Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) (28590 Views)

Best Varsity: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Top Spot / LAUTECH: Nigeria Best State University in Pictures / FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:13pm On Apr 12
DenreleDave:
Great one Covenant..

My school sitting comfortably at number 5... Proud BUKITES

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hailing from Old site 👊
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by MightySparrow: 6:13pm On Apr 12
ejieddy:
Where is ABU Zaria? ATBU, BUK, UNIJOS?

Under the control of boko haram and bandits.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Onuminya1: 6:24pm On Apr 12
I can't find ABU on that list which suggests the list isnt authentic.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by stancydg: 6:32pm On Apr 12
The church again sets the pace here. Where are the atheists directing their frustrations to the church and pastors, instead of their inept leadership and government?

This proves with no doubt, that the continued existence of this nation is actually sustained by the advancement of the church and the multiplication of righteousness, otherwise it would have been worse than this.

The motivations, prayers and wisdom coming out of the various altars across the nation every sunday is the reason for the resilience and tenacity of most Nigerians despite the excruciating pains dealt by wrong leadership.

Step into Winners Canaanland and it's like a whole new world, coming from the hellish Otta axis/slum.

Step into Christ Embassy and you can literally touch excellence in the atmosphere. You can tell how excellently each one of their members carry out their duties wherever they work.

Enter RCCG' s Redemption Camp and get the true definition of functionality.

What about the Catholic Church, Deeper Life, Dunamis, Salvation Ministries, Agape Christian Ministries, HOR, Covenant Christian Centre, Daystar etc. Not to mention FGBMFI, the body that connects all christians worldwide.

All these bodies are doing excellently not just administratively but also making huge impacts in areas such as education, technology, agriculture et al; areas that are the traditional responsibilities of government.

I have stated it and will continue to reiterate that; "the most poorly administered branch church in Nigeria, functions better than the best government ministry, department and agency".

Those that question the impact of the proliferation of churches against the backdrop of increased criminality, should for a second, imagine Nigeria without churches and see if it won't burn.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by yommen: 6:52pm On Apr 12
bolaayenimo:
Yinmu...covenant advance secondary school to UI the first and the best

Na unna dey Sabi pass. This is world ranking list but you still chose to talk nonsense. A nobody feeling he knows better than an international organisation ranking.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Dennisochampa: 7:09pm On Apr 12
CartelKenneth:

Make poor man go the one wey him fit affford na😂

No be so missionary schools be that year.... Na every body get am..
Both rich and poor... If them no fit use all these kind things draw people close to God... Werin them Wan come use...
How e sound say... Poor man deh pay tithes and offerings every day... Them gather the money.. Use am build school... That same school, poor man pikin no fit afford to pay the school fees

1 Like

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by rummmy: 7:26pm On Apr 12
See where dem keep my futo...
Thunder fire south west....
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by UTEWUOJO: 7:27pm On Apr 12
FUT Minna ranking 30th, is this a joke or what?
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by ABANGWABOI(m): 7:41pm On Apr 12
Whoever drafted this list is a useless fool...
I didn't see the great University of Maiduguri here
Na mad person arrange this list ...
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by ABANGWABOI(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12
eedimo:
Where is my beloved Alma mater UNIMAID?

Maidite no mind them..
As I no see my Alma Mater UNIMAID on the list... I know say na mad person arrange the list....even fed uni Kashere if yesterday made the list....
They are not serious..

1 Like

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by sleeknaija(m): 7:52pm On Apr 12
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Albertone(m): 8:04pm On Apr 12
jose556:
Once upon a time, OAU used to rank top... If I say I don't know what happened to it, I lie...

What happened to it oo?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Fearyourcreator: 9:44pm On Apr 12
bolaayenimo:
Yinmu...covenant advance secondary school to UI the first and the best
Dey decieve yourself there ... Yeye lab wey dey una school ... Abeg enter CU research center your brain go open... You need visit the school abeg

3 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Fearyourcreator: 9:46pm On Apr 12
jose556:
Once upon a time, OAU used to rank top... If I say I don't know what happened to it, I lie...
Them don spoil that school, since I hear say ashake and some boys go there I dey like how come... OAU don turn yeye ooo

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by sunsweet33: 9:49pm On Apr 12
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Mavinsoladele(m): 10:05pm On Apr 12
LillyandDaisy:
Fuuuuuuuuuta

Are you a futarian? I am grin!

1 Like

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Mavinsoladele(m): 10:06pm On Apr 12
LegendHero:

Great Futarian great!!!!

cool
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by seanwilliam(m): 10:18pm On Apr 12
Ui wink

1 Like

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Augustenite(m): 11:08pm On Apr 12
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Amozever12: 11:20pm On Apr 12
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/full-list-covenant-beats-ui-futa-to-retain-nigerias-best-varsity-spot/?amp

Bayero University ahead of my beloved Ahmadu Bello University( ABU) Zaria.
ABU is not even among the best 30.
That's serious...

1 Like

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by onecansee: 12:53am On Apr 13
They are wrong. University of ibadan is number 1 in Nigeria.
2 obafemi awolowo university
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by IfnobeGod20: 1:23am On Apr 13
Onuminya1:
I can't find ABU on that list which suggests the list isnt authentic.
I am also taken aback that ABU is not feature there. I have a doubt about the ranking authenticity. My ABU, my citadel of learning.
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Johncuppa(m): 4:28am On Apr 13
SoNature:

What's tuition fees in Covenant University again? Bros, the day that school starts charging what federal universities in Nigeria charge, we will have this debate.

Until then, just know that you need money to run universities and CU is one of the most expensive universities in Nigeria.
It's funny you believe private university running without subvention, financial aids like tetfund and no capacity to admit students like government schools is richer than federal universities.
And more so, if that is true, why are we not having other private universities leading like Covenant?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Gerrard59(m): 5:08am On Apr 13
Draslo:
Covenant, Babcock and Bells girls revolutionised hookup

Please explain further as I find it surprising since it is expected their parents are well-to-do.
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Gerrard59(m): 5:10am On Apr 13
SoNature:

Look at the yardstick used for ranking those universities. Private universities are supposed to be doing much better than public schools because they have enough funding to reach their goals. Educational institutions are useless without money.

I have to praise Covenant University for outpacing other private universities that started before them like Igbenedion University and Madonna University. Those two varsities are merely glorified secondary schools.

Poor management. Hate or love David Oyedepo, but he is a good manager who strives for excellence. Kudos to him and CU. I am proud to state I predicted Covenant's growth on Nairaland since 2016/17.

Nigeria's Harvard! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Gerrard59(m): 5:16am On Apr 13
ChiefS:
Ranking is not always very accurate and does not reflect reality and true picture. The truth is that private universities devote a lot of time to documentation and tailor all their energies into coming tops in global rankings.

This is true and especially a reason most science academics are not fond of the THEducation rankings compared to ARWU or QS rankings. For instance, the National University of Singapore and Nanyang University of Technology are ranked above some elite universities in the US, even though nothing exemplary or special or renowned has emanated from either NUS or NTU.

Many of the private universities are serviced by staff of Federal Universities as adjuncts.

To be fair, this point does not concern rankings. It is how those staff behave or their output that matters, not who employed them.

Ranking can be misleading as it does not reflect the quality of teaching and impact of the products of the universities.

That is not true. Quality of teaching is a methodology in both the QS and THEducation rankings.

For instance, there is no way a university less than 20 years can match the impact of the University of Ibadan which has existed for more than 70 years and produced various global icons. The truth is that the research of many old or retired professors at such universities may not be available online.

Sure, older schools would always top research output. But the bold is a weak point. Any research which is not publicly available for perusal or critical review is not worth its salt. If the research is so good, publish it or use it to obtain a patent.
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Gerrard59(m): 5:25am On Apr 13
bmaster2000:
None of Ibo's private or public universities makes it to the 10 ..and they will come here and boast about their education acumen ...and WAEC result performances......pls., is it with the WaEC result that miracle centres plenty pass real centres...

Where mercenaries are used in most of the centres ...we are seeing the product all over ...it can be evidently seen.

UNN is number 7. Tribal jaundice won't allow you to see clearly. The Civil War greatly affected the growth of universities in the East. However, Igbos have grown and compete favourably in universities outside the East. A previous second BGS from UI is an Igbo lady, who is now an associate professor in China. A significant proportion of non-Northern students in most northern universities are Igbos. UniJos, universities in Adamawa, Borno, Sokoto etc. Covenant University, being Christian-owned gets a significant proportion of students from the East. Go and check for yourself, most CU students are Igbos. In fact, as the country gets more Islamised, church-owned universities, especially those in the SW, would have to rely on Igbos and ethnic minorities in the south south to fill them.

Additionally, it seems you are pained that Igbos dominate national examination rankings. Mind you, this has been historical, if not for the war, most ethnic groups would not see the backs of Igbos in national examinations. So, what you see is what has always been - Igbos dominate national examination rankings.

P.S. I don't expect you to believe me, but for unsuspecting readers and the general public, I consider it important to dispel lies on the Internet.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Gerrard59(m): 5:26am On Apr 13
Johncuppa:

You've not been around for a while.
Covenant university has been taken a lead and competing with federal universities since.

Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge are not advance secondary schools because they are private now.

Publicly owned*

The best universities in the UK are publicly owned. The US is the only major country where the best universities are privately owned.
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Gerrard59(m): 5:30am On Apr 13
Blessed4sure:
The Federal Government institutions can do much better, but a private institution coming tops is not necessarily a cause for shame.

Please browse the top five universities in the world. Most are private.

At least 8 of the top 10 universities in the USA are all privately owned.

Because they are located in the US. Most best universities outside the US are publicly owned.
Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Draslo(m): 7:56am On Apr 13
Gerrard59:

Please explain further as I find it surprising since it is expected their parents are well-to-do.
That's why I said they revolutionised hookup. They are well exposed and speak well. Before, hookup girls go blast you in pidgin. They're the ones that made the average hookup girl decide to talk posh and form classy. Na them make hook up girls for club dey lie say their papa Na billionaire for VGC and their mama na top banker. Before, all these lamba no dey.

1 Like

Re: Covenant Beats UI, FUTA To Retain Nigeria’s Best University Spot (Full List) by Blessed4sure: 7:57am On Apr 13
You are right. The top universities in Africa, for example, are publicly owned.

However, I only tried to prove that private universities coming tops isn't necessarily a cause for shame.

In Nigeria in particular, private establishments are known to be managed more effectively than public ones, as merit rules, and there is less bureaucracy. Why do we expect universities would be an exception?

Even at the secondary school level, the topmost schools in Nigeria are private.

While we expect our public universities to perform much better, it's not cause for alarm if the private ones are coming tops.

Gerrard59:

Because they are located in the US. Most best universities outside the US are publicly owned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo: CCTV Installed In Hostels At Redeemer's University / Candidates React To Jamb’s 160 Cut-off Mark For Admissions / No TRCN Certificate, No Teaching Job – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.