Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku (16933 Views)

Again, Atiku Asks Tinubu To Reveal Full Cost Of Lagos-calabar Highway Project / Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project / Sanwo-Olu: We Will Deliver 6-Lane Lekki-Epe Highway Project 1st Quarter 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by AbujaLagos: 3:46pm On Apr 12
shortgun:
Tinubu is the most corrupt person alive today angry
really?
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by AbujaLagos: 3:48pm On Apr 12
When dem dey construct one to Niger republic e no talk. My oga you just wake up?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by NinjaMetahuman: 4:01pm On Apr 12
pseudaria:

Shut your fucking mouth. Who wants a project that we all know will never be completed in 50yrs but just a conduit pipe for druggie and his cocaine dealing partner to siphone funds. Fucking neanderthals
so because it's gonna take 50years, they shouldn't do it?

Fucking brain dead mor0n.

This is the type of archaic ediot that will scream like a slowpoke when Tinubu started lagos metrol that took almost 20 years to complete but will be the first in line to enter it.

Fucking ediot.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by MomohMrMoore: 4:24pm On Apr 12
The same way Kano - Niger Railway project. Atiku dont want any major developmental project in the south. He and the north has been feeding on oil wealth from the south. What is the economic importance of Kano railway project to Niger republic? Why not Kano- Lagos or Kano Onitcha. You shall fail

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by gabbytabby: 4:50pm On Apr 12
At least it’s not highway to Dubai.

Nonsense Iwaeda find something meaningful to do.

[quote author=iwaeda post=129390518][/quote]
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Splashme: 5:17pm On Apr 12
When a thief is your president
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Dchampion65: 5:48pm On Apr 12
Kukutenla:

Oh good
So why support one thief over the other instead of worrying about the property being stolen

I am simply saying POT is calling KETTLE black grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Oghene86: 6:11pm On Apr 12
[quote author=iwaeda post=129390518][/quote]

Atiku go and resolve the issues in PDP first before you criticize Tinubu's administration, we all know APC government is messing up, but put your house in order and handle this Wike's issue, we don't know what to classify the kind of politics Wike is playing, he doesn't support the presidential and the governor of the party only the local government and house of assembly members.

So please let's have some clarity on this Wike's issue, I believe he has gone against the constitution of the party, so show him out, but I doubt which party he would join certainly not APC because Amaechi wouldn't receive him and the 27 lawmakers in APC, Okocha doesn't have the structure of APC in Rivers State, it's still with Amaechi, that's why Wike can't decamp, now is your time to take back your pound of flesh and render Wike dead politically.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by olubless90: 7:27pm On Apr 12
Fraud or no fraud, my plea is that, the president must ensure the project is completed, because I know the benefit of the road to this country worth more than the cost.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Konquest: 7:28pm On Apr 12
professorPABX:

Obasanjo on Atiku in his book "My Watch"

Obasanjo on Atiku

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

I settled for Atiku Abubakar. Some of the reasons were he worked hard for the project, he never indicated interest in the job to me, he had worked closely with Shehu Yar'Adua and Shehu never passed any adverse comment on him,he had been elected as a Governor which already put him on the pedestal to move up politically, but he had been short- changed in the election that would have put M.K.O.Abiola in power, and he seemed to have some national outreach.
What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest.
May be some of these traits and poor attributes are not easy to see until you work with the person concerned. And those who should tell would keep quite so that they would not be accused of running others down .
For instance until later, when a distinguished chief from Bauchi pointed out to me the value of pedigree, queried Atiku's pedigree and blamed me for making a wrong choice, I did not pay attention to Atiku's parental background.

Furthermore until all efforts to help Atiku change had failed- and having stumbled upon a report of inquiry carried out on him- I asked one of my predecessors why he did not inform me of how bad the report was and he said that he thought I knew.
He said, " This was a man I wanted to dismiss and jail but for the intervention of Shagaya and Shehu Yar'Adua. ". I took him at face value. However if his appointment was an error, I fully accepted responsibility for the genuine mistake.
And knowing all that I discovered about him, what would have been an unpardonable mistake and sin against God would have been to foist him on Nigeria."
This dude called Atiku Abubakar was also sacked from the Nigerian Customs for corruption during the Military dictatorship of Ibrahim Babangida.

Many of these guys or serial politicians like Atiku are purely dishonest and engage in cherry picking what to criticize. If he was the President, he would have been more brutal and spent a lot of public funds on constructing an expressway with 5 lanes on either side leading to his original ancestral home across the border in Cameroon without due diligence or official ratification.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by shortgun(m): 8:40pm On Apr 12
AbujaLagos:
really?
Yes
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Splashme: 9:02pm On Apr 12
Thiefņubu
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by pseudaria: 9:10pm On Apr 12
NinjaMetahuman:
so because it's gonna take 50years, they shouldn't do it?

Fucking brain dead mor0n.

This is the type of archaic ediot that will scream like a slowpoke when Tinubu started lagos metrol that took almost 20 years to complete but will be the first in line to enter it.

Fucking ediot.

Stupid fucking neanderthal. Tinubu didn't start shit but embezzled the entire budget for it which is why fashola and sanwolu borrowed 1.5billion $ for a metro that cost 150million. That kind of project is white elephant and it is wasteful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by blueAgent(m): 9:13pm On Apr 12
Kukutenla:

Remove the professor from your moniker. You sound too disoriented and illogical to be one.

The main crux of Atiku's argument if looked at without ethnic bias will ensure the project does not become another Kano-Kaduna or Kano-Maradi project. The points he raised are critical to the life of the project. But you can't see that because your head is buried deep in ethnic chauvinism.

Where were you guys when Buhari as wasting money and resources on all those things you mentioned? Let me guess. You were busy shouting sai Baba and calling anyone who raised any objection an enemy of state. Yet you're here to blame Atiku today for not speaking up.

Meanwhile ethnic champions like you always conveniently ignore the fact that Buhari admin completed Lagos-Ibadan rail and 2nd Niger bridge all in the South. It is his abandoned projects up north you use to justify your defence of a shady and shoddy contract that even the Minister of Works is finding difficult to defend.

Same zombie worship you gave to Buhari for 8 years is what you have started with Tinubu. When he is called out, instead of considering the question raised with a bit of commonsense, you bend to ethnic jingoism.

All the trash about OBJ and Yaradua etc become convenient for you when you want to hide under North/South divide to defend a scam. Is Obasanjo now a good president? Is Jonathan now a southerner who was hampered by the north? I am ashamed at how morally fickle you lots are!!

The point Atiku is making is that the road is contractually twisted. He is not complaining about the award of the contract but the shady nature of the award. Can you be intelligent enough to decipher between the two?

Excellent response
The clown was trying to sound intelligent, but made a fool of himself.
Clownish professor.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by AbujaLagos: 9:13pm On Apr 12
shortgun:

Yes
kpele
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by blueAgent(m): 9:15pm On Apr 12
pseudaria:

Look at the foolishness in your reasoning. How can a road project cost more than the entire 36 states annual budget. Chagoury HITECH that can barely repair apapa-tin can road was awarded the contract when Julius berger and ccecc are there. Appropriation bill was pegged at 500m initial release for the project but over 1trn has been released dubiously yet a fool like you is still typing foolishly instead of just admitting the entire project is a scam and a conduit pipe to embezzle recklessly. There would be no road but they will keep lying that the road is under construction while trillions will keep vanishing. Stupid bigoted race of morons who should be recolonised

What do you expect from a Zombie?
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by blueAgent(m): 9:59pm On Apr 12
Honestey:
Going by this level of Atiku's hyper reaction to this project I'm smelling a big big fish. It's either,

Alh Atiku had that Coaster Highway project in his mind if he was able to win the race for presidency or

Alh Atiku is 100% certain that this project alone will make Tinubu become the greatest hero among political class now and in the future.

As a person I think Tinubu is actually using this project to cut wing of people who are probably syphoning our natural resources along the coast.

Gosh!!! Are there ppl still daft like you?.

See comment cool
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by erico2k2(m): 11:05pm On Apr 12
Honestey:
Going by this level of Atiku's hyper reaction to this project I'm smelling a big big fish. It's either,

Alh Atiku had that Coaster Highway project in his mind if he was able to win the race for presidency or

Alh Atiku is 100% certain that this project alone will make Tinubu become the greatest hero among political class now and in the future.

As a person I think Tinubu is actually using this project to cut wing of people who are probably syphoning our natural resources along the coast.
cant you see there is nothing like project, we already have the East west road, so what's this?
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Uchek(m): 12:44am On Apr 13
Emi lo kan!

Kukutenla:

Good one by Atiku and his team.
I'm sure he was able to expose this rot due to his knowledge of Tinubu as a man who enjoys shady dealings.

Umahi ought to be ashamed of himself. He's fast turning out to be the Amaechi of this administration.

It's obvious Atiku is playing very vibrant opposition on this matter. The project is shrouded in corruption and what is more shocking is the claim that the project will take 8 years (a total lifespan of a possible two- term Tinubu presidency) to complete. Anyone can easily see that it's a lie and there's a huge possibility the project will be used to settle friends and cronies and then handed over to a northern govt who will waste no time in abandoning it just like the Kano to Abuja road and the Maradi rail has been abandoned since this new administration took over
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Atlantis585: 12:57am On Apr 13
Atiku biko stop all these noise.
Just go away.
Coastal Road connecting the South is a good thing.
I didn’t hear much from you when your dunce brother Buhari was connecting the North and Niger Republic by rail using Southern oil money.
Fact is you have tried multiple times to become president and have been rejected multiple times .
All these noise to become relevant won’t work.
Please step aside and just go away.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Atlantis585: 1:02am On Apr 13
Opinedecandid:
Are there toll gates on those routes Buhari/Ameachi built to Niget Republic?
I am just curious.

For where!
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by ScarletBrace(m): 3:57am On Apr 13
Chicagograduate:
Why does tinubu's sslivkers hate transparency?They embrace fraud more than honesty.

I tell you. They just love Tinubu’s mouth odor.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Yusufisraelj(m): 9:14am On Apr 13
vowiski:
4 billion naira per kilometer,,, cheesy

This is even without costing the rail part of the project.

No wonder Umahi left the senate…

Is it the same Nigeria government that has not been able to fix lokoja - Auchi - Benin road for 20 years? People hailing Tinubu for a road that will never go past Lagos.

If Tinubu was sincere, He would have started this Project from Calabar or started from both sides.. 22km in Lagos . 22km in Calabar.

Nigerians are just something else, too emotional and religious.

We suspend our thinking most times..

Nicely put.

4 billion per kilometer, kilode?

A standard road on the ground is 20 million or 25million per kilometer, you can ask any civil road engineer.

This figure doesn't make sense at all, they need to explain it clearly. Probably that will give more credibility.
Re: Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku by Splashme: 9:15am On Apr 13
Thieves in Aso Rock

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. / NNPC Commences Crude Oil Exploration In Nasarawa State / Sack Of Babachir & Oke: Buhari Should Be Impeached - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.