Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) (43733 Views)

Prince Vincent Ogbulafor Is Dead! (Ex-PDP National Chairman Dies At 73) / Alao Akala Is Dead. Ex-Oyo State Governor Dies At 71 / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by Svoboda(m): 8:27pm On Apr 11
slivertongue:

Onu is a clear minded, humble and principled man. Well his values will ever be cherished even if he never made into the Presidency. Values will always outlive position and status

His character was seen as impeccable as his custom white attire. He was just too conscious of his reputation that he'd rather refrain from sleeze, even when he had the window to tow the notorious nigerian factor line. Apart from being a politician, he was also a very brilliant academic.

RIP sir.

2 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by Tellmeastory: 8:39pm On Apr 11
72 was too young to pass.

Good journey to the land of our ancestors, Chief.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by UjuJoan2: 9:08pm On Apr 11
Juliusganduje:
Kiddo, if it were to be your father that died, would you be shining teeth like you did here? This is someone's father and grandfather. Have some conscience man.

I think his son used to be a Nairalander.

My heart goes out to the family, may God console them.

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by LifeofDream: 9:26pm On Apr 11
ObiPandora:
Is that how you igbos respect dead from other tribes Awolowo Abiola to name a few.

I'm not even Igbo, check name before attacking people..
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by Kumta: 9:56pm On Apr 11
NOETHNICITY:
This is one very gentle Igbo politician I loved
Gentleman to the core
Same here. I loved him for his gentility, calmness, very knowledgeable and steadfast. I admired him for the fact that he remained in the opposition during Obasanjo and GEJ era, which shows that he was a principled politician.
Rest in peace sir

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by BiafraAburi: 10:33pm On Apr 11
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Saboteur to the core.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by ufuosman(m): 10:05am On Apr 12
RIP
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by BabaRamota1980: 12:00pm On Apr 12
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) by ZiktotheWorld: 10:35pm On Apr 13
RIP Minister.

so touching!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung Wore This To Visit El-Rufai At Kaduna Govt House (Pics) / CNN Adverts: FG Must Punish Dangote, Zenithbank, Globacom - Bode George / Bukola Saraki Watches LeBron James Play Basketball In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.