Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum (9228 Views)

WAFCON 2022: I’m Proud Of My Team – Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum / Best Eleven Players Mikel Has Played With Over The Course Of His Career? / Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by robosky02(m): 9:13pm On Apr 11
'Football is played with your head' — Super Falcons coach Waldrum gloats after leading Nigeria to Olympic qualification

Randy Waldrum was in a celebratory mood after Nigeria's crucial win over South Africa
Super Falcons head coach Randy Waldrum basked in the glory of Nigeria's qualification for the 2024 Olympics, emphasising the cerebral aspect of the beautiful game.

Nigeria beat South Africa to reach Olympics
Waldrum's tenure as head coach of the Super Falcons reached a new high as he guided Nigeria to their first Olympic Games Women’s tournament since 2008. The team's hard-fought victory over fierce rivals South Africa sealed their passage to the 2024 Olympics in Paris, ending a 16-year wait for Olympic participation.

In a tense encounter against South Africa, Nigeria held their nerve to secure a 1-0 aggregate victory following a goalless draw in Pretoria. The Super Falcons' disciplined performance mirrored their coach's tactical acumen, as they relied on solid defence and strategic play to earn their ticket to Paris.

A Quote from the Maestro
Following the win over South Africa, Randy Waldrum took to social media to share a poignant message, drawing inspiration from the legendary Italian midfielder Andrea Pirlo.

In a tweet, Waldrum proclaimed, "Football is played with your head. Your feet are just the tools," encapsulating the cerebral approach to the sport that guided Nigeria to victory.

The Group of Death Awaits
Nigeria's qualification for the Olympics comes with the challenge of navigating through a formidable group. Group C, dubbed the "Group of Death," features reigning World and UEFA Nations League champions Spain, along with Asian powerhouses Japan and the renowned Samba Queens of Brazil. Despite the daunting task ahead, Waldrum's tactical prowess will be crucial in guiding the Super Falcons through this formidable lineup of opponents.

As Nigeria's Super Falcons prepare to embark on their Olympic journey, Randy Waldrum's poetic celebration serves as a reminder of the importance of strategy and intelligence in football. With their coach's sage guidance and a blend of skill and determination, the Super Falcons will aim to make their mark on the grand stage of the 2024 Olympics in Paris, fueled by the wisdom that "football is played with your head."

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/football-is-played-with-your-head-super-falcons-coach-waldrum-gloats-after-leading-nigeria-to-olympic-qualification-2024040920445343054

5 Likes

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by GanagiBitrus: 8:32pm On Apr 12
Good mental strength is needed.

10 Likes

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Nazgul: 8:32pm On Apr 12
Super falcons should make us proud in this Olympics. I'm rooting for them to grab a medal, even if it's bronze.

8 Likes

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Lawalemi(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12
Sha be careful with our girls

1 Like

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Jerewise332(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12
Sure... it's head game

4 Likes

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by tefishy(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12
Was it played with yansh before
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Blossomcresty(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12
Make e no deliver first, we go remind am.

Na only qualifications, u don de borrow people ooo.
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:33pm On Apr 12
Is there anything one does without using his head?

2 Likes

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by DeltaBachelor(m): 8:34pm On Apr 12
lol
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Ijobaorun(m): 8:34pm On Apr 12
Keep the ball rolling...
Go and bring the Olympic home...
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by NFBI: 8:35pm On Apr 12
We know
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by rinzaugustine: 8:35pm On Apr 12
This man brought in a lot of innovation into Nigerian football. The day I heard they were contemplating renewing this man’s contract I realized there is something wrong with Nigeria…something like is Nigeria condemned to not to ever work?

2 Likes

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by FireUpNow(m): 8:36pm On Apr 12
Lawalemi:
Sha be careful with our girls

Oga what do you mean?

1 Like

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by 99thEnemy(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12
cool
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Gbadugbakun(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12
I thought football was played with the legs. Which one is head again; ayam not understanding.

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by onecansee: 8:38pm On Apr 12
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:42pm On Apr 12
It’s actually the truth

It needs a lot of calculations and strategies
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Emman08: 8:50pm On Apr 12
In summary, South Africans no get head. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Lawalemi(m): 8:59pm On Apr 12
FireUpNow:

Oga what do you mean?
Nobody ask him for these lectures.
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Chicentt(f): 9:10pm On Apr 12
God bless you
rinzaugustine:
This man brought in a lot of innovation into Nigerian football. The day I heard they were contemplating renewing this man’s contract I realized there is something wrong with Nigeria…something like is Nigeria condemned to not to ever work?

1 Like

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:14pm On Apr 12
Definitely
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Pootle: 9:18pm On Apr 12
randy coach
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by VaginaAcademic: 9:24pm On Apr 12
I think say Olympics na for junior or younger players with additional 3 senior players

2 Likes

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by deji17: 9:44pm On Apr 12
We don start.. South Africa could have scored at least 2 goals , if not for our Goalie and some luck on our side...

1 Like

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by Acecube(m): 10:07pm On Apr 12
VaginaAcademic:
I think say Olympics na for junior or younger players with additional 3 senior players
Not for women
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by VaginaAcademic: 10:15pm On Apr 12
Acecube:
Not for women
ok thanks
Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by femi4: 10:50pm On Apr 12
Akwamkpuruamu:
Is there anything one does without using his head?
Balotelli

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by MrBONE2(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12
Emman08:
In summary, South Africans no get head. grin

cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Football Is Played With Your Head - Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum by ignis: 12:10am On Apr 13
Football is played with your legs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meaning Of The Name 'Okocha' / Bet9ja Has Stolen From Me, Please Help Me!!!! / FIFA Women's World Cup Starts Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.