Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku (16931 Views)

Again, Atiku Asks Tinubu To Reveal Full Cost Of Lagos-calabar Highway Project / Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project / Sanwo-Olu: We Will Deliver 6-Lane Lekki-Epe Highway Project 1st Quarter 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Kilometres: 10:42am On Apr 12
Sapeleboy911:

What do you mean by GOING AGAINST? He was never against the project, rather he was trying to expose the corruption surrounding the project.

And as for Inflating a project even though Atiku himself is not innocent, doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out when noticed no matter who is involved.

Exposure of corruption from Alhaji Atiku Abubakar? cheesy grin

OBJ will be laughing his ass out

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by professorPABX: 10:45am On Apr 12
Kukutenla:

Good one by Atiku and his team.
I'm sure he was able to expose this rot due to his knowledge of Tinubu as a man who enjoys shady dealings.

Umahi ought to be ashamed of himself. He's fast turning out to be the Amaechi of this administration.

It's obvious Atiku is playing very vibrant opposition on this matter. The project is shrouded in corruption and what is more shocking is the claim that the project will take 8 years (a total lifespan of a possible two- term Tinubu presidency) to complete. Anyone can easily see that it's a lie and there's a huge possibility the project will be used to settle friends and cronies and then handed over to a northern govt who will waste no time in abandoning it just like the Kano to Abuja road and the Maradi rail has been abandoned since this new administration took over

Obasanjo on Atiku in his book "My Watch"

Obasanjo on Atiku

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

I settled for Atiku Abubakar. Some of the reasons were he worked hard for the project, he never indicated interest in the job to me, he had worked closely with Shehu Yar'Adua and Shehu never passed any adverse comment on him,he had been elected as a Governor which already put him on the pedestal to move up politically, but he had been short- changed in the election that would have put M.K.O.Abiola in power, and he seemed to have some national outreach.
What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.
May be some of these traits and poor attributes are not easy to see until you work with the person concerned. And those who should tell would keep quite so that they would not be accused of running others down .
For instance until later, when a distinguished chief from Bauchi pointed out to me the value of pedigree, queried Atiku's pedigree and blamed me for making a wrong choice, I did not pay attention to Atiku's parental background.

Furthermore until all efforts to help Atiku change had failed- and having stumbled upon a report of inquiry carried out on him- I asked one of my predecessors why he did not inform me of how bad the report was and he said that he thought I knew.
He said, " This was a man I wanted to dismiss and jail but for the intervention of Shagaya and Shehu Yar'Adua. ". I took him at face value. However if his appointment was an error, I fully accepted responsibility for the genuine mistake.
And knowing all that I discovered about him, what would have been an unpardonable mistake and sin against God would have been to foist him on Nigeria."

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by AngelicBeing: 10:47am On Apr 12
professorPABX:

Atiku is a FRAUD and you are one of his accomplices. I think Prof Pat Utomi can see what is happening. When I left nairaland (babaolofin) I promised never to return but some people forcibly brought me here during Presidential yacht misinformation and later on this project because of Senator Ningi's allegation. I observed Prof Pat Utomi joined in the budget padding diversion of Obidient people rather than faced the crux of the matter raised by Ningi. I had said Prof Pat Utomi ought to know that Ningi's allegation is mainly because of the Lagos Calabar Highway Project announced by Umahi and the release of FG Counterpart funding for the first section of the project. I think everybody can now see the crux of the matter.

Senator Ningi's listed major projects in the North which he said are abandoned and never mentioned any project in the South (Southwest and South South) .

You have also brought the same accusations though yours is not elaborate you only mentioned Maradi railroad and Abuja Kano highway projects. I will remind you that Lagos Ibadan expressway is less than 150km and Tinubu government in less than one year through David Umahi has been everywhere on projects despite a bastardized economy he inherited.

The main thing is that Atiku believes he owns Nigeria with his co-travellers. Atiku fought OBJ as a VP. Jonathan and Osinbajo were just like errand boys to their principals. I will stop on this for now.

Why didn't he invite Amaechi to come and defend Rail project to Maradi? He should have invited Kyari to come and defend Ajaokuta Kaduna Kano pipeline project. Billions of dollars spent to prospect for oil in the North for 4 decades should be probed by Atiku. The 16 years of Atiku's INTEL Logistics deals at the Seaports during Obasanjo and Yaradua Jonathan government should also be probed . Atiku never played opposition when Nigeria was being impoverished with dubious Maritime deals, Petroleum (oilfields and crude oil) deals, Defence and Security Contracts deals because they own Nigeria. It is their birthright.

Yaradua Jonathan did not save one Kobo as president and spent estimated $25 billion dollars out of the money ($60 billion) Obj left . OBJ met $5.5 billion in the reserve as at May 29, 1999 and left $60 billion in 2007 after paying debt. Jonathan still borrowed. Everything was looted. Atiku never said anything. Less than one year Tinubu government cleared a forex backlog of 7 billion dollars.

Where was Atiku during Buhari government? I remembered he played opposition by being the father of the bride during Buhari's daughter wedding. It is now very clear when IBB said he was threatened not to handover to ABIOLA.

tongue
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by ribbit: 10:48am On Apr 12
Southerners are absolutely senseless.

If they like, let them build the road with 1trillion dollars per kilometers, as long it is done, I'm okay with.

Is atiku, one of the most corrupt scumbag Nigeria has ever produced criticizing the project from the goodness of his heart? Buhari was building highway to Niger republic, how many northerners came to question how much is being spent or why the project is even existing?

It reaches the turn of the south, these stupid southerners are cheering atiku.

Bunch of fhv ctards.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by alimiadedayo1: 10:49am On Apr 12
Juliusganduje:
A big shame on you. Atiku, a man that is already made for life is defending your future, but all you could come up with is to insult him. If you are above 20 and still reason like this, then you are beyond redemption.

Do you think this guy above has future? it doesn't have future that is why he is saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by danzaki63: 10:50am On Apr 12
he way the minister is going about this project, it smells like another big and gigantic Elephant project. it will never start and it will never finish. Why not use this money to finish ajoakuta stell rolling mill that will generate money. if you know how much a ton of 16''mm cost right now, you will know why i make this suggestion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Akinpresident: 10:50am On Apr 12
All of you praising Abia govo should go and ask similar questions in Abia. Nobody knows the amount of any project in the state.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by alimiadedayo1: 10:51am On Apr 12
professorPABX:

Obasanjo on Atiku

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

I settled for Atiku Abubakar. Some of the reasons were he worked hard for the project, he never indicated interest in the job to me, he had worked closely with Shehu Yar'Adua and Shehu never passed any adverse comment on him,he had been elected as a Governor which already put him on the pedestal to move up politically, but he had been short- changed in the election that would have put M.K.O.Abiola in power, and he seemed to have some national outreach.
What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.
May be some of these traits and poor attributes are not easy to see until you work with the person concerned. And those who should tell would keep quite so that they would not be accused of running others down .
For instance until later, when a distinguished chief from Bauchi pointed out to me the value of pedigree, queried Atiku's pedigree and blamed me for making a wrong choice, I did not pay attention to Atiku's parental background.

Furthermore until all efforts to help Atiku change had failed- and having stumbled upon a report of inquiry carried out on him- I asked one of my predecessors why he did not inform me of how bad the report was and he said that he thought I knew.
He said, " This was a man I wanted to dismiss and jail but for the intervention of Shagaya and Shehu Yar'Adua. ". I took him at face value. However if his appointment was an error, I fully accepted responsibility for the genuine mistake.
And knowing all that I discovered about him, what would have been an unpardonable mistake and sin against God would have been to foist him on Nigeria."

your brain is damaged are we talking about Atiku or the present Government? that shows deluded you are..Is Atiku the current president of Nigeria? they should waste your pregnancy if they know they will give birth a nonsense like you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by DrAkpamudehe: 10:53am On Apr 12
soil4soil:
But all the construction from South West to Adamawa is fraud or waste.

A vice president that thinks like kindergarten

Some one that wants to be president thinking like a baby

I am sorry for you and your generation. Tufia...
Atiku and his next 10 generations would never suffer. Keep behaving like an anuofia

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Bluntemperor: 10:59am On Apr 12
The Opposition In Nigeria Is Politics With Bitterness:
Atiku is a bitter man,never sincere and he prefers to go to Dubai and enjoy there.
Besides,this is a Project that was put forward by his PDP, the during GEJ -Era but like the 2nd -Niger- Bridge Project - that was just on Drawing Paper, until Buhari started and completed it!
•If because (Atiku) PDP and LP failed in their elections bids,so they can not see the Great Economy Turnaround that is coming with this Projects like:
1•the huge Housing Sector coming along the States, including the Estates Development.
2• the Agricultural Development Sector in Every States and along these Corridors
3 •the huge transport-development- roads and rail,with high income, coming to both the Federal and States,as revenues.
3•Fishing sector - involving - boats and high grade Ships from abroad!
4.the Industrial Development cum Companies that will employ more Youths in their millions,etc.
•Is it because Tinubu is in Power - that both Atiku and LP are against it or playing Politics of Bitterness - as they did during Emefiele's Naira Design, that till date, NTrillions of CBN have gone unaccounted for? I'm surprised that even LP has to be dragged into these! Let join hand to make Nigeria Great.
We can't play politics on what is good for the Youths and Future of Nigeria!
•Southerners, especially, should not fall for the Atiku 's selfish approach to what will lift Nigeria Economy up.
•Have you been to America or Irish Coastal-Construction Projects, it's amazing.
If anyone has doubts,you go there- to the Project Sight and see for yourself, and tell us,if it's relevant now ,for the Future or not!
So,let this Lagos-Calabar Coastal-Projects be!
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Asgard007: 11:01am On Apr 12
Same chagoury and chagoury
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Golan007: 11:01am On Apr 12
Juliusganduje:
A big shame on you. Atiku, a man that is already made for life is defending your future, but all you could come up with is to insult him. If you are above 20 and still reason like this, then you are beyond redemption.

He is made for life yet stole PTDF money according to US Lawmakers.

Joke's on you.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by erico2k2(m): 11:07am On Apr 12
[quote author=iwaeda post=129390518][/quote]
This is such a waste, why not upgrade the east west road instead, they aint even finished that road.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:08am On Apr 12
Kilometres:

Exposure of corruption from Alhaji Atiku Abubakar? cheesy grin

OBJ will be laughing his ass out
The OBJ himself was never innocent, but that didn't stop him from exposing Atikus's corruption. Why not attack the message instead of the messenger? This shouldn't be too hard to understand.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by TheTravelingOne(f): 11:10am On Apr 12
100% facts. They stay coming up with BS to loot. Imagine how rich you would be doing that for 4-8 years smdh.
I’m tired of these people.

Offpoint1:
Atiku should rest...

We all know 60% of funds budgeted for the project will be embezzled, and we all know the project will be completed in 50 years time
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Available9: 11:11am On Apr 12
soil4soil:

4 billion naira per kilometer ? What rubbish are you supporting..I hate to share same country with you animals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Honestey: 11:16am On Apr 12
Going by this level of Atiku's hyper reaction to this project I'm smelling a big big fish. It's either,

Alh Atiku had that Coaster Highway project in his mind if he was able to win the race for presidency or

Alh Atiku is 100% certain that this project alone will make Tinubu become the greatest hero among political class now and in the future.

As a person I think Tinubu is actually using this project to cut wing of people who are probably syphoning our natural resources along the coast.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by dequir: 11:22am On Apr 12
IGBOponu:

Let be frank to purse. Tinubu is not doing well for Nigeria 🇳🇬. I wish Arewa can pressure Tinubu on this cheap work
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by ASAPFERG: 11:24am On Apr 12
They should use that money to repair all existing federal roads, and stop wasting money on irrelevant projects...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by nathyx(m): 11:25am On Apr 12
This Umahi sounds like a scrupulous Lier say the truth and the truth will set you free smiley
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Dchampion65: 11:32am On Apr 12
Kukutenla:

Good one by Atiku and his team.
*[/b]I'm sure he was able to expose this rot due to his knowledge of Tinubu as a man who enjoys shady dealings.[b]

Umahi ought to be ashamed of himself. He's fast turning out to be the Amaechi of this administration.

It's obvious Atiku is playing very vibrant opposition on this matter. The project is shrouded in corruption and what is more shocking is the claim that the project will take 8 years (a total lifespan of a possible two- term Tinubu presidency) to complete. Anyone can easily see that it's a lie and there's a huge possibility the project will be used to settle friends and cronies and then handed over to a northern govt who will waste no time in abandoning it just like the Kano to Abuja road and the Maradi rail has been abandoned since this new administration took over

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Kukutenla: 11:36am On Apr 12
Dchampion65:

What is the relationship between this and the points he raised?
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Kukutenla: 11:37am On Apr 12
professorPABX:

Obasanjo on Atiku

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

What is the relationship between this and the points he raised about the shenanigans in the project

You sound like a charlatan
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by jaxxy(m): 11:37am On Apr 12
Corruption as usual
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Kukutenla: 11:38am On Apr 12
zionstaar75:
keep crying. Ask yourself why atiku is focused on this project?he knows he won't get any votes from the south once the work reaches substantial level in 2027 but morons like you who can't see beyond their nose can't see jack

What substantial level will the work reach in 2027? Assuming the work does not reach substantial level by 2027, will you vote for Atiku based on that? It is only retarded simpletons lie you who cannot separate ethnic posturing from issues of public probity and accountability

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Christistruth00: 11:43am On Apr 12
Juliusganduje:

Is it this Atiku you are talking about or a different one ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Bizibi(m): 11:44am On Apr 12
It seems the president is serious about the port in Calabar,I will ignore atiku rant on this.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:44am On Apr 12
soil4soil:

Please read logically. Someone I know we love and hate people, but read, so you can criticize when necessary.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by TENHEU22(m): 11:49am On Apr 12
[quotqe author=iwaeda post=129390518][/quote] But the road from Katsina to Niger Republic is not a fraud.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Kukutenla: 11:49am On Apr 12
professorPABX:

Atiku is a FRAUD and you are one of his accomplices. I think Prof Pat Utomi can see what is happening. When I left nairaland (babaolofin) I promised never to return but some people forcibly brought me here during Presidential yacht misinformation and later on this project because of Senator Ningi's allegation. I observed Prof Pat Utomi joined in the budget padding discussion which Obidient people started rather than faced the crux of the matter raised by Ningi. I had said Prof Pat Utomi as an intellectual ought to know that Ningi's allegation is mainly because of the Lagos Calabar Highway Project announced by Umahi and the release of FG Counterpart funding for the first section of the project. I think everybody can now see the crux of the matter.

Senator Ningi listed major projects in the North which he said are abandoned and never mentioned any project in the South (Southwest and South South) .

You have also brought the same accusations though yours is not elaborate you only mentioned Maradi railroad and Abuja Kano highway projects. I will remind you that Lagos Ibadan expressway is less than 150km and Tinubu government in less than one year through David Umahi has been everywhere on projects despite a bastardized economy he inherited. More importantly, you said Tinubu cannot finish the road and any Northern government will abandon it. Is that not how Yaradua killed OLOKOLA LNG project started by OBJ?

The main thing is that Atiku believes he owns Nigeria with his co-travellers. Atiku fought OBJ as a VP. Jonathan and Osinbajo were just like errand boys to their principals. I will stop on this for now.

Why didn't he invite Amaechi to come and defend Rail project to Maradi? He should have invited Kyari to come and defend Ajaokuta Kaduna Kano pipeline project. Billions of dollars spent to prospect for oil in the North for 4 decades should be probed by Atiku. The 16 years of Atiku's INTEL Logistics deals at the Seaports during Obasanjo and Yaradua Jonathan government should also be probed . Atiku never played opposition when Nigeria was being impoverished with dubious Maritime deals, Petroleum (oilfields and crude oil) deals, Defence and Security Contracts deals because they own Nigeria. It is their birthright.

Yaradua Jonathan did not save one Kobo as president and spent estimated $25 billion dollars out of the money ($60 billion) Obj left . OBJ met $5.5 billion in the reserve as at May 29, 1999 and left $60 billion in 2007 after paying debt. Jonathan still borrowed. Everything was looted. Atiku never said anything. Less than one year Tinubu government cleared a forex backlog of 7 billion dollars.

Where was Atiku during Buhari government? I remembered he played opposition by being the father of the bride during Buhari's daughter wedding. It is now very clear when IBB said he was threatened not to handover to ABIOLA.

Remove the professor from your moniker. You sound too disoriented and illogical to be one.

The main crux of Atiku's argument if looked at without ethnic bias will ensure the project does not become another Kano-Kaduna or Kano-Maradi project. The points he raised are critical to the life of the project. But you can't see that because your head is buried deep in ethnic chauvinism.

Where were you guys when Buhari as wasting money and resources on all those things you mentioned? Let me guess. You were busy shouting sai Baba and calling anyone who raised any objection an enemy of state. Yet you're here to blame Atiku today for not speaking up.

Meanwhile ethnic champions like you always conveniently ignore the fact that Buhari admin completed Lagos-Ibadan rail and 2nd Niger bridge all in the South. It is his abandoned projects up north you use to justify your defence of a shady and shoddy contract that even the Minister of Works is finding difficult to defend.

Same zombie worship you gave to Buhari for 8 years is what you have started with Tinubu. When he is called out, instead of considering the question raised with a bit of commonsense, you bend to ethnic jingoism.

All the trash about OBJ and Yaradua etc become convenient for you when you want to hide under North/South divide to defend a scam. Is Obasanjo now a good president? Is Jonathan now a southerner who was hampered by the north? I am ashamed at how morally fickle you lots are!!

The point Atiku is making is that the road is contractually twisted. He is not complaining about the award of the contract but the shady nature of the award. Can you be intelligent enough to decipher between the two?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by pocom16: 11:53am On Apr 12
Opinedecandid:
Are there toll gates on those routes Buhari/Ameachi built to Niget Republic?
I am just curious.

Mention the one built to Niger
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by coolgb(m): 11:54am On Apr 12
Baba Don dey waste money on elections since time immemorial without returns.
This project really pain am say dem no carry am along
Someone dat has bags of corruption allegations on his neck while he was vp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba’s Sack Illegal-Police Council Not Consulted As Required By the Constitution / Port Harcourt Refinery Misses June Target / Sheriff Gains Control Of Party’s National secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.