Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone (30892 Views)

Flour Mills PLC (FMN PC) At 60! Nigeria’s Largest Food & Agro-Allied Group Is 60 / Zenith Bank Becomes Nigeria’s Largest Bank By Customer Deposit / Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by NaijaphiliaBlog: 5:12pm On Apr 14

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by ariesbull: 6:59pm On Apr 14
VERY FANTASTIC
Antoeni:
Opay deserve that first position because their service is 100%
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by ariesbull: 7:08pm On Apr 14
THAT ONE NA BANZA KAWAIII
TUANKU:

Go and check their mission statement and stop making a fool of yourself. Their focus is on domestic banking services and they are doing it better than any local bank and ordinary Nigerians who use their services are satisfied with it.
Look who is talking about sophistication grin...Banza kawaii.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by orriyomi33(m): 11:21pm On Apr 14
Have you tried contacting their customer care on the failed transaction?
If no,try to send them a message through a live chat on the app.
Badmashiii:

Bros i no dey lag. I don't comot mind for the money but I've learnt my lesson.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 11:27pm On Apr 14
oz4real83:
Zenith that closed its gates all over the country and couldn't meet even the smallest needs of its customers during the new naira crisis is "one of the largest banks by valuation" . Our definition of that statement needs to be revisited sad
Zenith bank is company bank or business bank and not people bank, they deal mainly with companies and businesses
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 11:29pm On Apr 14
TUANKU:
Opay took barely 5 years to control a large market share due to their easy banking services while prophets of doom were busy predicting their fold up. They came and liberated average Nigerians from poor and epileptic services from Nigerian banks. You will transfer money from one Nigerian bank to another and you have to involve Insha Allah for something not to go wrong, if something goes wrong you will spend hours everyday for days at the bank branch to solve it while you're at the mercy of CS. Common to obtain a new ATM card na another process wey go require prayers. Nigerian banks make simple banking services look like rocket science. In this age and time you have my details like BVN,NIN,passport photo,address and others like utility bills, why the fvck am i supposed to still appear physically at the bank branch in the name of completing the process of opening a bank account? With poor banking infrastructure during the Emefiele induced cash scarcity and many people were forced to use online banking most banking platforms had to undergo emergency upgrades because it was like they were facing a DDOS attack because it couldn't handle the volume of transactions,some went off for days.
POS is used making payments mostly for small businesses like restaurants,bars etc but in Nigeria due to poor banking services POS don turn to bank.
If people narrate their sad experiences with Nigerian banks e reach to do series of documentaries.
No serious company or business has their account with opay.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 11:34pm On Apr 14
Proudlyngwa:

How many serious business minded people dey naija
The likes of dangote, Glo, bua, chevron etc, they bank with access, zenith, UBA etc, not opay.
You cannot see dangote having an account with opay.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 11:37pm On Apr 14
ChristineC:
business minded? if you are a business person making loads of payment, you'd not even utter this balabu.
you think it's by employing people to wear suit and tie everywhere and offer poor digital services?
You must be a clown of you think dangote, chevron, huawi will carry out their business transaction through opay when zenith and access is there
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 11:45pm On Apr 14
TUANKU:

Stop making excuses for these banks. Why are conventional banks in other places offering hitch free services? In some countries you find less than 10 staff in a branch and everything works fine, these banks were simply serving the Nigerian factor,what did Opay implement that was so expensive that no bank in Nigeria could implement? It's simply bad policies and services, you deduct peoples money on flimsy excuses,monies disappear from customers accounts and the bank simply tells you "go to court"...Nigerian banks shot themselves in the foot. No excuses, not even about Softbank or anything it's just incompetence that simple.
You are forgetting that Nigeria banks rely on network provider, sometimes when u are having issues it most likely MTN or mainone having the issue and not the bank itself.
As long as Nigeria has poor network service the banks will always have poor network service.
These bank built their own infrastructure, have their own server being maintained in Nigeria by Nigerians, I know this because I work as a system administrator in one of them. The likes of opay using aws cloud services hosted somewhere in the US or Europe, hence they will always have better service than traditional banks.
Can our services be improved?
The answer is yes and we are working towards that. But Nigeria as a country need to have better network to get the best out of traditional banks
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:50am On Apr 15
Indifferent12:

The likes of dangote, Glo, bua, chevron etc, they bank with access, zenith, UBA etc, not opay.
You cannot see dangote having an account with opay.

Lol
I asked how many serious minded business people are there and you called institutions.
Even if we have 10 million business people who are serious minded, do U know the ratio it is to other people based on our population
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 6:55am On Apr 15
Proudlyngwa:

Lol
I asked how many serious minded business people are there and you called institutions.
Even if we have 10 million business people who are serious minded, do U know the ratio it is to other people based on our population
Your questions is actually irrelevant, even business people carrying out transactions worth millions of niara don't use opay for such transactions. We use opay to carry out small transaction n that's it, opay is not even a bank.
Now access bank is helping Dangote move 2 billion naira from one account to another and you want to compare to ur 5 thousand naira transactions, oga rest.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:18am On Apr 15
Indifferent12:

Your questions is actually irrelevant, even business people carrying out transactions worth millions of niara don't use opay for such transactions. We use opay to carry out small transaction n that's it, opay is not even a bank.
Now access bank is helping Dangote move 2 billion naira from one account to another and you want to compare to ur 5 thousand naira transactions, oga rest.

Your reasoning is myopic and outdated.

U just seem to want to believe what is in your head

Less than I million people do an average transaction of 10 million amongst 20something banks

Over 100 million people do transactions of an average of 10 thousand on one app.
Who gains

And I know merchants who transact over 1 million daily with Opay.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by HRMK: 7:36am On Apr 15
SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE!!
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 7:46pm On Apr 15
Proudlyngwa:

Your reasoning is myopic and outdated.

U just seem to want to believe what is in your head

Less than I million people do an average transaction of 10 million amongst 20something banks

Over 100 million people do transactions of an average of 10 thousand on one app.
Who gains

And I know merchants who transact over 1 million daily with Opay.

You are a clown if u believe that less than 1 million people are carrying out transaction in our traditional banks while the rest are using opay.
Zenith bank just made over 900 billion naira in profit last year, same with UBA.
Opay doesn’t even come close to make such profit.
If you know one person make a transaction of 1 million naira on opay daily, then 10 persons are making transactions of 20 million naira daily in UBA.

It’s funny I’m even having this silly argument with you. U are not in the financial sector so just dead this argument, opay doesn’t come close
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:49pm On Apr 15
Indifferent12:

You are a clown if u believe that less than 1 million people are carrying out transaction in our traditional banks while the rest are using opay.
Zenith bank just made over 900 billion naira in profit last year, same with UBA.
Opay doesn’t even come close to make such profit.
If you know one person make a transaction of 1 million naira on opay daily, then 10 persons are making transactions of 20 million naira daily in UBA.

It’s funny I’m even having this silly argument with you. U are not in the financial sector so just dead this argument, opay doesn’t come close

Like I said U are very myopic in your reasoning and U only choose to believe what U want
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 7:26pm On Apr 16
Proudlyngwa:

Like I said U are very myopic in your reasoning and U only choose to believe what U want
I’m not myopic, I’m talking as an insider in the banking industry
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by patorial(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21
Indifferent12:

I’m not myopic, I’m talking as an insider in the banking industry

What kind of an insider doesn't know that Opay is not a bank and the reported profits from banks is not from user's transactions??
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Indifferent12: 6:22pm On Apr 21
patorial:

What kind of an insider doesn't know that Opay is not a bank and the reported profits from banks is not from user's transactions??
Opay is a financial institution and the argument here is if opay is bigger that our traditional first gen bank
When did I say profits from banks are from user transactions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SPAR Mall In Port Harcourt Flooded Due To Heavy Rain / Bill Gates Dab In New Photo / Inside Osun's Revived Cocoa Factory, Ede, Osun state. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.