Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? (15330 Views)

Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing / Ipad 2 Versus Samsung Galaxy Tab / Advantages Of Desktop Computers Versus Laptops? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by wokess: 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
dear nairalanders ipad and samsung galaxy which do you know is better? kindly let me have your opinion
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Maleeq(m): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2011
hmmmmm, you trying to open a can of worms by that comparison o! grin
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by blackweaver(m): 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2011
i may be wrong, haven't used either after all but this is what i believe :- ipad is better at what it does, however galaxy does more
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by blackweaver(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2011
personally i won't buy an ipad
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kemmeye: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
i think the ipad is better but between the motorola xoom and the ipad the motorola xoom is better it has more functions than the ipad and i know this because i have siblings who use both.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
I have the Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 and got my wife the iPAD 2. So yea, we have them both.

Depends on your preference . . they are both good in their owns ways.

- The ipad has more market applications than the Samsung Galaxy tab. Understandable since the ipad has been around than the Samsung.

-  Major - The Galaxy tab has flash while the ipad does not.  This is a big deal because flash allows you to view videos / movies on the

browser.

- Samsung's camera is a lot better than the iPAD.

So, again, it is up to you.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by vabrida: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
nOtHiNg LiKe An IpAd, TrY oNe AnD yOu WiLl NeVeR bE sAmE aGaIn. AlSo ApPlIcAtIoN wIsE, iPaD sTaNdS oUt PrEtTy MuCh LiKeLy ThAn GaLaXy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by awesomet1(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
iPad!
Pros:
Smooth operation, feel and I think durability.

Cons:
Few and expensive apps
Less features compared to the samsung galaxy.

In all, everything boils down to taste.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2011
kemmeye:

i think the ipad is better but between the motorola xoom and the ipad the motorola xoom is better it has more functions than the ipad and i know this because i have siblings who use both.

FYI, the Motorola XOOM is nothing when compared to the new Samsung Galaxy Tab series.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2011
and you are not qualified to talk about this comparison if you have not used both extensively.

I personally believe a lot of people get the iPAD because of the hype. my opinion.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by enkoby: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
I have been trying to download apps using my itunes application on my ipad, but each time i tried it will read 'can not connect to itunes'. please what could be the cause of the error and how can i rectify it?
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kemmeye: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2011
kokoye:

I thought this comparison (and topic) was between the IPAD and the Samsung Galaxy Tab

FYI, the Motorola XOOM is nothing when compared to the new Samsung Galaxy Tab series.
did you even read what i wrote i said i tought it was better but between,
and besides even if that is the topic i dont really care i write what i want its not like i didnt give my own opinion.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^^

True. apologies.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2011
enkoby:

I have been trying to download apps using my itunes application on my ipad, but each time i tried it will read 'can not connect to itunes'. please what could be the cause of the error and how can i rectify it?

Are you able to browse with the device?
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kemmeye: 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2011
and if you were talking about me not qualified to talk about the comparison i use both everyday cuz i have siblings who use them and the xoom is more professional than the ipad for example you can only open 9 web pages on the ipad but on the xoom its unlimited i personally think the ipad is a big ipod
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by ogasir2011: 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
The Blackberry Playbook is Cheaper, better, than Both the ipad and Galaxy tab
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kemmeye: 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
kokoye:

^^^

True. apologies.
smiley smiley cheesy
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2011
kemmeye:

and if you were talking about me not qualified to talk about the comparison i use both everyday cuz i have siblings who use them and the xoom is more professional than the ipad for example you can only open 9 web pages on the ipad but on the xoom its unlimited i personally think the ipad is a big ipod

Calm down.

I wasnt refering to you with that comment.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2011
ogasir2011:

The Blackberry Playbook is Cheaper, better, than Both the ipad and Galaxy tab

Sorry to burst your bubble.

But the Playbook is crap.

Cant do almost anything without a BlackBerry phone around. Fact.

Try getting the device to connect to the Web as a standalone device. cheesy
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by enkoby: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
kokoye:

Are you able to browse with the device?

yes, i browse with the ipad comfortably. but once i try downloading an app, it will either ask for my credit card detials or simply say it cant connect to my itunes.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kemmeye: 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2011
kokoye:

Calm down.

I wasnt refering to you with that comment.

no i was not pissed about it embarassed
i was just trying to give an example of why i tot the xoom was better  lipsrsealed
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by grafikii: 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2011
no comparison, i have used both samsung GT beats the ipad2 hands down, flawless victory  grin GT
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by ogasir2011: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2011
The Playbook, uses the same subscription with your blackberry phone- using the bridge facility. and browsing is fast, showing u complete web pages. the playbook is multitasking- u call run all application simultaneously, still maintaining its fast processing speed

For Existing BB users: Blackberry Playbook is the BOMB
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by otumfour(m): 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2011
i use an iphone 4 and wud be great gelling it wit the ipad but, the ipad is too limited in terms of features; I mean the iphone is limited enough for me to add an ipad to it. SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB any day mayne cool am tired of everything itunes.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by otumfour(m): 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2011
ogasir2011:

lol! sad statement, shows how low the whole bb crap has become, whatsapp FTW
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by kokoye(m): 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2011
ogasir2011:

Bottomline,

The Playbook is CRAP without an existing BlackBerry device.

RIM was not planning to take on new users

No wonder it is not selling.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Raxxye(m): 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2011
kokoye:

Bottomline,

The Playbook is CRAP without an existing BlackBerry device.

RIM was not planning to take on new users

No wonder it is not selling.
EXPERIMENTING ON SOMETHING!
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by martyns303(m): 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
please if i may go a little off topic. i have a credit card with which i buy stuffs from iTunes, i keep limited cash in it for security purpose, now the thing is i bought an app for my ipad, the app actually downloaded and i've installed it on my ipad, 2hrs later a page on the iTunes comes up showing my purchase details and say my last purchase could not be debited or sumtin like that. that is, they cant deduct the money from my account. check my account balance and i dnt have enough money on the credit card to cover the purchase. the problem now is i can't credit that card for the next 2weeks, hope nothing will happen to my iPad, or send police or sumtin, cos technically it means i stole from them. any idea pls.
Re: Ipad Versus Samsung Galaxy Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
[size=28pt]Comparison between Galaxy Tab vs iPad
[/size]

#1. Design and Structure War between Galaxy Tab vs iPad

The launch of Samsung’s original 7 inch Galaxy Tab last year came out as a surprise to Apple iPad 1 and also marked the beginning of a long war against Steve Job’s innovating devices. So, with the release of the iPad 2 in First Quarter of this year, people expected the new Galaxy 10.1 inch tab to hold a strong hand in the tablet market when it arrived in June.

Samsung is looking at competing directly with the iPad, using identical pricing strategies and even releasing a smaller 8.9 inch version later in the summer that will undercut the iPad 2 – a sign of intent?

Size wise the 10.1 inch Samsung is very compact, even relative to the new thinner iPad 2, its only 8.6mm thick, 0.2mm slimmer than the already slim Apple slate. It also weighs in lighter at 565g to the iPad 2’s 607g, making it a little lighter even though it is notably taller than the Apple Ipad 2.

The Samsung also has a larger screen, with a 10.1 inch 16:10 version displaying LCD images on a 1200×800 resolution. The Apple iPad 2 has a 9.7 inch screen that uses a LED-backlit IPS LCD screen. Both offer sparkling display that really impresses and could not be faulted, though the Galaxy’s is a tad clearer, mainly due to its higher pixel count.

So, In design and structure war between Galaxy tab vs iPad “according to me Galaxy tab is the best tablet PC, while the interface of Apple is still having the upper hand”.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Recharge Card Software.download & Test It Now Free! Season Greetings / More Cores Or More RAM, Which Is More Important? / Fiber Optics or VSAT, which way to go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.