Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone (30759 Views)

Flour Mills PLC (FMN PC) At 60! Nigeria’s Largest Food & Agro-Allied Group Is 60 / Zenith Bank Becomes Nigeria’s Largest Bank By Customer Deposit / Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by JuanDeDios: 8:15pm On Apr 13
oz4real83:
Zenith that closed its gates all over the country and couldn't meet even the smallest needs of its customers during the new naira crisis is "one of the largest banks by valuation" . Our definition of that statement needs to be revisited sad
Redefine it naa. You think valuation is by reliability or even service.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by praise010(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13
Starboytwo:
I mean, if you are not using opay and I asked for your aza and you dey quote uba cbn ait etc I just shake head and pity.

Opay forever.

Loor....and how much is your transfer limit on Opay? Poor boy🤪
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Trojan8(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13
Valuation for an unquoted company like Opay while using the shareprice for other banks.

Opay valuation that is based on a single analyst perception.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Doyin2(m): 8:22pm On Apr 13
Believe this trash at your own peril !

Where is the source?

Sane people know the top banks in Nigeria by valuation.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by TUANKU(m): 8:22pm On Apr 13
Miyachi:

You have to consider too that oPay is a private company and startup so they can move fast and break things. For a Nigerian public company the NSE and it's investors aren't so forgiving. They might not really have as much money as you may believe to play around.

I say infinite funding because if SoftBank puts in $1billion into oPay, even if you have the most clueless CEO, it'll still take you a long way. (They put in $16billion into WeWork and I believe that isn't even their largest investment.) So, yes, infinite funding because if SoftBank believes oPay can be profitable and they need more money, they'll do more funding rounds.
Stop making excuses for these banks. Why are conventional banks in other places offering hitch free services? In some countries you find less than 10 staff in a branch and everything works fine, these banks were simply serving the Nigerian factor,what did Opay implement that was so expensive that no bank in Nigeria could implement? It's simply bad policies and services, you deduct peoples money on flimsy excuses,monies disappear from customers accounts and the bank simply tells you "go to court"...Nigerian banks shot themselves in the foot. No excuses, not even about Softbank or anything it's just incompetence that simple.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Segxydube: 8:23pm On Apr 13
Talkisneeded:
Congratulations....

I sell herbs

Abeg infection herb na hw much
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Segxydube: 8:24pm On Apr 13
Tradepunter2:
All these useless paid opay agent up there..... You think serious biznes minded people use opay? You must be daft..... Keep fooling yourselves

Na u daft.... Opay service has veen the beat since they came... But mumu pple like u no fit knw
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by mediclife1987(m): 8:24pm On Apr 13
TUANKU:
Opay took barely 5 years to control a large market share due to their easy banking services while prophets of doom were busy predicting their fold up.

Same way Cowrywise would take over
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Segxydube: 8:25pm On Apr 13
Promismike:
Banking in opay is a risk. Anything online is a risk.

Risk? Na wetin ur Usěless normal banks tell u be dat because opay is now beta than dem.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by TUANKU(m): 8:25pm On Apr 13
Miyachi:

You have to consider too that oPay is a private company and startup so they can move fast and break things. For a Nigerian public company the NSE and it's investors aren't so forgiving. They might not really have as much money as you may believe to play around.

I say infinite funding because if SoftBank puts in $1billion into oPay, even if you have the most clueless CEO, it'll still take you a long way. (They put in $16billion into WeWork and I believe that isn't even their largest investment.) So, yes, infinite funding because if SoftBank believes oPay can be profitable and they need more money, they'll do more funding rounds.
Nigerian banks are private too and Opay has shareholders too so what's the point?
Are you trying to say it's lack of funding that made Nigerian banks to offer poor services? Ya'Allah grin
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by TUANKU(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13
mediclife1987:

Same way Cowrywise would take over
Nothing is impossible, if they do their work well then why not.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Segxydube: 8:26pm On Apr 13
jiz:
Opay is low budget bank and cannot be in the class of Access and Zenith. Only the greedy dey use opay grin grin wetin be opay without fast interest, zero transfer and awuf airtime and data bonus.
Can you put your lifesaving on Opay?

If you go school u go knw say nothing fit do opay.

CBN and NDIC endorsed opay and u dey talk trash.. U need education

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by DaddyJapan(m): 8:30pm On Apr 13
Antoeni:
Nigeria's Largest Banks by Valuations

1. Opay - $2 billion

2. Zenith Bank - $1.1 billion

3. GT Bank - $1.083 billion

4. First Bank - $834 million

5. UBA - $690 million

6. Access Bank - $642 million

7. Stanbic Bank - $562 million

8. Ecobank - $516 million

AfricaFactsZone

According to the CBN, Opay is a Mobile Money Operator and not a Commercial Bank.

This list is akin to comparing apples 🍎s with oranges 🍊s. cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Mandate1: 8:30pm On Apr 13
tollyboy5:

It doesn't matter. They're the largest Nigeria bank currently.
na CBN tell you this one?
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Miyachi: 8:31pm On Apr 13
TUANKU:

Nigerian banks are private too and Opay has shareholders too so what's the point?
Are you trying to say it's lack of funding that made Nigerian banks to offer poor services? Ya'Allah grin
They are public companies, they aren't private. A microfinance bank like Kuda can be considered private. Opay is also private they aren't required to publish audited financials for the public to see. So, whatever metrics they used for the valuations, it is Insha'Allah.

On poor service, I don't know where you bank, but I've received optimal service from all my banks - services that oPay cannot provide.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Miyachi: 8:36pm On Apr 13
DaddyJapan:

According to the CBN, Opay is a Mobile Money Operator and not a Commercial Bank.

This list is akin to comparing apples 🍎s with oranges 🍊s. cool

Let them, people believe whatever they see on the internet without thinking critically.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by TUANKU(m): 8:39pm On Apr 13
Miyachi:

They are public companies, they aren't private. A microfinance bank like Kuda can be considered private. Opay is also private they aren't required to publish audited financials for the public to see. So, whatever metrics they used for the valuations, it is Insha'Allah.

On poor service, I don't know where you bank, but I've received optimal service from all my banks - services that oPay cannot provide.
Who told you that? grin grin grin
So NDIC that registered them requires that from others but not from them? Are you kidding? This is not the year 2000 bro.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by providencia(m): 8:45pm On Apr 13
Starboytwo:
I mean, if you are not using opay and I asked for your aza and you dey quote uba cbn ait etc I just shake head and pity.

Opay forever.

Me too grin grin grin. I hate it when they tell me they've still not gotten alert. Nothing beat opay, palmpay instant alert
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by blingxx(m): 8:48pm On Apr 13
Promismike:
Banking in opay is a risk. Anything online is a risk.

Opay is still the most reliable, opay is the reason why customer no dey queue for these nonsense banks with their rubbish network again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Measle: 8:49pm On Apr 13
Antoeni:
Opay deserve that first position because their service is 100%
I dey tell you. I have never receive such quality service from any of the banks here in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Cruzmaster: 8:54pm On Apr 13
Antoeni:
I don't know what GT bank is doing there by the way.
First bank should be second to none.
Any other bank listed there shouldn't be trusted.

Opay remain my number 2 choice.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Annahh(f): 8:56pm On Apr 13
GTB is not larger than Firstbank.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Miyachi: 8:58pm On Apr 13
TUANKU:

Stop making excuses for these banks. Why are conventional banks in other places offering hitch free services? In some countries you find less than 10 staff in a branch and everything works fine, these banks were simply serving the Nigerian factor,what did Opay implement that was so expensive that no bank in Nigeria could implement? It's simply bad policies and services, you deduct peoples money on flimsy excuses,monies disappear from customers accounts and the bank simply tells you "go to court"...Nigerian banks shot themselves in the foot. No excuses, not even about Softbank or anything it's just incompetence that simple.
Explain the incompetence you talk about and I can tell you that oPay is plagued with equal or more in measure. I have a several current accounts with conventional banks I don't get unnecessary deductions, in fact, I only get charged a maintenance fee if I exceed a certain monthly threshold and I've only observed that with one particular bank.

I have not been to a bank branch in a long time, I send and receive international payments in the comfort of my home. I am provided with overdraft and loan facilities without even needing to enter a branch.

I believe there is a certain demographic that oPay appeals to but generally they don't have the depth of services that conventional banks provide.

Yes they need to improve in certain areas like cyber-security and customer service but they can't take all the blame for certain customer errors. People need to take their security serious too, they submit their bvn and banking details to every website / app and expect their money to be safe? Even the other places you talk of, customers lose their funds if they don't take their security serious.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by tollyboy5(m): 9:04pm On Apr 13
Mandate1:
na CBN tell you this one?
See the topic
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Miyachi: 9:08pm On Apr 13
TUANKU:

Who told you that? grin grin grin
So NDIC that registered them requires that from others but not from them? Are you kidding? This is not the year 2000 bro.
Their valuation isn't customer funds. I don't even think customer funds is or should be part of a banks valuation but you can look it up, I'm not sure.
NDIC insurance is just like any other insurance, your bank only pays premiums to stay insured, even NDIC insures customer funds to a certain amount. That is even a different matter. Your bank is only required by CBN to keep a certain percentage of your money.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by integrity16(m): 9:09pm On Apr 13
I can't even put my life savings on Opay and then go to sleep with two eyes closed. Lailai
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Dilijingsly(m): 9:10pm On Apr 13
[quote author=Umueme post=129421063]Opay has been a life saver for me.

Initially people were like "they'll steal your money", "it's a scam" blah blah blah.

I started with 1k, increased to about 20k, 200k, 1m....... my opay takes above 7.5m now without me being worried.

And the best part, their transfers are instantly. No network issues.

If i unknowingly run out of data? I use ussd code.

Opay is the best
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by TUANKU(m): 9:11pm On Apr 13
Miyachi:

Explain the incompetence you talk about and I can tell you that oPay is plagued with equal or more in measure. I have a several current accounts with conventional banks I don't get unnecessary deductions, in fact, I only get charged a maintenance fee if I exceed a certain monthly threshold and I've only observed that with one particular bank.

I have not been to a bank branch in a long time, I send and receive international payments in the comfort of my home. I am provided with overdraft and loan facilities without even needing to enter a branch.

I believe there is a certain demographic that oPay appeals to but generally they don't have the depth of services that conventional banks provide.

Yes they need to improve in certain areas like cyber-security and customer service but they can't take all the blame for certain customer errors. People need to take their security serious too, they submit their bvn and banking details to every website / app and expect their money to be safe? Even the other places you talk of, customers lose their funds if they don't take their security serious.
I already explained it in the post you just replied to sir. Opay is better than your bank, name that your bank sir and let's compare their services.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Iamthoney(m): 9:12pm On Apr 13
Amigoss:
FirstBank suppose commot the first for their name,🤡🤡..
Nothing first about them
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Anonimoux: 9:14pm On Apr 13
OPay deserves that No 1 spot and Should also be at no 2 spot. These guys changed the game jor.
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by Anonimoux: 9:14pm On Apr 13
I don't even know what Zenith Bank is doing there mshewww
Re: Nigeria's Largest Banks By Valuation - Africafacstzone by yemmit90: 9:15pm On Apr 13
Tradepunter2:
All these useless paid opay agent up there..... You think serious biznes minded people use opay? You must be daft..... Keep fooling yourselves

Are you living in the cave or what? Alot of big businesses and individuals are using Opay and Moniepoint. If you are a business person, you won't be talking like this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Countries Where Binance Is Banned, Restricted (Full List) / BUA's Sugar Plantation: A Reply To Chika Mbonu / BREAKING: IT’S OFFICIAL – Diamond, Access Banks Merge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.