Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,954 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") (2689 Views)

N100 For 100MB MTN Nigeria Project Fame Bundle / LG Rolling Out Magna, Spirit, Lion And Joy Announced / Google Is To Begin Rolling Out Of Android 5.0 Lollipop Version On 17/Oct/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2005
Vmobile Nigeria, the Nigerian phone company that foreign companies (Virgin Group and Vodacom) are scrambling to buy to buy, has commenced Project R.O.S.E., a $2 billion network expansion project that is supposed to enable them to be able to accomodate up to 10 million subscribers on their network!

"Vmobile Nigeria has announced that it would invest a minimum of $2 billion in its network infrastructure within the next 24 months for its quality and coverage expansion initiative codenamed Project R.O.S.E - Rolling Out Service Everywhere. The investment will be used to build at least 3,000 base stations around the country and expand network capacity to accommodate a minimum of 10 million subscribers." (read more):
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Seun(m): 3:21pm On Jul 11, 2005
From a Vmobile Ad in the July 8 edition of the Punch Newspaper:

PROJECT ROSE COVERAGE SMS COMPETITION

How to participate
From July 1st, 2005 you can actually decide which town will be next to come live on the Vmobile Network.

Simply send an SMS with the town code of your preferred location to 39800 and you will recieve an automated response confirming your entry.

Each SMS is equivalent to one vote and you may vote as many times as you wish. Each SMS will be charged at the normal SMS tariff rates (15 naira peak period, 10 naira off-peak period for prepaid subscribers, 10 naira flat for postpaid subscribers).

The votes for each quarter will be counted and the three towns with the highest number of votes will be switched on within 45 days. it's that simple.

Get more votes for your town by referring friends
It's easy to increase your town's chances of winning. Simply refer your friends by sending their phone numbers and the preferred code to 39800.

Send town code and friend's phone number to 39800, for example 103 08022226636

Each referral must be contained in a separate SMS to 39800. Referred subscribers will be prompted by SMS to vote for the selected town. Referred subscriber's vote will carry one point.

Your town will get two votes instead of one for each referral you make, bringing it closer to receiving Vmobile's customer-focused service. [is that so?]

Subscribers may also check for town codes by sending an SMS with the name of the town to 39800. A return SMS with the town code will be sent to the subscriber.

Winning towns and cities will be published in newspapers and a notifying SMS will be sent to subscribers whose towns win.

Rules of the Game
- Subscribers can only vote for towns listed in Vmobile leaflets and posters.
- There will be no voting for areas in Lagos.
- Competition is open to only Vmobile subscribers.
- Vmobile's decision is final.

If a town you voted for emerges the winner, you automatically qualify for the big Knockout Draw in December. You could win $100,000, one of five Mercedes Benz E200 Kompressor, one of ten i-vtec Honda Accords and thousands of mindblowing prizes [My mind own mind [i]no fit blow o].

See Newspaper inserts, leaflets, and posters at Vshops and dealer outlets for more information.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Seun(m): 1:31am On Jul 23, 2005
If your town is currently not connected to the Vmobile Network and you'll like to vote, please send me a PM via the forum and I'll look up the 'town code' for you.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by onyesia: 11:43am On Jul 26, 2005
please i need to know more about this you can reach me with this number 08023898734 peter
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by hotangel2(f): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2005
wow..this is great.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Spindus(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2005
Thank you Vmobile, u r indeed a listening network!
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Seun(m): 12:18am On Aug 09, 2005
I'm not so sure. I read a recent newspaper article with a title like "Vmobile Project ROSE Spurned by Subscribers!"
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Seye(m): 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2005
Project Rose is a FRAUD. How can Vmobile expect us to text a number at N15. Imagine 2 million subscriber at N15 each. That's N30 million. Imagine how manu stupid Nigerian that will fall for this trick on a daily basis. Haba. Its like Using Abu's money to entertain Abu. (Ka fowo Abu sabu lalejo).
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Tobi(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2005
Seye:

Project Rose is a FRAUD. How can Vmobile expect us to text a number at N15. Imagine 2 million subscriber at N15 each. That's N30 million. Imagine how many stupid Nigerian that will fall for this trick on a daily basis. Haba. Its like Using Abu's money to entertain Abu. (Ka fowo Abu sabu lalejo).

Seye, u voiced my exact sentiment.  Vomible is presenting the impression that they r subscribers driven but it makes no sense...Does that mean that they do not have a roll-out plan like MTN? I know for sure that the operators have to provide their own transmission network or are they saying that there is transmission available everywhere? If for instance i txt in my village somewhere in Abeokuta and the nearest tramsission node is about 50km away, will they say that they must provide coverage by all means just because i was able to influence my my kinsmen to vote?
They can only use this method for priotising coverage if they had provided perhaps partial coverage in those places and they get people to show if they want them to go to those places that they would not ordinarily want to go. I think that Vmobile is insiduosly trying to compell people to spend =N=15 for nothing. U do the aritmethic and see how much acrues to their purse from this little SCAM.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by cushman(m): 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2005
Five towns have emerged winners in the first quarter of the Vmobile project ROSE SMS competition ( 1st July-- 30th September, 2005).

In the NORTH EAST;

Biu - In Borno state

Gombi - Adamawa state

SOUTH WEST

Okemisi - Ekiti state
       Assop -   Plateau state
       Obangede - Kogi state

NOTE: If a town you voted for emerges the winner, you automatically qualify for the BIG KNOCKOUT DRAW in December.

You could win $100,000 , one of five mercedes Benz E200 kompressor, one of ten i-vtec Honda Accords and thousands of mindblowing prizes...

Because it's all about you...

1 Share

Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by bodybuilder: 2:59pm On May 10, 2023
Hi
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Parachoko: 4:32pm On May 10, 2023
VMobile couldn't withstand the heat from MTN, Glo and Airtel
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Leemekzy: 7:52am On May 11, 2023
Parachoko:
VMobile couldn't withstand the heat from MTN, Glo and Airtel
VMOBILE is AIRTEL. They changed their name.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Parachoko: 7:53am On May 11, 2023
Leemekzy:
VMOBILE is AIRTEL. They changed their name.
I highly doubt it

Airtel is Econet
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Leemekzy: 7:56am On May 11, 2023
Parachoko:
I highly doubt it

Airtel is Econet
LOL. ECONET changed to VODACOM then to VMOBILE then to CETEL before changing to AIRTEL. ECONET is my first and only number i have been using it came it out with MTN.
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Parachoko: 7:59am On May 11, 2023
Leemekzy:
LOL. ECONET changed to VODACOM then to VMOBILE then to CETEL before changing to AIRTEL. ECONET is my first and only number i have been using it came it out with MTN.
Okay

1 Like

Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by chineduace(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2023
Leemekzy:

You forgot Zain...
Re: Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere") by Leemekzy: 2:44pm On May 11, 2023
chineduace:

You forgot Zain...

Yes ZAIN was before CETEL

(1) (Reply)

Glo 1gb For 100 Naira | Launches Regular Plan Of 1gb For 1000 Naira / Beware Of Fake Infinix Smartphones Selling In The Market / Neatly Used Infinix S4 For Sale @ 30k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.