Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) (40163 Views)

Nollywood Actor Jerry Amilo Trends As He Debuts New Look (pic/video) / Prince Eke Acquires American Citizenship (Photos) / Muma Gee, Prince Eke And Their Children Step Out For Lunch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Truths9ja: 2:23pm On Apr 11
Such a very s£nseless man - Actor Prince Eke sl@ms Jerry Amilo for posting a video of the late Jnr. Pope’s corpse on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2s9t3PwJlg?si=df2I7bneKJy5IREM

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Truths9ja: 2:24pm On Apr 11
Hmm 🤔 no one respect the dead again

“He even added watermark”- Fans calls out actor Jerry Amilo for posting video of Jnr Pope’s corpse at hospital

Jerry Amilo, a Nollywood actor, has faced backlash on social media after posting about his colleague Jnr Pope Odonwodo’s passing.

Recall when on April 10, 2024, the 39-year-old actor sadly lost his life in a boat accident while filming a movie?

Jerry Amilo posted a video of the late actor’s body on his own Instagram page shortly after it was confirmed that Jnr Pope had passed away.

Amilo recorded the body of Junior Pope on the film, lying in the hospital bed with wads of cotton wool covering his nose and ears.

Emeka Rollas, president of the Actors’ Guild of Nigeria (AGN), was also in attendance.

Amilo added his name as a watermark to the video on Facebook.

He also shared a caption where he prayed for the deceased to rest well and even tagged the late actor’s Instagram handle.

In his words: “MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE AMEN @jnrpope”

Many online users attacked Jerry Amilo in his comment area on social media shortly after he shared the body of John Pope. Many of them referred to him as a clout-chaser who was insensitive.

See a few of their remarks below:

wealthmirac_: “Which kind Mumu song be this na celebration we dey do , see person die painful death una dey play immolenization . But why is nolly wood just full of hate …why.”

nneorie_: “This is wrong. Why posting this video

official_udykevin: “Wicked souls, I bet he is happy deep inside .”

everestofficial1: “People who want to know the benefits of living abroad. Here is one of them. Careless is taking so many lives in Nigeria.”

Mr_horlic: “if you know how people go far in announcing your demise, u go know say this life no balance.”

bahdt_girl_annie1: “These people are just interested in first to post new update.”

Udyfoods: “This is soo wrong.”

kamsy_ikechiukwu: “After suffering for many years, You could not even enjoy his new building what kind of life is this.”

yujayy: “That bleached goat.”

sasha_itota: “Everything for content especially Facebook people, na so those hungry content creators dey do video back to back say what they don’t know.”

jay_scotch_autos: “They don’t bl00dy care about the repercussions. They just want to post something and get unnecessary traffic to their page. He even added watermark.”

parker_ojugo: “Our entertainment industry is full of clout and eye service!!!!!!”

https://www.gistlover.com/he-even-added-watermark-fans-calls-out-actor-jerry-amilo-for-posting-video-of-jnr-popes-corpse-at-hospital/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Truths9ja: 2:24pm On Apr 11
Nawaoooo. may his gentle soul rest in perfect Peace . A life jacket 🧥 will have saved him. Rip jnr pope

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by immortalcrown(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11
Posting the video might be considered disrespectful on emotional basis. Not that videos, even gory ones, of dead people do not appear on social media almost everyday.

The issue here is that Nigerians are attacking Amilo because he himself chases clout too much. If the video was posted by Linda Ikeji, Gist Lover or another celebrity, Nigerians will not complain. Nigerians judge actions based on personalities, not based on the actions themselves.

That is a sign of double standards because the reason Linda or Gist Lover will post such a video without being attacked is the same reason Amilo posted the video but Amilo is attacked. As a matter of fact, the public was desperate for the video. If posting such a video for the public is wrong, why would one person be supported for such a post while another person is condemned for such a post? Do you now understand that what is condemned is Amilo's personality and not the video he posted? I repeat, Amilo himself caused it because he chases clout too much. I noticed it when Odumeje began to trend some years ago.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by yinkus6750(m): 2:36pm On Apr 11
Just so sad.
Live continues.lessons learnt, but do people correct themselves?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by sofeo(m): 3:48pm On Apr 11
It's well.
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Truths9ja: 3:48pm On Apr 11
Junior Pope’s Death: 10 Important Boat Safety Tips That Everyone Should Know

The recent tragic event involving Nollywood actor Pope Odonwodo, popularly known as Junior Pope, serves as a poignant reminder of the criticality of adhering to boat safety measures. In this incident, Pope, along with three companions, tragically lost their lives in a boating mishap. This unfortunate occurrence underscores the inherent risks associated with water activities and highlights the necessity for individuals to prioritize safety precautions when embarking on such ventures.

The loss of Pope and his companions serves as a somber wake-up call for both boating enthusiasts and the general public, emphasizing the importance of vigilance and adherence to safety protocols while on the water. This tragic event underscores the need for heightened awareness, thorough preparation, and strict adherence to safety guidelines to mitigate the risks inherent in boating activities, ultimately aiming to prevent similar tragedies from occurring in the future.

In this piece, Osun Defender has gathered 10 important boat safety tips that everyone should know;

1. Wear Life Jackets: Always wear properly fitting life jackets while on board, especially if you’re not a strong swimmer or in rough waters.

2. Check Weather Conditions: Before heading out, check weather forecasts and be prepared for changing conditions. Avoid going out in storms or high winds.

3. Learn to Swim: Knowing how to swim is crucial for everyone on board. Consider taking swimming lessons if you’re not confident in your abilities.

4. Boat Maintenance: Regularly inspect your boat for any signs of wear and tear, and ensure all equipment, including lights, navigation systems, and safety gear, are in good working condition.

5. Follow Navigation Rules: Understand and follow all navigation rules and regulations, including speed limits, right-of-way, and navigation aids.

6. Avoid Alcohol: Operating a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs is illegal and extremely dangerous. Alcohol impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time, increasing the risk of accidents.

7. Inform Someone: Before heading out, let someone on land know your plans, including your route and estimated return time. This way, they can alert authorities if you don’t return as planned.

8. Stay Alert: Always keep a lookout for other boats, swimmers, and obstacles in the water. Distractions like phones or loud music can impair your ability to stay aware of your surroundings.

9. Know Emergency Procedures: Familiarize yourself with emergency procedures, including how to use distress signals, fire extinguishers, and first aid kits. Conduct regular safety drills with your passengers.

10. Take a Boating Safety Course: Consider taking a boating safety course to learn essential skills and regulations. Many organizations offer courses both online and in-person.

By following these tips, you can help ensure a safe and enjoyable boating experience for everyone on board.

https://www.osundefender.com/junior-popes-death-10-important-boat-safety-tips-that-everyone-should-know/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:49pm On Apr 11
This is just a painful and avoidable death.
So sad.
Just imagine the beautiful family he left behind.
A guy under 40 years old at the peak of its Career.
May untimely death never be our portion in life. 🙏

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:50pm On Apr 11
Some people don’t bl00dy care about the repercussions.
They just want to post something and get unnecessary traffic to their page.
Stupidity and foolishness at its peak.

thinkmoney:

This event is similar to the last experience I had at helping a dying victim. What I do in such case is that I shout and show a strong character. I order them to give space, I lie him down and ascertain if he has anything (dirty water, mud or weed as may happen in this case) blocking his airways. I check for pulse and breathing. If they are faint or non-existent (or I am not even sure) I start CPR immediately.
The person may not show any sign for even 30 minutes but I will persist. Humans are strong and it takes a lot before we finally die even when people have stopped breathing.
The last accident victim I helped moved his hand after about 20+ minutes of persistence even while still unconscious and pushed back at my hands pumping down on his chest. I took it to mean a good sign. I gave him a chance at life.
Every seconds is important.
As a society we are in a bad state and we don’t know. We do not know much we are only loud.
May God glorify himself over Young Pope’s Life.
God bless you for saving a life 🙏

2shure:
I had ghastly accident 3 years ago,I fainted and stopped breathing for good 30minutes. By the time i woke up. I was very sad ,why because I came back to life in nigeria again. I felt I had already accended to heaven and was eating fried rice and chicken,with 5alive
May God grant your heart desires...
May God gives you the desire of your dreams.

Meanwhile,
We pray death will not be your portion.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Crafteck1: 3:50pm On Apr 11
Same people that say we mourn in different ways vexing for person wey dey in shock of losing hin person, if dem no post am una go talk say dem bury life person like mo
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Thundafireseun: 3:51pm On Apr 11

imagine the crowd that gathered Jnr pope yesterday…. Nobody knew what is CPR or how it is administered

Nobody is safe In Nigeria…As Long as you live here in Nigeria…

Nigeria will come for you 😤😤😤

4 Likes

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Obviouslyblunt: 3:51pm On Apr 11
This guy is a fool though, not everything is clout. Even the westerners post picture of their dead it’s nothing new. Jerry didn’t record that video.

6 Likes

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by maureensylvia(f): 3:51pm On Apr 11
somehow it’s a breach of privacy
He probably did it with good intentions at least to clear people’s doubts

The slammer too is chasing clout

Everyone should rest

7 Likes

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Entanglement: 3:51pm On Apr 11
Truths9ja:
Such a very s£nseless man - Actor Prince Eke sl@ms Jerry Amilo for posting a video of the late Jnr. Pope’s corpse on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2s9t3PwJlg?si=df2I7bneKJy5IREM
so na Instagram flitter this man dey use to make his face fair?

Rip man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Amayabor1: 3:52pm On Apr 11
I saw the video of the corpse and I just shook my head.

Very useless and senseless man. Bleached clown!

1 Like

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Truths9ja: 3:53pm On Apr 11
Entanglement:
so na Instagram flitter this man dey use to make his face fair?

Rip man
hmm 🤔 na dark man now
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by fredoooooo: 3:54pm On Apr 11
Foolish set of people, they will be running to post first without confirming if reporrt is true... Bunch of phooleesh beings. No iota of common sense.

15 Likes

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:54pm On Apr 11
Face of the senseless man.....
Posting the pic of the corpse of his colleague just few minutes after his death!!
On to what end?!
To be the person that break the terrible news like one Udoka do here on a daily basis?
Very shameful and unnecessary......

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by aikyg(m): 3:55pm On Apr 11
Unnecessary!
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by bigdammyj: 3:55pm On Apr 11
Noted.
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by ignis: 3:55pm On Apr 11
Please allow the dead to rest in peace.
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Mikelarteta(m): 3:56pm On Apr 11
Totally wrong. The way someone are, you will think they are happy when people die. He may never have posted his picture celebrating his birthday or something nice but quick to post his corpse. Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Izuchukwu70: 3:57pm On Apr 11
Truths9ja:
Hmm 🤔 no one respect the dead again

“He even added watermark”- Fans calls out actor Jerry Amilo for posting video of Jnr Pope’s corpse at hospital

Jerry Amilo, a Nollywood actor, has faced backlash on social media after posting about his colleague Jnr Pope Odonwodo’s passing.

Recall when on April 10, 2024, the 39-year-old actor sadly lost his life in a boat accident while filming a movie?

Jerry Amilo posted a video of the late actor’s body on his own Instagram page shortly after it was confirmed that Jnr Pope had passed away.

Amilo recorded the body of Junior Pope on the film, lying in the hospital bed with wads of cotton wool covering his nose and ears.

Emeka Rollas, president of the Actors’ Guild of Nigeria (AGN), was also in attendance.

Amilo added his name as a watermark to the video on Facebook.

He also shared a caption where he prayed for the deceased to rest well and even tagged the late actor’s Instagram handle.

In his words: “MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE AMEN @jnrpope”

Many online users attacked Jerry Amilo in his comment area on social media shortly after he shared the body of John Pope. Many of them referred to him as a clout-chaser who was insensitive.

See a few of their remarks below:

wealthmirac_: “Which kind Mumu song be this na celebration we dey do , see person die painful death una dey play immolenization . But why is nolly wood just full of hate …why.”

nneorie_: “This is wrong. Why posting this video

official_udykevin: “Wicked souls, I bet he is happy deep inside .”

everestofficial1: “People who want to know the benefits of living abroad. Here is one of them. Careless is taking so many lives in Nigeria.”

Mr_horlic: “if you know how people go far in announcing your demise, u go know say this life no balance.”

bahdt_girl_annie1: “These people are just interested in first to post new update.”

Udyfoods: “This is soo wrong.”

kamsy_ikechiukwu: “After suffering for many years, You could not even enjoy his new building what kind of life is this.”

yujayy: “That bleached goat.”

sasha_itota: “Everything for content especially Facebook people, na so those hungry content creators dey do video back to back say what they don’t know.”

jay_scotch_autos: “They don’t bl00dy care about the repercussions. They just want to post something and get unnecessary traffic to their page. He even added watermark.”

parker_ojugo: “Our entertainment industry is full of clout and eye service!!!!!!”

https://www.gistlover.com/he-even-added-watermark-fans-calls-out-actor-jerry-amilo-for-posting-video-of-jnr-popes-corpse-at-hospital/

One Mumu self hater say this one of the benefits of living abroad. Mumu Google the rate of people wey dey drown every day in America. People don't use life jacket everywhere, only the sensible ones dey use life jackets. Most people think they have 2 lives.

4 Likes

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Truths9ja: 3:58pm On Apr 11
Izuchukwu70:

One Mumu self hater say this one of the benefits of living abroad. Mumu Google the rate of people wey dey drown every day in America. People don't use life jacket everywhere, only the sensible ones dey use life jackets. Most people think they have 2 lives.
people wey dey drown abroad plenty no be small
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by triple996(m): 3:58pm On Apr 11
Hj
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by IMASTEX: 3:58pm On Apr 11
Too bad
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Emmanuel909090: 3:59pm On Apr 11
Thought they said he survived ?
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Divoc19(f): 4:00pm On Apr 11
There is nothing wrong here. The man is a public figure and will want his death and life to be celebrated. Nigerians and emotional attachment.
RIP Pope, till we meet again.
Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by MuslimIgbo: 4:00pm On Apr 11
MOST NIGERIANS ARE IRREMEDIABLE FOOLS, BOTH OLD AND YOUNG.
THEY ARE SENSELESS CLOUT CHASERS AND HYPOCRITES.

Even yesterday, people's status were just filled with senseless epistles before his death was confirmed.
Many made a fool of themselves to delete their senseless posts when there was another news that he was still alive.

Most people won't post you when you do good things or make a success, but the moment something bad or evil be falls you, they rush to post the news. A TYPICAL EXAMPLE IS THAT GÌST LOVER OF IYABO OJO AND TONTO DIKEH, VERY SENSELESS OLD FOOL CARGOES.

IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH ALL OF YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by seunny4lif(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11
The last born is even less than 2 years old.
Very young family as in how will she cope with 3 kids alone? Unless both of them had millions of naira hiding somewhere.

I pray he doesn’t have a father like Mobad’s father ooooh, else hmmmm

God help us all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eke Slams Jerry Amilo For Posting Jnr Pope Corpse On Facebook(vid) by Proserpina: 4:00pm On Apr 11

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sophia Momodu (davido's Babymama) Shares Embarrassing Moment She Had At The Bank / Emilia Samuel: 'Theo Ukpaa Raped & Disvirgined Me At 16' / Peter Okoye Advertises His Vevo Channel Following Fall Out With His Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.