Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,545 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

No Local Coach Can Manage The Super Eagles - Ex- Star - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / No Local Coach Can Manage The Super Eagles - Ex- Star (121 Views)

No Indigenous Coach Can Handle Super Eagles – Super Eagles Player Warns NFF / Finidi George To Manage The Super Eagles Against Ghana And Mali / Rohr: I Want To Continue As Nigeria Coach; Can Agree New Contract With NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Local Coach Can Manage The Super Eagles - Ex- Star by atiku4President(m): 2:18pm On Apr 12
Former Super Eagles defender George Abbey has categorically stated that the country does not have a local coach who can manage the larger-than-life egos of the national team players.

Abbey said as a result of this, the NFF should look outwards for the next Super Eagles coach.

“There is no local coach who can handle the big egos of the Super Eagles players so that he can earn their respect,” said the fullback, who featured for the Super Eagles between 2003 and 2007.

“It is important that the next coach has the full respect of the players because without that, you cannot guarantee success.

“And I have looked around for that Nigerian coach who can do this, and I cannot see.”

There were reports of players’ unrest last month when Finidi George took temporary charge of the Super Eagles in friendlies against Ghana and Mali in Morocco.

The debate has continued to rage over whether the NFF should appoint a foreign or local coach to succeed Jose Peseiro, who has moved on after he led the Super Eagles to the final of the recent AFCON.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/super-eagles-big-egos-will-mess-any-local-coach-ex-star/
Re: No Local Coach Can Manage The Super Eagles - Ex- Star by brain54(m): 2:24pm On Apr 12
Maybe kanu or okocha can command that presence...

But not sure those two have interests in coaching.

Not sure they even have the talent, skills or ability to make a good coach!
Re: No Local Coach Can Manage The Super Eagles - Ex- Star by Deogratiasfx: 2:35pm On Apr 12
atiku4President:
Former Super Eagles defender George Abbey has categorically stated that the country does not have a local coach who can manage the larger-than-life egos of the national team players.

Abbey said as a result of this, the NFF should look outwards for the next Super Eagles coach.

“There is no local coach who can handle the big egos of the Super Eagles players so that he can earn their respect,” said the fullback, who featured for the Super Eagles between 2003 and 2007.

“It is important that the next coach has the full respect of the players because without that, you cannot guarantee success.

“And I have looked around for that Nigerian coach who can do this, and I cannot see.”

There were reports of players’ unrest last month when Finidi George took temporary charge of the Super Eagles in friendlies against Ghana and Mali in Morocco.

The debate has continued to rage over whether the NFF should appoint a foreign or local coach to succeed Jose Peseiro, who has moved on after he led the Super Eagles to the final of the recent AFCON.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/super-eagles-big-egos-will-mess-any-local-coach-ex-star/

As long as the trophy Keshi won for us in 2013 is not fake but original, I disregard this statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Local Coach Can Manage The Super Eagles - Ex- Star by Solofresh2: 3:22pm On Apr 12
Deogratiasfx:

As long as the trophy Keshi won for us in 2013 is not fake but original, I disregard this statement.
Oya mention one homely coach presently that will coach the current Nigerian squad undecided
Re: No Local Coach Can Manage The Super Eagles - Ex- Star by Deogratiasfx: 3:45pm On Apr 12
Solofresh2:
Oya mention one homely coach presently that will coach the current Nigerian squad undecided

Go ahead and hire a foreign coach o. We don't want to hear that it is because of it is a local coach that is why Nigeria' fails to quit for 2026 World cup.
But I guarantee you, it is the same results both local and foreign coach will give you.

(1) (Reply)

FA Cup Manchester City - Chelsea April 20.04 - Live / It's All In Your Hands! Check This Out.... / Watch Paul Sampson Score A Wonder Goal For Abia Warriors Vs Enugu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.