Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin (743 Views)

Team Puff-puff Or Team Buns: Which One Are You? (pictures) / How To Make Crunchy Buns At Home. / Woman Buys Meat Pie In Onitsha, Finds Egg In It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin by Cedarlivia(f): 3:13pm On Apr 14
You could process and sell this, you know smiley. I will gladly buy cheesy.
Re: How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin by chicfarmer: 8:44pm On Apr 14
RevenuesBoost:

Cassava flour and garri comes from same raw material (cassava)

The difference between cassava flour and garri is in the processing. It's texture are different.

Garri is Coarse.

Cassava flour is smooth.

When processing cassava flour, your cassava is grated twice, pressed, sun-dried or use a dryer and it's filtered.

Some people dry the cassava before grating it, you need good sun to do this or your cassava will rot.
So I prefer grating before drying.

When processing garri, your cassava is grated once, pressed, filtered, then dried using fire and a pot or pan.

I experimented on frying garri, it tasted horrible.

There's this cassava meal they make in my place, you eat it together with beans. I'll look for the photo.
They call it "Cassava Akara", you make your cassava akara, the very day the cassava is grated.
Just like beans akara, you can't grate your cassava today and make your akara tomorrow.
It tastes really good.

If this your cassava akara is what I'm thinking it is, then it goes well with coconut. Am I right?
Re: How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:46pm On Apr 15
chicfarmer:

If this your cassava akara is what I'm thinking it is, then it goes well with coconut. Am I right?

I think it should, although I've never made that combo before.
Re: How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:50pm On Apr 15
Cedarlivia:
You could process and sell this, you know smiley. I will gladly buy cheesy.

We will make some for supplies very soon.
We are working on getting NAFDAC number for local sales and exports.

1 Like

Re: How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin by Cedarlivia(f): 4:32pm On Apr 15
Great. Will be looking forward to that. I tried sending you a mail, but don't know if it went through.
RevenuesBoost:

We will some for supplies very soon.
We are working on getting NAFDAC number for local sales and exports.

1 Like

Re: How I Used My Home-Made Cassava Flour To Make Paw-Paw Pie, Buns And Chin Chin by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:39pm On Apr 15
Cedarlivia:
Great. Will be looking forward to that. I tried sending you a mail, but don't know if it went through.

Thanks for reaching out to my WhatsApp. 🤝

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bitter Leaf Soup / Who Knows Cameroonian Dishes? If Yes What's Your Favorite? / Bolognese Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.