay the actors and ALL the supporting staff.
That is their cultural model that works very fine for them.
Since every supporting staff/technician gets paid well, then the movie quality is always very high.
In Nigeria, we simply don't have same culture.
Bring out your great film and people will pirate it today.
No money for you and your effort.
As a result, technicians and supporting staff will not lend a hand to make sure equipment functions well.
Hence the reason these guys took a rubbish boat with no safety jacket and died in the process.
Who's fault really is it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Personperson01(f): 2:05pm On Apr 11
oluwaseyi0:
Useless blogger have started, no movie took his life

It's his own stupidity, coupled with his fellow Nigerian stupidity that took his life

1) he enter overcrowded boat without life jackets in a huge water body (self stupidity, he's not a kid)

2) after boat capsized no diver or emergency rescuer in sight (system stupidity)

3) when he was finally rescued no CPR or mouth to mouth breathing was done (another society stupidity)

4) he was taken to mortuary, thank goodness he is not a Muslim he will have been taking to burial site straight away

OoooooKkkkkk.....

5) after mortuary rejection he was taken to a juju place rather than hospital or CPR (another dysfunctional religious brain set of society)

6) finally been dragged to the hospital it's too late and guy man finally succumbed, guess there is so many things 'Jesus cannot do'

7) his young family is about to be robbed of his body as they are claiming his body must be buried in an unknown riverside (just imagine this same set of people are alive when Mary Slessor want to stop killing of twins, they will have fought vehemently against it and claimed killing of twins is a tradition that must never ever end
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by AutoChick4U(f): 2:05pm On Apr 11
oluwaseyi0:
Useless blogger have started, no movie took his life

It's his own stupidity, coupled with his fellow Nigerian stupidity that took his life

1) he enter overcrowded boat without life jackets in a huge water body (self stupidity, he's not a kid)

2) after boat capsized no diver or emergency rescuer in sight (system stupidity)

3) when he was finally rescued no CPR or mouth to mouth breathing was done (another society stupidity)

4) he was taken to mortuary, thank goodness he is not a Muslim he will have been taking to burial site straight away

5) after mortuary rejection he was taken to a juju place rather than hospital or CPR (another dysfunctional religious brain set of society)

6) finally been dragged to the hospital it's too late and guy man finally succumbed, guess there is so many things 'Jesus cannot do'

7) his young family is about to be robbed of his body as they are claiming his body must be buried in an unknown riverside (just imagine this same set of people are alive when Mary Slessor want to stop killing of twins, they will have fought vehemently against it and claimed killing of twins is a tradition that must never ever end
Why mortuary attendant no help am
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Truths9ja: 2:05pm On Apr 11
RealSolution001:

Shows you how life has no value in Nigeria. Why didnt they use life jackets?
even the late actor is ignorant too. He will Have put on the life jacket to save his life
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by Jewessgratitud3: 2:05pm On Apr 11
Chai see man wey handsome complete finish nothing remain just go like that... shocked. Na wa o this life.. hm!
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by uuzba(m): 2:06pm On Apr 11
RealSolution001:

Shows you how life has no value in Nigeria. Why didn't they use life jackets?
I'm really very sorry for this.
Life jacket is costly. They don't have money for it. ...
They were trying to save costs...
They're not sure how much the movie will make as we have no structured way of getting money from movies.
Nigerians will pirate the movie and no money will get back to the makers despite all their efforts.
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by APOPTOSIS: 2:07pm On Apr 11
How much is a Lifejacket to an iPhone 14?

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by APOPTOSIS: 2:08pm On Apr 11
uuzba:

I'm really very sorry for this.
Life jacket is costly. They don't have money for it. ...
They were trying to save costs...
They're not sure how much the movie will make as we have no structured way of getting money from movies.
Nigerians will pirate the movie and no money will get back to the makers despite all their efforts.
Is a Lifejacket more expensive than an iPhone?
We really need to research

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by LockDown69(m): 2:08pm On Apr 11
I thought another news was making rounds that he was revived and is alive?
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by ABANGWABOI(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11
Na woman produce the movie??
They are very stingy and barely conform to standards...
She didn't provide Life jackets.. didn't provide Divers to go along side them...
And if you check.. the movie sponsors and stakeholders has released funds for those expenditure...
She should be arrested, jailed wnd the keys thrown into bobrisky's stomach..
Re: The Other Side Of Life: The Movie That Took Junior Pope's Life by geoworldedu: 2:10pm On Apr 11
seunny4lif:
This school need to be shut down.
Reckless behaviour
Hmm. But life jackets, who should be providing it, the boatmen or the passengers? I think boatmen should always have life jackets to supply to their passengers, same way bike riders should have helmets to supply to their passengers. Also, the school should have insisted on not travelling on a boat without life jacket. That's where they were wrong.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Portable Celebrates His 28th Birthday (Photos) / Kingsley Orji 'Egbeigwe' Arrives India For Surgery (Photos) / Biodun Okeowo: I Cried Day My Ex-Husband Remarried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.